Review: The Reunion

Story Info
The fifth book in the series by Laura Antoniou.
760 words
5
17.2k
00

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 05/03/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lindiana
lindiana
155 Followers

The fifth, and currently last, book inThe Marketplace Series by author Laura Antoniou is titledThe Reunion and that is exactly what it is a slave reunion. In this novel, which may be the most entertaining book of the series, we, the readers, are treated to a reunion being held at the stately and historic Kaleigh Castle in Ireland that includes slaves and only slaves, no trainers and no spotters allowed.

Back once more is the popular Chris Parker, who is making a return trip to Kaleigh. We discover that this is no ordinary hotel; rather it is a training ground for Marketplace slaves where employed workers and slaves in training work side by side for the company. It is here at Kaleigh that Chris received some of his well remembered training as a slave. It brings back fond recollections for him to return to such a well loved place at this point in his life.

Also on hand is Robin Cassady whose relationship with her Mistress has ended. Rather than go thru another sale, she decides to take a break from the marketplace and is advised by Anderson, who now handles her that it might be a good time for her to go to a reunion. These slave reunions are held quite regularly at Marketplace resorts and Robin picks Ireland as a whim. (There are reunions for singles and for families; this particular reunion is a family reunion.) Ironically, so does Chris Parker who is using the reunion not only as a break from his service in Japan but also as a means to try to convince/beguile/charm into training a very popular slave training couple from England, the Earl of Southerby and his American bride. They are a peculiar couple and add a much needed breath of fresh air to the series.

Along for the ride is an obnoxious paparazzi who is determined to reveal the secrets of the Marketplace in print. His name is Nigel Pepper and he is a scoundrel of the lowest denominator.

Also along for the story are two entertaining characters from within the hotel staff. First we have Kapil Azziz, a man with one foot inside and one outside the Marketplace, and the lovely Nicole MacKensie, a slave in training at Kaleigh.

Then attending the reunion is a whole slew of people you will get to know quite well. First we will cover the married couple, Richard and Lisa Nelson. Richard is the former slave and Lisa helps him run a newsletter for those re-entering the normal world. They have brought along their two children on the trip, Amy and Todd, and the family is rounded out with the children's adopted uncles, Al and Lloyd. Lloyd is a former slave who is now permanently attached to his partner, Al.

Next we have Carol, a middle-aged former slave who is getting a bit round in the middle who is debating her next move in life, very much like Robin. Also the entertaining Tequila Gold, a female African-American slave, former cop, who is owned by a famous singer and works as her bodyguard.

Billy Ray Clemm is the hick southern boy whose specialization in the Marketplace is prime buzz for the reunion. Chandra is the pleasure slave, and surely a pleasure she is, perfectly coiffed and dressed at all times, regal and divine.

This story is a well needed diversion from the rest of the series. It involves a very entertaining and intriguing mystery as someone is helping Nigel Pepper get dirt on the Marketplace. Eventually, the truth always comes out.

There is the usual amount of sex, including the much anticipated Chris Parker/Robin Cassady coupling that is long overdue. Then she gets involved in a flirtation with the Earl. Oh no, the reader groans. Don't blow it, Robin.

The few children included are a joy to have involved and poor little Amy gets quite a lot of print after bonding with Chris over horse rides and then becoming, unknowingly, the snitch for Nigel Pepper.

The Reunion itself is fun and the characters very entertaining. Each of them has their own personality and it is a joy to get to know each and every one of them.

There is mention of a sixth book in the series,The Inheritor, that was to be published in 2003 but as it is now 2005 and no sign of such a book therefore it appearsThe Reunion may well be the end of the series. Do not fret, dear reader, as it is a very satisfying one.

lindiana
lindiana
155 Followers