Ren - Shades of Grey Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

James glanced at Adam as he took in the way the other man was behaving towards his sister. "So what's going on here?"

Janey glanced at James and saw the shrewd look in his eyes. He never seemed to miss a thing as far as she was concerned. "Adam... Adam is my boyfriend," Janey said lightly.

James glanced at Adam with raised brows.

"How did you know I was in here?" Janey asked.

"I went to see you and Rob at his flat, only to have to call him on his mobile and he told me you were in here. So what's wrong with you?" James asked lightly.

Janey felt Adam's hand take hold of hers, silently offering her support. She glanced up at Adam for a moment before looking back at her brother. "Adam, can I have a few minutes alone with James?"

"I'll be right outside the door if you need me," Adam said gently as he gave her hand a gentle squeeze before letting go of it.

"Why don't you go and get yourself a coffee or something," James said evenly.

"I won't be far," Adam said to Janey with a glance before walking from the room.

Janey was silent for nearly a minute as she looked down at the bedclothes that covered her while she searched for the right words to say to her brother. She looked up in surprise as a warm hand engulfed one of hers and James sat on the edge of her bed.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything and I won't judge you," James said gently.

Janey looked up into her brother's face and suddenly the tears she managed to control prior to Adam's arrival an hour earlier filled her eyes and cascaded down her cheeks. She no longer had to be strong or brave as she reached for her older brother.

James folded Janey in his arms as she began crying, harsh sobs wracking her slender body.

"I'm pregnant... I don't know which one of them is the father... and now I'm bleeding... I'm so scared, so very scared." Janey managed when he tears ran dry several minutes later.

"Okay, so let's calm down and go over that piece by piece," James said gently as he reached for several tissues on the bedside unit.

Gently he eased his sister away so he could wipe the tears from her cheeks and get her to blow her nose just as he always had when she was a small child and had hurt herself somehow.

"Okay, firstly you're pregnant?" James watched as Janey nodded confirmation, "How long have you known?"

"Since shortly after I got home," Janey said softly.

"So obviously you have decided you want this baby. As far as who the father is, he obviously was a dickhead or you would have been with him of your own free will... but this bleeding, do you know what is causing it?" James asked gently with concern.

"The doctor ordered some tests, but no one has said anything much," Janey said miserably.

"Okay, I'll go and see what I can find out in a minute. And it's all right to be scared. Heck from what I've heard a lot of women are scared when they find out that they are pregnant and are having their first child." James paused for a moment and lifted Janey's chin gently so he could see her face. "So would you mind if I introduced my self to myself to my niece or nephew?" he asked gently.

Janey gave a soft self-conscious laugh and sat back, she reached down to smooth her nightie and dressing gown over the slight fullness where the baby was within her body.

James placed a gentle hand on his sister's stomach and smiled as he imagined he could feel a small replica of his sister hit at his hand in annoyance. "Hey you in there, this is your Uncle James. You stop giving your mum such a hard time okay. I'm her big brother and the only one who can hassle her," James said gently and looked at Janey's happy face. He leant forward and kissed Janey on the forehead before removing his hand from her stomach. "I'll go see what I can find out about these tests and then I'll come back here and you can tell me about Adam and why he thinks he can hang around." James said jiggling both eyebrows comically before getting to his feet and leaving the room.

Shortly after James left the room Adam returned carrying a cup of coffee for himself and a mug of chocolate milk for Janey. He handed her her drink before sitting in the seat beside the bed once again.

"Your brother didn't give you a hard time did he?" Adam asked worriedly.

"James never gives me a hard time," Janey said and took a mouthful of her drink. she peered at Adam over the rim of the mug before smiling and drinking the flavoured milk. "But I must say I think he's about to give you a tough time."

"What?" Adam asked with a frown.

"Well, we are together. And James is protective of Caro and me." Janey answered easily.

"James is nothing," Adam shrugged it off. "Rob is the police officer."

Janey looked at Adam for a few moments then looked away.

"Have you given any thought to what I said in the elevator about the fact that I am very serious about our relationship, serious enough that I want this to be our baby?" Adam asked softly.

Janey looked down into her empty mug wordlessly. As heartening as his words had been somehow they weren't quite what she had hoped to hear. "Can we just take things one step at a time? See how things go?" Janey found herself asking.

"Sure, whatever you want." Adam was quick to reassure her. He didn't want to pressure her or make her feel stressed; he figured she had enough to deal with at the moment.

For the first time ever there was an uncomfortable silence between them that stretched on for several minutes until James walked back into the room accompanied by the midwife who had checked the heartbeat of the baby earlier.

"Your brother here informs me you are quite worried Miss Wilkinson. I contacted your doctor and I am free to tell you that according to the tests so far, your baby is not in distress. Everything appears normal and there are no visible signs to account for the spotting you are experiencing. Unexplained spotting is quite common in pregnancies and although somewhat of a concern at the time it can occur without any threat to the forming foetus," She explained gently.

"My baby's fine?" Janey asked quickly.

"The tests have shown no cause for worry," The midwife said evenly.

Janey nodded with a smile and relaxed back onto the bed. She was clearly much happier and calmer.

"Well I must get back to my work. You rest and relax young lady. In a few months that baby of yours will make an appearance and shall keep you busy."

Janey watched the midwife leave the room before turning her attention to her brother and smiled gratefully at him. "Thanks, I feel ever so much better now."

"Good, that's what I intended," James said, "So have you told your boyfriend here I intend to kick his arse for not telling me you were in hospital?" James asked as he seated himself on the edge of the bed once more.

"You won't do that James, your leg is too short," Janey said with a laugh.

"Ssshhh," James said with a mock frown, "don't let him hear that. Someone has to keep him in line for you."

Adam watched James as he turned to face him. He realised with a start that he had underestimated Janey's brother and that James would be much fiercer in the defence of his sister then Robby would.

"So exactly what is going on between you two?" James asked Adam with a level look.

"Adam and I are seeing each other," Janey said trying to prevent any trouble.

"Let him speak for himself Janetta. I'd like to hear how a police officer on a case ends up seeing the victim of a brutal crime." James said quietly.

"It's alright Janey, " Adam said soothingly when she glanced towards him worriedly. He turned his full attention to her brother before he resumed speaking.

"Well for a start, when I realised that I was attracted to Janey and how strong it was I had myself taken off the case. I used going to the beach as an excuse to drop in and see how Janey was doing and when she came to Brisbane for counselling, fate stepped in. Rob ended up on night shift with no notice and Janey needed a place to stay while he worked."

"And you just happened to offer your bed," James said dryly.

"James! It wasn't like that!" Janey snapped. She blushed when her brother glanced at her but she lifted her chin and refused to look away. "When I realised Adam was as interested in me as I am in him, well... I came onto him." Janey said stressing the way it had been.

James glanced at Adam with a closed look.

"I have never treated your sister with anything but the uttermost respect," Adam said evenly.

"Good! Janey deserves to be treated like the lady she is," James growled in warning.

"James! Stop it!" Janey protested.

* * * * *

Ren stopped in the corridor hospital not far from Janey's room. He had been intending to just peek in and check if she was asleep, and if she was he meant to sit with her for a while. If she were awake he would play it by ear. But as he had neared the door he had heard male voices and had paused to listen when he realised they were coming from Janey's room.

He recognised the voice of her new boyfriend but not the other voice. He had worked out from what was being said the voice belonged to a brother of Janey's, but not the one who was the cop. And as far as he could tell from trying to follow the conversation the new boyfriend and Janey had only recently got together.

Ren turned away and started towards the front of the hospital. The conversation he had over heard just created a heap of questions for him. The first and foremost being just how pregnant was Janey? And had she gotten pregnant before Brad had implanted the contraceptive device?

Outside the hospital Ren sat on a bench in the shadows cast by a tree. He watched the activity on the street as people hurried along in their cars in the fading light. His mind was in turmoil as he thought about Sky. He stopped himself with a jerk. it wasn't Sky, her name was Janey and he had better remember to use it if he ever spoke to her in the future.

It was dark before Ren roused himself and headed towards the hotel where he, Brad and 'Tanaya were booked in for the next few days. His lawyer Graeme Walsh had contacted him just over an hour earlier and had informed him that the other bikers who had been charged in regards to what had happened to Janey were on their way to a Brisbane police station and would appear in court in a special sitting on Saturday morning.

Tonight was Thursday night and if Hawk got granted bail Ren intended to be on hand as a very non-friendly welcoming committee.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers
12