Saved by the Law

Story Info
Sadness turn to joy.
7k words
4.28
27.1k
9
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unlike my "sisters", in this occupation, I am not strung out on drugs. I have been doing what I have to, to survive. Three years ago I was in a car accident. It left me emotionally scarred. Those scars are still with me.

My name is June, and life had been hard through most of jr. high school and high school. My dad, a farmer, had died when I was eleven. My brothers, mother, and I sort of kept the farm going. At least we made enough to cover taxes and what food we couldn't grow and preserve in jars. We heated with wood and survived. It was hard work, but we all pulled together.

It was in my senior year and I had been to an informal school dance. Our family couldn't afford the latest in styles so I had to avoid fancy dances. My date turned out to be a really bad person. Instead of driving me directly home after the dance; he took me to an out of the way spot where four of his friends were waiting. He and four of his friends raped me. They all piled in the car when they were done. While driving, they were trying to figure out what to do with me (to keep me from talking), My date swerved his car into the oncoming lane of traffic. I was the only survivor. None of them had bothered with a seat belt. To make things worse, these boys were members of the young people's club at the local church. Their families were all what you would call "well to do". My family was from "the wrong side of the tracks".

After the rape, the police didn't believe my story. They didn't even send me to the hospital to have a rape kit taken. After all, the boys were all from upstanding families who were pillars of the community. It wasn't until I was obviously pregnant that some people, other than my family, started to believe me. I miscarried. But, without having an inside track to our town's officials, no justice was about to be provided.

Even today, in our area, an unwed mother is considered to be a "loose woman", or worse. The overly strict local church had a lot of influence. If you wanted to be respected you had to be a member. If you were a member you were considered as pure as the falling snow, by definition. After graduation I tried to find work; but nobody in town would hire me because of "my past". The local church wasn't supportive. After all, the fathers and mothers of these boys were on the deacons or trustees boards. How could such upstanding people put up with someone like me when their precious sons had died in the car I was, essentially, kidnapped in?

The emotional strain was such that I had to get away. My family believed in me, but I just couldn't face the constant rumors, smears, and sneers of the "good" townspeople.

I headed to one of the larger cities in the state. I tried out for various jobs but there was little work to be had. The results of the injuries I had received, in the car wreck, prevented me from joining the military. The economy was in a downward spiral due to incompetent government action. Our new president had precipitated a real depression as a result of driving the economy into a ditch so that he could move our society to socialism. After just a short while I had to do something to get shelter and food. The only thing I had left was my body. I, very reluctantly, decided I needed to rent it out. Yes, I became a prostitute. I didn't have a pimp, I didn't do drugs, and I didn't get into alcohol or partying. I did the job I had to do, and prayed for forgiveness every day.

I was approached one day by a clean cut looking man. He indicated that he was interested in a "little action" and asked me what I charged. We discussed the matter and I agreed to do what he was after. In general they are all after only one of two things. He wanted a good blow job. When we got to my place and I had taken his money, the cops rushed in and arrested me. This was a sting. This was my first time to be arrested.

I was taken before the local judge and given a stiff, for me, fine. I basically gave the court all the money I had. They had to know that my only way of getting money for food and shelter would lead me back into the same work. I think the cop who arrested me felt sorry for me.

That evening, while I was making a Raman noodle soup for supper there was a knock on my apartment door. I went to the door, and there was the cop who had arrested me; officer Alan Glen. He smiled and asked if he could come in and talk with me for a few minutes. I was a bit leery about trusting him. After much assurance, I let him come in. I even offered to make him some soup as well. But he wasn't interested.

"What do you want, officer Glen?"

"June, please call me Alan, unless we are talking about official business. There is something about you that is different from the other women, I have seen, in your profession. I think I saw some things in you that left me with questions. I had to ask you some things so that I could ease my conscience. You see, after watching how you reacted when you were arrested, and how you behaved in court; I realized that there was a depth to you that I haven't seen in similar offenders. If you would consider it, I would like to ask you some personal questions. These are just between me and you. They are not official questions. After what you have been through, I'll understand if you just want me to leave. And if you do, I will leave. But I hope you will talk to me."

I didn't know what to say. I looked down at my soup and then up to Alan's face. There was a kindness in that face that didn't look like the cop I had seen when I was arrested.

"O.K. Alan, I'll try to answer your questions, but I may have to refuse if they get too personal."

"That's fair enough. Let's start with a very basic question. How did you happen to get into your current profession?"

Woah, that was a deep question!

"It will take some time to answer that. Are you sure you have the time?"

"In this case, I will make all the time you need to answer. I really want to know."

Well, for the next half hour I gave him all the gory details, right down to the point of me 'coming too' in a car awash in blood from the guys who had raped me.

As I was talking, I could see what looked like storm clouds crossing his face. When I told him about the police not even getting a rape kit he was squeezing his hands hard enough so that his knuckles turned white and his jaw line sharpened. It looked like he was fighting back pure rage.

I ended up the story with how I had started to work as a prostitute. I was amazed when I saw tears in his eyes.

"Alan, are you o.k.?"

He shook his head and lowered his eyes for a minute or two. I could see that he looked like he was praying.

"You've been dealt a lousy hand, June. You are doing what you felt you had to, just to survive. I am truly sorry that things have ended up this way for you. I need to go to my home now and think over what you have said. I want to help you, if you will let me. I'm not after your body. I don't want to see you hurt. How much does it take for you to live a week?"

"My food expenses run about forty dollars a week. I have gotten by on twenty-five dollars a week. Why do you ask?"

He reached into his pocket and took out a crisp one hundred dollar bill. "Take this and promise me you won't prostitute yourself this next week. I think I may be able to help you, but I need to consider some things. Will you do that for me?"

"What strings are attached? Nobody gives things away without getting something in return."

"There are no strings. I just don't want you arrested until I find a way to get you out of this mess. Is that o.k.?"

I agreed that it would be o.k.. I was very confused, but very grateful that I could add a bit more protean to my diet.

************************************

"....so, pastor Bob, that's the story. I feel that I need to do something to help this woman, I have checked out her story and it seems to be accurate down to the smallest detail. I am tempted to let her use my guest room and hire her to do the cleaning and cooking. At the same time I don't want to have my reputation ruined. How would you resolve this issue?"

"Well, Alan, you are in an interesting spot. The simplest question is what is your heart telling you to do?"

"Help her! But, except for my mother, there wouldn't be anyone else there. With mom's arthritis and bad eyes all sorts of rumors could start."

"What do you think our Lord Jesus would have you do?"

"Help her...... I guess I sort of answered my own question. Would you be willing to join me when I go to see her tonight?"

"Absolutely, I'll make the time. This is a true missions outreach and I will be glad to come along. In fact, I'll have my daughter Julie join us. That way there will be a woman's input for her as well."

************************************

It was 7:30 that evening when Alan and his friends arrived at June's door. He knocked.

"Who is it?"

"It's Alan, and my pastor, may we come in?"

The door opened and June welcomed them in. She was wearing slacks and a sweater, but no makeup.

As soon as they were seated at the table the discussion started.

"Why did you bring your pastor, and.... whoever this is?"

"I forgot to make the introductions. This is my pastor Bob Hunt, and his daughter Julie Hunt. The pastor has known me since Julie was ten. I brought them so that you could ask them questions. I think I know what the Lord wants me to do, but I need you to trust me. That is why I brought them along. I'm going to go back out to my car while they tell you what I have in mind and then answer any and all questions that you may have."

With that, Alan, got up and let himself out of the apartment.

Bob Hunt started to speak. "June, we've known Alan for about eight years. Three years ago we did the funeral for his wife, she died of cancer. Alan is one of the kindest men I have ever met. He lives in his parents old farm house about twenty miles outside the city. Only his mother lives with him in that house. She can't get out much because she has bad arthritis and her eyes are not very good. She can't even cook or clean anymore. Alan has been doing all the cooking and cleaning for her since his wife died. When Alan has had to go out of town, Julie has gone out to help care for his mother. Alan and his mom are good people. I tell you all of this because his solution for your problem is to hire you to do the housework and care for his mother. He will provide you with his guest room, which Julie has stayed in. You will receive room and board plus a hundred or so dollars a month. When he is home, you won't have to do any work. He thinks that this would work out well, especially for his mother."

"I don't know, pastor. Julie, you've stayed there. How much privacy do you have there?

"Well, the guest room has a small bathroom of its own. There are good drapes for the windows and the door is solid, with a dead-bolt lock on the inside. There is no keyhole on the outside, so when the door is shut and locked it is secure. You see, Alan wanted to avoid any appearance of evil. He set it up so that anyone in that room would be safe."

"I'm very tempted to accept his offer, but having lived, as I have been living, for the last year or so I am still nervous."

"I can understand that June. Can we do anything to help you make this decision? Oh, ....I forgot to tell you that right after Alan's wife died Julie spent a month out there staying with his mother so that she would have company after the funeral. Things went very smoothly."

"I am tempted to take him up on his offer. There is one other problem though. Won't he ruin his reputation by having me living there? After all I've been earning my living in a rather unacceptable way." After this question June was blushing noticeably.

Pastor Bob had a smile on his face when he responded to her statement. "Alan came to see me today and asked my advice regarding exactly that question. He came to the conclusion that Jesus would invite you in so it is his responsibility to invite you in. He sees something in you that you don't see yourself."

"O.K. I'll do it. What do I have to do?"

"He said, that if you were willing to do this I should hand you this letter. It outlines how the move will be made and he will provide all the effort to move your things."

"Pastor, all my things fit in one suitcase. My food, currently, will fit in one small shopping bag. There is no effort to moving my stuff."

At this point Julie had tears in her eyes. "You mean that all your worldly goods are a few clothes an apartment, and a little food?"

"Yes." At that June turned her eyes toward the floor.

Julie came over and gave her a hug. "Things will get better. Alan is a good man and you will find that he is decent, fair and kind.

***************************

The following day June told her landlord that she would be moving out. That evening, Alan and Julie came over to give her a ride out to Alan's home. The ride was uneventful, though June was obviously quite nervous. Julie quietly assured her that all would be o.k.

When they arrived at the farmhouse June was impressed to see that the house and lawn were very nicely taken care of. When they entered the house she was shocked. The kitchen was beautiful and had all the tools needed to prepare almost any type of meal. The room, that was to be hers, was nicer than any she had ever seen. She tried to be unobtrusive when she looked at the lock for the door. She noticed that an old fashioned dead bolt had been added to the modern twist type dead bolt. It was a serious lock. There was also a phone in her room.

When they got to the attached bathroom June was awed! The tub was a small whirlpool, there was a steam shower, and the floor and lower walls were all tile. The ceiling had a heat lamp over the tub.

Alan noticed that June had a worried look on her face.

"What's wrong, June?"

"I'm sorry, but this is so nice that I'm worried that there may be strings attached to your offer. After all, I've never seen this level of luxury before."

Alan and Julie both smiled. "June, I can assure you that Alan is a good man. He has said that he has no ulterior motives, and I know him well enough to fully believe him. He's one of those old fashioned folks who take their words seriously. You will be at least as safe here as you would be in your family's home."

***********************

Julie took June in to meet Alan's mom, Madeleine, while Alan went to the kitchen. June sensed that she would really like spending time with Madeleine. Before June knew it, Alan came and announced that supper was ready.

When the three women got to the table, there was a crock pot of wonderful smelling soup and a loaf of good garlic bread on the table. As they sat down, June was surprised to see that everyone was holding hands. Alan bowed his head and said: "Thank you Father for the many gifts You have given us. Thank you for shelter and food, work and friends. Thank You most of all for Your love and forgiveness, in Jesus precious name, Amen.

At that point Alan started to ladle the stew into glazed earthenware bowls. The bowls were not all exactly identical. The glaze patterns looked different on each of them. The sizes were about the same, but not exactly the same.

June was studying the bowl when Julie spoke up. "Alan's mom used to enjoy pottery. Almost every plate, pitcher, cup, and bowel in this house were made by her. She still has her potter's wheel and kiln in the back shed."

June was impressed.

Alan made an announcement. "June, I've talked to Julie and have asked her to work with you to set up some things that need to be done. Julie has set up a doctor's appointment with her OB/GYN for a physical and her dentist for a cleaning and any repair that might be needed Then she is going to take you shopping to get you some new shoes and clothes. There will be no cost to you. I've had guests here, before, who needed some of the basics. She'll do that tomorrow: that is, if you don't mind."

"Why are you being so kind? Except in my parent's home I have never run into this kind of kindness? What's in it for you?"

Julie smiled and said "Let me answer that one. Alan's family worked hard and became financially very comfortable. Not really rich, but comfortable. They have always tried to find practical ways of sharing the good things that the Lord has given them. There have been other guests who resided here for short, or long, periods. Alan always tries to show others the love that he knows God has shown towards him. He won't tell you himself, but he is a true believer in (and follower of) the teachings of the Old and New Testaments. You have nothing to fear from him."

A bit later, Alan left June and his mother at the kitchen table and drove Julie back to her house. June continued to talk to Alan's mother while she, June, washed the dishes. It was good that Alan's mother was in the kitchen because she could tell June where to find dish soap, towels, and such.

That night, June had the best sleep that she could remember.

***********************

Months passed, and before anyone noticed it had been two years since June had arrived at Alan's house. After her first month as Alan's housekeeper, June had started going to church with Alan and his mother. This church was different. Many of the people were dressed in older, but clean, clothes. No fancy suits or stylish dresses were to be seen. There was a friendliness to the people that surprised June. It wasn't long before she found out that the fellowship with the believers there made her feel like it was home. June had found out that Alan was a wonderfully good man. He was a gentleman in all respects. There were times when she could see that he had the beginning of an erection, but never once had he even said anything inappropriate to her.

Then a minor disaster struck. Madeleine, Alan's mother, died. The sadness in Alan's eyes continued for months after the funeral and burial. It looked like the joy had gone from his life. The happy, easy going, Alan was replaced with someone who seemed to be a hollow shell. June tried to cheer him up, but to no avail. It might have been this weight on his mind that made him careless one day. Nobody could be sure. But, Alan had seen an armed robbery going down at the drug store that he used. There had been two hoods, he drew down on them with his gun and ordered them to the floor. One went down peacefully. The other shot at him. The bullet passed through his abdomen and lodged in his spine.

June, Julie, and pastor Bob were by Alan's bedside as he slowly halfway came out from under the anesthetic. When he saw them he tried to smile and said: "Hi".

"Don't talk yet Alan", pastor Bob said, "you need to keep your strength up so that you can heal quickly. One of us will be here at all times. I've cleared my calendar and the ladies have done the same. You will find us here when you are awake. Now, go back to sleep. We've got plenty of time to talk later."

At that, Alan shut his eyes and drifted off to sleep. The others had already decided upon the daily schedule. Pastor Bob would be there from 6a.m. to two p.m. Julie would be there from two p.m. to nine p.m. and June would be there from nine p.m. until six a.m. They were set. Someone had to be there when Alan woke up and was clear headed. Beside the affect of the anesthesia, the doctor had put Alan on a morphine drip. A lot of major cleanup had been done to save his life.

It turned out that it was June who was there when Alan really became lucid for the first time.

"Hi, June, what time is it?"

"Oh, about one a.m. You've been sleeping a lot. They just cut back on the morphine drip a few hours ago. You can't know how happy I am that you are awake and alert."

"What happened to me. The last thing I realized was a punk shooting at me. I think I returned the shot. Then, I think I blacked out."

12