Remembering Becky Ch. 01

Story Info
Special times with an incredible natural woman.
5.1k words
4.46
47.1k
7

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/20/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The story begins in the year 1995, late spring.

This is the story of my relationship with a very special lady. A relationship that ended far too soon, but left wonderful memories...

*

It was just around the time when I thought I had hit rock bottom. I was just past forty, divorced going on four years. A divorce that left me crippled emotionally as well as finacially. I was so broke I couldn't even afford to own a car, despite my having a good job. If you're divorced and paying child support, I guess you understand. No problem about the paying mind you, and paying above and beyond what's expected for that matter, but it still makes life a struggle financially for everyone.

My love life had simply ceased to exist. Any confidence I may have had at some point was long gone. I hadn't even had a date for a couple of years and had pretty much given up any hope along those lines, until Becky came along.

I worked in the city for a very large concern, and had worked there for almost twenty years. After getting a few rapid promotions, I had settled into what was likely to be my last position, as I had no real hope for any further advancement.

I had gotten involved in an overtime project that involved a lot of physical work. That was fine by me as I certainly needed the exercise, having gotten a little pudgy since the divorce. I could also use the extra money and besides, what would I be doing at home anyway? Drinking, watching television or masturbating most likely.

The project had attracted mostly guys, the physical aspect apparently not appealing to the women of the company, with one exception. I had seen her around the building but since she worked on a different floor we had never actually met until now.

There are some women that seem to fit into the category of "one of the guys", and Becky was one of them. Becky was outgoing and gregarious, and more than willing to swap good natured ribbing and insults with the men on the project. Becky was certainly no wallflower, and was able to bring almost anyone out of their shells with her engaging manner. Even me.

She seemed to take a special interest in me, for whatever reason, and teased and kidded around with me whenever the opportunity presented itself. Becky had discovered that once you got behind the walls I tended to put up around me, there was somebody really fun and smart and interesting. Becky's words there, not mine.

I was really bummed out about the overtime project coming to an end, which meant I would not be seeing Becky any more. On the final day, we were talking during a break in the work, and out of the blue Becky suggested we have lunch someday.

Good thing she did too, since I was so lame I never would have come up with it. When I said I was low in the self esteem department, it was no exaggeration. I was always shy around new people as it was, but since the divorce I had lost the confidence I had managed to build up and had become the wallflower I had been in my youth. Becky would simply not allow that and always managed to bring me out of my shell.

The building we worked in was so far detached from the rest of society that everybody ate lunch in the cafeteria, time and distance not allowing any outside adventures except on special occassions.

So on a Wednesday afternoon I found myself sitting in a corner of the cafeteria with a can of soda and a bag of chips watching the door for Becky. I was actually excited about this lunch, which would be a mundane part of most people's days. This was an event for me, almost like a date.

When Becky came into the room I waved to get her attention. She spotted me and came over with her lunch bag swinging wildly at her side, smiling and exchanging commments with those she passed on the way. She was dressed in a light gray sweater and charcoal gray slacks, much different than the flannel shirts and sweatshirts Becky had worn during our project.

The lunch went very well, as Becky got me talking and involved in the conversation from the start. I was a tough one to get talking but once I started you couldn't shut me up. Becky's words again.

As we spoke, I was able to look at Becky more closely. I had guessed her to be my age and I was right, at 41 a year younger than me. She was divorced and had two children, almost adults now actually (me too). Becky had one of each, and I was lucky to not have any girls. I couldn't imagine what that would be like, knowing what guys are always thinking about.

Physically, you could say that Becky was an imposing figure. At six foot two, I was only about three inches taller than her. I had never seen her in clothes that allowed a good view of her body, but she was very broad shouldered and judging by the way she had handled the physical work we had done, she was certainly no dainty debutante.

I would guess that according to the standards of the time, Becky weighed about fifteen or twenty pounds more than the insurance charts said was what you were supposed to weigh. Since I fit into that category as well, I thought she was perfect.

Becky had these incredible green eyes and wavy red hair that she wore pulled back most of the time. She had a smattering of freckles around her nose that added to her healthy, strapping farm girl look. As she spoke I wondered if she had more freckles and I longed to explore for them.

As the lunch period drew to a close and we were packing up our things, I managed to stammer and stutter enough to ask her if we could do this again. She looked at me like I was from another planet.

"Well of course we will David" Becky said with a perplexed look. "Friday okay with you?"

Was it all right? Yes, I would make it a point to fit it in my schedule.

**

Our lunches became semi-regular affairs and were the high points of my life. We shared stories, kid-related misadventures and the like, and I grew more and more fond of her. Becky was impossible not to like, I thought, and very easy to love.

After a few of these lunches, I made up my mind to ask Becky for a date during our next meeting. I rehearsed what I was going to say the entire morning, listening in my mind to various scenarios and possible rebuttals to rejection or hesitation on Becky's part. I know how goofy this all sounds, but this meant the world to me.

I realized that there was a good chance that she would say no. Our employer had a very dim view of inter-office dating and although they couldn't legally do much about it, rumor had it that it was the kiss of death for your career. While I was fairly untouchable, Becky had not been there for nearly as long and probably still had a chance for advancement.

So with that in mind I sat in the corner, what had become our corner, and waited for Becky. She bounced in right on time and joined me with her typical enthusiastic greeting.

There was something different about Becky today, and it took me awhile to figure out what it was. Then it struck me. Becky was wearing a light blue short sleeved blouse, and I realized that I had never seen her arms before, or any part of her for that matter. She had always worn long sleeved tops and slacks.

This took me off my game a little as I got to see that in fact Becky did have more freckles, a lot of them in fact. They were sprinkled liberally over her arms and extending ever upward it seemed, until the sleeve got in the way of my examination. I found this exciting, and also enjoyed the pale, almost transparent downy hair that covered Becky's forearms. Maybe that was why she always wore long sleeves, I thought to myself. It wasn't any massive growth by any means, but most women tend to be very self-conscious about such silly things.

I tried to get myself back on track, and started to turn the conversation around to asking Becky out. I began meandering around this subject of dating, awkwardly I'm sure, and I would cringe if I actually heard a tape of it. I hadn't gotten anywhere near asking her out when she interrupted me.

"I've been seeing someone for about three years now" Becky said matter-of-factly.

I guess after my jaw dropped onto the table it might have become apparent that I felt like I just had a stake slammed into my heart and was withering away like Dracula. While I had often mentioned my utter lack of love life in our conversations I realized that Becky had never mentioned her status, assuming for some reason that a woman as alive and attractive would be available. I suddenly felt like such an idiot and struggled to put on a brave face.

"Hey David, don't slink under the table on me. I'm just telling you that so you know. It's not an exclusive relationship or anything like that and I'm not committing myself to anyone, now or probably ever again" Becky said while reaching over the table and touching the top of my hand.

"I wanted to tell you because I had the sneaking suspicion that you were going to ask me out, at least I think you were eventually if I let you keep going" Becky said smiling. "I thought that you should hear that part before you asked me out, and before I told you that yes, I would like to go out with you. You were going to ask me out weren't you? Boy, would I feel dumb if you weren't!"

All I could do was nod, as this emotional roller coaster had left me speechless for a moment. Finally I regrouped enough to talk.

"Um... I was going to ask you if I could make you dinner one night" I managed to get out. I thought that this type of date might be a way to get around my lack of transportation as well as show off my culinary skills which are ...well, at least passable.

"Oooh! That would be nice" Becky said softly and seductively while looking at me with her green eyes blazing. "I get trapped in your pleasure palace and you can wait on me while I think up ways to ward off your after dinner attack" she cackled.

"Oh, uh no" I stammered weakly. "I wouldn't do anything to ruin your dining experience. Besides I think you're supposed to wait a half hour or something, aren't you?"

"I think that's for swimming David" Becky offered. "Don't wait too long though or I might fall asleep after dinner."

With that load off my mind I enjoyed the rest of the lunch. We hammered out the details, which took some doing. I had my kids every other weekend, and although they were getting older and more independent I needed that to continue.

Becky's ex had her kids every other weekend as well, and it was sheer luck that the two schedules were the same. A week from this Saturday night Becky would be coming over for dinner at 5:00.

Having figured that all out, we resumed lunch. I went back to examining Becky as she spoke. Her arms were pale white, which made the freckles even brighter. I decided I liked freckles a whole lot more than I ever realized. Becky's arms were solid, almost muscular and I tried to imagine what she looked like naked. I knew she had been kidding around earlier, but there was no harm in imagining.

Just then, someone must have come into the cafeteria that Becky knew. She raised her arm and waved, and as she did, my eyes strayed upward. I did a double take, probably a triple take, because I wasn't certain at first what I had seen.

The wave had only lasted a second, but in that second I had seen what was most definitely hair peeking out from under Becky's arm as her sleeve rode up ever so slightly. Dark, almost black cherry in color, it stood out in deep contrast to her china white skin. I sat silently, blankly staring over at Becky's arm, hoping for another glimpse.

"Hellooooo! Anybody home David?"

Becky was waving her hand in front of my face and bringing me out of my trance.

"Where did you go?" Becky asked, looking at me befuddled. "I thought I must have hypnotized you with my thrilling conversation."

"Sort of" I answered, feeling the embarassment flushing my skin. "I was... uh....praying I guess."

"Praying for what?" Becky asked. "I thought you were an agnostic."

"Praying... that someone else would come into the cafeteria that you know, I guess" I blurted out.

"What? Oh well, on that note, I'm due back on the planet Earth now, so I must depart" Becky chuckled while shaking her head, as we prepared to leave.

My heart was racing as we left the room and headed our separate ways. What an unexpected bonus this was to me, I thought while floating back to my desk. This made Becky all the more interesting and exciting to me, as I had always been an admirer of women who remain as natural as possible.

I was not a fan of excessive make up, silicone and other such "beauty" methods. A little hair here and there certainly did not put me off, just the opposite. The first girl I had ever made love to had unshaven armpits, and since then I had been an unabashed admirer of the look, despite the fact that it had become more and more rare since the 60's and 70's.

The work day flew by as my mind was definitely elsewhere, and after the usual grueling bus ride home to my apartment I settled in for another night of television and vodka, and I was semi-dozing in front of another New York Rangers defeat when the phone rang. This was an event in itself as it seldom did, especially at 9:00, so I braced for bad news. It wasn't bad news however, it was Becky.

"Hey David! Sorry to call so late. I just got the kids locked into their rooms and finished the laundry. Did I wake you David?" Becky asked.

"No, I had to get up and answer the phone anyway" I quipped while trying to shake the cobwebs loose. I tried to think why she was calling and feared that my weirdness that afternoon must have scared her off.

"I got your number off the bathroom wall at work and had to call you" Becky said before yelling at one of her kids to knock it off and finish their homework. "Actually you're in the book."

"Well I'm excited to hear from you no matter how you got the number" I said.

"It was just that you were acting a little odd this afternoon and I thought I needed to talk to you about it" Becky said.

"Was I?" I asked innocently as I could. "I think it was just that I was excited that I was going to have you over for dinner. Kind of lost in space I guess."

"No, it was after that, Dave" Becky said with a different edge in her voice. "Something you said about hoping I would see someone else come into the cafeteria or something. What was that all about?"

"Uh... nothing. I think I was just babbling again or something." I was trapped like a rat and scrambling, looking for escape.

"David be honest now" Becky insisted. "I think that I might have figured out what it was. I think you might have caught a glimpse of something you weren't expecting, am I right?"

"Ummm, I'm not sure what you mean" I said defensively and nervously.

"I think you know full well what I'm talking about. That was my fault, my bad. You see, my laundry got way behind and I had to wear that blouse because I had nothing else decent to wear. I never wear anything but long sleeves to work. I hope nobody at work is as investigative as you are. Hell, it's probably just as well. I just wish you would have been honest and said something. You know, backed out of our dinner gracefully or something if it bothered you."

My silence was really screwing things up here, and although I was embarassed as hell I had to get it out.

"Becky, wait. You have this all wrong" I blurted out finally. "Look, I'm really bad at this stuff, it's seems like been so long since I've even spoken to a woman that I'm having troubles with it. You can tell that.... I mean it was taking me forever to ask you for a date, you practically had to pull it out of me"

"I know" Becky said softly. "I felt bad for you so I tried to bail you out, but it was kind of charming. Most guys aren't like that."

"Well, I'm not like most guys, for better or worse" I said. "And I was in another world anyway after you said you'd over for dinner. Then, when you...when you waved at somebody and... you know.. I could see... you know.."

"What could you see, David?" Becky asked. "No point in being shy now Dave."

"When you raised you arm to wave, the sleeve of your blouse slid up a little and I could see your underarm hair peeking out, and it looks like you haven't shaved it in a long time, if at all." All that in one breath, as I recall, and sweating like a pig all the while, fully realizing what I might have done to kill my chances with her.

"Made you want to run out the door, huh?" Becky said with amusement in her voice.

"NO!" I insisted a little too emphatically. "I mean no, it's just the opposite, believe me" I said with total candor. "It made me want to get a better look. I thought you were a beautiful woman before and I think that you're even more beautiful now. I had already asked you out by that time, if you recall."

"So David, is this a fetish of yours, women with hair under their arms?" Becky asked.

"Well, I don't know if I like the term fetish or not" I said. "Shaving or removing hair would seem to be more of a fetish, all this going out of the way doing something that is unnecesssary for medical or hygenic reasons. I can see models shaving since it would take attention from the clothes, but otherwise I think it's up to the individual. A smooth underarm is nice too but how long does it stay smooth before it starts to look stubbly? Is it a fetish for women to prefer guys with beards? What's the difference? Oh well, how's that for a speech? I finally asked."

"You're doing fine Dave" Becky cooed. "So tell me, did your ex-wife have hairy armpits?"

"God no" I remarked strongly. "I think she shaved her underarms everyday, until one day I told her I enjoyed women who let the hair grow under their arms. Then she started shaving three times a day."

I heard Becky's muffled laugh at that, and I realized this conversation was making me horny as hell, even more so than I was to begin with.

"So you've never been with a woman with body hair before, huh Dave?"

"The girl that broke my cherry had really hairy underarms" I said, recalling Doreen and her delightfully furry pits. "Ever since then I was attracted to the look, but that was the one and only time I've been with someone like that. You don't see much of that anymore, unfortunately. I take it that your other, I mean your boyfriend must like it too."

"No complaints that I can recall from my friend, if that's what you mean, but I don't remember it ever coming up" Becky said. "It wouldn't change anything one way or the other regardless. I am who I am. I got over letting others run my life the day my divorce became final."

"Good" I said with total conviction, "because I'm crazy about you the way you are.

"Hmmmm... interesting David, very interesting" Becky said in a mock sinister voice. "Well, I'll see you at work tomorrow Dave, good night."

***

That friday at work, I got an e-mail from Becky, asking me if I wanted to go out for a drink after work. Naturally I jumped at the chance and cut out of work a little early to meet Becky in the parking lot. She drove to this bar about halfway between work and my apartment. I thought it was a strange place to go but I was so happy to be with her it didn't matter where we were going.

When we entered the bar I was crushed to see that this was not going to be the one-on-one intimate meeting over drinks that I had envisioned. Instead, there were a bunch of people from work that had commendeered a group of tables and were carrying out loudly. We joined them and soon Becky was in full gear with them.

As for me, I didn't know many of them, but tried to get in the swing of things, figuring that if I pouted it might not look good in several ways. I had noticed a couple of upraised eyebrows when we had come in together as well. The last thing we, and especially Becky needed was the rumor mill to get fired up, although she did not seem all that concerned about it.

12