Running On Empty

Story Info
A Passion for the Pace.
1.1k words
4.41
9.5k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MSTarot
MSTarot
3,110 Followers

Why did I start to run?

I don't think I really even know.

I guess ...that maybe it might have been to get into shape. I'm sure that was the start of it. I was feeling rather poorly about the way I looked in the mirror.

Then I saw her.

I have no idea what her name is. I've never worked up the courage to do more than smile at her as we run past each other in the park.

I had seen her for years before I got started running. She would be jogging down the side of the road as I drove by. I saw her many a mornings as I went to get breakfast at the Arches, or the King. It was often a surprise to me how far she would make it in the time I was sitting in the drive through.

Anyway, I decided to get off my growing butt and put shoe to road one day. That I managed to do it again on the second day is a tribute to painkillers not to my persistence.

I did notice that after I got up and moved, I stopped hurting.

Till I stopped.

Well somehow I managed to get that one foot in front of the other thing worked out and here I am.

In hopeless love with a girl I can't make my fool self talk to.

What does she look like? Well she's a runner so she's skinny. Wiry, might be a better description for her. There is a lot of muscle tone on her legs and she's not lacking in the womanly curves, they're just...honed down to fit her passion for the pace.

At the moment she's about a half-mile in front of me. This long straight country road gets little traffic so we're alone for the most part.

I wonder about her. I mean she runs all the time. Is she a marathon runner? She's got the body and pace for it. Hell half the time when I'm dropping into a walking step, to let burning muscles ease up, she's still going for another ten miles.

As we pass the long row of mailboxes and take the little turn I can already feel my calves starting to burn. There is a rise in grade here. If I was in my car I would just hit the gas and up it I would go... no strain... no pain... no effort.

Maybe that's what got me to start running. Life was too easy. It was just coasting by on four wheels.

I see her pick up the pace as she starts up the grade.

Passing the last mailbox I decide that I've let far too much of life pass me by. I want to know her name. I want to know why she runs. I want to...

I want to hold her in my arms and kiss her.

It's like an overpowering urge to do the impossible. I feel it settle around me with the same type of warmth that lead me out onto the roads in the first place. I want to hold her in my arms, her body tight and hot from running. I want to smell the sweat, I want to feel her damp hair under my fingers. I want to tell her my name and hear her tell me hers.

Then I want to taste her lips.

I want to know if she has passion in her for more than the steady pace of running. Will a simple kiss from me awaken new passions in her or will I find myself running alone? Will so simple a thing as a kiss drive her from the familiar roads we have traveled down together?

I have to know!

Sucking air faster and deeper than I have ever done, I saturate my blood with it. As my feet hit the bottom of the grade I look up and see her halfway up it, her pace again has doubles. She's all but sprinting for the top of the hill.

I leave my normal step by step and lengthen my stride. The tips of my toes catching the gravel roadbed and digging in. Every step almost a pole-vault over my toes, I grab at the gravel with the next foot and then do the same again.

The cold morning air starts to chill my lungs and burn as I pass the halfway mark. Glancing up I see her nearing the top!

I dig into a place in myself I didn't know I had till then. A place of bone and marrow but at the same time it's power never harnessed. It comes to my call ready and willing to give everything in this time of need.

I will know her, I will hold her in my arms and I will kiss her!

These things that I have long wanted will happen if I just run faster, if I top the hill just as she does! If I push to the very last I will make it to her side and together we will stride by stride go down the other side. Our pace will slow to a walk to cool ourselves. I will look in her eyes as I pant. She will look over to me and I will smile. It will be the start that will lead to what I want. Just one step at a time like everything but I know ...I know, it will be enough.

Breathing like a bellows, my pulse racing, my heart a thunder in my chest... I top the hill!

She's maybe ten feet from me as I skid in the gravel to a halt. She's leaned forward panting for every breath. Her eyes are on her feet. She purses her lips to blow out each breath giving the morning air a goodbye kiss as it leaves her mouth.

She glances up at me, sucking air for all I'm worth. A smile forms on her lips and she slowly stands up, drawing a deep breath into her chest. I watch her breasts rise, the nipples straining out the thin sweat soaked shirt.

"Hi.... I'm Jill." She says with hardly breath to talk.

I try to respond but have to take several deep breaths before I can. She grins at me. I grin back.

"Hello... I'm Jack."

She glances down the hill to a long driveway and a house that's set off the road.

"That's my place...would you like something to drink, Jack?"

I nod slowly.

"Water would be great." I say after a second just looking at her.

"Come on." she gestures with her head. I notice that she waits till I'm beside to start down.

Following her down the hill, my heart is a tumble.

MSTarot
MSTarot
3,110 Followers