Rise of Roxy Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Omigod, I must write and thank her. She is in Russia with Carlo and their two children at present as Carlo is in charge of a natural gas project and they will be there another six months. That's why we couldn't meet up when I was in Italy."

"Well you begin drawing from the trust in three years from now but I have the authority to make special grants to up to to $10,000 a month."

"Well I'll think about it and am extremely grateful for your generosity Anne. You are so kind."

"It's what your grandparent would have wanted me to do darling. You must remember you are only knocking at the door in regards to building a career in TV and many people who make a promising start never go the full distance."

"Well I'm not completely sold on TV as a career. It ties one down like most jobs."

"Then wait till you're thirty and then rethink your future. You could easily afford to pay off the loan on a smallish business from your annual income from the trust."

That all of this was news to Roxy. She hadn't been aware of the existence of the trust. She decided not to ask how much capital was in the trust just in case the thought of the money, if it was a great deal, could seduce her. Her aunt didn't volunteer that information and Roxy was pleased about that.

She decided to take an extra day off to return to the TV studio really refreshed. She'd already called Mal Johns to say she was back safe and well and he greeted her warmly and said to come in once she was rested, that it had been decided by management for Roxy to continue drama training under Mrs Smith's expertise in the meantime.

"Am I not to be offered a contract as a presenter?"

Mal hesitated and said could he say something very confidential.

"Yes of course."

"Okay and don't let this go to your head. The senior management team considered Mrs Smith's report and those of us who've had dealings with you added our buck's worth. Mrs Smith's advice that you'd be wasted as a presenter was adopted. When she has finished with you I'm to introduce to into support roles in drama and then we see where you go from there."

"But I have had no drama training to speak of. Oh this could be a disaster."

"Take it easy Roxy. According to Mrs Smith you take up direction faster and more thoroughly than anyone who's ever taken up an acting role in our studios and according to Mrs Smith you have huge instincts that guide you to do the right thing."

Roxy laughed. "Mal that's such a laugh and I'll tell you something confidential. I left the law firm I'd been working for before I ended up here because I'd had a heavy affair with a guy who was in a trial separation with his wife. He came close to ruining his own career because of messing with me."

He laughed and said, "We are only human."

More to Come