Rough Cut Ch. 05

Story Info
Ian has a problem - Sammi & Debra win.
1.7k words
4.2
5.2k
00

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 03/23/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Five – Ian's Problems Multiply

Sherriff Sam Brooks sat back in his chair. All morning he had been reviewing reports from all of his departments. Although crime was generally down, his reports showed that drug related crime was on the rise. During his election campaign, he had promised the people of Greene County that he would do his best to eradicate drug related crime. Now he was beginning to think that was just wishful thinking.

Even with quietly planned raids, all he had managed to collect were local call girls and their johns. No drugs of any kind had been discovered. It was almost as if someone had prior knowledge of the planned raids.

In his mind, he began to review the staff involved in both the planning and execution of his most recent raid. He decided to call one of his less trusted Lieutenants who wasn't in on the raid or the planning to see if he could offer any insight. He was aware that Larry King was a long time resident of the county as well as the police force.

"Larry, Sam. Could you come up to my office?"

"Yes sir, I'll be right up."

Larry immediately placed a call on his personal cell phone to Ian.

"Good morning, Larry. What's up?"

"Ian, the Sherriff has just called me into his office. He's been reviewing the weekly reports and I think he's going to ask me about the raid."

"Don't panic, Larry. Do you remember the drill we did about four months ago? Just follow the guidelines of that drill and call me after the meeting, ok?"

"Ok, Ian. Will do. Bye."

Larry approached the Sherriff's office. His secretary, Mary, greeted him and told him to go right in.

"Good morning, Sherriff."

"Good morning, Larry. Please, have a seat. I understand that you grew up here, right?"

"Yes sir, right here in Oakdale. My wife and I met at the local high school and married right after graduation. "

"Is it fair to say that you're pretty much of an authority about local goings-on?"

"I guess so. Being a peace officer, I tend to notice things and I keep my ear to the ground, so to speak. Is there a problem, Chief?"

"I've been going over the latest department reports and frankly I'm puzzled. Overall crime is down but drug related crime is up. Even tho we have executed several raids on suspected drug dealers and premises, we have come up blank. I know you've not been in the loop on the latest raid but I wonder if you have any idea how we consistently miss the drugs. It's almost as if they have advance notice of our raids."

"Well, I suppose that's possible, Chief, but I think we're just up against a very well organized bunch. In this last raid, I understand you hit the Ponytail Bar and the Lone Star Motel, right?"

"Yes, and all we got were a few hookers and their johns. No drugs and only a little alcohol. I understand we even brought in a State Auditor as well."

"That's right, Ian Quinn. I pulled him out of the line when the van brought them in. I've known Ian for years and I know he doesn't do drugs. The Sargent in charge told me he didn't have a girl in his room either."

"If drugs are being distributed through the Ponytail, I'll bet they have a system to alert them to a raid. Something that allows them to quickly hide any drugs in the time it takes for the raiders to walk thru the door from their cars. The girls are almost certainly professional enough to hide any drugs at a table. Have you tried undercover men?"

"Yes, we have, Larry, but even they have come up empty. Here again, if there is any illegal activity, it doesn't happen when my undercover agents are there, almost like they are wearing badges on their shirts."

"Can I make a suggestion, Chief?"

"That's why you're here, Larry, shoot!"

"I suggest you have a talk with Ian Quinn, the State Auditor. Ian's has a reputation as an expert in systems and analysis. He might be able to help us set up a system that would catch these drug dealers. After all, that's his business for the State. Of course, you'd have to get permission to get him involved."

"Hmmm, good idea, Larry. I'll have to ask the Mayor before I move on this but I'm sure we can at least get permission to talk to him. Thanks, Larry, you've been most helpful."

"Right, Chief, Bye."

"Ian, Larry. Expect a call from somebody here requesting a meeting with the Chief. He's taking my suggestion to the Mayor."

"Good job, Larry, keep your head down."

It was almost a week before Ian got the request to meet with the Mayor of Oakdale and the Sherriff of Greene County. He scheduled the meeting for his next visit to Oakdale, then turned his attention to the looming Board meeting at Sammi's University.

At 9 am on a Thursday morning, the Board members began to assemble. At 9:45, Sammi and Debra took their seats in the waiting room, expecting to be called into the Board session. Promptly at 10 am, the Chairman of the Board called the meeting to order. After disposing of the normal business, the Chairman announced the special item on the agenda.

"It seems we have had a request from Dean Patterson to deal with a problem with two of our instructors, Sammi Quinn and Debra Allen. As you know, both of these women have been here quite a while and have excellent reputations as well as being up for tenure." "I understand that they and the Dean are in the anteroom. I suggest we call them in and let them tell us firsthand about the problem." The three of them were led into the meeting room and seated at the end of the table farthest from the Chairman.

"Dean Patterson, since you requested this meeting, I'll allow you to present your case first. Ladies, after the Dean has spoken, you each will be given a chance to refute anything he says. Following that, the Board members will be free to ask any questions before we begin our deliberations. You may begin now, Dean."

"Mr. Chairman and members of the Board. Firstly, let me say that about a week ago, the image you are about to see was flashed across the National news. Mr. Ian Quinn is clearly seen in the video being led into the police van following a raid on a bar and motel in Oakdale."

"When I called Mrs. Quinn into my office to discuss the matter, she flatly refused to discuss it, saying it was none of my business. When I later asked Ms. Allen about this subject, she also refused to discuss it, saying that it was a private matter between Mr. and Mrs. Quinn."

"It is well known that Mrs. Quinn is an employee of this University and therefore the actions of her husband are equally viewed as her actions. Furthermore, her outright refusal to discuss this matter, as well as Ms. Allen's refusal is a direct affront to my authority as Dean. In view of their apparent joint agreement to rebuff my request for additional information, I respectfully request that they be terminated for cause."

"Mrs. Quinn, would you care to comment?"

"Yes, I would. In the first place, Ian Quinn is not employed by this University but by the State, therefore his actions are of no consequence to the operations of this University. Secondly, Dean Patterson did not quite clearly convey the details of our meeting. I have this tape I would like to play for the Board, if I may."

Sammi placed her cell phone on the table and hit "play". When the short tape was over, she continued.

"I don't have a tape of the Dean's most recent conversation with Ms. Allen but I have been told it was along the same lines. As you heard, Dean Patterson directly threatened both me and my upcoming tenure consideration in blatant violation of his authority. In my opinion, that amounts to extortion."

"Finally, if the good Dean had bothered to call the Mayor of Oakdale, he would have discovered that Ian Quinn was not charged or held in connection with the raid. He was immediately released from police custody and his possessions returned to him with apologies from the local Chief of Police. In effect, Dean Patterson's assertions of any wrongdoing on the part of any of the three of us are completely unfounded."

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Board, Do you have any further questions? No? Well, then, if the three of you will excuse us, we will meet in Executive Session for a few moments to discuss this information. We'll call you back shortly."

Sammi and Debra left the room ahead of the Dean. None of them spoke while they waited in the anteroom. Less than fifteen minutes later, they were summoned to the main room.

"We, the members of the Board of Regents of this University, are in full and complete agreement as to the disposition of this case. It is our opinion that the real problem here is the ego of Dean Patterson. You, sir, have overstepped your bounds and acted outside the express authority of your contract. We are therefore effecting the following steps, to be executed immediately."

"One, Mrs. Quinn and Ms. Allen will be awarded tenure effective immediately. Two, Dean Patterson will be censured and required to take a 30 day leave of absence without pay. Three, the Assistant Dean, Mr. Thomas Ross, will take over as Interim Dean immediately."

"It is the opinion of the Board that Dean Patterson should seek counseling in light of this matter. His reinstatement as Dean will be reconsidered at the next meeting of the Board. This meeting is adjourned."

Sammi and Debra were overjoyed to say the least. They quickly left the meeting room and Sammi immediately called Ian to tell him the good news. Ian advised the women to meet him at the restaurant by the river to celebrate. The three of them reached the parking lot almost simultaneously and Ian hugged Sammi first and then Debra, amid hoops of joy from the women.

"Hey, this sounds like a party. Can I join in?"

"Hi, Rick! Of course, Debra and I have just been granted tenure at the University and the Dean has been censured for being an ass. Come along and we'll tell you the whole story."

"Great! I love a good story!"