Rise of Roxy Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Go and really relax Roxy, He's quite a nice guy, I think."

Roxy called a cab and dressed in a red jacket and longish black skirt and sandals after doing her make-up and reach the camp office as her cab arrived. A couple wondered if they could share the cab and Roxy agreed and the German guy thanked her in excellent English and said he'd pay.

Roxy gave instructions to the cabbie where she wished to go and said curly she was Italian and he was to take her straight there and not to drive the cheat-the-tourist route. She recognized the foul words the driver muttered.

Nick must have been on the lookout because as soon as she alighted from the cab and said goodbye to the Germans he was racing to her and calling, "Roxy my Roxy" and that quite excited her and she didn't mind being heavily hugged and kissed and somehow he managed to get a thigh between hers and pushing it in firmly.

Oh god, she almost wheezed and weakly thought about suggesting having a drink in his room.

But Nick released her and said they should find a bar, preferably one not inhabited by Sally.

Eh?

She said they should walk for a bit as where they were was crowded. Where are we dining?"

"The Ristorante il Profeta on Borgognissanti."

"God you were lucky to get in there on Saturday night. Come, this way."

"A fistfull of dollars to the duty guy managing the concierge did the trick and within two minutes he gave me a print-out of the reservation."

"Oh very good. As we walk further up here we'll find bars inhabited by more locals than tourists."

"But not Sally?"

"I don't think so. They prefer to hang out at the watering holes favored by tourists."

"Oh excellent. If she saw me she'd want to manage my evening."

"Well she's your girlfriend isn't she?"

"Just one of the women I date but she acts as if she'd the only one."

Roxy smiled and said didn't they all and Nick smiled and called her very smart.

"Tell me, how's the project going?"

"Slowly and it's a real slog but Sally tells us it's going to plan and she doesn't look troubled and so we believe here. I have loved been here and being immersed into Italian life again but I would not wish to be involved in such a grueling project like this again. The stifling heat -- it's been up to 85 degrees some days -- and the number of people who've obstructed us or people who arrive late or even fail to show make it so frustrating. By we all feel we are getting there. The one thing this has done for me is to open the door to see treasures and meet people I would never had accessed had I been a regular tourist."

"Well that's something. Here's a bar, shall we try it?"

"Yes, it doesn't appear too crowded."

Roxy sat contentedly at the bar sipping and aperitif and chatting while in part of her mind was wondering whether she should fuck Nick when he pressed her later in the evening because that would mean being disloyal to Sally. Sally was a bit of a cow but on this project she and Sophie was the two stable things in Sally's life in this foreign part of the world.

Later in the evening Nick pushed her to have sex with him and she said no, that she felt it necessary to be loyal to Sally.

He smiled but Roxy could see he was seething and struggling to remain polite and pretending it didn't matter. She flagged down a cab and kissed him and whispered when kissing him, "It doesn't really matter Nick, it's only a fuck" and he appeared quite shaken. Perhaps it was trhe first time he'd even been turned down like this, except perhaps by his mother.

God she was becoming awful thinking like that, Sophie giggled as they cab drove along the crowded street. And why hadn't he pressed her to change her mind? Oh god, she'd lost her sex appeal. Roxy began to feel ready to weep but she thought she was better off with Nick not being in her life. Nick Robbins was addicted to fuck every female that captivated him. God what a dog.

A week later Robert Scott arrived in Florence without Rebecca and Jon and said both had decided to accept other offers back home for summer vacation.

Everyone in the camp thought it was wonderful about Robert and Sophie. They appeared to be having a second honeymoon. They couldn't leave each other alone and frequently just disappeared off to rest, only to arrive back looking tired but very satisfied.

Nick stayed away from the camp and Sally had to go to him to socialize. But he visited them on locations on three days and took everyone to a lovely outdoor dinner venue on each occasion and that made him very popular. He and Roxy remained reasonably friendly.

The day Nick returned home, Roxy said to Sally, "I think we are all beginning to think about getting back home."

"Yes I know but we still have twenty-two days left to run."

Roxy said, "Why don't we work four more hours extra each day to allow us to go home early and \catch the peak of summer with friends and family?"

"Well Sophie wouldn't be keen being longer away from her lover than necessary."

"Then tell her to take off with Robert and tour Italy. You give Sophie her ticket to change to the time to suit her to go home with Robert and we all can share the jobs she's been doing."

Sally chewed that over and then said it would mean modifying twenty-two days of scheduling. She initially had screwed up her face, horrified at the thought, but Roxy said she could assist and saw Sally's expression gradually relax but something told her Sally was unhappy about the suggestion and said, "Then don't do it."

Sally sighed deeply, "We've been averaging 7.5 hours a day the last three weeks from the time we leave camp until we return and another four would only make that ten but that would be pushing the crew too hard. No I cannot approve your proposal because the crew would become tired and tense and we'd cut corners and claim that reshoots were not necessary. Those twenty-two days include two spare days in case anything goes really wrong. No let's stick to schedule but that was a good idea Roxy and hey, let's take up on your suggestion to give Sophie a five-day break including our usual day off of Sunday so she and Robert can take off somewhere."

Roxy agreed that was a good idea and said she admired Sally for 'sticking to the script' to ensure the doco received full professional consideration and was given priority over everything else.

The days really dragged for Roxy while Sophie was away and a day after she and Robert returned he left for home and Roxy and Sophie were immediately as close as they'd ever been.

Sophie talked about her time away and obviously it was time well spent, but on that first evening after Robert had left for America, Sophie said something really amazing, well at least it amazed Roxy. She said, "I'm really surprised Roxy to find out during the last ten days just how much I really love my husband and having him near and dear to me."

"God you've fallen in love again."

Sophie thought about that and then said, "Yes I have, I really have."

They laughed and hugged and Roxy thought that was the most inspiring intimate moment she'd ever experienced, or more correctly the most inspiring one she could remember experiencing.

The days ticked over and then suddenly that was it, time to pack up and Sophie returned from sending off the last consignment of original film. Next morning while Steven's crew were packing up and returning hired equipment by courier, he phoned the dimensions of the tins of film to the dispatch firm and with Roxy interpreting, ordered the type of packaging including linings he required. They later went out to the airport freight depot and Steven packed the film himself into the crate, with Roxy checking off each spool.

It was quite straightforward as the company was used to shipping film but Steven was nervous to ensure he had everything right with this copy of everything and it would be sent to Sally's university for storage well away from the original film in case of any disaster.

Sally took all the crew and some of the support people in Florence to a restaurant dinner on the team's last night in Florence and they had a swell time. Although filming had turned into a relentless grind, so much of the work being repetitive, people having to stand a long time hanging about and all the other irritations that plague camera crews, everyone knew they had been up close and almost personal with some of the greatest artworks on the planet and some of the greatest scholars and custodians of such great art.

They all made a little speech and Roxy spoke about the time they were filming early in the piece in Rome in perfect light and everything was ticking over nicely when woman two floors of an apartment building above them yelled they were making too much noise, that her baby was sleeping. They waved at her but otherwise ignored her and suddenly she doused the crew and one of the cameras with a baby's bath full of water. Fortunately the camera was idle at the time and had a protective cover over it.

A little drunk, tears rolling and hitherto having had little interest in art, chief cameraman Steven Bahns spoke almost eloquently about his first glimpse of the original statue of David. For a few moments as he sat others in the party thought privately of some of their treasured moments.

However there was no sadness next day when they packed to drive back to Rome to return the vehicles and to pack for their flight home.

* * *

The movie team separated at their home airport. Robert had arrived to collect Sophie and Roxy who asked to be dropped off at her apartment because it was obvious the older couple were rarin' to rip off each other's clothes.

Roxy's apartment looked tiny and colorless and not at all suitable for a woman who now considered herself a rising star, although rising over what and when that would happen, she had no idea. Obviously it was time to negotiate a contract for a new job or move on. Roxy didn't think it was necessary to move on just because Nick Robbins held the helm of the company. She decided however that she would not be fodder for Nick who'd probably screw the leg off a table, given half a chance. She giggled and fell onto bed, not unpacking, not even showering. She was just so tired and so lonely.

She yawned.

There was a knock on the door.

Roxy found she had two callers, Miss Irene Sharpe, a librarian in her early forties and Mrs Robyn Tom who was estranged from her husband and two adult children for having had two tumultuous affairs that had broken up those two families.

"Hi Roxy welcome home. Irene and I have missed seeing your pretty face around here and missed your musical greetings. You'll be tired after your arduous assignment and then turning around and coming all that way back home."

"Yes we have brought you soup and a plate of meatballs," Irene said, as they put the food on the table.

"But I haven't known you two as friends," Roxy who are mentally and physically fatigued squawked, and weeping grabbed both women and hugged them.

"There, there, you have been working too hard, drinking too much and having too much sex," cooed Robyn.

"Or you have been reading too many books," Irene suggested.

"Here sit darling and get some nourishment into you," Robyn said. "God girl you are all skin and bone. You'll lose those great breasts of yours until you keep on ingesting protein."

"Robyn you should talk so personally to Roxy like that. She could be offended."

"God Irene, where I grew up men grab your tits and hips to assess whether you're worth taking to bed."

"Omigod Roxy," tell me about that, Irene practically panted.

"Irene she is teasing. For every man the world over who likes a plump women like you and me there are at least two how like them to be just well covered and half a guy who likes to rattle against bones."

"Omigod Robyn, tell me more."

Roxy laughed and told Robyn to fetch a bottle of red wine from the pantry and three glasses.

Late next morning Roxy awoke to find everything had been cleared away and the studio apartment looked spotless. After she'd fallen asleep at the table the women must have put her to bed, stripped down to her underwear, and they then had cleaned everything. God what friends to have.

She rested the next two days, sleeping and window shopping and walking in the park. The thought, however, was unstoppable, but Roxy was happy to just allow it to wash over her at times as they thought of Robyn and Irene benevolently. When she was ready, but not for months or possible for a few years, she would begin working on a doco simply called, Lonely Women, whether they were married, separated, divorced or unmarried, living in palatial homes or doss houses, she'd find them and write their story. The ugly part was she'd probably have to go to Nick Robbins for finance for her year to research and write and then to pay for the filming.

No, there was an alternative. She'd write a novel based on fact because those women could tell their story better than any author could invent them. Then if successful she'd get her agent to find a proper filmmaker.

Oh yes! She could begin the research while working and write up chapters while still working and take off next summer to write the novel.

Yes!

At the end of that second day at home, Roxy dressed neatly and a cocktail time called on Uncle Tom and Aunt Anne Baxley.

They were at home and Tom was still in his suit, obviously just home, when he answered the door.

"Yes ma'am?" he said politely, stared and said, "Omigod it's Roxy. Good girl, you are all skin and bones. Um may I hug you?"

"Of course and kiss me and feel a breast and find not everything is skin and bones."

He hugged and kissed but didn't fondle and smiling said, "Well obviously your arduous sojourn in Italy has not robbed you or your humor. Come in."

"Anne," he yelled. "Guess who's coming to dinner."

She came bustling out smiling and that changed into a wondrous smile when she saw who it was.

"Oh darling Roxy," she said and immediately lost her smile and it was all tears as Roxy's late mother's only sister raced in to hug her niece. The Baxley's had a son and daughter, both with children, but Roxy was Anne's only remaining link with her side of the family apart from Roxy's father who'd abandoned her.

The Baxley's had been to a law conference in Florence several years earlier and over drinks were intensely interested to hear about Roxy's Italian experiences.

"Did you get opportunity to have sex?"

"Tom!"

Roxy giggled and added bits about her sexual adventures and some of the hilarious situations some of the men found themselves and her aunt and uncle really enjoyed that and to hear of Robert's arrival in Florence and how he and Sophie appeared to fall in love all over again.

Later when Roxy was assisting to serve dinner, Anne said, "You know of course that Sophie and Tom had a torrid affair when our children were small?"

Roxy gaped and Anne said, "But you must have? You are Sophie have become very close and you were the reason why she went to Italy to support you."

"Aunt Anne, Sophie has never so much as hinted at that. I never knew, honest."

"Call me Anne dear. Your twenty-seventh birthday is coming up soon. Well I always knew Sophie was discreet but I'm really am surprised she is that discreet."

"She's really a beautiful person and has been somewhat like a mother..."

"I know darling and just forget I mentioned it. Sophie has been my best youngest friends for a great number of years, practically since I confronted her over the liaison. She stood firm and made no attempt to lie, she just said she'd resign her position in the morning. But I said no, it wasn't necessary, all I wanted was for her to leave my husband alone. She said she promised and left me standing, and I could hear her sobbing as she left. I knew then she meant what she said."

"The next day I received a hugely expensive bouquet of flowers and all the note said was 'Sorry' but I knew it was from Sophie. Shortly after that she married Robert, on the rebound I suppose. We went to the wedding and I chose the moment to say to her quietly that the beautiful bride was forgiven and thereafter our friendship developed. Actually as strange as it might seem, my true friendship with Sophie makes her one of the few true friends I feel I really have. I've been rather a lonely person all my life."

"Omigod what a beautiful story. Will you allow me to incorporate it in my novel; nothing that could lead back to you of course... oh god, how callous of me."

"Now it's fine dear. Don't mention anything about me at the table but during dinner I'll ask have you any project in mind and perhaps you'll mention the book. I'd be most interested to hear about it."

During dinner when Anne asked what did Roxy plan to do apart from building a career at the TV station, Roxy told them how two women came to her door with soup and meatballs."

"Until then I hadn't realized there were women in that apartment building who were interested in becoming friendly with me. Most of the studio apartments are occupied by solo women. I was touched by their gesture although I was dead tired from travel and the wind-down of our expedition and as we talked I realized how lonely the three of us were. During the next couple of days I thought I might try to write a novel about lonely women and call it be that name unless that title has been protected."

"Good idea and I could be that title searched for you," said Tom.

"Thanks Tom. And feeling that loneliness with Sophie as my only real friend made me remember I have kin, that that's what drew me back here. I'm not unlike my father am I, I abandoned you guys?"

"Rubbish you became under stress after making a wrong choice of guy and you became consumed with re-establishing yourself," Anne said.

"Anne this might seem unacceptable to you but in retrospect I have to accept Gerry became a launch pad for me, although a rather tatty launch pad. He was looking for sex and I was looking for a way out of the general office doing practically nothing, and as a team I believe we both got something out of it, me particularly because I feel I was pushed back on track. Actually the sex was much better than other people might have realized."

"Really Roxy..."

"Oh come on Anne, be prepared to believe what I say about Jerry. He's probably the loneliness man I've ever met but he really knows how to please a woman in bed. Come on smile."

Anne attempted to smile and failed.

"Come on Anne, he even surprised me. He was good for something approaching six hours on that first encounter."

"Oh god," Anne laughed and Tom and Roxy joined in and Anne had to wipe her eyes after laughing so much.

"You come as a burst of light into our lives," Anne said and Tom agreed.

Later when Roxy prepared to leave Tom said, "Roxy Anne and I have a bit of a traditional for having Sunday roast at midday and invite other couples who are friends and acquaintances. We are wondering if you would join us regularly, either by yourself or with a female or male companion? We'd really like that and know that you'd be entertaining."

"Why yes, I'd really love that whenever I can managed it."

"Kiss Roxy and off you go Tom, I wish to speak to her intimately."

As Tom headed to the Entertainment Centre Anne said, "Darling you are to come to me if ever you are troubled, do you hear? I'm kin."

"Yes I will and thank you."

"And this book, if you wish to take time off from work to write or research it or to defray expenses I can come up with the money."

"Oh no, I couldn't expect..."

"It's your money darling. It is a trust established by my parents and when your mother, being older than me died, I took over as trustee and then both our parents died. You are a beneficiary of the trust. I have all the money I need and so don't withdraw anything from the trust. Your sister tuned thirty this year and when Clara was contacted about beginning to withdraw her annual share of the trust she legally renounced her rights to the trust. Your sister says her husband and family are wealthy and you will be in greatest need of the money."