Russian Winter: CATU Book 2 Ch. 09

Story Info
Death when least expected.
2.1k words
9.1k
2
0

Part 8 of the 17 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/18/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gaborone, Botswana

I am reporting to you from Gaborone, Botswana. Many of the cities including Pretoria have been taken over and are now in control by the Russian/Chinese coalition. Many of the people fought back against the invaders and were easily killed. The soldiers left the bodies in the streets as an example.

With the borders secured, no traffic can go in or out of the country. This reporter was able to make it out just in time. However, sadly one of my camera men, Bruce Riley, was killed in crossfire.

It is hard to say what is going to happen here. My sources say that the island of Madagascar is now in complete control of the coalition and it appears South Africa will follow the same fate.

I will continue to provide coverage as best as I can. This is Barbara Sandies reporting to you live from Gaborone."

——

Three trucks bearing the logo Floyd's Movers head toward Bliss, Idaho. Traffic is a bit of a hassle, at least for the bigger vehicles. The blockade ahead has a pull off area where National Guardsmen are doing searches.

"I hope this idea works," Jimmy Chan says a little nervously.

"Commander Chi says his American contact guarantees us getting through hassle free," Adam Chou replies.

"It's about time we show these Americans something. They think they can police everyone," Chan rambles, not really paying much attention to the road.

"The Americans will learn respect," Chou replies.

"What I don't like are these creatures we have to work with. I'll follow General Wei and bring glory to China, but I refuse to go beyond that," Chan continues.

"General Wei knows what he is doing. He wouldn't risk so much if he thought otherwise," Chou says.

As the trucks rolls closer to the blockade, the soldier directing traffic waves them on when he sees the logo. His orders where simple: trucks with the Floyd Movers logo passed through with no questions asked. He thought it was odd, but orders weren't to be questioned, only followed.

Both men in the cab smile in elation as they pass through into the city.

"We made it through without trouble Commander," Chou calls over the radio.

Commander Chi gives his acknowledgment. He too with his team had passed into Billings Montana.

"That is why we can strike the Americans, they have no loyalty to their country," Chou says.

Both men laugh.

——

Julius Claude decides to take the train back to headquarters. The ride gives him time to meet with another member of Black List.

The Black List is a secret organization comprising of people who fight the war against demons. They track and hunt demons, develop weapons to fight and aid others like themselves. It was also a good way to find out information that was hard to find.

St. Petersburg was the first stop for the train and where he was to meet his contact. Claude heads from the train station one block over to a small street café. His contact is sitting at a table farthest from any of the others. He is dressed in plain street clothes and appears to not be carrying any weapons, but looks can always be deceiving.

Claude recognizes the man and joins him. "Morning Victor," Claude says shaking the man's hand.

"How was the ride?" Victor asks.

"More comfortable than a plane. What do you have?"

"It appears Major Maykov has turned over to the KGB, like you suspected."

"Interpol will be happy to know that."

"It runs deeper though. It appears the Prime Minister may be pulling the KGB's strings."

Claude smiles. "So what else is new?"

"How about the Prime Minister working closely with Black Dragon?"

Victor slides a set of photographs showing Alexander Chernoff and Sergey Stalockavich meeting at a restaurant.

"These authentic?" Claude asks.

Grinning, Victor says, "I took them myself. I don't know what they spoke about, but they seemed too friendly to be enemies."

"Any Intel from Sarai?"

"Last time she reported in was three days ago. She said her Chinese contact may have been compromised and she was going to make her way to Hong Kong. The extraction team said she never showed."

"Damn. What does Martin say?"

Martin Sternigan, current leader of Black List. Members were allowed to handle things in their own way, but ultimately he was the final word.

"Right now it's too hot to send a team in. She's either been captured or killed. I volunteered to go alone, but Martin won't have it."

"Fuck, we've been losing too many people lately. She's one of our best," Claude laments.

"I've known her for eleven years and it's hard not to follow orders and rush in there after her," Victor says, looking away briefly.

The train blows its whistle. Claude looks at his watch to see he has almost two minutes to catch the train. He gets up and places a hand on Victor's shoulder.

"Hang in there Victor. She's a strong fighter; she'll make it out of there."

Victor doesn't reply except to nod his head. Claude gives a nod back then heads for the station.

——

C'mon Sam, the bus leaves in three minutes," Spencer says as he rushes to the elevator.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," she yells back.

He holds the door open so Sam can slide in. They were waiting all morning for Maykov to give them the bus number and time. It wasn't until a few minutes ago she had contacted them.

"Why such short notice?" Sam asks, knowing Spencer was at a loss as well.

"Don't know, but at least the station is within walking distance," he replies.

The elevator stops at the ground floor. As they run out, Spencer tosses the key to the desk staff. "We're checking out, short notice," he yells as they went through the doors.

They make it to the station just before the bus closes the doors and leaves.

——

They are twenty-five miles from Novosibirsk and so far the trip was colorful with scenery. The bus is outfitted with tires made for the conditions they now traveled. Sam looks out the window and sees the pristine blue water of the river a hundred feet below the ridge the bus is now traveling on.

The driver suddenly slams the brakes as something big slams into the side of the bus. The driver trying to control the bus, attempts to avoid slamming into the cliff face. The passengers are thrown in all directions, everyone reaching for something to grab hold of.

With the multitude of people and their own attempts to steady themselves, it is hard for Sam and Spencer to see what was happening. The feeling that evil was here vibrates through Spencer's head. The feeling is more intense than he had ever felt before.

The bus suddenly comes to a halt as the driver finally gains control over it. The screams of the people quiet down as the dust settles. No attack comes and the only noise is that from the bus and a few people crying.

Then that's when Spencer sees it, the demon, as it slowly walks toward the bus. Spencer looks around ready for the people to begin screaming again, but when no one does, he realizes this demon is staying hidden. Most demons only allowed themselves to be seen when they want to be. The only people they could not hide from were ones with abilities like Spencer's.

Spencer turns to Sam. "Start getting these people off the bus."

"What's going on?" She asks.

"Demon."

"My Russian is a little rusty, but I'll see what I can do," she says.

Spencer nods and begins making his way to the beginning of the bus as Sam starts getting the people prepared to exit. He steps off the bus and draws his gun. As he gets a better look at the demon approaching, he notices he has never encountered one like this before. An aura of raw power radiates off it, flooding Spencer's senses. If not for the radiating power, he would have assumed the demon to have been a creature of Hades, because of the horns that set upon its head.

Spencer feels an unsettling feeling in his stomach, but he brushes it off. Curious, he asks who the demon is, but the demon just keeps walking slowly toward the bus. Then he suddenly stops and raises his hand, causing Spencer to react and aim his gun at him. A fire burns in the demon's eyes and Spencer fires several shots at him. As if noticing him for the first time, the demon growls and bats away the bullets.

The thorn in my side. I shall pluck you free and cast you down to the pits of suffering.

Spencer couldn't begin to decipher what the demon meant, but he gathers his courage and opens up again until the clip runs dry. Once again the demon bats the bullets away. He lifts itself in the air with a massive set of wings and flies straight at Spencer.

The demon flies past him, knocking him into the wall. Spencer lands hard, feeling his ribs snap from the impact. He can hear the sound of the people on the bus talking amongst themselves. He focuses hard to listen for Sam yelling for him over the people.

"Spence! Spence! The doors and windows are jammed, we can't get out!" she yells.

He can hear shots as Sam fires at both the windows and doors. They hold tight as if made of bullet proof material and tank armor.

"I'm coming," he tries to yell, but his cracked ribs made it hard to take a deep breath. He pulls himself to his feet and starts to make his way toward the bus, looking for the demon in the process. It's not until he hears laughter that he knows where the demon is.

Spencer turns reaching for his gun, forgetting he'd lost it when he was thrown into the wall. The demon stands on the top of the ridge looking down at Spencer and the bus full of people. Foolish human, you are no match for me and you have no power to save these people. Before the day is out you will come to understand suffering and learn to keep out of our business.

Anger fuels his rage, his muscles burn like fire, but he is also outmatched. Focusing on Sam and the people trapped inside the bus, he run over to it in an attempt to get the doors opened. "I'm going to get you out Sam!" he yells.

"Help these people first Spence!" Sam yells back.

He turns and picks up a rock and begins banging it against the windows without any progress.

"C'mon damn it!" he yells.

The demon stands looking down, laughing. Pitiful human, you may as well give up. Your attempts will do nothing to save them.

The demon clenches his fist and the face of the cliff explodes into dozens of car sized boulders. The rocks slide down what remains of the cliff wall toward the bus.

"Son of a bitch!" Spencer yells in frustration. He was not going to leave Sam and these people to that kind of fate. He begins beating the windows as hard as he can, ignoring the waves of pain his ribs send out.

"Go Spence, save yourself," Sam says.

"I'm not leaving you!" he yells back.

The first bits of rock pelt him and the bus. He turns to see he is out of time and jumps clear. He lands and rolls up just in time to see the bus slide over the cliff into the ravine below.

Running over to the cliff he watches the bus explode onto the rocks in the river below. He screams in rage. The pain rolls over him engulfing him in darkness. The last thing he sees before blacking out is the demon still standing on the top of the cliff smiling.

——

Claude is enjoying a glass of wine, starring off into the scenery when he feels the presence of evil. He notices what looks like a man in military uniform watching him. He sets down his glass and casually walks past the man and enters the next car. Without looking back he carries on into the next two, then finally into the luggage car and waits.

If the man was really following him, he'd show and Claude would be ready for him. He pulls out his gun and positions himself next to the side of the door. His abilities don't alert him fast enough. As he turns to face the threat, he feels something wet splash down his legs. As he looks down to see what the wetness is, he sees his intestines lying in a puddle at his feet. When he looks up, he only sees blackness as his eyes roll back into his head. Half a second later he drops into a heap.

Share this Story

Similar Stories

Mean Girls of Maplewood Ch. 00 Nerd is sexually assaulted and dominated by two cheerleaders.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Last Boy Scout Ch. 01 He can't resist helping anyone in need.in Group Sex
A Promise Kept Ch. 01 From an injured past comes a beautiful future.in Romance
Path of the Necromancer Ch. 01 Ian is hunted and meets the women who will change his life.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Fate of Terra Ch. 01 Introduces Michael and sets the stage. (no-sex chapter)in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories