Running Scared Ch. 02

Story Info
In which a scared run-away finds a home.
2.5k words
4.58
14.1k
8

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/01/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story feels like it's going to be fairly long, sorry for those of you looking for instant gratification.

The following story is a work of fiction. Any resemblance between these character and events and any real person or events is strictly coincidental.

Do not reproduce or copy this story without the consent of the author.

The following story contains lesbian sex so if that isn't your cup-of-tea, I suggest you try another story. Thank you for reading

*One quick correction: In the first one, I listed Camille's last name as "Leung" it should have been "Chien"

~~~~~~~~

Long moments passed as Camille stood, open-mouthed with shock. 'Well,' she thought dazedly, 'there you go. Next time someone wants to take on a 350 kilo cyborg, I'll tell them: why go to the expense of hiring me? All you need is some deadboard and a teenage skimmer.' The crash as another chunk of steel lost its battle with gravity shook her out of her bemused contemplation. Groaning as she began internal damage assessments, she cautiously inspected Orion's unconscious body. How the hell had that little slip of a girl managed this? Camille knew the specs and capabilities of the EM pulsar she had used and there was no way it could have gotten through his EMP shielding where her pulse knives hadn't. His body emitted another gush of steam, drawing her eyes down to his right side.

Oh. Of course. Camille felt like an idiot for missing something so obvious as she stared at the torn flesh and mangled armor of his right side. The shaped charge the first Hunter had hit him with had torn open a hole she could have put her head through. Handheld EMPs' were designed to be used against rogue droids and cyborgs and burn straight through limited shielding. When applied directly to human flesh...

She pulled herself out of reverie and drew the tools of her trade to keep him helpless and under control. Razor-wire bindings, electro-disruptors, muscle relaxants, neural restraints. Camille worked steadily, pausing only to send a quick pulse to her contact alerting them of the completion of her assignment.

A quiet groan drew her attention to the girl again. She was stirring weakly and Camille took a moment to look her over. Though traces of steam were still curling up from her thin frame, her implant could detect nothing immediately life-threatening. Overcome by a sudden need to see her rescuer's face, the Huntress knelt and smoothed filthy blond locks away from a face that was young, but already pinched and thinned by starvation.

Acting on a hunch, Camille queried her illegally obtained register. As she thought, the girl was an orphan. Looked like the parents hadn't been around much for her, and then they got fragged in the crossfire between Wheelers and the Razorheads. Huh. Interesting though, she had scars on her neck that indicated someone had taken the trouble to tag her with a tracer. The girl had been taken in and from the remains of her cover-all and the cybe' implants she sported, she'd been taken care of by someone for a time...why would they do that? The dark-haired beauty knew the vicious thugs who prowled New York II's Old Town never did anything out of the goodness of their hearts, and from the looks of the girl, they surely weren't after her for sex. There was a bit of a mystery here, and seeing as the girl had just saved her life, Camille intended to keep an eye on her.

~~~~~~~~

Wake.

Pain.

Wake.

Pain..

Wake. Pain. Wake. Wakepainwakepain WAKE-UP!

The girl's eyes flew open and pure instinct had her rolling off the mattress tripping a very surprised Camille and sending a tray of something crashing to the floor.

"Wha-"

The small blond didn't wait, having been this situation before, she recognized the sluggish feeling of pain-killers and various anti-biotics working through her system. Scrambling to her feet, she noted absently that she had been cleaned and her various scrapes and bruises had healed. Heedless of her nudity, she managed half-a dozen stumbling steps towards the door, a raging headache from the voice screaming at her and severely hampering her movement when it felt like a cyclone hit her.

She was whirled around and in one movement lifted and pinned to the bed.

"Ok, what the fuck do you think you're doing?"

The girl stared, her clear blue eyes dilated slightly with stress and wonder at the vision the dark Huntress presented. Crouched above her was a raven-haired goddess: dark, flashing almond shaped eyes, a slightly upturned nose and a pair of full lips, currently pursed in annoyance.

She stared up at her captor, gasping for breath. Even the slight exercise had combined with stress to send a burn through her wasted muscles. Frightened, confused, and oddly aroused all at the same time, she did what anyone would have done in her place.

Those incredible eyes narrowed slightly, suspecting a ruse as the little blond began to sob; the quiet, shaking tears that didn't draw unwanted attention on the streets. With a sigh, the lithe Huntress released her hands and sat her up, cradling her against her chest, soothing and stroking the little one's back as the small blond clung to her.

Huddled up in her rescuer's arms, the girl began feel an easing of the pressure in her mind. The same voice that had never led her wrong was telling her that her time of running and hiding was finally over. Safe in the knowledge that she could finally begin to let down her defenses, the girl started to calm down. She felt oddly peaceful now, so safe, so warm. Her shudders gradually tapered off to the occasional suppressed hiccup.

"Better now?"

A shaky nod.

A quiet grunt. "Ready to let go?"

A quick shake of the head and those thin arms tightened around her.

"Ok, ok, calm down little miss."

The girl felt her care-taker sigh and slowly settle them until the Huntress was on her back, strong arms holding her close. Almost purring with pleasure, the young girl snuggled against the soft curves of her goddess' body.

~~~~~~~~

Camille lay on her back, the young runaway almost wrapped around her, humming with contentment as she cuddled. She was bewildered by how quickly this girl had trusted her. It was her personal experience that street waifs were considerably closer to animal in their instinctive wariness of anything that moved than human. The way her charge had reacted was unlike anything she'd ever heard of and the quick swing from attempted flight to obsessive clinginess was more than a little confusing. And just a little...arousing. Camille had known for a long time that she was both a lesbian, and tended towards dominance. Feeling a naked young woman nestling so trustingly against her was appealing to each and every last one of her sexual instincts and it was taking a fair amount of will to not to take advantage of the situation.

She sighed heavily as she began to contemplate the logistics of caring for her new...pet was the word that flashed through her mind, causing her lips to curve in a slight smile. There was the sound of movement, and Camille felt a change in the pressure on her chest. She glanced down and was momentarily stunned by the pair of amazingly beautiful eyes staring worshipfully up at her.

Ruefully acknowledging that she was letting this little waif disturb her more than she'd admit to anyone, the dark Huntress settled back into the pillows, her hands absently stroking her adoring charge as her mind wandered back over the last week.

~~~~~~~~

With a grunt, Camille finished tightening the last of the bindings she had been applying to the fallen behemoth. Standing back a pace, she surveyed her handiwork, and still felt a trifle uneasy. She had injected enough muscle relaxants and sedatives to keep an elephant down, there were electro-disruptors inserted into all his major cybernetic systems, and for good measure, he was trussed up like a hog in impervo-wire. In spite of all this, she wasn't going to relax until he was a couple hundred kilometers away from her and safely locked up in a nice padded cell.

A low hum announced the arrival of a VTOL, floodlights glaring, driving back the encroaching crowd. She thought wryly that this should have been some sort of cinematic as her contact descended.

Fussy and precise, Thorn was a middle-man who specialized in clients who wished persons or property to be detained with a minimum of fuss, and complete confidentiality. She had reluctantly come to realize that she rather liked him for his dry humor and scrupulous fairness in all their deals. He was slim and pale, his fair hair always neatly trimmed and his patrician features rarely deviated from their neutral expression.

Raising an eyebrow at her, he snapped his fingers and a team of black-armored enforcers fanned out and began maneuvering Orion's still twitching body onto a grav-sled.

"Well I must say Ms. Chien, I certainly didn't expect you to complete your assignment quite so quickly, nor indeed in such spectacular fashion."

Gesturing to the gaping wound in the targets side, he asked how in the world she had managed it. Explaining briefly the particulars of the fight, her eyes narrowed slightly and her voice took on a slight edge.

"Thorn, did the client deliberately withhold information? The target's EMP-shielding and re-boot time was about 80% better than their info, yet I was told that the specs were less than a week old."

His slight frown was the average person's equivalent of a snarl of rage.

"You were given incorrect data? Data that I certified?"

At her nod, his face smoothed back into its' normal lack of expression. A slim hand darted into his jacket and withdrew a hand-held computer. He entered a few commands, nodded to himself and handed it to her.

"Will this sum suffice as compensation?"

Camille was stunned. He'd paid her the heavy fee she'd earned for the Rhino's capture, plus a bonus that would cover her expenses for the next month. She realized just how highly he valued her services if he was willing to pay that kind of credit out over a matter that was really not his fault. Quickly accepting, Camille mentioned the involvement of the little blonde and her intention to take her in until further notice. Nodding absently at her, Thorn surveyed the scene and its attendant damages.

"There will be a considerable bill of damages for this assignment it seems."

"You're telling me. I sure hope your client has deep pockets. I think the last blast cracked the utility mains."

With his mind clearly elsewhere, Thorn nodded again.

"It matters little to them the cost of this incident. Orion is a rapist and murderer, Ms. Chien you have helped to take a very dangerous man off the streets."

She shrugged. It didn't really matter to her, one way or another. She was a Huntress. She received her targets, completed her assignments, and collected her fee. Whatever their crimes or the grievances held against them, she would bring them in for whatever justice they faced, people didn't actually matter to her that much. Camille did know about paying her debts though. The little blonde crumpled up on the sidewalk had saved her life; the least she could do to show her gratitude was to care for her a bit.

~~~~~~~~

Camille's reverie was broken by the sudden wriggling of the girl on top of her. Eyes the color of a clear sky now gazed up at her, filled with worry at the disturbance she had caused. Seeing that the puzzled woman hadn't indicated any disapproval, the waif resumed her silent wiggling, slowly sliding down and pulling out of the circle of her arms. An eyebrow rose in silent query as the girl pulled herself to a sitting position.

The dark-haired Huntress felt a pang of reflexive sympathy. Although she had seen the girl's naked body over the past week as she had cleaned and bandaged her, it hadn't really struck her just how thin the girl was.

Although her ribs no longer stood out in stark prominence, her chest and belly were still sunken and her arms, though no longer the wasted sticks they had been, were covered by a very tenuous layer of muscle. Standing in the doorway, the girl seemed stricken by a sudden bout of modesty, covering her small breasts and wispy pubes with her hands. In response to the unspoken question, she glanced into the hallway, then back at her protector, quick swivels of her head accompanied by a fidgety little dance that made Camille smile in sudden recognition of her charge's predicament.

"Second door on the right."

With a grateful smile, the girl dashed down the hallway. Moments later, a sigh of relief was accompanied by the quiet tinkling making the grinning woman on the bed double up in silent laughter.

The sudden patter of bare feet on the carpet was the only warning Camille had before a weight fell on top of her. The girl, astonishingly energetic in light of her near starvation, was burrowing under the covers again, causing Camille to continue chuckling; the little thing was just too cute. She stiffened abruptly when she felt warm breath on her bare skin. Somehow, amidst the squirming, the girl had not only gotten under the covers with her, but had somehow managed to get inside of the roomy shirt she was wearing!

"Alright, now look here you-"

She was abruptly speechless the girl wrapped herself firmly around her, arms worming their way underneath her body. Not quite done it seemed, the girl continued wriggling upwards until she was tucked quite firmly under the dark woman's chin.

Camille gave in. It just wasn't worth it to dislodge the adorable little thing from where she was, all warm and wrapped around her. She wrapped her arms around the other girl's body and stroked her soothingly, producing that contented humming.

"Alright kid, do you have a name I can call you?"

That still-too-thin face poked out from the collar of her over-sized shirt.

"Don't like to talk much do you?"

Camille noted that she herself was talking quite a bit more than she usually did with relative strangers, mostly to distract herself from the fact that she had a nude young woman nestled in between her breasts.

Amused by the continuing silence from the little blonde, she asked, "Well I do think I am due a response of some kind. Idid take you in and clean you up, you've been out for about a week and let me tell you little one, you were pretty close to- AH!"

The girl had suddenly tilted her face down and planted a kiss right in the valley of the shocked Huntress' breasts. The sensations had caused her back to arch and she threw back her head at the blast of desire that those soft lips generated. Through the haze of her sudden arousal, Camille felt another rush of sensation as the girl began spoke in a soft contralto, her lips never leaving her rescuer's skin.

"Kita. My name is Kita."