Remembrance of Things Past

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,734 Followers

But the golden-haired female felt the same lust for her powerful mate and reveled in the feel of his hard, throbbing cock as he pushed his knot into her swollen flesh. She growled with unrestrained passion as she felt him locked inside her. His thrusts became more frantic and she felt herself about to explode when he closed his teeth around her neck and bit down. She roared her pleasure in a loud howl as his seed flooded her womb.

The two wolves collapsed together in the soft grass, hearts pounding, lusts sated for the moment.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The sound of wolves howling in the distance startled the man awake. He bolted out of bed and ran to his neighbor's home, pounding on the solid wood door. "Wolves!" He screamed as loud as he could as he went from door to door. "Wolves! We must stoke the fires to keep them at bay. Hurry, Hurry!"

Men began pouring out of their dwellings, pulling on their clothing as they ran. A pack of wolves in their midst could be their end. They would take what few livestock that had lived through the harshest part of the winter, and then where would they be?

"Where be the Baxters? I've no use for those lazy good-for-nothings! Not a one of 'em has come out to help us!" The man went to Ewan's door. "Do ye hear me, Ewan Baxter?" He cupped his hands around his mouth as he yelled. "Ach, I give up. If the wolves come, let it be them that lose all they have!" The man disgustedly walked away. Who did they think they were? Their sleep was more important than anyone else's?

Ewan spotted the fires much sooner than he expected and could hear the shouts of the men in the village. Had they heard the howls of the mating wolves? The pairs shifted and clothed themselves, sneaking back into their homes, doing their best to evade detection.

They knew they couldn't stay with this group of humans for long. They had to find their own way, their own home. The twenty members of the pack had worked diligently to help the Scottish colony take hold, but it was far too cold for the humans to endure. Some had fallen sick throughout the winter and many had died. There were those who thought it strange the Baxter family evaded sickness.

Ewan knew it was time for his pack to move on, and quickly, when he overheard the word "witchcraft" as one of his fellow settlers eyed him suspiciously. He brought his pack together in the dark of night. "It is time for us to leave the humans. They mistake our hardiness for magic. We will be lucky to live through the next few weeks if we stay."

"Good! Being so near humans is uncomfortable. Where will we go, Ewan?" Ewan's second, Jamison, had never liked the idea of living near the humans anyway.

"I think it best we stay as far from the humans as possible. We will travel west, away from the coast, to find our home. Once we make our way to the mainland, we will travel as a wolf pack, carrying whatever we need on our backs. We'll make better time that way." Ewan slid an arm around his golden-haired mate. "I am sorry, Claire, I had hoped we'd be happy here, even among the humans, but it was not to be." He kissed the top of her head as she snuggled into his shoulder.

Ye are doing what ye think best for the pack, best for me. I will ne'er doubt ye, my love.

Jamison looked up at his Alpha. "Do ye think they'll try to find us?"

Ewan shook his head. "Nae, I think they'll just add us to the long list of the winter's dead. We leave tonight! Take only what ye can carry on yer backs." With that, he took his mate's hand and left the group to begin packing their meager belongings.

The Baxter Pack left in the middle of darkness, walking quietly away from the human settlement so as not to be heard. Ewan didn't stop until he could no longer make out the distant bonfire in the center of the little village. He looked at his pack, so willing to follow him to this new life, so far from home. He felt he had let them down. He had to find a home for them. He gave the word to his pack, who quickly disrobed, the males shifting immediately as the females deftly packed their clothing into the already full bags they then strapped to their mates' backs before shifting themselves.

We're off, then.

The pack of twenty wolves left at a lope, led by the large brown wolf, his gilt-furred mate at his side. His coat glinted red in the moonlight. His emerald green eyes shone brightly as they set forth on this next new chapter of the Baxter Pack.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

A little black-haired boy turned around in his father's lap, looking up at him. "Does that make us Canadian then, Daddy?"

"No, Jamey, that doesn't make us Canadian. Our family was barely in Canada six months." James ruffled his son's black hair. "My father, Jock, your grandfather, was born right here."

"Uncle Cole, how long before they got here to Nevada?" Colin was always the impatient one.

"It took them almost a year to get here. Every time they'd thought they'd found the right place, some humans would come along and they'd be on their way again. Finally, after about nine months, they made their way here, in the middle of winter! The only humans in the area were Makuhadökadö Paiute Indians, who lived near Battle Mountain. They believed the wolf created the land."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Ewan stopped when he smelled the human. How could he have allowed himself to be found? He looked up and saw the small male watching him closely. His long black hair was loose about his shoulders. His skin was dark. Ewan knew him to be an Indian. The wolf and the young boy watched each other closely. The last thing Ewan wanted to do was hurt a child. He knew he was taking a chance, but lay down in the snow. The boy did the same. Ewan dropped his head between his outstretched paws.

The boy attempted to mimic him, doing his best to lie in the cold snow, his arms stretched in front of him. But with his head lowered, he couldn't watch the beautiful wolf with the strange green eyes. He couldn't wait to tell his father that he had seen a wolf. But this wolf was so different than the gray ones that he saw normally. Could this be the God Wolf; the wolf that had made the land and made the Paiute?

They lay that way for hours, neither wanting to be the first to move, but the boy's stomach began growling more and more loudly. "Brother wolf, I must go back to our camp. I am hungry. I hope I will see you again." He slowly pulled himself to his knees, and then his feet, the brown wolf with the bright green eyes watching every move. The boy did not want to scare him and carefully backed away. But he had forgotten that he was on a ledge, and backed to the very edge before plunging over, falling to the ground far below.

Ewan leapt up when he realized the child was falling over the edge. He looked down at the boy lying at the bottom of the dry river bed. He was alive and crying in pain. Ewan didn't think about possible consequences as he picked his way down into the ravine and approached the injured child. He moved slowly, not sure that he wouldn't scare the boy.

"Brother wolf, are you going to help me? I think my leg is broken. Do you think you could carry me?"

Ewan had no idea what the child was saying to him, but could guess from his gestures. He crawled as close to the boy as he could, and lowered himself to the ground. He felt the boy gingerly climbing onto his back, and once there, holding him tightly around the neck. He could see the boy pointing and assumed that must be the way to his home. Ewan moved slowly, not wanting to jostle the boy any more than necessary. But he also didn't know how long the boy could withstand the pain. The sooner he got him to his home, the better. He just hoped that he would live to return to his own home.

Soon enough, Ewan smelled cooking fires and knew they were close. He walked slowly towards the camp, the boy's legs dangling on either side of the big wolf's body. The boy was still holding tight to his neck.

"We are here, brother wolf. Thank you so much." The boy could see his people moving around in the camp and called out, his father seeing him immediately. His father began to run, picking up his spear as he came.

"No father, this is brother wolf. He saved me! He is our friend, not our enemy." The boy motioned for the wolf to stop.

Ewan thought this might be his end. If the boy couldn't explain quickly, Ewan would surely breathe his last. He called out to his mate.Claire, know that I love ye more than life.

I know, my love. But it was the right thing to bring the boy home. His father will understand. I will see you soon, I am sure of it!

Ewan hoped his mate was right. He stood his ground, the boy still on his back, his father fast approaching with his warriors.

"The wolf did not hurt you? He saved you?" The boy's father took in the scene in front of him. The wolf was colored strangely. His fur was a dark brown, not like the gray wolves he had seen all his life. His eyes were the color of the spring grass. This was no ordinary wolf.

"Father, he is our friend. I think he could be the God Wolf, or was sent by him to save me!" The boy motioned with his hand and the wolf lay down carefully on the ground to allow him to crawl off.

The wolf backed slowly as the boy's father ran forward to lift his son off the ground. He hugged his son tightly, being careful of the obviously broken leg. He glanced up at the wolf, who had not run away. "Thank you, brother wolf, thank you." The man turned and, with his warriors, left the wolf and returned to his camp with the boy, who waved good-bye to his new friend.

When the men turned, Ewan turned and ran back to his home. Now what? Should they leave again? It was the dead of winter. It would be hard to make their way out through any of the surrounding mountain ranges until spring. It would be months before they could escape. Would the Indians try to hunt him down? Should he leave his family and lead the Indians away from their new home? He wouldn't tell anyone his fears. He would take the next day or two to decide. If he had to die to protect his mate, protect his pack, then so be it!

The next day, Ewan went to the same area he had found the boy, looking for any sign they were hunting for him. His heart sank when he saw the boy's father with his warriors. They must be looking for him. But wait, what was that they were dragging, a carcass? So they were hunting game?

The boy's father saw the wolf watching him from across the ravine. "Brother wolf, I bring you food, to thank you. I will leave it here for you." He motioned to his men who dropped the animal and backed away. The men turned and left.

Ewan watched them leave and scented the air. No other human odors. The kill was fresh. He waited to be sure they didn't return and approached the pronghorn antelope waiting for him. It appeared to be safe. Would Indians know of poisons as the Scottish Highlanders did? They used to set out poisoned meat for the wolves to find. Ewan sniffed it carefully. He would try it himself first. He tore a hunk of meat from the body and chewed. It tasted like normal. He sat and waited. He felt no ill effects. The antelope was far too big for him to take back to their camp alone. He called for his Betas to meet him, and they returned the food to their home. His pack was more than happy to see it. They had been weakened from their long trek across the country, and they had not yet learned the hunting grounds or the different animals here. Their recent kills had been sparse. This would help them to regain their strength.

Every day it was the same. The boy's father brought a carcass for the wolves to take back to their home. They gratefully accepted the meat. But finally, one day, weeks later, Ewan wanted to return the gesture. They had found the mountain streams full of fish and brought several trout that they left in the place of the deer carcass.

This was continued until the return of spring. Ewan was sure that this tribe could not afford to be giving away such large kills. He waited at the place the Indians left their game. When they next arrived, an elk carried between the men, the wolf was there waiting for them. He hoped he could make them understand. He stood up when they approached and began barking and howling at them.

They stopped where they were, their leader not sure what this meant. "Brother wolf, do you not wish the meat?" He watched as the wolf turned to leave. Yes, that is what he meant. He waved to their new friend. He hoped that the wolf would find them if he was in need of help again. He owed the green-eyed wolf his son's life. He could never repay that debt.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Do the Indians know we are werewolves, Daddy?"

"I'm not sure." Cole looked for his brother, standing against the wall. "Carr, do they know?"

"That's a pack secret, Corey. I can't tell anyone who knows about us and who doesn't. Always assume they don't unless I say otherwise, how's that?"

Corey furiously nodded his head.

"Now, where were we?" Cole was amazed the cubs were still so enthralled. Every face was turned to him. Even Tyra and Kyla were entranced.

"The spring, Uncle Cole, you said it was spring."

"Ah yes, spring."

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Kenneth, did I make a mistake? Should we nae have come here?" Ewan was sick to his stomach. Had he ruined all their lives?

"What makes ye say that, Ewan?"

"Not one of the females has gone into her season since we came to this land." Every full moon his heart broke with his mate's as she realized she was not to come into heat.

"Well now, I wouldnae worry about that, Alpha Baxter. All the females are young and healthy. A wolf will breed when she feels she is ready. Just being mated does not mean they are ready. The females know when the time is right. They are not to be rushed. When the time is right, they will breed. Do not worry, Ewan; the time will come." The healer watched his Alpha carefully. "Ye have done an amazing thing, Ewan Baxter, bringing a pack across the sea, and nae losing a one! Ye are a born leader, Ewan."

"The full moon is tonight. I will continue tae hope, my friend." Ewan clapped his healer and friend on the shoulder and returned to his mate.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Cole stopped speaking and waited for the onslaught of questions, but there was only silence. Every cub stared up at him, mouths open, tails still, not a peep coming from the usually boisterous group. A small hand rose into the air and Cole smiled. "Do you have a question, Colin?"

The boy's voice was almost a whisper. "Did they ever have any cubs, Uncle Cole?"

Cole was stunned for a moment, until his brother's voice carried through the room.

"Not a one, Colin, not a one." Carr winced when Lee smacked him in the back of the head. "Ow!" He rubbed the spot with mock indignation.

"Not funny, Carr! They're just cubs, they don't get your stupid jokes!" Lee walked to the front of the room. "Of course they had cubs, many of them. Don't listen to the Alpha. He thinks he's funny. But I think it's time to end the story telling for today. We'll have another day for stories soon, I promise."

The cubs and adults all clapped and cheered for their storyteller who gladly took a bow and winked at his proud son sitting in front of him.

Good job babe. I knew you could do it.

Cole saw Karen beaming at him from across the room. He smiled back. Not without you, Karen.

lilgirlsix
lilgirlsix
1,734 Followers