Return To Sable Island

Story Info
Again the island provides, but things get complicated.
49.8k words
4.88
41.8k
32
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Philip Johnson

Prologue

I won't say it's essential that you read Sable Island first but if you don't I'm not sure you'll ever be able to fully get into this story. And for me to try to give you a quick thumbnail idea of the first book would take me at least a couple of chapters and still the flavor of Sable Island would almost certainly suffer. I've received many very flattering e-mails and comments and a number of those have asked me to write this. So it is with some trepidation that I have undertaken this story fearing that I will disappoint those that have been so effusive in their compliments. Do as you must but either way I hope you enjoy reading Return To Sable Island.

Philip Johnson, a.k.a. thornapple.

Chapter One

It was a cold, rainy and blustery day with clouds so thick that it was almost dark outside. "God Joe this weather is depressing. I'd give anything to be back on Sable Island again."

"Marcie if I thought there was a way we could get away I'd be ready to go tomorrow but it's only been three months since we were there with Charlie and Gail."

"I know, but it seems so long ago."

"Honey we're still trying to work through our island problem anyway so going back there right now could be a big mistake."

"I know, I talked to Gail earlier and she and Charlie had a bit of an argument yesterday."

"About who loves whom the most?"

"Not this time. It was about something to do with getting a new car I guess."

"That's not worth arguing over."

"Honey it isn't about the car."

"But you just said..."

"I know what I said but that's not it. Both of them are taking their frustrations out on each other and they used the car issue to argue about instead of about Gail loving you, or Charlie loving me."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Because you and I do the same thing."

"We do not." Marcie just looked at him and walked away. Then under his breath he said, "Well we don't."

The four of them had come home from Sinclair Retreat on Sable Island very confused about who they loved the most. Gail had said early on that she was afraid that there were going to be problems almost from the beginning but she still was consumed by Joe just as Marcie was consumed by Gail's husband Charlie. Joe and Charlie were faring no better. Charlie loved Marcie and that was fine except he couldn't keep that issue in perspective. They were four very confused and fragile adults.

Joe found Marcie and asked, "Were we getting together with Charlie and Gail this evening?"

"Nothing was planned, did you want to?"

"I think we need to talk about this again."

"Honey the four of us have talked about this before."

"I know but we didn't solve anything or even reach any conclusions or agreements on what to do about it."

"So what's different now?"

"I want to talk about swapping."

"Joe what are you talking about? Do you want a divorce?"

"No of course not honey, I love you. I don't mean permanently."

"Maybe you and I better talk about this first. Just what are you thinking?"

"Swap for a weekend or something like that."

"You just want to be with Gail."

"Now damn it Marcie stop that. Okay, so I do want to see Gail but what I really hope will happen is we'll get some of that out of our system so we can settle down. This isn't an option, we have to do something. I don't think any of us are thinking very clearly or realistically right now...or for the last two months for that matter."

"I keep trying to tell myself that I wish we'd never seen that island but I love it there so much."

"We all do but if we don't resolve our problem we'll never be able to go back there."

"And you think swapping will solve our problem? I have to wonder if it wouldn't make it worse."

"I think after swapping and we experience the reality of day to day life it will take a little of the fire out of our problem."

"But you and I live a day to day life and until that second trip to the island we couldn't have been much happier."

"I think that the love that I feel for Gail is different in some way, just as your love for Charlie is different. Both are strong emotions but not the same as the love we feel for each other."

"If we do swap it's going to be a big gamble."

"Do you want to go on like we are now, confused, touchy and quick to argue?"

"No that won't work and we both know it. Okay but I better call Gail and see how she and Charlie are doing. They might not be in a frame of mind for visiting us."

"Okay just let me know." It was less than two hours later when Gail and Charlie appeared at their doorstep. The decision about swapping took no more than ten minutes and half an hour later the details had been worked out. The guys would swap so that meant that Joe would live with Gail at her house and Charlie would join Marcie and it would take place over the coming long four day Thanksgiving holiday.

Just to show how confused they were Marcie cried and told Joe she loved him just before he picked up his suitcase and moved in with Gail to celebrate Thanksgiving. It was the same with Gail and Charlie as she cried and kissed Charlie before he left for Marcie's. Then an hour later the two newly formed couples were in bed and making love having forgotten that not long ago they were weeping for their spouses. In fact none of them spent a lot of time out of bed that day.

It wasn't possible to keep up that pace so Friday was a day of rest and reflection as the two couples talked about their experiences on the island. Marcie had already told Joe how much she loved the island and wanted to go back and Gail told him much the same. "Joe honey I know it's crazy but I really wish we could be back there."

"Even though the four of us are so messed up now?"

"I have to think we can work this out and I think what we're doing now will help us."

"It has to Gail because I want the four of us to be able to go back to the island again and have a great time."

By Sunday afternoon the foursome was ready to swap back to their spouses. Each proclaimed their love for their temporary spouse but each was ready to go home. Their dangerous experiment had worked, at least for the most part. They all loved one another very much but now they knew what they wanted and needed. Marcie and Joe went to bed but spent most of their time kissing and talking before making love but Gail and Charlie's priorities were just the reverse.

Chapter Two

The next two months went by more or less uneventfully. There was no swapping but just like Joe and Gail, Marcie and Charlie used about every chance to touch or kiss or tease each other. They were finding that delicate balance that allowed them to enjoy what was becoming their chosen lifestyle.

Just when things had settled down for them their lives were thrown into turmoil again on February tenth. Each couple got an envelope from Sable Island with a letter from Ki. Marcie smiled as she looked at the envelope but she waited until Joe got home and they were settled on the sofa with iced tea. They leaned back and Marcie opened and read Ki's letter. It was a form letter but Ki or somebody had given it that personal touch.

"Joe and Marcie, I hope this letter finds you both well and happy. I'm writing to inform you that we have been updating the cottages and have added a few new touches to our resort. Greg Paulson has taken over as manager of Sinclair Retreat and is working on the new name and I've been moved over to manage Sable Island Resort. I also want to tell you that we have initiated a limited time offer for a week of sun, fun and sand. As you probably remember the standard rate is four hundred and fifty dollars a day, amenities not included. But for our most faithful customers we're cutting that back to two thousand dollars for seven days, which is the same rate as for the Retreat and for this special event only this includes meals. The availability is very limited to couples that receive this mailing and can only be guaranteed for reservations received in the next two weeks and for the month of March only." Marcie looked at Joe with a pleading smile and asked, "We can can't we honey?"

"We can but we have to talk about it first so don't get too excited until then okay?"

"Why do you suppose they are doing this?"

"My guess is that with the economy being a little shaky their normal rate is just a little too salty for a lot of people right now."

"I have to call Gail and see if they got this letter too." It was only a few minutes later when Marcie rejoined Joe and she was all smiles.

"I take it they got the same letter."

"Yes they did and she's almost giddy."

"Then for sure the four of us have to talk before any decisions are made."

Marcie smiled and told him, "I know and that's why they're on their way over." Joe kissed his wife's cheek and reminded her that he loved her.

As soon as they came in, Gail kissed Marcie's cheek and then embraced Joe. "Hi lover."

He kissed her and said, "Hi sexy, doing okay?"

"I'll let you know after we've talked about this new development."

The four of them settled in the living room and as Joe looked across at Gail sitting on the couch next to Charlie he smiled at her. "Okay Joe, what are you thinking?"

"I was just remembering that time I looked over at you and saw your panties for the first time. What an incredible day that was."

"I'll never be able to describe what I was thinking or feeling that time. I was a jumble of nerves and at the same time I wanted you so much." Charlie admitted, "I wasn't doing any better honey, Marcie was teasing me and had me almost drooling on myself. Okay before the four of us end up making love on the floor what are we going to do about returning to Sable Island?"

"We're going," Marcie offered.

"I hope so but we all know it isn't that simple. Are we playing with a fire that's going to burn us?"

I think we've all come to terms with our emotional crisis and know our emotions a whole lot better."

Joe added, "But we all know how emotions are so magnified on the island. We don't know for sure how it would be the next time. Everything has changed for us, or at least it would seem so."

"Exactly. We've changed for the better. I know that I still love Charlie very much but I no longer fear that feeling and I think it's the same for all of us now."

Gail added her opinion saying, "I agree with Marcie. I think we've worked through all of that and we're ready to share a new adventure."

Then Joe reminded them, "Just keep in mind that if we go we're taking a big chance. We all think we know how it will be and that we can take it in stride. But think what the price will be if we're wrong."

"Joe you scare me."

"Good."

"But I still want to go."

"Marcie?"

"The sooner the better."

"Charlie?"

"I'm with Marcie on this, the sooner the better."

"Then we go. Now when does this happen? I suggest late in the month so we'll have time to think about this and not say later that we needed more time to consider the risks."

Marcie agreed and Gail and Charlie said, "Okay so say the last week in March if it's still available." Marcie was on the phone within a minute. "Joe has she memorized the number for the resort?"

"It would seem she has." The three of them listened to her side of the conversation and Marcie held out her hand to Joe and motioned for his credit card.

Then they heard, "Yes cottages twelve and thirteen if they're available."

There was a pause and then Marcie smiled at the three of them as she said, "Yes, wonderful," and she finished the transaction before hanging up. "I can hardly believe this, we're booked for the island again. God it's going to be hard to wait through the next four or five weeks, but Gail we have to do some shopping."

"Oh no, I'm saving my shopping for that place where you and Joe bought all of those nice things for Charlie and me."

After Charlie and Gail left Joe said, "The first time we went to the island we were overwhelmed by the newness of it and by the excitement and fast and profound changes in us. When we went with Charlie, Gail and Meredith we were still in awe of the islands influence and again overwhelmed but by what we shared with Gail and Charlie. The next time we go could be a bit of a let down once we get used to being naked on the beach again."

"I can't imagine being let down while on this island, but you make a good point. If we just spend the week going naked on the beach we'll likely get bored after about the second or third day. You going to golf again?"

"No."

"No more mixed doubles to enjoy?"

"I wouldn't want to get my hopes up again because that lightening won't strike again in the same place."

"So you do think that lightening might strike someplace else."

"We both know the island is full of surprises."

"So your fear of a let down has no merit."

"Okay maybe you're right. I'm just trying to anticipate what might happen."

"That's like trying to see where we'll be twenty years from now."

"True enough."

Chapter Three

For the next couple of weeks the island frequently came up in conversation but that stopped until the middle of March. With only ten days until their trip hardly a sentence was spoken that didn't have something to do with the island or their vacation in general. By the twenty third they were all getting so antsy they were driving each other crazy and by the time they were boarded for their flight to St. Croix they were acting like teenagers and in need of tranquilizers.

As they flew toward their destination Marcie thought about their stay at Sable Island Resort. It was going to be a new experience for Gail and Charlie. They had sampled the island magic at the retreat but the resort had a whole different feel to it and it was more posh in almost every way. Also Joe and Marcie were eager to show them the isolated beach if they could get there without the help of Ki. Then it dawned on Marcie. How did Liz, Jorge, Mary and Ken get there if they didn't have a houseboy to drive them there? That told her there had to be another way to get to that beach. Another one of Ki's tricks maybe?

Charlie and Gail saw the man from the launch holding up the sign with their names on it and they loved that. The ride to the island on the launch was very enjoyable and they all loved the banter and jokes that their driver shared with them. There were two other couples on the launch with them but they pretty much talked back and forth between themselves. They left their luggage on the boat and went up to sign in while their bags were transported to their cottages or rooms. While Joe and Charlie went to the desk Marcie and Gail were approached by one of the women that had been on the launch. "You are staying here at the inn aren't you?"

"No we prefer the cottages."

"Whatever for, you have to go so far for your meals and drinks and you miss out on sitting out on the veranda and visiting with the other guests."

Marcie and Gail just smiled and Gail said, "We enjoy the ambiance at the cottages. Besides we all like to stay naked and screw on the beach." The woman got a horrified look on her face then and moved away from them as Marcie tried to keep from laughing as she looked at Gail.

When the guys rejoined them Charlie said, "We've rented an electric car for the week."

Joe added, "They now provide maps of the island to go with the car, a cooler in the back of the car and we also have beach towels and blankets waiting for us at the cottage." The four of them headed outside to their electric car with smiles on their faces. There was an employee named Samuel waiting for them and he showed them the simple controls of the car and though Joe and Marcie already knew, told them how to get to their cottages and sent them on their way with Joe behind the wheel.

When they pulled up in front of number twelve they all jumped out and Charlie just stood there staring toward the ocean. "So this is where you and Meredith ran into each other."

Joe pointed straight ahead and said, "Right where our walk ends. She came down that little hill on the sidewalk out of control and slammed into me knocking us into the sand."

"Gee Joe, what an awful thing to have happen."

"Yeah it was just terrible when her bikini broke."

"I'll just bet it was."

Marcie went one better and pointing to the lounges on the beach told Gail, "And that's where Ian and I kissed for the first time and I was almost naked." They all smiled and each couple went to their cottage to freshen up and unpack before meeting to decide their course of action.

When Marcie and Joe went in they looked around and she said, "It's almost like coming home."

"It really is. They've painted and fixed it up with new curtains and so forth but it feels the same." Then as they checked the bedroom she smiled as she looked at the closet and he asked, "You thinking about seducing another unsuspecting guy?"

She smiled and said, "No, just remembering that day. Of course we have a week so who knows what will happen."

"It's a safe bet that something will happen."

"I'm still about half surprised that you didn't call Meredith and Ian to see if they were coming."

"I thought about it, but since we've not heard from either of them for quite awhile I think they've found different music to dance to. Besides don't you think a foursome is about right?"

"For the most part I agree but I really did like Meredith."

"Oh I did too."

"So did you get jealous over Ian being with her?"

He smiled and admitted, "Yeah I did a little bit for awhile."

They washed up and changed and found Charlie and Gail standing outside checking out the view. Gail told Joe, "You just missed something. Two couples and the women were something to see. Nearly naked and with bodies that I know you would have had fantasies over."

"Maybe we'll see them again. After all it is a small island." Then making a show of studying Gail in her bikini he said, "Besides I have you to stare at love."

Charlie abandoned his view of the ocean and the beach and said, "I'm almost ready for dinner. How about just walking down the beach a little ways and then back to have dinner." They made their way to the beach and just stood there with their feet just in the water and took in the tropical setting. Palm trees, soft cream colored sand, tiny lapping waves bathing their ankles and warm sweet air wafting past them. The only sounds they heard were from the water and a barely audible conversation coming from a couple well down the beach toward the resort main building.

Marcie was looking around and said, "God no matter where I look it reminds me of something that happened when we were here the last time. It's just amazing how much we experienced."

"Give us some examples," Gail pleaded.

"Looking at that chaise lounge it reminds me of when Joe, Meredith and I put our suits under there and walked for miles totally naked that night. Looking down the beach I remember the first time that I was naked and in near panic when somebody saw me like that. I remember feeling Joe's hands on me as we walked and...just so many things like that. Oh and I remember filling our suits with sand and pitching them far out into the water."

Joe laughed at that and added, "And my suit was perfectly okay." Then another couple walked past them talking in near whispers and Joe and Charlie checked out her nearly naked butt as they went on down the beach.

Charlie just smiled and said, "Damn I love this place."

Gail smiled and turned him around and the four of them went back to their cottages and the women put on their bikini skirts as the guys put on shirts before driving up to the restaurant. They went in and were just seated and had drinks served when Ki appeared. He bent down and kissed both Marcie and Gail and said, "I'm so glad to see all of you again, thank you for coming."