Rise of Roxy Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Roxy ended by relating what had happened with the proposal.

"It would be a marvelous production," Eva said enthusiastically. "Go on William, make it as a Western but in modern movie-making style. I must not be dreary like 'The Searchers' although that perhaps was appropriate for its time."

"William I think about the Dr Monroe story every other night or so," Roxy said. "The script needs changing. I suggest the doctor lures each of the five brothers separately by offering sex and then when they approach her for it she apprehends them or shoots them dead in gunfights. In the opening credits we emphasis the movie is based on a true story. That word 'based' gets filmmakers off the hook."

William rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

"In the true story she shoots those three brothers when they try to shoot her when she attempts to apprehend them."

"Yes but in our version we arrange it differently, three deaths at three different locations. That will add variety to the story. For example in one she can shoot the killer with a breast popped out of her nightdress which distracts him. Perhaps she ends up having sex with one of the surviving brothers and a few months later at the trial looks suspiciously pregnant?"

William shook his head. "There will be an outcry if we tamper with Texas history."

"Nobody now living was there and the court records were sketchy and the author has told me each record showed the doctor claimed she won the shoot-out with each guy who had a six-gun. The two brothers she brought in and were later hanged, both claimed separately in evidence she shot their bothers in the back. However they were caught out, not realizing the bodies had been preserved. The postmortems had revealed all three of them died from a shotgun blast at distances estimated to be around fifteen to twenty yards."

Now even more interested, William said, "Look, leave this with me. I'll get our people to talk to the doctor's biographer Mrs Kindle and Walter Jackson, the guy that she, on behalf of the financially contributing descendants, commissioned to produce the screenplay. I recall Walter being very disappointed when we dumped the project but we hold the movie rights. Then we'll determine where to go from there."

When they were leaving the restaurant Eva said, "Roxy pardon me for being so personal but do you have a steady boyfriend?"

"No there's no one at the moment."

"Our son is a safety engineer involved in the inspection of design and construction of movie sets is adrift at the moment. I was wondering..."

"Yes," Roxy said, cutting in and smiling. "I'd like to meet him. If he's anything like you two I'd expect to find him okay."

"Then please come to lunch this Sunday. We'll have other people there including Clem and so our motives won't be obvious to anyone."

"Yes do that," William said. "A slightly conservative guy could be just right for you, um, to date."

Sunday was a hot and sunny and Roxy arrived looking dazzling in a sundress but half the women there looked dazzling in sun dresses. Well, she thought, at least she looked to be appropriately dressed.

She saw two studious guys with glasses who looked unattached and through oh no.

Eva, dressed in a white trouser suit admired Roxy's dress and super fashionable sunglasses and kissed her.

"I'm sorry but Clem hasn't arrived. Perhaps something has come up, I'll call him."

"No don't do that. William described your son as slightly conservative. If he wasn't coming he would have called."

"Oh yes, old fusspot me. Of course he would have called. I'm nervous wondering about whether I've done the right thing. I realize you young people like mothers keeping right out of it."

"I'm a big girl Eva and will turn thirty soon. Please don't fret. This looks to have the basis for a swell afternoon."

"Thank you dear."

"Oh there's William working at the grill. I'll go over and say hi."

William kissed Roxy and whispered great tits.

"Hi dad, remember no blood showing in my steak."

"Hi Clem, good that you made it. Oh this is...."

"The star of that movie about the jailbird who made good and went back to her old prison where she'd learned to sing and wowed them."

"Yes Clement and I'm Roxy Reeves. I take it you found the movie okay?"

"Always Clem if you don't mind. Actually your performance rather wowed me. Dad remains a bit worried because the movie is a sort of crossover, neither a drama nor a musical. But my thinking is it will wow many people and be a success. God you want to see some of the crap being distributed at the moment."

"Oh but I do."

The two guys looked at Roxy keenly and laughed.

Clem grabbed a beer for himself and another Screwdriver for Roxy and began introducing her to people, mostly extended family.

Roxy joined the general exodus around 4:00 and Clem was nowhere to be seen. She was disappointed but he called her a couple of hours later and apologized for leaving her so abruptly but he'd received an urgent call out.

"How did you get my phone number?"

"From dad. I was surprised he had it?"

Roxy blushed but caught herself and said calmly, "I work indirectly with him and when he couldn't contact our director Jennifer Hinckley when we were filming in New Mexico and Texas he'd call me as the principal actor."

"Oh yes of course. I'll be frank, mom reckons I should date you."

Roxy thought his mom was smart and if her son was smart he'd do what she told him. So she laughed and said, "Okay then work it out yourself and when you decide what to do let me know."

"Gee well done Roxy. I've been put in my place. Would you please have dinner with me Tuesday? Mom and dad will be out so we could eat at their place. I do a bit of cooking but perhaps we should eat out and not be disturbed by their home coming?"

"No eat at my place and if I'm really enjoying your company you might be invited to stay. You can do a little bit of cooking in my kitchen if you wish but I'm happy to do the lot."

Clem turned out to be a patient and gentle lover, very much to Roxy's likening, and so she was in no hurry to let him go and in fact worked to keep him interested. He appeared very surprised to be having sex the first time they got together alone but then if the guy was okay Roxy's philosophy usually was why wait about?

* * *

Roxy was invited to a VIP preview of the final cut of 'Let's Produce Musicals'. She'd seen earlier edited versions and was rather pleased but Jennifer said the finished version would look even better and more tightly edited.

She and Clem were taken to the theater by his parents William and Eva to the 5 pm session to be followed by a buffet at a nearby Chinese restaurant. All the principals of the two crews had been invited and it was good to catch up. Other big guns were there including the head of the studio.

As executive producer, William ran the function. He called Jennifer to the stage and she spoke briefly about being on location and how scary she found the disused jail.

"From that moment of the first shivers I've worked hard at being a model citizen," she said and the audience of 120 who were being served drinks were ready to laugh.

"Will Roxy Reeves who plays the lead role of Rusty please join me up here."

"Everyone, this is Roxy who made our life easier on location by always being bright and organizing us into a singing group around the big camp fire and always being the one to have remembered to bring the insect repellant from her trailer. On the last day in New Mexico before we moved into Texas was had a surprise visit from the well-known Walter Jackson who produced the screenplay from the novel."

"Walter is quite a character and he wrote a camp fire song and Roxy took it away and learned the words and then got her guitar and improvised the words into a ballad."

"Roxy will sing it for you now."

"No I can't, I'm pleased to say," she grinned. "I haven't got my guitar."

"Oh but I have, it arrived back in one of the trucks and landed up at my home. I have it here."

Roxy groaned.

"If any of you are disgusted by foul language and disgusting behavior please leave the room for a few minutes. This was Mr Jackson's idea of the things we missed back home like fast cars, booze and drugs and how we compensated for the dreary nights of being on location by engaging in group sex."

"What no one is leaving? We do have an adult audience although some of you might be deaf. Here goes... actually we found it very funny."

She sang the nine versus and chorus. People were laughing and swinging in time with the tune and then joining in with each chorus.

Roxy received thunderous applause when she finished. William came to the microphone smiling and said, "Get your glass filled everyone and take it with you into the theater.

Roxy was amazed how really good the movie looked on the big screen and the amplified big sound was tremendous.

She blushed furiously when Clem whisper, "God you're a damn good actress, so expressive, so believable. You really think you are Rusty, don't you?"

She had to murmur yes.

The concert ended with Rusty's group finishing the last of their four best numbers and the boss of the facility, beaming, nodded to Rusty when the yelling but otherwise well-behaved 140 detainees to repeat the last number.

"No we won't do that but we'll do one that I wrote just after we received approval to come here to give you this concert that is being filmed for TV. Remember I once was incarcerated here. The title of my song is, 'I Came Out of Jail Singing'.

"Omigod," said Eva, who was sitting on the other side of Roxy. You used my title."

"It's just a coincidence Eva," Roxy smiled. I wrote that song and thought up the title and it was filmed almost five months before I first met you. Great minds think alike, I say."

Senior members of the cast and production stood with William at the exit of the theatre and then guests filed out congratulating them. The president of the studio ignored Jennifer and all the others but slapped William on the shoulder and said, "Well done. You've done it again William."

All those lined up with William looked pleased to hear William being congratulated.

During the short walk to the restaurant Roxy heard Eva say, "Make sure Jennifer directs the Dr Monroe story William. She and Roxy are a winning combination."

Clem obviously heard his mother, formerly a top theater critic, make that comment and squeezed Roxy's hand. She thought, crossing her fingers, that approval would eventuate.

At the restaurant while people were still eating, the studio president Don Ross stood and thanked everyone for coming and hoped they had enjoyed the occasion.

He was applauded and then he said, "William I'll sign the approval in the morning for you to proceed with the Dr Monroe story. Jennifer perhaps you'd be kind enough to come up to the rostrum and tell us about this project.

"Mr Ross, might I suggest you invite Roxy Reeves to present the résumé? Ever since the proposal emerged and it was suggested Roxy would be perfect to play the gritty doctor, she has been passionately consumed by Dr Monroe's deeds in North Texas in 1904. She thinks about how to improve the production to suit modern movie style and expectations of movie aficionados of today and has been reading widely about how feisty professional women like Dr Monroe thought and acted at that time."

"Why yes, that's an excellent idea. Up you come Roxy and we expect to be enthralled."

Perhaps not enthralled but the audience of movie-goers almost hung on to every word as soon as Roxy spoke about the stubborn, straight-backed slim doctor of German ancestry driving out alone on a bumpy wagon alone and determined to bring in five killers, dead or alive.

Some people leaned forward at their tables, leaning on their elbows, totaled focused on Roxy.

Clem watched on patiently as his father kissed Roxy on the mouth in front of Eva later as people were leaving.

"That was a magic 10-minute delivery Roxy," William said. "You put it across wonderfully and even before the complimentary comments came I knew they liked what they'd heard."

Eva pushed William aside and kissed Roxy on both cheeks and then stroking Roxy's cheek said, "Listen to me Roxy. Maintain you focus and your passion you'll pull this off and the movie critics will rave about you. My god, you had me believing in you absolutely when you were delivering that summary and your acting in the presentation was superb."

"But I wasn't acting," Roxy frowned. "God how much alcohol have you consumed?"

Eva just smiled.

"You were selling your movie darling and in the process you were acting out the role of the biographer of the legendary Blanche Monroe."

Roxy froze momentarily and then kissed Eva lightly on the tip of her nose.

"Oh you lovely woman," she said, and turning to Eva's husband said, "William that's it. I demand the working title of our gutsy movie be 'The Legend of Blanche Monroe'.

"Well okay, how much alcohol have you consumed?"

Roxy smiled and swept back her long chestnut hair.

"No more than half of my comfortable capacity. William I suggest you, Jennifer and I go soon on a scouting trip of the Panhandle out from Amarillo to get the feeling of the plains and we can visit the Amarillo Panhandle Plains Museum and make contact with Amarillo Film Commission officials as a courtesy before you send our researchers in. We need to have feeling for the Panhandle. Just two or three days would be sufficient. Basically we need a location on the high plains plateau because Blanche drives a wagon. But of course she could have packed a saddle and ridden out on one of the horses to travel through the canyon areas of wild beauty that I've read about."

Looking at Roxy closely, "William said, well okay, that sounds a good idea. You have been really bitten but the Blanche Monroe bug haven't you?"

"This story deserves to be created as a movie epic William, nothing less. I can recognize a great story. You'll need a couple of big name actors to play the part of the two brothers who Blanche brought back alive."

Eve asked, "Do you believe Blanche did all that is claimed?"

"Blanche is officially recorded as living on the Panhandle as a doctor in 1904 and there are old newspaper reports of her driving out alone and coming back with the bodies of three dead men and two live and starving men locked in a steel cage on her wagon. So yes, I believe."

"Good," Eva said. "And I believe once it's known this movie is being made, people will come out of the woodwork with information. Appoint a good publicist to the production team William."

In the weeks that the production of the movie was being prepared, Roxy accepted a part of a seductive casino hostess in a movie about a frustrated Law Commission Investigation into reports of correction in the gambling industry in Nevada. The investigation became ineffective because of the seductions of the female star of the movie and Roxy's dedication to sexually corrupt the three male and two female members of the investigation commission, all of whom were married and aged in their fifties and sixties.

Roxy had fun and loved it. She happily took on the job to seduce the two female commissioners and off-camera became more than friendly with the two youngest males acting as commissioners.

Arriving back in Hollywood for studio filming, Roxy learned that pre-production on the movie, now being referred to simply as Blanche, was well underway. She called Jennifer who said it had been decided to add a female to the cast, a character actor to play as Blanche's practice receptionist/nurse who'd receive some letters from Blanche brought in by riders she'd met during her pursuit of the brothers. The messages would arrive at least 10 days after they'd been handed to those riders.

"Good, that strengthens the female cast by 100%," Roxy laughed, adding apart from townswomen gossiping about their doctor's abrupt departure from the town.

"We've completed profiles on the five male actors and all have been hired. The male lead, one of the two Blanche brings in alive, is Shaun Mason and he wants to meet you."

"Oh good choice even if he has a mustache."

"All of the brothers have mustaches and three also have beards."

"I know, I've read the script. I don't like mustaches and dislike beards even more."

"Oh just like some guys don't like big breasts like yours?"

They laughed.

"Well what do I tell Shaun?"

"Yes I should meet him and with you, say over lunch Friday. We are not working Friday."

"Yes I could arrange that. He's not working at the moment."

Roxy was happy to resume her relationship with Clem Packer and was aware her relationship with his parents was deepening. The growing friendship developing between her and Eva make Roxy feel guilty about having had sex with William and the likelihood there would be more to come. But she accepted that being somewhat promiscuous produced the downside of hurting other people if they found out. Roxy was also aware that being without close family it appeared inevitable that some of her friends would be older women capable of being mentors. Clem actually relied on his mother in much the same way.

Before going off to work in Nevada, Roxy had suggested that Clem apply for the role of set construction coordinator for the movie, he was aghast, saying that was a contract job whereas he was engaged in a permanent job as an engineering inspector at a much higher salary. He went to his mother for assurance and she said the coordinating experience would be useful to his career so why not request a leave of absence if he succeeded in winning the set construction coordinator role?

Clem agreed with that and his father made sure he was granted leave of absence when Clem won the position from a movie producer, who'd been appointed by Clem's father. Roxy was happy because she could live with Clem when they were on location together at times. She'd become rather use to having Clem's dick handy and he was no bother to have around and in fact was excellent company. God she was a cynical bitch, she giggled.

Lunch of Friday was most enjoyable. Shaun and Jennifer were at the bar with drinks when Roxy arrived. She had mineral water because she was dieting. A 1902 photo of Blanche that someone in the studio's research department had dug up showed the reasonably attractive and long-haired Blanche was fairly gaunt and Roxy had decided to lose weight but slowly. So alcohol was out except for important celebrations.

Shaun eyed Roxy casually as she approach and she returned the appraisal of him slowly and not smiling and that sent his leer vanishing.

Jennifer eased the slight tension by saying, "Now I expect you two to be nice to one another throughout this project."

"Yes," Roxy and Shaun said together and grinned, glancing at each other.

Jennifer left first and Shaun said, "I'm about to go south a bit to a place where my folk have a basic beach house. I invite you to come with me. Um no one else will be staying with us."

Roxy took her time replying and then delivered fast: "Do you have a big dick?"

"Huh?" he mumbled and seized his mustache between two fingers, presumably for emotional support.

She waited.

"Um to be honest because I'm keen to start off on the right foot with you. No and possibly I could even come up short of the right side of average but who knows?"

"Excellent," she smiled. "Then I'll accept your invitation. I've decided to back off from guys who overly stretch me."

Shaun stopped playing with his upper lip and said, "Your frankness is surprising although I'd been warned about you."

"By whom, I'm not known?"

"Oh spare me. You provide good fodder for the gossip columnists. You kicked a Mexican guy's ass in San Antonio for trying you on with a triple-strength Tequila cocktail and sent the crowded bar of mostly locals into hysterical laughter when you ranted in Mexican the scumbag wouldn't rate as high as his mother's asshole."