Saint Ives Whelan Chronicles Ch. 18

Story Info
Chris Whelan: Solutions.
10.5k words
4.74
21.3k
11
20

Part 19 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 04/20/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mokkelke
mokkelke
881 Followers

SIW : Christopher Saint Ives -- Whelan.

As always I'm thanking my faithful editor Asylumseeker for his swift work, The Guild and Jaz for their everlasting support. My tweeps for their continuous support and nagging to keep on writing.

Without much further ado, enjoy the read. Don't forget to comment/vote/feedback. It's our payment we crave so much ;-)

Mokkelke

Chapter Ten : Solutions.

Chris saw Ed and Adam were already back at the club. He parked himself next to his own car. They had left his flat in a better mood then he'd arrived, but now the trepidation was returning. He knew they would accept her as his mate, he just wasn't sure about all the "baggage" that came with it. He really would have liked to have Nick on board, he was the Alpha after all. It would make a lot of things a lot easier.

At least Mia hadn't made a scene when he told her how things had turned out when they went after the rogues. She took it rather easily, maybe she was finally realizing they needed the numbers to confront the MacLachlan pack.

As they made their way over to the back of the club, he had Mia close to his side. Entering his safety code, the door sprang open and they walked the narrow corridor which led to Ed's office in the back of the club.

He announced themselves with a single knock on the door before he opened it. Two pairs of eyes shot up in surprise when they saw Chris entering with a gorgeous woman tucked close to his side.

Ed looked curiously at his brother, Adam just smiled after their initial surprise ebbed away.

"I think you remember Mia? She's my mate," Chris announced nonchalantly.

"I'll be damned. You were jealous of Nick or what?" Adam laughingly stated.

"Not really, but when it happens, it happens," Chris said back.

Ed sniffed the air. "How was it we didn't smell you last Saturday?" he asked in a reserved tone.

"That's why I brought her with me now and also why I said I didn't want the Council involved in this," Chris replied, cutting Mia off.

"I can talk for myself, you know," Mia said as she gave Chris a light blow on his arm.

"A sassy one. Good, you can use a firm hand," Adam teased.

Looking down at Mia Chris asked if she wanted to tell her side of everything first.

"Think that will be the best way." Turning towards Ed and Adam she started, "You know me as Mia Barlow, but in fact my surname is MacLachlan." She paused a second waiting for any visible reaction from the two men in front of her.

Adam visibly tensed up whereas Ed looked more like a blank canvas, not a single emotion readable on his face.

"I see now why you don't want the Council involved," Ed spoke in a clipped tone.

"That's not all of it, Ed. There is more," Chris said.

"Well, do tell, we're waiting."

"I was never part of that pack or any other. It's always been just my parents and me. It's only recently that I have found another family member, thanks to Chris," Mia said as she lovingly looked up to her mate.

"He surprised me with it," she said as she gently gave him a nudge with her shoulder, "but I couldn't have been more happier to meet my grandfather. Even better for my mom to be with her Da again too. From what Chris told me, my grandfather is a person you all know and trust."

Ed's curiosity now showed for the first time. "And who might that be?" he asked.

"It's that old bastard, Ed, you know, Merlin," Chris revealed.

The two other men looked shocked now.

After several minutes of uneasy quietness Ed was the first to speak again.

"You're a MacLachlan, but also Merlin's granddaughter? How do those two things add up?" Ed asked.

"My father is Richard MacLachlan and my mother is Gwenyth Myrddin, only daughter of Merlin," Mia explained then waited again to let the others process the few facts they knew so far.

Ed looked at Chris, who nodded affirmatively.

"I'm starting to understand now why you don't want the Council involved. They don't want to piss off Merlin," Ed said.

"We talked to her parents and Merlin last weekend. Richard is going to confront his father in the near future. That's why I called you the other day," Chris directed at Adam. "I wanted someone with me who I can trust and who would have my back at all times. I didn't know of the attack on Bronwille and when you filled me in on that I figured you'd have other things on your mind. Pigheaded as this lady is, she doesn't want us going down there in big numbers. Just Merlin, her parents and us two. Reluctantly she agreed to let me take one person I trusted. Adam was the first I could think of since I have promised to keep her heritage a secret for now."

Chris gave an apologetic look to his brother. "That's why at first I couldn't say anything, but after we learned of Bronwille's attack she agreed I could tell my brothers. The thing is, Mia is special, not just because of who her parents are, but also because of who her grandfather is. Her mom didn't lose her abilities when she mated Richard. Just the opposite, Richard learned a few things from her. Mia," he said as he pulled her closer again, "is a perfect hybrid of the two. One of the things her mom taught all of them was to mask their scents. That's why we couldn't scent the wolf in her. You know Merlin's little tricks? They're just that, little tricks, they're all capable of so much more."

"If Richard has gotten some neat tricks after his mating," Ed pondered out loud, "didn't you get anything too?"

"He has and he will get more over time. It's a gradual change in him, not really a change, more like enhancing what's already there. Adding little things to the mix," Mia answered instead of Chris.

"There is only one I know of right now, I'm still mastering it," Chris explained.

"What's your new thing then?" Ed asked.

Chris smiled down at Mia, who knew right away what he was up to. Taking a step back he was gone in the same moment. Ed looked surprised. Adam who was sitting sideways in front of the desk had seen Chris disappear as well. His eyes turned into big wide saucers as he saw Chris reappearing behind Ed. A big smile on his face Chris waited a few seconds while he enjoyed Ed's confusion.

Finally he tapped Ed's shoulder, who spun around and was grabbing for the unknown threat, startled to find his brother standing behind his chair.

Ed just stood there, mouth slightly open in disbelief.

"No fucking way. How in the hell did you do that?" Ed asked.

Chris simply tapped his temple. "I just have to think about the location and be sure there is or will be room when I teleport. How do you think I got Jack out of that clearing so fast? Jack wasn't even aware of it that I transported us away."

Ed dropped in his chair, baffled with this little revelation. Chris was a formidable fighter if he wanted to be, but he preferred to keep his battles short and clean. This little trick was a nice addition to his fight style, not to mention all the other possibilities it opened. Looking around he gave Mia a thorough perusal.

Now he knew, he had to admit part of her features reminded him of that old dog. He grinned inwardly, realizing they really had a point when teasing him about his old age, he was a grandfather. Then it dawned on him, the little pieces of the puzzle falling into place. Merlin always lived like a hermit, discouraging every and any kind of confirmation he still lived.

Their pack knew it was an unwritten rule to never mention him outside of pack company. If word were to get out that Merlin was still around and was now tied to the Whelan pack by blood, that would put the Council on edge. Nick was ruler of their territory but globally seen he didn't have the majority on his side.

Seeing the matings had a neat side effect, other packs would be lining up for any future children. They might as well be born with a bulls eye on their head. They'd be in danger from the second they took their first breath. Children? Lives, plural he had said, not willing to lose them? Ed thought.

Ed took another sniff, turned to Chris and a smile crept over his face. You didn't wait long to knock her up, little bro. I understand now why you don't want the Council involved. They would indeed be in danger. We may live by another code but most out there are still a power hungry pack of assholes.

Amusement flashed in Chris' eyes. I see your strategic mind still has eye for every detail. You're going to love that she wants to go after the MacLachlan pack just with her parents, Merlin and me. She didn't want me to tell anyone about our mating until the next full moon.

Mia cleared her throat, "I know you two probably want to play catch up, but there are more people in this room," she said impatiently.

"I was just filling in a few blanks, dear," Chris spoke sweetly. "There isn't much that escapes Ed's keen eye." He knows you're pregnant, sweetie. There is little you can hide from him, he added mentally.

Her eyes turned big then into tiny slits as she eyed Ed.

He just smiled knowingly and winked.

Adam just sat there, looking from one person to another wondering what the hell was going on now. Oh he was surprised as much as Ed was, but he wanted to get on with things.

"Care to fill me in as well so we can move things on? We still have a pack to put in their place!" he said gruffly.

Mia kept looking at Adam. He was huge in every sense of the word. Muscles strained against the tight black T he wore, the black leather pants hugging his legs as if they were a second layer of skin. She could see the tension as he kept contracting the muscles in his upper legs, as if he was trying very hard to stay calm.

"How is Bron?" Mia addressed Adam.

"She sounded calm but looked like a hellfire cat last time I saw her. She isn't answering any of my calls or doesn't open up when I stop by. How do you think she is?" Adam shot back.

"Coping with everything her way. Chris told you about before?"

Adam nodded.

"Give her time. I'll check in on her this evening and let you know, ok? She won't even know I'm there, just like the previous time."

"How are you going to do that? Be a cat burglar?"

Mia had to laugh. She pointed to Chris and said, "Poof. He only knows one trick, I know everything. I'm assuming you're familiar with Merlin?" She hinted at his close friendship with the brothers.

Adam nodded again, it was true he was one of the few outside of the pack that knew Merlin, he'd seen a thing or two when Merlin was showing off in front of the little pups.

"As Chris explained I'm a hybrid, I am as much wolf as I am Ancient. Not as powerful as my mom, but I'm good enough to stay undetected if I want to be," she explained, giving Adam a little wink.

"So you're going to check in on Bronwille and then we can sort out the pack," Adam went on.

"No. You will not deal with the pack. My father will. Mom, Merlin, Chris and me will back him up," Mia replied heatedly.

"Are you sure you are all able to keep on top of things?" Ed intervened.

"You have no idea what we can do. My father is done hiding. He's going to confront his dad. Merlin offered to intervene but he understands it's Da that has to do this, so he'll accompany us as backup. My mom told me a lot of her childhood, you do not want to piss off Merlin," she answered.

"Sweetie, if Adam wants to come, he can. Remember you said I could bring one more and I intended to ask Adam," Chris reminded her.

"I'm coming as well," Ed said. Looking at Mia he went on, "I can partly understand you want to solve this with as little people as possible. Just think of it as reassurance. If two of the three Whelans are on your doorstep you should think twice before doing anything stupid."

Mia growled low in her chest. She hated being told what to do, but she had to see reason. It seemed Ed was the smarter brother, he didn't even try to convince her to bring the pack, just himself. Relaxing her posture again, she nodded her consent.

"When do you think is a good time to settle this?" she asked.

"From what we've learned they were almost on their way. Jack told us they were only supposed to stay away for a week, and that is the day after tomorrow. We'll have to work fast to get this thing going forward," Ed answered.

"Clear some room, I'll get my parents here, my mom can contact Merlin and he can be here in a second."

"Clear the room for what?"

"Adam, you really have to ask after what I just showed you I could do?" Chris laughed.

"You've got a point there, mate. Come on, let's get this show on the road."

While the men made some room Mia knocked on her mother's mental barricade and told her to get right over with Da, that they had some new things to report. Mia added to contact Merlin as well.

Not much later they all arrived. Greetings were exchanged. Ed couldn't help but tease Merlin with his grandfather status. Mia let it all wash over her how easy they all got along. Not once did anyone hint at the fact they had lived as rogues themselves. Chris must have picked up part of her thoughts. It's going to be all right, baby, don't worry so much, he soothed her. She cuddled closer in response.

Looking around she knew she was now in the company of a few very strong and capable men. She smiled when she studied her mom. She looked so very much alive again, as if she'd gotten her second wind.

When her parents and Merlin were brought up to date on the past events they agreed to let Ed and Adam come along. They were almost done planning with how to go ahead when Richard asked if they knew the name of the one locked up.

"It's someone called Jack," Ed answered. "He didn't put up much of a fight and cooperated all the time."

Richard paled when he heard that name.

"Everything ok, dear?" Gwen asked, concerned at the sudden change in her mate.

"There aren't many Jack's in the pack. One of them was my younger brother."

Everybody was surprised now.

"Ed, I have to see him." Worried and anxious at the same time, he sat down. His baby brother. He shook his head in denial, he couldn't believe Jack would have a part in all of this.

Ed sympathized with the man who suddenly looked like he had been hit by a train.

"We can't just go down there, but we might get him out of there unnoticed," he said as he looked towards Chris. "The other cells are empty, you could go to one of them, then to Jack's and then come back here?"

"You're too smart for your own good, brother dearest," Chris acknowledged. "I'll do just that, just keep enough room here. I'm only just learning this thing so I might be an inch off."

"You can't be an inch off, that alone can get you killed. I'll go with you. You can take us there, you know where to go. I'll just follow you and get us all back here, I won't be an inch off," Mia interrupted.

Chris growled a little, not liking her to get close to Jack.

"Stop the attitude, Chris. Teleporting is one thing, bringing someone with you is a whole other matter. Don't overestimate your ability, son," Merlin agreeably spoke.

"Fine, fine, doesn't mean I have to like it," Chris relented.

* * * *

Chris ported to the cell next to Jack's. A second later Mia appeared in front of him. He pulled her in a tight hug as his lips sought hers in a hard, fast kiss.

Focus, Chris, she smiled up at him. "You go in there first, tell him what's up. Just signal me when it's ok for me to join you and port us all out." Mia felt his reluctance and hoped to placate that feeling with telling him she wanted to be extra careful now. It seemed to work as she felt his arms relax just a little.

"I'll knock on your door when it's time," he whispered in her ear as he tapped her temple with a finger, silently telling her how he'd contact her.

Taking a step back he closed his eyes and focused on the sounds in the cell next to theirs. He heard a steady heartbeat and relaxed breathing, both things telling him Jack was asleep. In a flash he stood inside the other cell, looking down at the sleeping form of Jack, who was curled up on the bed.

Chris made sure that his wolf was present as he gently prodded Jack, hoping to wake him up without startling the man.

Yawning, Jack stretched out and looked around, getting his bearings. He slumped once he realized where he was. His eyes shot up when he noticed Chris standing in front of him. He gave the man a puzzled look, he hadn't heard the door open or close, Jack wondered how he'd gotten inside.

"Be quiet," Chris whispered, "and I'll explain everything."

Jack nodded.

"I'm going to get you out of here. There are a few loose ends that have appeared and that need to be tied up. You will be brought back here, but we don't want the guard in any trouble," Chris explained.

Again Jack nodded. He knew there wasn't much he could do. He was in their hands, at their mercy.

"I'm going to port you to the cell on the other side of that wall. My mate is waiting there," he said, stressing the word mate, "and she'll port us to where we need to be. Once we get there we'll explain everything. You don't try anything, you don't make a sound, if you do, it's the end of you. I don't care who you are, understand?" Chris ended.

"I understand," Jack whispered his reply.

"Get up unless you want to fall on your butt when we get to the other side," Chris instructed him.

Getting up, Jack rolled his muscles, trying to get rid of the stiffness.

"I'm ready when you are," Jack said.

"Close your eyes, it's easier that way." We're coming, sweetheart.

Chris grabbed Jack the moment he closed his eyes and in a heartbeat he stood in the other cell. Jack stumbled a little, opening his eyes, not sure what had happened. He noticed the beautiful woman standing next to Chris. She looked familiar and there was something about her scent that called to his wolf. He didn't get any time to go into it as Chris ordered him to close his eyes again.

Mia grabbed the hands of both men and in a flash they appeared in the back room in "The Viper".

Immediately Mia searched for her Da and watched his reaction. The stumble and the paling in his face was enough for her to know the man they brought here was her uncle.

Jack looked around as well, recognizing the two men from before. They sat relaxed in their chairs, though had a watchful and alert eye on him as he looked further around the room. He saw another woman who resembled the one who took them out of the cell. It was only when he looked at the next person he got the shock of his life.

"Richard?" he barely managed to say before he rushed to the other side and almost crushed his long lost brother in a tight hug. He didn't care how he looked, his brother was alive. Realization dawned on him that the few rumors he'd heard must have been true. His brother wasn't dead, but somehow managed to survive.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I should have stopped them," he spoke softly, tears freely flowing down over his cheeks.

An equally emotional Richard returned the tight grip his baby brother had on him. "I'm as much to blame as you. I should have come back for you once I got the chance!"

In the meantime Ed's mind was working, sifting through the facts they knew, the way people acted. It was becoming clear to him that Jack wasn't like the other two that lost their lives. He was starting to be pretty convinced Jack was a victim of a situation he was unable to escape from and his only option was to make the best of it. Ed was also convinced Jack had done things he wasn't proud of, but had to if he wanted to stay alive all this time.

He just wondered why Jack never tried to leave in the first place. Was their dad the Alpha really such a calculated piece of shit? Either way, the time had come to put things back in order. Right now he needed more answers and Jack was the one who could give them.

mokkelke
mokkelke
881 Followers