Saving Savannah

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,792 Followers

I couldn't figure out why he'd come back for me. The next thing I knew I was feeling really warm and Charlie told me that we should go outside. When we got outside, we talked for a while and Charlie asked me if he could kiss me goodbye. I figured it wouldn't hurt anything so I said yes. Charlie told me that maybe we shouldn't do it out in public where anyone could see us. He didn't want people to think I was that kind of girl.

He took me to his garage and for some reason I went along with that too. Once we got inside the garage Charlie changed. He pushed me down on the couch and started feeling on me. I tried to tell him no but nothing really worked. It was like I was thinking in slow motion. Charlie had my dress up and his hands in my panties rubbing my pussy when Earl's fist smacked into his head.

A lot of other people were there too but Earl was the only one who'd done anything. A lot of the people at the party had known what was supposed to happen. Charlie had been spiking my drinks all night. His plan was to get me to the point where I couldn't say no and take me out to the garage and make a woman of me.

The mistake was when Earl and Jaime heard about it and came looking for me. Earl had busted Charlie's lip with that first punch and was standing over him when Jaime pulled my skirt back down.

"I wasn't going to hurt her," sputtered Charlie. "I love her."

"So you needed to get her drunk and rape her?" asked Earl. Charlie didn't say anything he just sat there while Earl and Jaime dragged me out of there.

They took me home and turned me over to my dad. They explained to him that an asshole at the party had put something in my drink, but nothing had happened because they were there with me. They told him to watch me because I'd never drank before so he should be careful because I'd probably be really sick in the morning. My dad thanked them for looking out for me and told them that they were good friends.

I guess Jaime and Earl meant well, but it was out of the frying pan and into the fire. My dad carried me into my room and put me in my bed. When I woke the next morning from the pain in my head I was sure that I'd been given alcohol or something else. And from the pain in my vaginal area and the blood on my sheets, I knew that I was no longer a virgin.

At first I thought it had been Charlie. I vaguely remembered him giving me my favorite juice all night. I remembered that it had tasted different but still good. That was all I remembered. When I went into the kitchen to start breakfast, my dad was there. I expected him to yell at me for not waking up until nearly noon, but he seemed to be out of it too.

"Savannah, I swear I didn't know you was still a virgin," was the first thing out of his mouth. I just looked at him in shock. My memory started to clear up then.

"If I'd known, I never would a touched you," he said. "I mean I was drunk, but not that drunk. I..." he just let his words trail off and left the house slamming the door behind him.

He didn't come home for three days. When he did come home he was dead sober. We again skirted around each other and didn't speak. It was days before he said anything and even then it was only, "Sorry." From the way I glared at him and the way he couldn't meet my eyes, I could tell he knew that I hated him.

It was several days later that he finally spoke to me but it wasn't what I was expecting.

"Savannah, we need to talk about this," he said. "I know I ain't been much of a father to you. Hell, you pretty much raised yourself. And started taking care of your brother and me as soon as you were able. I guess I just never got over your mom's death. I guess I also put the blame for that on you in a way. But the past is gone, Savannah and all we got is the future. I been thinkin' that if some boy had done to you what I did. I'd have killed him if I was any kind of father. Either that or made him marry you if I thought that you and him had any kind of feelings for each other."

I just looked at him and realized then that besides being the worst father ever, he didn't know a thing about me. I'd never had any feelings about any boy yet. At least not since I'd noticed boys in general, but there had never been one in particular.

"Savannah, I'm not gonna kill myself. That's a sin in the eyes of the lord. But I did come up with an idea that could change a lot of things for all of us around here. Savannah, I ain't been the same without your ma. But I can be better. I will be better. I think I just need a reason. And I think I've found it. We could move over to the next town where not a lot of people know us and get married, if that would make you happy, or just stay here and not say anything."

That brought me out of my shock. "What the hell are you talking about?" I yelled.

"Savannah calm down," he said. "I'm just trying to do things the right way. I know that what happened between us last week was wrong. I took you while you were out of your head drunk, so you didn't have a choice in it. But Savannah, I been with a lot of women and I ain't never felt nothing like that since your ma died. And drunk or sober, it's probably going to happen again."

"No," I said. "I'll go to the Sheriff. I'll go to the judge. I'll kill you first."

"You just need some time to consider your options," he said. "I know this ain't nothing that either one of us foresaw. I'll give you a week to think about it."

It didn't take me a week. It didn't even take three days. I called Jaime the next day and asked her if I could stay with her for a while. She told me that she and Earl had transferred to a bigger school in Texas and they both had jobs and a nice little apartment. I could stay on their couch until I got settled but they couldn't come to get me because what they didn't have was a car.

A car, just the thought of it went through my mind like lightning. If I had a car that would be the answer to everything. I could drive to Texas and stay with Jaime and Earl. If things didn't work out I could always stay in my car until I got on my feet. If I had a car I could go anywhere I wanted whenever I wanted. I bolted out of the house and over to old man Jenkins' car lot.

Bob Jenkins was one of my dad's drinking and gambling buddies. His lot was always full of old cars. I went over to the lot and looked around. I saw lots of cars that I'd have loved to have.

"Afternoon Savannah," he said.

"Hey Bob," I said.

"Whatever happened to you calling me Mr. Jenkins?" he asked.

"I'm nineteen, Bob," I said. "And I'm here to do business."

"Shit, Bob it is then," he said smiling.

He took me around from car to car showing me the best features of each one and then telling me the price. Every time he mentioned a number, I shook my head. Finally he got to a brown Toyota that was nearly thirty years old.

"This is the cheapest car I got, Savannah," he said. "I probably should have just showed you this one first. Give me five hundred dollars cash and it's yours."

I let my head drop.

"Savannah, how much money do you have?" he asked.

"Three hundred and seventy four dollars and some change," I said quietly. "But I need a car real bad, Mr. Jenkins. I swear I'll pay you the rest as soon as I get it."

"Savannah, I have an idea of how we can both get something we want," he smiled. "And you won't have to pay me back anything."

"What's your idea, Mr. Jenkins?" I asked.

"You may as well call me Bob," he said putting his arm around me and leading me inside the office.

Forty five minutes later, I drove off of the car lot with my car. I'd given my first blow job and had consensual sex for the first time in my life. I drove straight home and packed as many clothes as I could get into the car's trunk. I packed as much food that wouldn't spoil as I could get on the front seat. I figured I'd sleep on the backseat. I also still had forty dollars left in my dresser drawer. I found another thirty in my dad's room and since I never intended to return to that house, I took it. I was off to start my life.

I did see my dad one more time. As I was leaving the house I saw him walking down the road. I got into the car and drove right past him. He noticed me and started yelling, "Savannah, whose car is that? Where are you going?" I flipped him the bird and hit the road.

That day marked a very important part of my growth. I guess before that, I'd been kind of stunted in my vision of the real world and the way things were. Though I had most of the attributes of a full grown woman, my thinking had been that of a child. I'd still believed that someday Prince Charming was going to come into town on his white horse and scoop me up and we'd fall in love and everything was going to be magical.

That day made me realize that things just weren't like that, especially not for redneck girls in Podunk towns. If I wanted a better life, I was going to have to go out and get it for myself. And when I say a better life, I didn't mean it in a monetary way. I'd grown up in a house where running water was considered a luxury, whether it was hot or not. We didn't have a telephone or a TV in the house and most of the time my daddy didn't have a car.

When I said a better life, what I had in mind was just a place where I didn't have people after me constantly that just wanted to fuck me, whether I wanted to or not. I had also learned though that if someone was going to get something from me, I should get something in return. I used that knowledge to my advantage over the next few days while I was on the road.

If I started running low on gas I started looking for stations to fill up. I really looked for stations that were isolated and preferably that only had one guy working in them. More than likely in those situations, especially with an older man running the place, a blow job or even a hand job could get me a tank of gas.

I only spent some of my small amount of money if I absolutely had to. Surprisingly those few days didn't turn me into a whore. I learned to divorce my feelings of self-worth from what I had to do to get to a better place. And every mile, every shameful act took me further away from Mississippi. Don't get me wrong, Mississippi is a beautiful state. Someday I intend to take Gigi and Greg there for a visit. But in those days Mississippi represented nothing to me except my dad and all of those men who wanted to take advantage of me.

When I crossed into Louisiana, my real problems began, though my outlook brightened. In my mind, I had only one more state to cross before I hit Texas. Somehow Texas loomed in my vision like heaven. At that time in my life I was sure that just making it to Texas meant that everything in my life would be roses from then on. Sadly it was not to be.

It was in Louisiana that I started having problems with the car. After filling it up, it just refused to start. I marched back into the station, where the guy who worked there was still smiling from the blow job I'd given him. "My car won't start," I told him.

He smiled and jumped down off of his stool behind the counter. I guess his head was full of what I might be willing to do for further assistance.

"Pop the hood," he told me. "Let's take a look at what you got under there." I wasn't sure if he was talking about the car or my clothes.

He sat there waiting for a few minutes and then looked at me. "Open the hood so I can take a look at the engine, darlin'," he said.

"I don't know how to open it," I said quietly. "I just bought this car the day I left town." He came and opened the door and showed me the handle I had to pull to open the hood. Then he looked under there and somehow, he unscrewed something and sprayed something into something and got it started.

I think he was smiling as much as I was. I thanked him profusely and promised to take care of him on my way back. He said he'd be looking forward to it, as I drove off. He also had time while he was getting the car started to let me know that the car would need major repairs very soon. Those repairs wouldn't be cheap and would probably cost far more than I'd paid for the car.

I'd been thinking up until that point that I'd gotten the better end of the deal when I got the car from Mr. Jenkins, but I now knew that he'd screwed me in more ways than I thought. The car was probably worth less than I'd paid for it.

Just being in a different state, alone and driving my car made me feel better. I was away from my dad's clutching hands and also away from that bastard Charlie. Although I know that Charlie hadn't actually done me any serious damage before Earl clobbered him, I blamed him in part for what my dad was able to do to me. There was also the fact that Charlie had intended to do the same thing.

I just couldn't get over the fact that both of them were men who'd known me all of my life. It isn't like I was a stranger to either of them. How could they do something like that to someone they'd spent time with and knew. Didn't my feelings enter their minds at all, or were they just so overcome with lust that I ceased to be a person?

Louisiana certainly was different from Mississippi. The people, though still cut from the same southern stock, were more diverse and the dialect was different as well. You could tell that a great deal of their speech patterns, expressions and words came from the French or Spanish settlers who'd originally tamed the state.

There were actually times that I couldn't understand a word people said to me. It was especially strange because I'd grown up only one state over so the marked difference in dialect was not only unexpected but comical.

I was having a grand old time. It was like an adventure. I was driving my way towards the magical land of Texas, living on Doritos and Pepsi. I was sure that another day, two at the most would find me reunited with my best friend and her fiancé, when my adventure went off the rails.

I'd gotten off of the freeway, as I often did for snacks and gas that I hopefully would pay for with ass, when the car stalled. During my travels, I'd learned from some of my acquaintances that old cars often overheated and if it happened, it wasn't a big deal. They told me it was best to just let it cool down for a while and then check the level in the radiator. If the coolant level was low I could just add some water to get it running and then top it off with more coolant at the next station I passed.

So I sat there baking in the Louisiana heat, which was a lot like Mississippi heat, but spicier. I guess everything seems hotter when you add that Cajun flavor to it. I'd stripped off my jeans and put on a pair of high tight shorts just in case I needed to use my assets to get me out of this. I kept looking at cars passing by but no one was stopping.

I was on the verge of getting out of my car and flashing my legs and ass, when I saw the car. It was a really nice car and very shiny. I did recognize it as a Mustang and one of the newer ones but other than that I didn't know anything about it.

The car pulled off of the road right in front of me. A man got out of the car and came back towards my car. He was a black guy. He was dressed really well. He didn't have a suit on or anything like that but his clothes all matched and looked good together. He smiled and asked me if I needed help.

"No, genius," I said. "I'm just baking my ass out here in the heat for fun."

"Sorry," he said. "I was only trying to help."

"Where the hell are you from?" I asked. I'd seen lots of black people before and even had black friends, but I'd never heard anyone who talked like him. There was something about him that was different besides just the way he spoke, but it was the way he talked that got me. He talked like the people on TV and in the movies do. My daddy would have said he talked like a Yankee.

And there was something else that was just weird about him. He wasn't a giant by any means, but he was very fit. And the way he moved was different too. He didn't just mosey along like the people I was used to. As I took all of this in he was rapidly heading back for his car.

"Hey, where the hell are you going?" I yelled. I got out of the car. I figured Yankee or not, black or not, my legs and ass would work just the same.

He turned and looked at me. His eyes did open a little bit when he saw how I was dressed but that was it.

"You said that you didn't need help," he said.

"I was just being an asshole," I said. His eyes did open a bit more when I said that. I got the impression that he didn't curse very much. I thought that maybe he was a preacher or something. It would kind of explain things. I mean the way he talked, the clothes, the money for a car like that, him being a preacher would make sense.

"Actually I'm very glad that you stopped. I've been sitting on my ass for over an hour and until you stopped no one had even given me a second look."

We popped the hood and he looked at my engine. "Your car is so old that it doesn't have fuel injection," he said. "You've got a carburetor and it needs to be rebuilt. Your battery is also on its last legs and the wires from your starter are frayed. Can you see the dripping here?" he pointed to some moisture that could have been either oil or water.

"I think you need a new head gasket. And that's just for starters," he said looking at me. He looked at me even stranger when he noticed that I'd moved over closer to him. I was basking in his smell. He was wearing some kind of cologne that was just...

"Sorry," I said moving away from him. The first thought that passed through my mind shocked me. I was thinking that it probably wouldn't be too bad if I had to give him some to get him to help me. In fact I was looking forward to it. Before that moment, I had never even thought about having sex with a man who wasn't white, but my horizons had broadened over the previous few days. I'd never thought that Charlie, who'd claimed he liked me for the past few years, would have tried to get me drunk and rape me. I hadn't thought that my own father would take my cherry while I couldn't do anything about it either. And I really hadn't ever considered the possibility that I'd be giving complete strangers sex for gas or food either. So I wasn't about to let something as silly as skin color get in the way.

I guess the really shocking thing was that for the first time, I actually wanted to have sex with someone. Not because I had to, or because I'd get something out of it, but because I wanted to.

"I think I can get it started for you," he said. "And if I can't I'll call you a tow truck."

"I don't have that kind of money, reverend," I said.

"Why'd you call me reverend?" he asked. "I'm not a man of the cloth. In fact, I don't even go to church."

"I just thought, you know, the way you talk and all..." I said putting my foot further in my mouth.

He let it drop. "Anyway don't worry about it," he said. "I have AAA road service. I've never actually used it so they probably won't care. If they do, I'll just put it on my card. It's really hot out here so why don't you sit in my car while I work on it."

He led me over to his car. The air conditioning made it feel great inside. He also had a cooler of soda in the trunk and he gave me one. I sat there for about 10 minutes letting myself sink into the buttery soft leather and drinking that soda when I realized that I would really rather be outside with him. I actually hoped that he wouldn't be able to get the car running for a while so I could spend more time with him.

I got out of the car and wandered over to see what he was doing. He was reconnecting some wires coming out of one part of the motor. As soon as he connected them he took a little metal brush with wire bristles out and scraped of some of the corrosion around the battery cables. He tried to start it and it was better. I could hear the starter whining again where it hadn't before.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,792 Followers