Saint Ives Whelan Chronicles Ch. 13

Story Info
Memories and solutions.
4.9k words
4.76
26.6k
11
13

Part 14 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/20/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mokkelke
mokkelke
881 Followers

SIW : Christopher Saint Ives -- Whelan.

Here we are with the next chapter, i know it's been a while, but I had loads of family commitments and other things fighting for my attention. Thus this chapter has been proofed but has not received a final edit. I will get that sorted and resubmit when I have that, but I didn't want you all waiting any longer. Thanks go towards JazCullen for her wonderful skills and support, same goes for The Guild and my followers on the blog and in Tweetland. You'll probably complain it's a short chapter and not much "action" going on, but I felt the last two chapters were needed to make the story and the family background to work. I'll stop ranting now and leave you to enjoy the latest installment of SIW.

Hope you'll had a Merry Christmas and my best wishes for the new year to all!

Chapter Five: Memories and Solutions.

Merlin raced over to his daughter as he saw her slump down to the ground. Luckily her partner was someone with fast reflexes and had scooped her up in his arms before she even hit the ground. Merlin couldn't believe his eyes. His precious little fawn was back in his life after so many decades of separation. Without really realizing it he checked her over like he always used to do when she was near, but this time was different and it showed on his face.

He couldn't sense her, nor pick up the light vibrations that normally surrounded her. He started to panic when he couldn't see if she was ok though he knew she only fainted. With a lost look on his face he locked eyes with the dark tall man holding his daughter and silently pleaded.

Richard picked up the distress Merlin was feeling and after he briefly touched his mate's mind he reassured the other one, "She'll be fine, I think she didn't expect to see you here and she was caught by surprise. Have to say it's the first time someone has been able to shut her up so fast. Maybe you can drop by more often?"

That last was said with a hint of humor which made it more clear to Merlin that she would be fine.

"I'm sure she'll come around soon, she's a strong one." Holding her firmly close to his chest Richard then looked around and first extended his free hand towards Merlin, "It's nice to finally meet you, Sir. I'm Richard MacLachlan. Don't think there's a need to pretend in present company," he went on as he briefly look at his daughter standing next to a tall smirking man then focusing back on Merlin.

As if Merlin suddenly remembered his manners, he grabbed the man's hand and shook it firmly.

"Indeed, pretending certainly isn't needed here. Mia filled in most blanks before she contacted her mother. When Chris called early this morning I was thrilled to hear I had a granddaughter, I never could have hoped to be reunited with my daughter," Merlin replied.

He let go of Richard's hand and carefully stepped closer, scooting down next to his daughter. Tenderly he stroked her face and upon that touch that felt like dozens of tiny little electric sparks surrounding his hand, their connection was reestablished and a content feeling settled in his heart. A quick mental and physical scan assured him she was indeed doing just fine, about to come around even as he felt her mind battling its way to the surface.

Grabbing her hand now he waited in silence, just as all the rest were, for her to come around. After a few excruciating minutes Gwen's eyes fluttered open. The first she saw were her mate's loving eyes telling her everything was all right, then her gaze drifted to her other side.

"Da?" she said in a tiny voice.

A simple nod followed as answer and before anyone could see what happed Gwen had lunged herself in Merlin arms, toppling them both over on the ground. She was holding on for dear life not wanting to let go of her father even when she felt that old familiar chuckle emanating from his chest.

"Oh my precious little fawn, I have missed you so much," he whispered in her ear as he tightened their embrace. "I've looked all over for you but after a century or two I lost all hope. You can't imagine how I felt as Chris told me I had a granddaughter, and then hearing from her that you were still alive and doing well."

He couldn't help the tiny tear that slipped from his eye. All this time he had been alone and today he had gained a whole family and a whole pack. He knew the pack already considered him family because of his friendship with the Whelan brothers, but now this union only made it official. His heart was filled with joy and love for the people around him. He didn't care much that he lay on the ground rather ungracefully with his daughter half on top of him in a tight hug. All that mattered was that he had her back, his little fawn was back in his life.

After what seemed ages they disentangled themselves. Gwen blushed a bit, knowing the scene in front of the others would have appeared almost comical, but she didn't care, she had her father back.

"Da, I missed you so much. I went into hiding like you asked, I cloaked my identity like you taught me to, kept to myself. Then I found Richard in my back yard. Everything happened so fast at that time. I was glad you taught me so many things, that way Richard didn't surprise me so much when he said I was his mate. Since then it became second nature to cloak myself. Later when Mia was born and I noticed her powers I made sure both of them were able to do the same. Mia is special, Da. She's a perfect mix of both kinds, she's a true werewolf but she's Ancient like us too," Gwen explained rapidly, feeling that if she didn't say everything fast enough something would happen to spilt them up again.

Merlin had a surprised look on his face after the rushed explanation. He turned sideways looking at Chris, who was holding an emotional Mia to his side. A simple nod confirmed what his daughter had just told him and strengthened the belief that what she had done was the right thing. Lost for words he just hugged his daughter closer. Right now, none of it all mattered, what did matter was his family being reunited.

"Oh shoo, we must be quite the sight here, Da. Don't you think we should get up?" Gwen asked with laughter in her voice.

"That might be a good idea, you have to get of me though. I've forgotten how heavy you were," Merlin joked.

"So still the joker I see, you haven't changed one bit," Gwen replied as she gave him a mock blow on his shoulder.

It seemed now the initial surprise was fading, the time apart faded with it and they seamlessly went back to their old ways. Yes, they were father and daughter, but as time went by they'd developed a nice friendship, one both felt very comfortable with.

"Come on, let's get up, before the rest think we're just a pair of buffoons toying around," he said as he smiled up at her.

Smirking at each other they finally got back on their feet. Gwen looked at her mate and shrugged her shoulder and simply smiled. Richard knew better than to argue with her and well, he knew her playful side, he was happy to see she hadn't lost that part of her completely. Once their daughter was born and started showing her powers Gwen kind of shut down and put most of her time in making sure they were all safe and undetectable from others.

Holding out his hand to her, he walked towards where Mia and Chris were standing. They had witnessed this little reunion with amusement, that much was clear on their faces. Richard knew his mate had a lot of power and abilities, one being able to see snippets of the future. He realized she must have known something about Mia finding her mate in Chris. Obviously he had heard of the Whelan pack and their status. His little girl could have done a lot worse. It was clear on Chris' face that he loved and adored her, even though their mating only took place the night before and everything happened with the speed of light.

Chris stood behind Mia, his arms protectively around her, one of his hand very lightly rubbing her tummy. Gwen gave a curious look towards Mia, as if she saw something that wasn't there yet. It didn't take them long to ease into a comfortable conversation and not before long the men were discussing the everyday sport results and were teasing each other because all of them liked different teams.

The scene that was displayed looked like it was a group of people who knew each other very well. Not a group that had been apart for ages, decades, centuries even.

After a while Gwen did a mental knock towards Mia and asked her if they could have a little chat away from the men. Mia gave an acknowledgeable smile and offered to bring a refill for their drinks, her mom quickly jumping up to help her daughter.

When they were in the kitchen it didn't take long for Gwen to give her daughter the third degree.

"So, when were you planning on telling us?" she asked with a firm voice but with a little twinkle in her eyes.

"Tell you what, mom?" Mia answered.

"Think hard and remember who you're talking too," Gwen pushed a bit more.

Mia racked her brains as to what her mom was hinting at when it suddenly hit her and her cheeks went a dark shade of pink.

"Oh that, it happened and it felt right, for both of us mom," Mia said after a few seconds. "Apparently I was in heat, but he gave me the choice. I didn't expect you to pick this up so fast. I mean, I don't even feel different myself, yet."

"I'm happy for you, my darling. Did my Da pick it up as well?"

Giving that question some thought, she shook her head. "Nope, he didn't pick anything up, or at least he didn't say or hint at anything."

"Maybe he's slacking, who knows, you never know with him, the old devil!" Gwen replied with laughter.

"He doesn't look so old, mom. When he first came in I had to admit he looked handsome. Can you believe all this feels a bit unreal? Like it's only a dream?"

"It's real alright. I knew about Chris, but finding my Da here was a big surprise for me too. So I understand a bit how this all feels a bit surreal. Maybe now your Da can settle things with his pack and get that ridiculous bounty of his head. I'm still not happy he wouldn't let me sort this, it would have been done so fast."

"But it probably wouldn't have been done the pack way, mom. We are what we are, but we have to respect his feelings. But I agree, let's hope he can settle this once and for all now. His pack should think twice before going against the Whelan's."

"Not only that, Mia. I respected your father's decision and stayed out of it, even when I didn't agree with him at all. With my Da back in our lives it's a whole different matter. He's a joker all right but don't mess with him, or you'll see a whole different side of him. If he's close to the Whelan's I'm sure he knows part of the history of Richard's pack and trust me, your Da can decline his offer to help, it won't matter to him. He'll storm right in there, well maybe not like a storm with bells and whistles, but you know what I mean."

"In other words, this will get settled one way or another. Let's hope Da's smart enough and accepts the help once it's offered."

"I'm hoping for the same thing. I'm sure with the Whelan pack backing him up they won't be so ruthless," Gwen said.

"Something tells me that won't be a problem. From the little I understand Chris told me that the were community now frowns upon selected matings. So Da's pack will have a hard time explaining why they put a bounty on his head. They'll have to revoke it, if not they'll be in for a treat then. Specially with Merlin at our side as well," Mia concluded.

"Yeah, they'll have to think twice before making any kind of move. But enough about this, I'm sure the men will bring this up sooner or later. Let us now enjoy that my family is back together and I won't tell the rest yet," Gwen said as she winked at Mia, hinting at her pregnancy.

Mia chuckled as she ran her hands over her still flat tummy.

"Can you sense what it's going to be?"

"It's a bit early for that, ask me again in a week if you really want to know."

"I'll hold you to that, mom," Mia replied.

Picking up the tray, they went back outside to join their men. It was clear they were enjoying some friendly rivalry in the sports department, with mock blows and gasps of disbelief to strengthen their own points. Looking at the three you wouldn't guess they were old and supposedly wise people. Both Mia and Gwen bit back a laugh as they briefly looked at each other before taking a seat next to their spouses.

Merlin noticed the two woman rejoining them and smiled inwardly as he saw that without much thought both Chris and Richard subconsciously sought out the physical contact of their mate, pulling them close to their sides, while at the same time keeping up with the conversation. He felt proud that both his girls had gotten this lucky. He was even more happier about the fact that having been apart this long hadn't changed their relationship at all, it was as if they never had been separated.

The rest of the day was spend catching up on lost time, exchanging experiences and anecdotes. Merlin even told that when she was a youngster Gwen always tried to sneak away. She succeeded a few times and when he went looking for her, he always found a little fawn, not far from the house. Wildly it would dash from side to side, hopping over imaginary rocks and tree stems and he was convinced it was chasing imaginary butterflies.

The first time he had found her like this, he had been cross with her. She wasn't supposed to venture out on her own. She was too precious to him. The next time she sneaked out he found her again, only closer to home now, within shouting distance if it came to it. He felt proud that at such a young age she understood the importance of his lecture.

From then on he started calling her little fawn, because it was quite clear it was her favorite form to switch too. The little endearment stuck, even when the little fawn grew up into a beautiful deer as the years went by.

Without anyone really noticing it the afternoon turned into evening, it seemed there was no end to the things that were told and shared. After a while Chris noticed how silent Mia was as she lay with her head in the crook of his arm. Turning his head he noticed she'd fallen asleep. It seemed the events had finally taken their toll on her. He made a small gesture to her parents and Merlin, then carefully picked her up and carried her to his room.

After tucking her in, he gave her a gentle kiss on her forehead and fought the urge to undress and snuggle up to her. He still had visitors and since she was asleep now, maybe he could tackle the more sensitive issue about her father's pack and their ultimatum and maybe find a way to settle that once and for all.

Giving her one last yearning look he turned and quietly left his bedroom to rejoin his guests. On his way he picked up a few menus, thinking that it would be ok to order in some dinner.

"She's fast asleep, didn't even hear a peep out of her when I tucked her in," he said as he sat down again. "Maybe we can order in some food and after that talk about a few more pressing matters? I didn't want to bring them up with Mia around, but we do have to talk about them." He looked at his new family and they all had a look of acceptance.

"For me it's simple, Chris, I'll help where I can, I could obliterate them on the spot if needed. You know and I know their ultimatum is a farce," Merlin replied right away.

The fierce reaction made Chris smile, he wouldn't expect him to act otherwise. He then looked at Gwen and Richard. After they exchanged a brief look they nodded affirmatively.

"It's time this thing got settled, once and for all," Richard spoke with a firm voice, grasping Gwen's hand. "I'm done with hiding, especially now Mia has found you. I can't put that pressure on her any longer."

"Whatever we do, let her in on what we'll decide, but Chris, be adamant that she has to stay out of the battle if it comes to it," Gwen told Chris and gave him a knowing look. "She's too vulnerable right now," she added sternly.

"I promise I won't with hold anything back from her and yes, I do agree this is one battle she'll sit out," Chris agreed.

He handed out the menus and told them to pick whatever they fancied. This gave him a few moments to collect his thoughts. He suspected her mom knew Mia was pregnant already and that knowledge had spurred her on to keep Mia out of any battles, he could only agree with her. She, no, both, were already too precious to him. He didn't dare think about the possibility of Mia or their unborn child getting hurt in any way. Chris just hoped she would agree with taking a back seat in the resolving of this dispute.

After calling in their dinner orders, Chris swiftly put some plates on the table and refilled their drinks as they waited for their food to arrive. Chris had ordered extra for Mia in case she woke up, if not they could always reheat it later.

Unpacking the many dishes, the four settled around the table, filled their plates and started talking. Nobody thought that waiting would do them any good now things were happening so fast. The core of the issue was that Richard was falsely accused of disobeying his Alpha, his own father no less, and sprouting from that false accusation his pack had put a bounty on him. He was to be brought back to the pack dead or alive, preferably alive, since his dad, still the current Alpha this day, had started to believe his own lies and wanted to end his son's life himself.

The Betas had done their best to hide what had really happened, that Richard was betrayed by his chosen mate. When he confronted his father with these facts, he didn't believe him, and he made him an outcast, a rogue, banned from the pack. His dad quickly changed his mind about his first decision. He couldn't let his son get away with the knowledge he now had.

Richard had put two and two together and had figured out why his dad wanted this union of the two packs so badly and when he was cast out he had already made up his mind to go to the Alpha Alpha of their territory and reveal everything. Only he didn't get far, he barely made it of his pack's lands when he was attacked by his dad's Betas.

They accused him of being a wimp, a traitor, a weakling, a coward, someone not fitting for the future ruling pack of the territory. He fought back at first but he was greatly outnumbered and in the end he thought it best to let them have their way and just try and survive. Little snippets of the Betas conversations drifted in his memory still.

He was appalled that after his refusal to mate with the woman, his dad tried to mate with her. Luckily, if you can call it that, she refused him and quickly rounded up her people and went back to her own pack. The knowledge that his father's plans were thwarted somehow was the only reason he tried holding to that last shred of life left in him. That's why he stopped fighting back, he needed all his willpower to hang onto that thin line.

At one point he had lost consciousness, but the beatings and kicking went on for a long while. The Betas were convinced he'd died, his breathing was so slow that he really appeared to be dead. Not wanting to waste much time on him they shoved him in the bushes and covered him with leaves, branches and other loose things they could find and they left him there to rot away.

For days he just lay there, holding on to that fragile thread of life. His wolf had taken over somewhere during that first night and was trying to heal his most vital organs, his wolf tried, but even he got exhausted.

He didn't know how it was possible but after four days or so he caught a scent that sparked his interest. It acted like Ambrosia worked for the Gods on the Mount Olympus. It didn't quite heal him, but it revived him, sparked his will to live. Slowly but surely he crawled towards the scent. It felt like ages before he got near enough to understand who's scent it was.

mokkelke
mokkelke
881 Followers
12