Sadness

Story Info
Love found and lost.
932 words
4.15
10k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Notes: This Story is completely true and from the heart

Dedication: To my real life best friend

*

It was 2 in the morning I had been laying in my bed for hours unable to sleep, my mind kept replaying a scene from five years ago, my prom, it was suppose to be the happiest day of our lives, but for me it was the day that I broke a girls heart. She was my advisor, my confidant, but most of all she was my friend, and today I broke her heart. The prom was winding down and I made a stupid mistake one that has plagued me for the past five years, I met up with my ex-girl friend and danced the last dance with her. after the prom we got back onto the buses and left to go home. the whole ride back she would not look at me nor speak to me. when I got back I drove her home and still she would not look at me or say anything. High school ended and I left to pursue a career in the military.

When I came home I found out that my girlfriend, the one I had danced with at the prom, had left me for another guy. I was alone, I had lost my girlfriend and my best friend, as time passed I regretted my decision that night.

I ran into my friend two months ago on the bus, she had changed, when I knew her she was overweight, but now she had shed all of it. There is no way to say this that won't make me sound like a jerk, so I'm just going to say it, she was hot, her outside now matched her insides We talked the whole bus ride but I knew that it could never be the same again. We exchanged numbers and agreed to call one another soon, I called her last week and we talked until the sun came up, we talked about everything imaginable it was then she told me that her mother and father had passed away not that long ago. For a while after that we talked on the phone or hung out. One night we were hanging out at her place and I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I kissed her, and she kissed me back. After a while of making out on her couch we both fell asleep. I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 1 in the morning, I went to my bag and pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote her a short note, and left it on a pillow next to her. after that night I tried to call her, and left her messages and sent her emails but she rarely responded and when she did it was very brief.

After looking for her for a long time she called me out of the blue on Saturday and told me that she was going to be at one of the bars in our town. I jumped in the shower, and shaved and picked out a nice set of clothes to wear. when I got to the bar she wasn't there yet, so I played a game of pool. halfway through my second game she came in. when she came into that bar it was like the gates of heaven opened up and let an angel out. we talked at the bar and I bought her a few drinks. she told me the reason that she comes to this bar on Saturdays it that I was Karaoke Night. After some encouragement she got me to sing a song, "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers. I sucked, I mean I really sucked, I'm glad there were only 3 people in the bar at the time. as the night wore on I got to hear her sing, it was beautiful her voice was soft and passionate as she sang. closing time came and I walked her back to her house, we said our good-byes and I went home. The next day I called her again but as before no response.

Christmas came and I gave her a call unexpectedly she answered, I invited her to my family's Christmas Eve party. We went to the party and had a great time, my family fell in love with her almost immediately and still ask about her to this day. I thought things were going great and maybe we could take our relationship to the next level, but it was not to be not to long ago I found out that she had starting dating someone new. and now her heart belongs to another, but deep down I know that there will always be a place for me

To this day I still talk to her but I know that what I dream about every night will never happen, but I will not give up. I gave up a long time ago and I have regretted to ever since. For a long time I have been kicking myself in the ass for my mistake, and she will not let me forget it she is so fond of saying "Kick, Kick , Kick " whenever I bring it up. She has told me repeatedly that I have to move on and forget about her, that there is some one out there for me, but for me I had the perfect girl and I let her slip though my fingers.

To "My best friend". After you read this, call me. I miss you.