Sam and Lara - Interlude

Story Info
Lara gets the phone call she's been waiting all week for.
2.1k words
4.52
12.1k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
stalford
stalford
4 Followers

It's been a week of turmoil for both ladies.

Lara wished she had put on the note to Sam to call her on a week night

Sam was hardly able to suppress her excitement and nervousness, the wait was simply excruciating.

Sam's work usually ticked by with ease, but now seemed to drag by at an almost slow motioned rate.

It wasn't much better at home either, time seemed to be spent either reliving the Vegas experience, or wondering what to say when it came time for the phone call.

Why had Lara been the one who had instructed Sam to call her.

This turned Sam's life upside down, for her this wasn't the way that things were usually pursued.

Sam was always the one that left it up to the other woman to get in touch, that way there was no commitment or awkward misunderstandings on her part.

The tables had turned, and Sam hadn't felt quite this uncomfortable in a long time.

In the meantime Lara was spending a lot of time day dreaming, wondering what may have happened if the had both been staying longer in Vegas.

They both had extraordinary symptoms to this new found emotional turmoil, short concentration, not being able to sleep, eating seemed less desirable, and of course the rising heart rate every time they thought of one another, and to top that all the future phone call.

The time had come to dial the numbers, and Sam couldn't believe how her hands were trebling over the numbers.

"My god she thought, what the hell am I getting all fussed about, there only numbers".

The harder part was yet to come.

How was she going to start a conversation, it was really making her mind work overtime.

She went through it over and over in her head, trying to think of the very first words she was going to say.

Vegas been a different story, the mood had already been set, it had been a party atmosphere and Sam had been a little more daring. Her confidence was higher with a drink or two inside her.

A week was way to long to think about what you would say to a person, there was far too much time to over think things.

Lara was just as perplexed by her own inability to control her state of mind, trying even more than usual to absorb herself into her work.

Her mind kept creeping back to the time in Vegas, wishing that she had been more forward, more courageous with her feelings for Sam.

Try has they might both women knew that the past was done, now a forgone conclusion.

The future was both awaiting them, with an outcome only it knew.

Sam began to punch in the numbers on the paper that Lara had so sneakily slipped into her jacket packet.

She could feel her hands get clammy, all the tension, and the nervousness mounting with every number that was hit.

"Ok Sam get a grip, no time to bail, steady your heartbeat or you are just going to lose it, and then you'll only start to babble".

She punched the last number in with conviction, as if to confirm to herself this was it, no turning back.

The phone went quiet for what seemed like eternity, and then began to dial; she waited trying to keep herself calm.

She could feel her blood racing through her veins, her heart accelerating.

The ringing reminded her of the alarms of the machines in Vegas, dragging her mind back to the first time she had seen Lara. It was still as fresh to her as if she were standing there again right now.

The phone was picked up at the other end.

"Hello"

Sam took one intake of breath, hearing the voice on the other end raised her heart rate and blood temperature even more.

Sam braced herself; she had to tell herself in her head to keep it sounding casual.

"Hi is that you Lara?"

"Yes it is, but who is this, do I know you?"

"Yeah its Sam, remember from Vegas".

Sam could only think to herself "Oh man I must have made such an impression in Vegas she can't even remember me".

Lara began to laugh "I knew it was you silly, I was just kidding with you".

Sam was glad Lara had broken the ice this way, it made her relax a little, especially knowing that it was a sign that Lara was also as nervous as she was.

"You know you can get into trouble teasing people that way" replied Sam with a smile, too bad she could not see it.

"Well trouble is something that you know all about, remember those stories your friends told me about you".

"Please don't remind me, I really must thank them one day for being so honourable".

"I thought that you might have bailed out on me, after me not calling your room that morning in Vegas" Declared Lara being a bit hesitant about the subject.

"Well to tell you the truth I was thinking it was just a good night and that was it, until I found your note" Sam casually replied, there was no way she was going to say how it had really effected her.

"By the way how did you sneak that note into my jacket?" Sam said in an intrigued voice.

"When you gave it to me at the fountain, but I guess you were too engrossed with the view".

"Ah the view" Sam couldn't help but drift quickly back to that point in time, and the way Lara's face had looked when looking at the fountains.

"Are you still there Sam?" Lara questioned.

"Oh yeah sorry, just thinking about that view, it has got to be the most beautiful view I have ever seen".

Lara knew that Sam wasn't talking about the fountains this time; she had spotted Sam looking at her that night in her peripheral vision.

She decided to have a little play with Sam to see what her reaction would be.

"Oh yes I have to agree the fountains were beautiful" she knew it was fishing, but would Sam take the bait.

"Now you know that I wasn't talking about the fountains" replied Sam all smug.

Lara gave a sigh, just to amuse Sam, "I knew that, I just wanted to hear you say it".

This woman was incorrigible, the way Sam felt about her now was exactly the same as she did a week ago.

Lara could only wish that they were having this conversation face to face.

"You know it's very frustrating not to be able to see the look on your face right now".

Sam knew what she meant; she would have preferred to be staring into those gorgeous blue eyes at this moment.

Sam decided it was time to be more assertive "I'll be damned if I am going to wait another week" she thought to herself.

"Ok so what are you doing later this evening?"

This brought an immediate smile to Lara's face.

Maybe it was a little presumptuous of Sam, but also on Lara's part as well for leaving Saturday night totally free of plans.

Did she play it casual, or did she jump right in with her answer.

"I have no plans I know of". There she had said it, and now she began to feel a tad more nervous again.

"Right, so I can take you out to dinner" Sam's heart rate accelerated into faster gear.

"Ok, so long as it doesn't involve a gangster outfit this time" Lara said with amusement in her tone.

"Hey I resent that insult about my personal dress sense" but Sam couldn't keep a serious note in her voice, she was grinning so much that a laugh escaped her throat.

"Well it was so Vegas, but I don't think you would get away with it just for a dinner date".

Now who was being presumptuous Lara told herself.

Was this a date?

Sam remembered how she found this woman's confidence so alluring.

"You know, I have to confess that this call as been a lot easier than I imagined it would be" admitted Lara.

"I know what you mean, it's been playing on my mind for the whole week" Sam confided.

How was it that this woman had this effect over her, "I hope she never wants to interrogate me, I would just blurt out everything" she thought.

This new insight threw Lara for a moment; it was refreshing to hear someone be that honest so early on. It made her feel deliriously happy.

"Nice to know I wasn't the only one" she announced.

If only both women could see each others expressions, the mirror image of relief would have been plain to see.

Now knowing one another had been feeling and thinking the same over the last week only seemed to create a feeling of euphoria.

Sam composed herself first "I know a great Italian in your town, unless you know anywhere better".

Lara smiled at the "Your town" phrase.

"No that's fine, you make the reservation, tell me the time and address and I'll be there".

"Eight be alright with you?" Sam asked.

"Wonderful" Lara replied.

They both began to get feelings of nervousness again, each one having the same feeling as they had felt in Vegas when it came time to part company.

"I guess I better go and find some other costume to embarrass you with then" said Sam.

Lara gave a short playful exasperated sigh "Oh well if you really must".

"Seriously though are we dressing casually this time, I don't want to turn up overdressed after all and make you look bad" Sam stated.

"Oh heaven forbid" Lara sniggered down the phone.

"Now now, you know you just might get some sauce on you later if you start getting too cheeky" Sam told her.

Lara tutted down the phone "You are feeling very brave making threats over the phone, lets see if you are so brave later shall we" Lara just couldn't help herself, she felt compelled to egg Sam on.

"So I take it that is a yes for the casual look" replied Sam coolly.

Lara was disappointed that the taunting had met with such a general sounding comment.

"Yes that's agreed then" Lara replied.

"I'll give you my cell number just in case you have any problems" Sam wanted to stall the end of this call so badly, but she knew it was coming.

"Damn I almost forgot to give you the name of the restaurant and directions" Sam said almost struggling to think, nerves were threatening to overtake her.

"Let me get a pen and some paper, hold on" Lara replied, pretending not to notice the embarrassment in Sam voice.

The phone went silent but Sam could hear Lara's footsteps going away.

Lara walked over to the other side of the room, almost in a strolling fashion. She wanted to prolong the destined time to come.

She kept thinking "This can't be real, it's almost ludicrous the way Sam makes me feel".

She felt all kinds of emotions right now, but all she knew was she couldn't rationalize the dread she felt of having to hang up the phone.

To Sam it seemed to take an eternity until Lara came back.

"Ok you still there?" asked Lara.

"Yep still here" Sam wished she wasn't though, she wished was eight already.

"Stop being so impatient" she told herself.

Sam gave Lara her cell number, but hoped she wouldn't need to use it.

"I'll see you at the restaurant at eight then" said Lara.

"Yeah guess I better get going, I have dinner plans this evening to get ready for you know" replied Sam with a half hearted attempt to throw in some humour in these last few words spoken.

"Wow, well I hope your date and you have fun".

"I can guarantee it" Sam replied with more gusto.

Sam really couldn't think of anything more to say, it was like the conversation had been choked up, all she could say was "So see you later".

"Ok see you later, I get the hint, you can go now" Lara tried to say playfully.

"Bye" Sam pressed the hang up button, but didn't let go of the receiver. She felt exhausted, yet calmer than when they had said goodbye in Vegas.

"That's because you are seeing her later dummy" she told herself out loud.

The phone went dead Lara's end, she stood motionless, totally relieved that this had happened at all.

Both women took a few moments to get their bearings, and then began to think of all the work they had to do before the date.

It was going to be a busy day.

stalford
stalford
4 Followers