Rob's Fortune

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And then Robin Atlee came on the scene and things got interesting.

Robin was extremely good looking, intelligent and witty and for some reason Robin decided that I was the one she wanted for her significant other. It was a unique experience for me. I had never been pursued before. Well maybe pursued is the wrong way to put it, but Robin came after me before I even knew who she was. I was at a party (that Marcy had wanted to go to, but I got my phone call in first) and I was leaning on the makeshift bar with a beer in my hand when this sexy looking redhead came up to me and said:

"Hi. My name is Robin."

I told her my name and then she asked me who I was at the party with and I told her I had come stag. She gave me a big smile and said:

"I'm here with a guy who is turning out to be a big doofus. I think you're cute and I need a date for tomorrow night. What do you say?"

"I guess that since I'm not totally brain dead I have to say "Would you like to go out with me tomorrow?"

We had dinner, caught a show and stopped for a drink after. When I walked her to her door she said:

"If I really like the guy Rob, I usually kiss on the first date" and she rose on her tip-toes and presented her lips to me. It was a scorcher and when we broke the kiss Robin said, "I could stand a steady diet of this. Want to try again tomorrow?"

At the end of our third date when I walked Robin to her door she turned to me and said:

"I'm a very direct woman Rob and when I see something I want I get it. I want you Rob." She opened her door, stepped inside and then turned to me and asked:

"Coming?"

I followed her in and was still there the next morning. Happy, felling great, but exhausted and if you had asked me "What do you think Marcy is doing right now" I would probably have answered "Marcy who?" I was scheduled to work that day and for the first time ever I considered calling in sick and spending the day with Robin, but then she told me she had things to do so I sucked it up and went in to work my shift. I spent the weekend between work and Robin's bedroom and didn't see my apartment for three days.

Monday was supposed to be the start of my time with Marcy, but Robin wanted me to take her to a showing at an art gallery so when Marcy called me and asked what time I would be by I told her that I would be busy that night. There was a little silence on the other end of the line – it was the first time I had ever told her that I wouldn't be over to see her – and then she said:

"How about tomorrow?"

"I'm working tomorrow."

"Oh. I guess I can wait until Wednesday to see you."

"I'll give you a call."

"Okay baby. I love you. Bye."

Robin had me busy Wednesday so I forgot to call Marcy. Thursday after class I was scheduled to work and twenty minutes before the end of my shift Robin came in.

"I was at the library and I had Cathy drop me off here so you could drive me home."

"I don't know about that. Every time I take you home I somehow end up too tired to do much the next day."

"Poor baby. Want mommy to go easy on you?"

"I don't know if you are capable of gong easy. I just know I can't afford to fall asleep in Business Law again."

"Okay lover. I promise that I'll see to it that you get some sleep."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Friday Marcy was waiting for me in the hall when I came out of my three o'clock class.

"What's going on Rob? I haven't heard from you all week."

"Been busy Marcy."

"With the redhead I saw you with last night? I came down to the restaurant to see if you would have a drink with me when you got off work and I saw you leave with her."

"Her name is Robin and yes I have been busy with her."

"This is supposed to be our time Rob."

"Maybe so, but when I met her I couldn't very well tell her to keep me in mind and I'd call her in two or three weeks."

"I want my time Rob. You will just have to tell her that you will be busy for the next couple of weeks."

"Can't do that Marcy."

"Why not?"

"Because I like her Marcy and there just might be something there. I might want to hang on to her."

"What about me?"

"What about you Marcy? I never promised you anything. When you said that some day you would like to give me my ring back so I could slip it back on your finger I never said that I would. When you came up with your weeks on weeks off plan I said okay thinking that it just might work, but I entered into the plan knowing full well that I might meet someone else just like you might find a cock that is different enough that you might decide to keep it. You had a sure thing Marcy, but you threw it away because you were curious. You took a gamble Marcy. It is a crap shoot and so far the dice are still rolling and when they stop we will see what numbers come up; yours or someone else's."

"When am I going to see you again?"

"No idea. When I come up with a free evening I'll give you a call and if you aren't busy with your cock of the week maybe we can get together."

"Damn it Rob, that's not fair. This was never about finding someone to replace you. It was just a time out so I could satisfy my curiosity."

"Whatever. Got to run or I'll be late for my next class."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

The rest of the week school, job and Robin kept me busy. Robin had an out of town family function to attend that weekend and I didn't have to work Saturday so Friday I gave Marcy a call.

"Gee Rob, you should have called sooner. I already have a date for Saturday."

"Okay sweetie. Have fun. See you around. Bye."

Saturday night I went to a part at the Delta house. Marsha of the long legs was there and when her date drank so much that he got petrified she asked me to take her home. When I left her place at eleven the next morning I hit the Village Inn for some breakfast and then headed home. Marcy's car was parked out front and when I pulled up and parked next to her car she got out and stood there waiting for me.

"I tried calling you last night. About five times. I cancelled my date so I could spend my time with you, but I could never get in touch."

I looked her right in the eye and lied to her. "It wouldn't have mattered. You said you were busy so when I hung up from talking to you I called someone else. I already had a date before you had time to cancel yours."

"Who?"

"None of your business Marcy. I've never asked you for the names attached to all of your cocks and I won't be telling you the names of who I see."

"Okay, okay" she said and then she asked "Since I'm here may I come in?"

Once in the apartment she immediately reached for my zipper, but I pushed her hand away and she looked hurt.

"Have you ever come to me straight from one of your cock encounters with his juices still in you or on you?"

"Jesus Rob, I would never do that."

"I won't do it to you either. You will have to wait until after I shower."

I was shampooing my hair when the shower curtain moved and Marcy got in the shower with me. "I'll do your back." Two minutes later (or maybe a little less) she was leaning against the wall bent at the waist as I took her from behind. Later in bed after another rousing romp Marcy said:

"I am not a cock hungry slut."

"I never said you were."

"Yes you have, but not directly. The other day you said "my cock of the week" and outside in the parking lot two hours ago you referred to the names attached to "all of my cocks." There have only been three since the day we talked and none of them lasted more than two days."

"Almost two years and only three? At that rate you will be forty before you get your dozen out of the way."

"I'm never going to get that dozen Rob because I've already satisfied my curiosity. The ones I've had have all been different, but not one of them was any better than any of the others and none of them satisfied me the way that you do. No more experimenting Rob."

She took the chain from around her neck and handed it to me. It had the engagement ring I had given her hanging on it and as she handed it to me she said "Please Rob?"

I looked at it for several seconds and then I handed it back to her. "I don't think so Marcy."

"Please Rob; you know that I love you."

"So what Marcy? You told me that you loved me before I gave you the ring, but your love for me didn't keep you from cheating on me. You cheated on me twice in Florida and you cheated on me after you got back from Florida. If I hadn't caught you at it you would probably still be cheating on me while all the time telling me how much you love me. I don't need that in a fiancé."

"If that is the way you feel why didn't you end it with me back then?"

"Because you are the best piece of ass I've ever had and when you came up with your weeks on weeks off plan I saw a way to keep fucking you without being tied down to you. It meant that if I didn't have any luck hooking up with another chick I had you to fall back on when it was my weeks."

"You never intended to put the ring back on me did you?"

"Nope. If it had been just that one guy – the first one – in Florida and you had confessed when you got back we could probably have worked it out, but you didn't do that. You deliberately went after the second one in Florida and then the ones here after you got back and like I said, if I hadn't caught you at Stella's party you would probably still be sneaking around behind my back trying to satisfy your so-called curiosity."

"You know that isn't so Rob. If I was doing that don't you think that there would have been more than three in two years?"

"I only have your word that it has only been three. It could be three hundred for all I know and you are saying only three so you won't look like a cock hungry slut."

"You can believe it or not Rob, but it has only been three. Damn it Rob, I love you and you know I do. There has never been anyone else who has meant anything to me. Don't chase me away."

"I'm not chasing you away Marcy, I'm just not going to marry you. You are still the best piece of ass I've ever had and you can stay around as long as you want to, but all we will ever be is fuck buddies."

"I can't change your mind if I'm not around so I guess I'll have to settle for that" and she scooted down and took my cock in her mouth.

Over the next two weeks if I wasn't with Robin I was with Marcy. Marcy wasn't at all happy about the time I spent with Robin, but she knew where she stood and she knew that her only options were to accept it or move on and I knew she wouldn't move on. I suppose I could be considered an asshole for taking advantage of her and I was taking advantage of her. I knew that she loved me. I never doubted that for a second and I knew that she would hang around till the last dog was hung trying to find a way to get me back and as long as she was hanging around I would never lack for pussy. It didn't matter what happened with other girls because Marcy would always be there to take care of my hornies.

There was only one problem. I loved the stupid bitch.

I loved her, but I had always heard and I believed that once a cheater, always a cheater and she had cheated on me.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Robin began making noises about taking our relationship to the next stage, but that was something that I was not interested in doing. Robin was a very good looking woman, was better than average in bed and a lot of fun to be with, but she wasn't the girl for me for the long haul. She'd told me way back when that what she wanted she went after and got. Robin was a "me" girl, a girl whose credo was "we are going to do this my way" and "we are going to do what I want." That was not the kind of woman I could live with so I kept ignoring her hints until one day, true to her nature, she told me to keep Saturday clear so we could go shopping for a ring.

"I'm not ready for that Robin."

"Well I am. We won't be married until we graduate, but there are a lot of things that will have to be done. I've already told my mother to start the planning. I saw just the ring I want at Zales. They open at ten on Saturdays so we can sleep in or go and have breakfast somewhere first."

"Didn't you hear what I said Robin? I'm nowhere near ready to make a decision on that."

"What's to decide Rob?"

"The decision to get married. I am nowhere near being ready to get married."

"Well I am Rob so we need to move forward on it."

I took a couple of seconds to make up my mind as what to do. Give up a damned good piece of ass or string it along a little while longer. I decided to get it over with.

"I am not ready to even consider marriage Robin, but when I am it won't be to you."

She looked stunned and then said, "Just what the fuck do you mean by that?"

"I mean that I won't ever marry you. You are too controlling and while I can put up with it as long as we date and keep company there is no way I would put up with it in a marriage. We would be at each other's throats before our first anniversary rolled around."

There was more said, but the end result was Robin storming out and slamming the door behind her.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x

With Robin gone I started spending more time with Marcy and she naturally assumed that it was because she was winning me back and I did not disabuse her of the notion. She worked hard trying to show me that she was mine and mine alone and by graduation she managed to convince me and I did slip the ring back on her finger. We were married a month after graduation.

The next five years flew by. We were both doing well in our chosen fields and we had the perfect marriage. It all came apart one Monday in June. I was scheduled to fly to Detroit for some contract negotiations and I was already at the airport checking in when my boss called me on my cell phone and told me to change my flight to the evening flight because he had some last minute instructions for me. He told me to meet him at the Marriott for lunch and we would go over the changes. I didn't bother to call Marcy since she was already at work and she knew I'd already left and would be gone three days.

I was having lunch with Jack and going over the last minute changes he wanted me to bring up at the Detroit meeting when something caught my eye. You could see the check in counter from where we were sitting and I saw Marcy and a man I didn't know approach the counter and minutes later they left the counter and moved to the elevators and got on one. I excused myself and went to the counter and asked the check in clerk for the names of the couple that just checked in. He started to say he couldn't do that when I showed him the fifty dollar bill.

"Is there going to be any trouble?"

"Very likely, but not here and not today."

He took the bill and slid the registration card across the counter to me. Mr. and Mrs. William Sherman is what it read. I copied down the information on the card, thanked the desk clerk and got back to my lunch with Jack. When lunch was over and Jack had finished briefing me I checked my watch and saw that I had four hours before I needed to head back to the airport. I hit the hotel gift shop and bought the latest Robert Parker novel and then took a seat in the lobby where I could watch the elevators.

I didn't get much of the novel read since I kept having to look up every time I heard the 'ding' as the elevator doors opened. My four hours was almost up and I was just getting ready to get up and abandon my vigil when the elevator doors opened and Marcy and Sherman came out. I got up and walked over to them.

"Bill Sherman?" I asked and I held out my hand. He took it to shake and I said, "Damn Bill, it has been a long time since I saw you last. This Mrs. Sherman? Did okay for yourself. Lucky dog to have such a good looking wife. Anyway, nice seeing you. Have to run. Got a plane to catch" and I walked away leaving a deathly pale Marcy and a confused William Sherman.

I didn't bother calling Marcy when I reached Detroit to let her know where I was staying or how to reach me. The meetings in Detroit went well and three days later I flew home. I got in ay ten-thirty in the evening and checked into a hotel room. The next morning I went by the office and filed Jack in on the Detroit meetings and then I took the rest of the day off. At one in the afternoon I was in the office of Morrisy Investigations talking with a Mr. William Miglio. I gave him all I had on William Sherman and told him that I wanted to know all about the man. Where he worked, was he married or engaged and any other information that might be pertinent to a divorce action. I left there and stopped at the back and closed all of our accounts and cleaned out the safe deposit box and then took everything to a different bank and opened accounts in my name only. We were a no fault state and eventually I would have to settle up with Marcy, but I would rather have the money to disperse than let her have it and trust that I might get my share from her. Then I went home.

Marcy wasn't home from work yet so I used the time to move all of my things out of the master bedroom and into one of the spare bedrooms. I went and got a beer from the fridge and then went out and sat down on the patio. It was a nice house and I loved the patio area which was surrounded by flower beds and I was going to miss it. Unless I could get Marcy to agree to let me buy her out which would probably be a hard thing to do since she loved the place as much as I did.

I was drinking my beer and watching the sunset when Marcy got home. She came out on the patio and sat down on one of the lounge chairs.

"You didn't call."

"No point to it."

"It wasn't what you thought."

"I don't want to talk about it Marcy. Just sit on whatever you have to say until Tuesday."

"Why do I have to wait until Tuesday?"

"Because I won't know what I am going to do until Tuesday."

"I don't understand."

"You don't need to."

"We need to talk now Rob. We can't let this fester any longer than it already has."

"Tuesday Marcy."

"No Rob, Tuesday is...."

I got up and walked into the house. I hadn't unpacked my bag from the trip so I grabbed it and headed for the front door.

"Where are you going Rob?"

"I said Tuesday and you won't leave it alone so I'll leave and come back Tuesday."

I left the house and checked into a motel and then I spent the weekend lying by the motel pool.

Tuesday afternoon I met with Mr. Miglio and then I headed home. Marcy either took the day off or she left work early since she was waiting for me when I got to the house. I set my bag down inside the front door and then headed for the kitchen for a beer. I opened it and sat down at the kitchen table and waited for Marcy to come in and sit down. Once she was seated I said:

"Okay Marcy, go ahead and speak your piece, but first let me tell you what I know so you don't waste a whole lot of time lying to me. I was having lunch with Jack when I saw you and your boyfriend checking in. You and your boyfriend then took the elevator up to the rooms and I went over and talked to the check in clerk and he told me that you registered as Mr. and Mrs. William Sherman. You went up in the elevator and came down four hours later. I didn't see either you or your boyfriend carrying anything that looked like a board game so I'm ruling out checkers, chess, Monopoly or Scrabble. So tell me why I'm wrong in thinking that you and Mr. Sherman spent four hours fucking."

"It wasn't like that Rob. He isn't my boyfriend. I don't need a boyfriend baby, I've got you."

"So tell me Marcy, just what did you do for four hours?"

"It doesn't matter Rob. I love you and you know I do. I prove it to you every day."

"I'm waiting Marcy."

"It wasn't anything Rob. It had nothing to do with my love for you."

"One last time Marcy; what did you do for four hours with your pretend husband? I get an answer or I'm out of here."