Ren - Shades of Grey Ch. 13 Extended

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers

He would not stand by and wait for security to arrive while his sister's life was endangered and probably ended.

Renford looked demented Robby thought as he raised the gun and fired; waited for a brief second and pulled the trigger sending the electric shock through him. He watched as Renford was instantly knocked to his knees and couldn't believe it as the bastard tried to get to his feet once again.

Fearing for his sisters' safety and that of everyone around Robby pulled the trigger a second time and held it until Renford fell to the floor unconscious.

'Where's . . . security?" Robby demanded breathlessly and took a painful breath.

* * * * *

The pungent odour of disinfectant was the first thing Janey became aware of. She opened her eyes reluctantly to see a white ceiling above her as she became aware of the weight of some kind of covering.

"Janey! You're awake, thank goodness," Marina said as she saw her daughter move.

"Where am I?" Janey asked huskily, her throat dry and rough. She turned her head to look at her mother and then tried to sit up when she saw the bottle of water on the unit next to the bed.

"You're at the hospital. You had an anxiety attack and passed out. The doctor has given you a mild sedative but you can go as soon as they've checked your blood pressure and pulse once you're awake." Marina said quietly as she handed Janey the bottled water.

Janey froze as she remembered the terror of hearing that Hawk had escaped, "Where's Robby and Adam?" she demanded worriedly.

"They're down at the police station," Marina said patting Janey's hand as she realised what was probably going through her mind, " but there's no reason to worry. They have caught the fellow that escaped and have him in custody once again." Marina tried to reassure her.

Janey's hands were shaking that badly that she had to pass the bottle of water to Marina to open.

Marina watched as Janey took a deep drink before looking around impatiently.

"Where's the doctor or nurses? I want to get out of here," Janey said anxiously.

"I'll just go and let them know you're awake." Marina said as she got up out of the chair she had been sitting in. She pushed aside the curtain that surrounded the bed and hurried off to find a nurse.

Janey moved into a sitting position and sat on the bed with her legs crossed in yoga position. Once again she felt the disconcerting sensation of something crawling beneath her skin and rubbed at her stomach unconsciously. She was drinking more water when her mother returned with both a nurse and a doctor.

The doctor took in the way she was rubbing her stomach absently as he approached, "Are you having pain?" he asked.

Janey looked at him blankly.

"You are rubbing your stomach. Are you in pain?" he asked again.

"Oh, nothing like that. I just keep feeling as if ants or something are crawling beneath my skin," Janey said startled.

The doctor moved to the side of the bed and reached out to lay the palm of his hand gently against Janey's lower abdomen, "The sensation is right here?"

"Yes," Janey began to worry when the doctor immediately knew where the sensation was.

"Ah, then you are feeling the first movements of your baby, that is good. The child is active. Now let me take your pulse while the nurse does your blood pressure," The doctor said in a bright cheerful voice.

Janey sat there startled, one hand covering the area where she had been feeling the sensation. She glanced towards her mother and saw the understanding smile on her face. "The baby! It's moving, I can feel it moving! It feels so real now!" Janey thought excitedly.

"All is good. Blood pressure and pulse normal. Now I understand your mother told you I am willing to let you go. Did she tell you that you have no reason to worry? The police shot the criminal and he died at the scene." The doctor said to her.

Janey looked at her mother stunned.

"I only knew he had been recaptured," Marina said equally startled.

Janey sat there not sure what to think or feel. She felt no sorrow Hawk was dead only relief that he would not be coming after her nor would she have to face him in court. A tiny part of her felt joy he had died for surely he had only gotten what he so rightly deserved. Suddenly Janey felt guilt for the fact she held no sorrow and she hung her head with shame.

"You may go now, but I must insist on your resting for the remainder of the day. And here is a telephone number for if you feel you need to talk to someone about your experience. What you have experienced is very traumatic," The doctor said.

Janey glanced at him and felt she was seeing him clearly for the first time. He was only about in his late twenties and perhaps of Philippines nationality. Numbly Janey took the card he held out to her and let the nurse help her to stand on the floor. She followed her mother from the curtained off area of the Emergency room where she had been and out into the waiting room.

Jim rose from the seat he had been occupying and hurried forward when his wife and daughter came out into the waiting room.

"James and Caro have gone back to our hotel. James got a phone call, court has been adjourned until morning." He told them. "Janey, you will come with us for now. Adam can come around to see you later."

Janey was relieved to have her father take control. It was so much easier than deciding what she was to do herself. She followed her parents from the hospital to find the day outside a mild sunny afternoon; the ride back to where her parents where staying was short and once onside Janey was only too happy to lay down and curl up on a bed.

Marina soon got some sandwiches for Janey, which she bought to her on a small tray and sat it on the bed along side of her.

"You need to eat to keep your strength up for yourself and the baby." Marina said gently.

Janey rolled over to face her mother. She didn't have the strength to argue so she reached for a piece of sandwich and nibbled on it. Her mother sat by her until she had eaten half of the food, and when Marina saw Janey's eyelids grow heavy she pulled a light blanket over her daughter and left taking the unfinished food with her.

Janey was still asleep when Robby and Adam returned to the hotel. Adam immediately went to check on Janey despite her mothers' protests that she was sleeping and best left be. He didn't wake her just stood inside the doorway for a few moments watching her sleep before going back to the room where the others were.

"Janey still asleep?" James asked quietly.

"Yeah," Adam answered distractedly.

"Well it may be just as well, she'll probably just get upset when she hears that that bastard Renford has been locked up for trying to get to her at the hospital." Robby said annoyed.

"Why would she be upset? I'd have thought she would feel relieved that he was behind bars," Jim said confused.

"Apparently him and his mate have been trying to convince Janey they are her friends and never meant her any harm," James said tightly.

"Surely Janey isn't falling for that clap trap!" Jim exclaimed his voice rising angrily.

Marina glanced towards the room where Janey was sleeping, deciding to shut the door to minimise the chances of her being woken by the conversation Marina walked to the door to shut it.

"Mum?" Janey's voice was husky with sleep.

"Go back to sleep Janey," Marina soothed gently before easing the door closed.

"Don't lock me in!" Janey cried out in fright as she climbed out off the bed hurriedly and rushed to the door pulling it open even as Marina went to open it slightly.

"Hey Janey, feeling better?" Adam asked as he walked over to her to put his arm around her shoulders.

Janey tensed beneath his touch for a few moments then began to relax.

"Want to come sit down?" Adam asked even as he guided her towards a chair.

Janey sat down knowing it was useless to protest, especially as both her brothers were there as well. "For some reason they seemed to think I'm too delicate to do anything as hard as stand for a few minutes." Janey though with annoyance.

"You don't have to worry about that fellow who turned up at the hospital. He's been locked up." Jim told his daughter believing she would be relieved to hear it.

Janey looked at her two brothers and Adam, as a sinking feeling began in her stomach, surely not.... "Who does Dad mean?" Janey asked uneasily.

"Renford tried to get in to see you," Adam said gently. He saw a flicker of something deep within her eyes before she turned her head away. Had it been pain?

Janey looked away and stared into the corner for a few seconds before glancing back at Adam reluctantly and giving a slight nod. "Okay," was all she said, she was learning that some things she could not fight.

"Has anyone told you what happened to Hawkings?" Adam asked gently.

Janey nodded, was silent for a few seconds and then said, "The doctor explained I was safe."

"What do you want to do this afternoon? Spend time with your family?" Adam asked softly.

"Can we go see a movie or something? I don't want to be cooped up," Janey said suddenly surprising herself.

"Ahhh, sure. Which movie do you want to see?" Adam asked surprised.

"What movies are on?" Janey asked

"I think we got a local newspaper laying around here somewhere. It might have that in it," James said as he glanced around looking for the paper. A short search found the paper and showed that it did indeed have movie listings for the local cinema in it. Janey chose a picture she had actually been wanting to see and hoped it would occupy her mind.

Marina picked up her purse and when Jim looked at her she walked to her husband's side and pressed a light kiss to his cheek, "I'm going out for a while, there's something I want to do."

Marina walked out the door of the hotel and made her way to where the car was parked, she hesitated a moment before turning from the car. It was only a short walk where she wanted to go and she decided that the air might hopefully clear her head and help her decide what she was going to say when she got there.

A few minutes later she paused outside the door of the police station before pushing it open and walking inside.

At the front desk she recognised the lawyer that had been present at the police station in Byron Bay, with him was one of the men who would be facing court as well as an unusually beautiful woman who looked like an exotic mixture of Asian and perhaps Hawaiian as well as white blood.

"May I help you Ma'am?" A female officer said as she stepped up to the long desk.

"I'd like to see Mr Gabriel Renford please," Marina said.

"I'm sorry but Mr Renford is giving the officers with him a lot of trouble at the moment and he won't be receiving any visitors," the female officer firmly.

"Please, I believe if I have a few words with him he would calm down and co-operate," Marina said with a glance towards the lawyer who had turned to face her.

"You're Mrs Wilkinson aren't you, Janetta Wilkinson's mother," The lawyer said with certainty as he took a step towards her.

"Yes I am," Marina confirmed.

"How is your daughter? I believe if I can convey this to Mr Renford he'll calm down." Graeme said hopefully.

"That's why I'm here. I saw the way he looked at Janey at Byron Bay and when I heard what was happening at the hospital earlier while I was in with Janey, I knew he needed to know she is okay." Marina said with confidence. She heard the sigh of relief from the large man with the lawyer and knew she had been right; these people did care about her daughter, maybe as much as she seemed to care about them.

* * * * *

Ren looked up in anger as he heard the door of the interview room open. They had him chained down with handcuffs and restraints like a dog and no one would tell him how Sky was no matter how much he demanded to know.

He felt sure he was hallucinating as he saw her mother walk into the room followed by two officers. He pulled against the handcuffs and restraints that held his arms to the table in front of him before kicking the legs of the table in frustration.

"Why won't someone tell me how Sky is?" Ren yelled in anger.

"Janey is okay, she will be fine." Marina said in a gentle voice. She watched as relief flooded his face.

"Hawk hasn't hurt her has he?" Ren asked desperately.

"Janey is fine, badly scared and shaken but fine." Marina answered him.

She watched as he closed his eyes and nodded wordlessly. Slowly he opened his eyes and Marina saw the horror and pain in them.

"I was afraid she was gone, afraid I had completely lost her," Ren said, his voice tight and husky.

"You have lost her completely, you did when she managed to get away and find her way home!" one of the officers broke in.

"I let her go! I sent her home! It was what she wanted, what she needed! She might not have been with me but I knew she was safe and happy and THAT WAS ALL I WANTED YOU DUMB FUCK!" Ren yelled at the officer as he struggled against the restraints once again.

Marina found herself ushered from the room as the police officer apologised profusely. She allowed herself to be guided from the room. It was obvious to her that Gabriel Renford had needed to know that Janey was okay.

* * * * *

It was well after dark before Ren was put in a small overnight holding cell. He looked through the bars at Jake where he lay on a bunk in a cell opposite. The officer who had finally released him from the restraints when he had finally calmed down had told him of Hawks death. Ren had also been told that Jake had not been informed of it as yet as he had been talking with a lawyer.

"Hey Jake! You awake man?" Ren called across the narrow corridor. He saw Jake stir and lift his head to look around. "Hey Jake, over here."

"That you Ren?" Jake asked as he sat on the edge of the bunk.

"Yeah, it's me," Ren confirmed.

"Hell man, what are you doing in here?" Jake asked as he got to his feet and approached the door across from Ren.

"Coolin' my heel," Ren said quietly. He took a deep breath and looked down at the floor of the corridor between them as he tried to think of how he was going to tell Jake what he had to tell him.

Jake watched as Ren raised his head to look him in the face, he had a very solemn expression and seemed pained as he opened his mouth to speak.

"I know they haven't told you yet but I think you need to know. Hawk got out of here ..." Ren started.

"Yeah I know, stupid bastard hit a cop and grabbed his gun. Obviously they haven't caught him yet, they haven't bought him back." Jake said uneasily.

"... They won't be bringing him back, the stupid idiot apparently started shooting and they shot him. He died." Ren said quietly. He had never had a problem with Jake, had always gotten along with him.

"The fucking idiot! I told him it would happen!" Jake swore as he turned away, tears blurring his vision. He went still as he remembered Hawk saying he was going after Sky.

"He didn't hurt Sky did he?" Jake asked tightly.

"No mate, apparently she's okay," Ren said quietly.

He watched as Jake walked to the far wall of the cell and sat down on the bunk, placed his elbows on his knees and buried his face in his hands.

Ren turned and went to the bunk he would be using for the night; across the corridor he could hear faint sounds of crying.

* * * * *

The clouds had parted to allow the weak morning sun to shine even though no warmth came with the light. Shadows danced on the path as Janey walked up towards the steps to the courthouse with her parents. She darted a nervous glance around and spotted Brad standing with Brent and Matty in a patch of sunlight near the courthouse veranda. She couldn't help noting even with the one quick glance that they seemed subdued. "Was it Hawks' death? Or was it the fact that Ren was now in jail?"

Janey paused at the bottom of the steps before taking a deep breath and starting up them. 'Tanaya came around the side of the building carrying two cans of coke presumably from the vending machine around the one side of the building. 'Tanaya gave her filthy look as she passed.

"Bitch!"

Janey almost missed the next step as she heard the hissed word. She halted for a moment with the vague thought of turning to face the other woman but her father caught her by the elbow and urged her forward.

"What was that about?" Marina asked as she glanced behind her with a confused frown.

Janey remained silent as she reached the top of the steps. A guard on the door let them in and they were directed into the courtroom.

Nerves twisted in Janey's stomach and she felt the faint sensation of her child moving as she sat down behind the police prosecutor. He turned around to look at her and looked over his glasses at her.

"After yesterday's events the Judge has decided it would be best if the rest of the proceedings be held in a closed court which means no public are allowed in. Your parents will be allowed in though." The officer said, "Your siblings and boyfriend aren't allowed in. I'm sorry."

He seemed anything but sorry Janey thought as he turned back towards the front of the courtroom. There was the usual movement as the Judge was ushered into the courtroom and seated himself; he shuffled through his papers looking at them before lifting his gaze to those before him.

There was a brief pause and Janey watched as Jake and Ren were led into the room; she couldn't help noticing they both looked subdued. There was noise behind her in the back of the room and she looked over her shoulder to see Brad, Brent and Matty being let into the courtroom. She watched as all five men were directed into seats behind the defending attorney's desk. She noted that the lawyer who had been with the police prosecutor previously was now with Brad and Ren.

The Judge raised his head slowly and studied the five men in front of him; the lawyer who had been with Jake all along got to his feet and cleared his throat.

"Your Honour, my client Mr Jacob Lantry wishes to change his plea your Honour. He wishes to plead guilty to all charges."

Janey looked at Jake startled. She felt a hand squeeze her shoulder from behind and knew her parents were offering her their support.

"So I see," The Judge commented as he looked over a paper in front of him, "I also see that yesterday when your former co-defendant escaped custody you had the chance to escape as well but chose to remain in your cell and alert police to what he intended to do." The Judge fell silent as he looked at Jake.

His lawyer nudged Jake to his feet and he nodded to the Judge, "Yes Your Honour. I felt it was best I take my punishment. I'm guilty of what I am charged with," Jake said solemnly, "what I done was wrong, I knew it at the time but I done it anyway. The best I can do is own up to my actions and take the consequences like a man."

The Judge frowned as he looked down at the paper once more. "Abduction, several counts of rape, assault with intent to do harm, unlawful imprisonment, depravation of freedom. These are serious crimes; until your companion escaped yesterday you seemed to have no remorse for what you had done. And yet even before he was surrounded you were giving police your statement of what had been done to the victim ... I'm afraid it is too little too late for my likings. I sentence you to fifteen years jail with a non-parole period of five years."

Janey watched as Jake stood there motionless. Part of her wanted to protest that it had been Hawk who was the main instigator but another part kept reminding her that Jake had held her down so that Hawk could have his way with her that first night.

The Judge turned his attention to the other four men who sat in their seats, "Andrew John Matthews and Steven Brent Winters." He said as he read from another sheet of paper.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,329 Followers