Riding On the Edge of the Storm

Story Info
A woman envisions her lost love in the midst of a storm.
1.6k words
4.33
12.1k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Flowing cotton as thin as a vapor flips in the breeze. Her slight form clothed in the softness, two long slits run up each side of her skirt to expose her bare thighs as the fabric whips between her legs. Bare feet propel her up and comfortably astride the sleek back of her mare. The flowing breeze causes her blouse to settle open. The creaminess of her skin variegates into the white flowing cotton. The gentle crevice between the valley of her breasts is exposed. The look of innocence clouds her form. Her golden brown tresses idly flow where the faint wind carries them. She sits upon her black Appaloosa, firmly tucking in her thighs to feel the strength pulsing beneath her. Her ivory skin clutches the ebony form of her mare. Amber eyes flashing to match the darkness of the beautiful beast that she calls Midnight.

Curling her hands into the flowing strands of her mares dark silky mane, her thoughts run free as she gazes into the horizon. Murmuring softly into Midnight’s ear as she leans down along the smooth length of the her neck. Ears flick back as her soft words ease into the mare’s consciousness, “Midnight, perhaps tonight we will find him.” she whispers. Her quiet words speak of her love lost in time. A tiny hand gently glides over the forelock and between the mare’s ears. Caressing the white blaze running between Midnight’s eyes and down to her muzzle.

A strong hoof paws at the ancient earth. Swirling a dry golden dust between Midnight’s tapered legs in the wake of her stomping. Her whinnying reply swift and urgent, captures a stolen moment in time. She gauges her heart. Knowing that his hands once touched this glorious beast. A twinge of pain makes it’s presence known. The sun catches the white spotted rump of the mare as she turns sideways in a gentle prance. The light gleaming upon the sleek coat that shimmers with dark intensity. Her mare’s lengthy tail twists and dances among the dense air. The essence of slim fingers grasping for reality comes to mind.

Sighing softly she catches her breath. The sight of ice crystals flowing from the clouds, refracts with the sunlight to cast a breathtaking halo around the sun. The fiery orb soon to be overtaken by the vitality of the drifting gray clouds. Her warm eyes fill with the wonder of the approaching storm as the silvery gray clouds pierce her heart. Just as his gray eyes once pierced her soul. A soft cry escapes her as she buries her cheek against the crest of Midnight. The extreme and sudden pain in her chest filling her with the need to run into the impending storm. She aches to free herself from the devil’s grip. A silent tear courses down her cheek as she slowly rises, pulling her chest back, her amber eyes rock hard with determination.

Taking in a long and shuddering breath, she fills her senses with what the night has to offer. She can smell him in the cool breeze before the rain. Wanting nothing more than to lose herself in the masculine scent that was his. Her flushed skin cools with his tender touch as she prods Midnight forth. Aching for him, not accepting the knowledge that God has taken him home. Her eyes gently close; a diffusion of loss gently pushed into her depths. She will continue her search for him. A rider of the night, racing against reality to embrace her hallucination. Moaning softly as the wind increases, she feels him pull her hair between his fingers in a sweet caress. Midnight’s nostrils flaring as she steps lightly, her eyes growing wide with insight. He is near.

A soft rumble effuses with the wind as the thunder greets her. Slowly she raises her dark lashes, revealing the stormy visualization in her imagination. Her eyes mirroring the feathery and detached clouds moving with the grace of a mare’s tail. Floating within the sky, the wisps and tails of the clouds tease the dry earth with the rain that evaporates before reaching the parched surface. Just as his hand once reached out to tease her spirit. One sure hoof after another grips the butte as Midnight carries her closer to the edge. The phantom rain passes between the rock walls. Hiding among the warm stone. She slowly leads her mare along the path her heart insists she travel.

The eye of the storm calls her by name, pulling her forth in it’s aromatic grasp. She can hear him in the echo of the thunder as it rumbles against the darkening sky. His deep resounding voice killing her softly as she recalls the words he spoke to her alone. Pulling Midnight’s mane between her slender fingers she leans down and whispers in her ear. Quickly turning from the edge and forging a trail into obscurity. Gentle drops of warm rain kiss her skin, their softness as sweet and tender as his lips had once felt. She jerks Midnight’s mane back, forcing her pounding hooves to an abrupt stop. Her feminine voice raised to halt the energetic beast. Absorbing the sweet scent of the rain as she tilts her head to the sky. Curling tendrils whip around her face and neck as the wind rises. She has set her heart, her mind is oblivious to all but the deep feeling that he is close.

Her amber eyes carry the reflection of the craning branches of lightening as they snake along in a horizontal assault of flashing light. The phantom light disappearing as quickly as it emerges. Leaving a ghost of purple light in it’s wake. She rises from Midnight’s back, her supple form tensing as she pulls her muscles taunt. Grasping Midnight tightly, her energy flows into the mare. She speaks in soft quiet tones as she turns the mare toward the edge of the butte. “He will hold me tonight. He will guide me. He will touch me once again.” Midnight’s front hooves dance in the air as she whinnies and rears back, her eyes wild. Heartfelt cries spur Midnight into a frenzied gallop as she digs her heels into the mares sides. Leaning into Midnight, their bodies forming one smooth vessel as they race toward the edge of the butte. Fiery amber eyes match the fire burning in her heart as the exhilaration courses through her body.

Thunder vibrates the atmosphere as he urges her to come to him, to be with him, to ride with him in the night sky. Midnight’s breath expels in deep torrents, her own breath lost in the tumultuous ride. The rain wets her clothing as it coats the earth in sweet submission. The pounding of Midnight’s hooves pulling up the earth in clumps that fly back upon their freedom. Feeling him closer, his strength reverberates in the stormy abyss. She gasps as Midnight reaches the edge of the butte. Her mind set as she digs her heels into the mare, clutching her tightly.

Midnight’s sleek form leaps from the butte, flying through the air with grace. A crack of lightening illuminates the silhouette. Her body arched back in sweet abandon as she gives herself to him. Seemingly floating in the moment, time of no relevance. The drops of rain join her tears as his soft touch pulls her closer to him. His whisper caressing her soul once more as his words sing quietly through her heart.

”I love you little one.” Her body collapsing upon Midnight, begging all that is within her soul to hold on. Wanting desperately to follow him. His gentle arms enfolding her as she feels the warmth of his strong body behind her. His lips moving lightly at the base of her ear. “I will always love you, never doubt that. You will always be in my heart. Now be free little one, be free.” The warmth encompasses her and grows deep within as he drifts from her form as easily as he had slipped in. His hands guide her journey across the spance from one rugged piece of earth to the other. His grip holds her heart as Midnight’s hooves reach the safety of land. The jolt of returning to the earth awakens her senses. Her breath caught in her throat while Midnight slows and stills her powerful legs.

A light shiver overtakes her body as she looks over her shoulder, unable to see the land from whence they had leapt. The thunder crescendos with a powerful and enigmatic boom. Her every heart beat pounding the rhythm of the love lost. Searching the cloudy night sky, she trembles as the familiar sparks fly through her soul. Knowing with all her heart that he was there for a brief moment. He held her, he guided her, he loved her, he gave her hope. He gave her the gift of himself. Knowing deep within that she will always have his heart, always carry it with her. Bowing her head she gently cries. Her tears streaming down her face to mingle with the raindrops that grace her cheeks. She slumps over her mare, allowing Midnight take her deeper into the night. Her body limply shifting with the jostling of the beloved mare. Knowing that she will forever be in love with the whispering hope of tomorrow. The hope of finding him again, and the hope that he will take her with him; wherever he will go.

Thank you for reading my story. I would be most humbled for those of you who have connected with this story to please vote. And any feedback would be greatly appreciated.