Rough around the Edges Ch. 07

Story Info
Weekend getaway and then heartbreak.
8.2k words
4.71
41.4k
22

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 04/13/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myanlass
Myanlass
1,024 Followers

"James, what do you have planned for this weekend?" Jade said holding the phone to her ear, smiling to herself.

"Well, you just have to wait and see baby. I just want to make sure that you have cleared your plans for this weekend." He said.

"Yes, I have."

"Not a girls night?" he asked and she laughed.

"No."

"No sister time?"

"Well, actually yes. Gale is going back to close a deal on a decorating job and leaving Nicole here. I mean she will be okay at my house by herself as long as I leave her a car."

"That's okay, because I was thinking of having Ramon join us."

"What? This isn't a 'me and you' thing."

"Jade, please trust me to take care of this. I need him for something so being around Nicole will keep him occupied."

"And so you are using my sister?"

"Don't start that, you are acting like Gale." He said in a low tone.

"No, I like Ramon, it's just Nicole tends to get really nervous and shy around guys."

"Clumsy too, don't forget clumsy." He reminded and Jade smiled to herself at how well he knew her little sister.

"Yes, that too but she should be alright."

"Good, then I will see you tonight."

"Alright baby, lo..." she stammered biting her tongue.

"What was that baby?"

"Um, can't wait. See you then."

It almost slipped out, she thought as she quickly hung up the phone. She had never been so close to saying it before like she did right then. It was just the fact at how well things had been going for the past couple of days. Not only that, but him and Nicole getting along tremendously. Him and Gale? That was another headache, but ever since that last time they went out to eat, Gale had been laying low. They hadn't really hung out with each other and every time she called, Gale would quickly get off the phone. She figured it was just Gale being Gale and left if alone. Besides, everything with her and James has been going great.

They spend every night together constantly pleasing each other. She hated to sound corny but she was floating on cloud nine around him. That was her man and no one could tell her any different. She loved being around him and even with his chauvinistic ways, which she would quickly put in check. Nicole loved him though, he promised her the first good car that he can find and he was going to see about working on it to get her a car for college. She was just so shocked by that along with Nicole. Her response was just jumping up and down and stammering. That was the moment Jade realized she loved James. She knew it for a long time but it had never really been concrete till that moment.

There were plenty of times when she was close to saying it, like when he surprised her with a pint of ice cream a couple of weeks ago. She was in one of her moods where she was ranting and raving about how she looked and James just showed up with some ice cream. She remembered she told him that this was going to make her fat and he told her that she looked great just the way she was.

After he said that she just stared at him while he ate the ice cream as he watched television. Not to mention the one time he took her to the art museum when they opened a new exhibit. She was already planning to drag Katrina or Dominique with her since he kept complaining that he didn't do museums. Then that morning he came over to the house with two tickets that he stayed in line to buy the night before. Oh it almost slipped that morning when they went for breakfast but she changed it to loving one of the paintings that she saw. She felt that this was right, exactly like Katrina always told her.

"You must be thinking about James." Jade quickly turned towards the door and saw Dominique and Katrina.

"And if I was?" Jade replied shyly.

"Well at least she isn't denying it." Dominique said with a smile.

"I guess we can let you do that, you finally got yourself a good man." Katrina said sitting down, "I finally got some time away from the kitchen."

"You know it's always busy around this time. Do you mind me leaving early today?"

"Do I? I guess there is something special going on between you and James."

"Actually yes, he has something planned for me this weekend. I don't know how exciting it could be though. Nicole and Ramon will be there too."

"Why you keep throwing your man in your little sister's face?" Dominique said and Jade threw a piece of paper at her.

Dominique ducked, laughing along with Katrina, "You just wait till you get a man and I'm going to tease the hell out of you."

"Well, wait on my sister." Dominique said, "I don't think that's coming anytime soon."

"What happened between you and Nik?"

"I got wind of the Italian Stallion and his hot new thing at this bar the other night." Dominique said rolling her eyes, "Anyway, I have to get ready for this big client."

"New client?" Katrina asked.

"Yea, some big wig business man that's going through mid life crisis or something. I don't really know."

"Yea, I can see you really care." Katrina replied sarcastically.

"I care, it's just that everyone wants to keep it down about it because he's supposedly that well known. He said he got my number from one of his friend. I just hope I can help him, he seems really torn up about a mistake he said he made."

"Well if he is as successful as you say he is, there is no telling how many throats he cut just to get where he is." Jade said, "Now back to happier things, I have something to admit to you guys." Dominique and Katrina leaned forward waiting on the news, "I think I am in love." She looked at their face gauging for a reaction and they both just stared at her.

"Like we didn't already know." Katrina finally said after a long silence.

"What?"

"We are your best friends, of course we know." Dominique said, "You get that glazed look in your eyes. You ditch me because you spending time with him. It's the same thing this one did when her and Scott became serious."

"Well this is so different for me. I mean I didn't even think I would end up with him and I like him, just the way he is. That's the strange part. I just wish Gale would come around and see him for who he is."

"Does it really matter? I mean Gale has some serious problems that she needs to work out on her own. I mean I know I say stuff about not being with someone of your own race but I won't stand in the way of someone's happiness. I like James so I think you being spoiled and him being stubborn is a good match." Dominique smiled and Jade just shook his head.

"Well, back to other matters, we have to find that specific type of cake that Queen Kendra wants."

"I thought we were going to make the cake?" Jade asked.

"We are, but she wants it some crazy flavor. We'll see what we can do. About today, go ahead and take off early so that you can go hang out with your man." Katrina said.

She squealed, "Thank you so much." Jade said getting up and grabbing her purse, "I'll see you ladies on Monday."

Jade hurried out of the restaurant and left for the weekend. She couldn't wait for him to he come over and pick her up. She knew that Nicole was going to be excited for this weekend, even with Nicole and Ramon being there. It was going to be exciting.

When she finally got home, Nicole had just came back from her jog, "Hey, you are home early." Nicole stated out of breath.

"Yea, so any boys that you are hiding at my house, you better tell them to leave." Jade smiled and Nicole put her hands on her hips.

"Very funny, anyway what are you doing home?"

"Well, James has something special planned for us this weekend and I need to get packed up and ready." Jade said heading into the house with Nicole following.

"Great, so I get left alone here?"

"Not exactly, he wants you to come along with us."

Nicole stopped in her tracks looking at Jade with disbelief, "I'm not sure that I follow."

Jade looked back at Nicole's puzzled look, "No, he is bringing one of his employees with him and he wants to help keep him company while we're together."

"Um, so I am going to be stuck with someone I don't know and it's going to be a guy?"

"Nicole, it will be alright. Ramon is a good guy and just bring some board games with you and it should be fun." Jade smiled.

"Well, I guess, but you know how I get around guys. Is he cute?" Nicole asked.

"Don't think about it, just be you."

"Myself is not cool and the fact that you told me don't think about it must mean that he is cute." Jade snickered a little and put her hands on Nicole's shoulders.

"Nicole everything will be okay, just enjoy it. Now go upstairs and get ready."

"Oh, great. I don't know anything about this guy and yet you are bringing me around him."

"You trust me enough to know that I wouldn't bring anyone around you."

"That and I trust James enough." Nicole smiled just before rushing upstairs.

Jade was about to follow but heard the door. She knew it wasn't James because he would have called. She went over to the door and didn't think about checking before she opened the door, otherwise she would have never opened it. She sighed seeing Dante's face staring back at her, his hands in his pocket. The smile immediately left her face as she put her hands on her hips.

"What do you want?" she asked trying to make him as uncomfortable as she could.

"I just want talk right quick Jade, nothing to upset you, just talk." He pleaded.

"You can talk from right there." She quickly replied.

"Come on Jade, we go back further than that don't we?" she still stood there unmoved, "Alright then, I just wanted to apologize to you."

"Go on." She said thinking how sweet this was right now.

"I know I was wrong for how I treated you. I messed up and I wanted to tell how sorry I really am for everything that I put you through. I had a good thing and I messed it up."

"That you did."

"I know that, so what I wanted to just say that."

"You can't get me back Dante." Jade sighed.

"No, I know that now. If James makes you happy," he said as if it left a bitter taste in his mouth, "then I have no choice but to be happy for you."

"Thank you, that's really big of you."

"But I was thinking Jade, we use to be pretty good friends before we got involved and I messed up. Is there anyway we can be friends again?"

She sighed, "I don't know Dante. I don't know if that's best for us right now. I don't want anything to jeopardize my relationship now."

He lowered his head and said, "Well I definitely don't want to do anything to damage that."

"Well look, anytime you need me, let me know and I will see what I can do."

"Thanks Dante. Well, I will see you around." She said putting her hand on the door.

"Okay then, see you around Jade." He said and turned on his heels to walk off.

She watched him get into his car and take one last look at Jade before driving off. Well, that wasn't as painful and she pictured it to be. She closed the door and leaned against it. Well, that was one headache that she didn't have to worry about. She shook her head and hurried upstairs to get ready. After packing, James showed up later to pick up the girls. Jade ran into his arms and gave him a big hug and kiss. Well this was new, James thought to himself as he held her tight.

"What was that for, baby?" he asked.

"Just because. I have everything ready for this weekend."

"Good, I went to the store and got us enough food for the weekend." James said setting her down on her feet.

Jade looked past him at his truck and saw something in the back cab, "What is that?" she said pointing at it.

"That is my motorcycle I told you I was working on." He smiled grabbing one of her bags.

"I can see that, but what are you doing with it?"

"I want to take it out for a awhile and you are going to ride with me." He said loading her bag in.

"Oh no, no, no. With my hair, I am not getting on that thing." She said crossing her arm.

He sighed, walked over to her, and pulled her towards him, "It's not up for debate baby."

He said and pressed his lips against hers, possessing her mouth with his tongue. Jade leaned against him, holding on to his shoulders for balance. She definitely loved his kisses. She didn't imagine anything that could be so good and sinful. He pulled away and her eyes fluttered open looking up at his crystal blue eyes. She looked so beautiful when she stared at him like that. Her eyes could pierce right through him and it made him want to take her any way possible he could.

"Okay, I don't want to see anything that I would have to go to therapy for." Nicole said walking outside and Jade pulled herself away from him slowly.

"If you do, don't worry I know a real good therapist for half price." Jade smiled as James went to go help Nicole with her bags, "Where is Ramon?"

"He is going to meet us there. He had some stuff with his apartment to take care of." James said and helped Nicole in the backseat.

"Well, I will be back here writing and please people, don't gross me out." Nicole said before James slammed the door and she started laughing.

"I'm going to get her later." James said shaking his head.

"Oh you know you like having her around."

"I do and I like I said before I would do anything for her and for you too." He said helping her inside the truck.

She smiled at him as he closed the door, "Eww, you have a big goofy grin on your face." Nicole teased and Jade reached back there for her as Nicole tried to maneuver away from her outstretched arm.

The ride took a couple of hours before James reached the destination. It was just like they told him it was the sandy beach and the awesome view. Jade and Nicole instantly fell in love with the waves crashing. He knew that she would love it. He finally recognized the condo that in front of the beach. It was a pretty nice space that was two stories. It reminded Jade of the bed and breakfast from Nights in Rodanthe movie.

"James what is this?" Jade asked.

"Remember my sergeant that I told you about? He wants me to work on it possibly repairing some small things and said that we can use it on the weekends till he sells it."

"This is his?" Nicole asked.

"Sort of, it belongs to his family but it has been past down through some generation."

"That's why Ramon is coming."

"Yea, he can help me with things like this." He said pulling up to the place.

Nicole was the first one to jump out and make a dash to the waterfront. Jade looked at the place and it was so pretty. It looked like it needed to be repainted and a few things done here and there, but it should be good. Gale would love to redecorate a place like this. James looked over at Jade as she stared at the place, eyes still big. Yea, he knew this place would be a perfect little getaway for them. It was also great because Nicole and Ramon would have their own room which means that her and James could be as far away from them as possible. She definitely belonged by the beach, something about it brought out a certain glow and happiness. He stared as a gust of wind came and caress her face moving her hair away from her face. She was just too beautiful for him, he thought as he stared lovingly at her.

"James, this is so amazing." She said looking back at him.

"He showed me it before a long time while we were on duty. I told him he needed to go ahead and get ready to open it back up. He didn't want too, but now he wants to get it pulled up again." He said grabbing a couple of things from the back.

"Well, he should it's a great location. So that's why you wanted Nicole to come too, you wanted her to keep me company."

"I knew I was going to be working on it for a little bit, but I want to also spend as much time with you as possible." He said as she settles next to his side. She smiled up at him, "You do?"

"Of course I do and you know there are a lot of rooms in this place, which means a lot of opportunities for us to break each one in." he leered and she started giggling.

"James, come on, these beds are probably old as dusty."

"Well that's why I told you to bring bed sheets and plenty of Lysol." He smiled, "Don't want anything happening to my princess." She smiled up at him and felt it on the tip of her tongue.

Just say it, just say the stupid phrase, she said berating herself. She opened her mouth but heard a car's engine pulling up. They both turned to see Ramon's black thunderbird heading their way. Saved by the worker, she sighed to herself. Ramon stepped out of the car and Jade noticed that when he was cleaned up, he wasn't bad looking. He kept his hair cut close to his head and he looked freshly shaved with his dark shades on. He was really clean looking in his jeans and a open black shirt with a white tank top under it. She could still see the tattoo of the numbers 332 right on his neck, but it didn't matter. He was a good looking guy once he was out of the shop.

"Man, you don't know what I had to go through to find this place." Ramon said as James came up to him.

"Good thing you made it here safely. Is everything okay?" James asked.

"Yea boss and thanks again for giving me the opportunity to get away. I really appreciate that."

"I told you Ramon, I don't want you caught back up in what you were doing. As soon as we can work something out, I'm going to get you away from that neighborhood." James said.

"Boss, I appreciate everything you have done for me so far. You gave me a job and that's more than enough."

"Well, I'm still going to do what I said." James said and Jade appeared at his side.

"Hey Ramon." She smiled.

"Hello Miss Jade, how are you doing?"

"I'm great, good to see you made it here alright."

"I do try. I was hoping to get away for a little bit and enjoy the beach and of course, work." Ramon said smiling at James.

"Well, I will try to be as painless as possible." James said and that's when Nicole ran up to them out of breath with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh my God, that was so cool. I love this place so far." She smiled between James and Jade not even paying attention to Ramon as he slowly took off his shades, staring at her.

"Nicole, how did you get your pants wet?" Jade asked.

"I was in the water, it felt great." She smiled and that's when she looked in front of her and her tongue got heavy.

"Oh yea, Nicole this is Ramon, the guy I was talking about and Ramon this is Nicole, Jade's sister." James introduced.

"Well, looks like you have been having a lot of fun out there." Ramon said flashing his killer smile which made Nicole giggle nervously.

Jade looked at her baby sister in shock and smiled to herself. Oh, she wasn't kidding when she said she gets nervous around guys she thinks are cute. Ramon's smile widened as he heard her giggle.

"I just like water." She stammered, "Hi, I'm..." she took two steps towards him with her extended hand and tripped over her own feet.

She would have fell face first if Ramon wasn't there to catch her, "Watch yourself Nikki." He said and she just nodded looking up at him.

"Okay, well let's get inside, quickly." James said looking over at Ramon and he quickly helped Nicole stand on her own feet.

The both watched as they grabbed some of the bags and headed to the door. Nicole sighed turning her head to the side and Jade couldn't help but laugh.

"What?" Nicole asked.

"You think someone is cute." Jade teased.

"No I don't. He just caught me off guard with being here." She said instantly clearing her throat.

"But I already told you that he was coming. Why would he catch you off guard if you knew he was coming?" Jade pressed.

"Okay, so maybe I was crushing on him for like a minute. He is really cute Jade and you expect me to keep him company. I'm going to be embarrassing myself during most of the weekend."

Myanlass
Myanlass
1,024 Followers