Scared Sara

Story Info
She was afraid to let down her defences.
6.5k words
4.55
38.9k
26

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 09/09/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MarsAres
MarsAres
33 Followers

Thank you Kttn, Yankee Dan and every_horizon for editing.

* * * * *

I stopped my bike in front of the registrar's office and cut the engine. This was my first day at college and I had butterflies in my stomach. I had chosen this college because it was almost six hours drive away from my parents' home and no one from my family had ever attended here.

I have this rebellious streak that gets me into trouble more often than not and absolutely refuse to do the expected... the expected being to attend the country's top university that most of my older cousins had gone to.

I took off my helmet and my dark, curly hair tumbled down my back. I have mixed parentage and my looks were exotic, so I've been told. I got my dark colouring from my mother and at 5'10" I got my father's height.

I quickly parked and secured my bike. A scene of mild chaos surrounded me. Senior students greeting old friends, faculty members organizing new students, parents' dropping off children, or even escorting them to get registered. Quite a few new students were on their own looking lost trying to find their way around. Just like me, I thought.

I walked quickly towards the Registrar's office, grabbing the documents I needed.

"Need some help, gorgeous?"

A guy was swaggering towards me accompanied by catcalls and whistles from his group of friends lounging about a few yards away. I ignored him and went on walking when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

"What's the hurry, babe?"

"Don't touch me," I answered coldly.

I wrenched my hand free, grabbed his wrist, then windmilled his arm causing him to land on his back with a loud thump.

Turning on my heel I quickly walked away hoping the idiot wouldn't want to pursue this further. I could hear his friends' howls of laughter in the background.

I registered and did all the course selection, got my schedule and accommodation details without too much trouble. I walked out of the building and started to look through all the documentation I'd received. I was trying to figure out the map to get to my apartment and not looking where I was going when I suddenly I bumped into someone.

"Oh! I'm sorry, excuse me!" I said startled. Looking up from my notes, I was confronted by the hostile eyes of the guy I'd tangled with earlier.

Oh, brother! I do not need this, not on my very first day at school.

"So, got everything sorted out?"

"Yes, thanks," I replied and tried to side step him.

"Hey, not so fast! I was just trying to be helpful." He grabbed my arm then dropped it just as quickly when he saw my glare.

"That's okay, I've got everything under control," I said trying to be pleasant. I just wanted to get away from the creep! I knew my earlier display had been noticed and didn't want to be branded a trouble maker.

I almost ran to my bike in my haste to get away from him. When I was just a few feet away from my bike, I heard rapid footsteps behind me. Damn! Why can't the idiot just let it go?

I side stepped quickly, put my foot out and bingo! The idiot tripped and sprawled all over the pavement. While he was dazed, I got on my bike, switched on the engine and roared away with a big grin on my face.

I knew that wasn't the end of it. I'd made him look a fool twice, in front of his friends and half the college and for creeps like him, revenge was going to be sweet. Well, fine. If he wanted war, I'll give him war!

College was turning out to be great. My lecturers were wonderful and my classmates cool. My room mate, Helen, a beautiful bubbly blond was doing an economics course.

Helen was turning out to be a godsend for someone like me. I'm a sociable person generally but I have this perverse streak and like to provoke people just to see how they'd react.

From the moment I introduced myself to her on that first day, Helen just knew that my attitude was an act. I was having fun being impossible just to provoke a reaction and Helen's way of dealing with it was to treat me like a spoiled four year old... she ignored me! I love that girl!

"Sara, me and the guys are going to do the club round tonight. You want to come along?"

"Nah, don't think so, I've got this paper to finish."

"It's Friday night, for heaven's sake!"

"Anyway, your guys don't like me," I continued, pretending not to hear Helen's protest.

"Can you blame them?" Helen asked, exasperated.

"No," I grinned back at her.

"I really don't understand you. You're gorgeous with a body to die for, which you like to flaunt, by the way. I know you're a warm, caring person, and yet, you put on this bitch act, which makes people feel like slapping you as soon as you open your mouth! Why?!"

"I like to provoke people."

"Yes, like I said, why?"

"Its fun to see their reaction, you know? Most people are just so predictable."

"One of these days you're going to get a reaction that you won't be able to handle, mark my words. After all, since you've been here you've already made, like, how many enemies? Blake's gang are just itching to get their hands on you, you've alienated half your classmates, not to mention mine. You've beaten senior guys in your martial arts class just to prove you could, out raced the school's biker gang and you do all this without breaking a sweat and keeping that irritating grin on your face!"

"Yeah, I'm good aren't I?" I grinned.

"What am I going to do with you?" Helen asked irritably.

"You can leave me to finish my paper."

Helen glared at me and walked away.

I went to answer the door when the bell rang some time later since Helen was still getting dressed. I opened it and there were the 'three stooges' as I've labeled them. Lucien Neils, Barry Donahue and Mike Peterson. These guys were Helen's best friends at college and the four of them always hung out together.

Barry and Mike were in her Economics class whilst Lucien was doing Biotechnology, like me. She'd hooked up with them on the first day of school and now the four of them were inseparable. Helen was always trying to include me into their gang but because of my wicked tongue, the guys weren't too fond of me. And me being my perverse self, I needled them all the more!

"Hey... the three stooges are here. Come on in, Helen should be ready soon."

"The wicked witch of the west is in top form as usual" Mike said sarcastically. He was the one who usually replied to my needling. Lucien would roll his eyes and looked resigned, while Barry was too interested in Helen to notice anything.

"So, is the witch leaving her dungeon tonight to wreck mischief and mayhem on us poor mortals?" Mike continued.

"Not tonight dah-ling, I've got a paper to finish" flashing a saucy grin at them, I went back into my room.

"Are you sure you don't want to join us Sara?" Helen asked, sticking her head round the door.

"Yeah I'm sure. Have fun!"

I stood up after I'd finished my paper and stretched tiredly, suppressing a yawn. Boy, I'm bushed. I went out to go to the bathroom but just as I reached it, I thought I heard faint snores coming from the sitting room.

I went to investigate and found Lucien sprawled on the sofa sleeping. What the heck was he doing here? I thought he'd left with the rest.

I hesitated in waking him, he looked so peaceful sleeping there. His long limbs were stretched out all over the sofa, one leg trailing to the floor and a hand flung over his head. I saw his glasses on the side table.

I'd never really looked at him before and found to my surprise that he was actually quite good looking. I knew he was a good bit taller than me and his body looked fit. He had dark, burnished gold hair but I'd never noticed what colour his eyes were as it was always hidden behind his glasses. Now that his glasses were off, I could see his lashes were long and thick.

My, but he's quite a yummy specimen!

I kneeled down by the sofa trying to be as quiet as possible. I didn't want him to wake up and find me there, my reputation would be ruined! Very softly I touched his hair, the thick strands were so silky. I couldn't resist leaning up and lightly touched my lips to his hair.

I sat back and continued looking at Lucien. He'd always been more tolerant and kinder than either Barry or Mike towards me. As I continued looking at him sleeping peacefully on the sofa, I felt uncharacteristically sad. Shaking my head I stood up quickly and walked away.

I've never had a boyfriend, not because no guy was interested but because I've never found a guy whom I could respect. For me, respect and honesty comes before love. In fact, I've always looked on my friends' love affairs more like 'lust' affairs rather than love. And the guys I could go for, preferred the dainty, ladylike girls. Not a tall, motorcycle riding, martial arts expert with a smart mouth.

So, to protect myself from disappointment, I pretended I didn't need anyone. I was a smart, confident, self sufficient woman.

Yeah right! Pure crap. Who am I trying to kid?

Laughing softly to myself, I thought about Lucien. He was a nice guy, in fact, even Mike and Barry were great. Since I started college, I've met quite a few guys I wouldn't mind getting to know better. Maybe because college guys were more mature than high school kids.

Except for guys like Blake Harrington and his gang. Blake was a final year student and he was the guy I'd tangled with on my first day. His parents were rich and with his money and expensive sports car, he expected any girl he showed attention to, to be grateful and fall at his feet, or in his bed, to be more exact.

The few times I'd run into him around school, him and his gang would make loud insulting remarks about me. He tried to be physical too but stopped after he heard about my fighting abilities. I ignored him most of the time but there had been instances when I'd been very tempted to beat the crap out of him. One of these days I just might.

I was also afraid of opening up my heart. My cousin Shari, who was two years younger than me, had been badly hurt by a real bastard. Hurt not just emotionally, but also psychologically and physically. On top of that, he'd left Shari pregnant with his brat. The bastard really messed with her head and Shari was still going through therapy. After what happened with Shari, I vowed to myself that I would never ever allow myself to be a victim. No man was going to do that to me.

Lucien opened his eyes slowly. He'd actually been awake when Sara kissed his hair. He pretended to be asleep to see what she'd do next. When she didn't do anything and he felt her looking at him, he wanted to open his eyes so that she'd know he was awake. But before he could do so, she'd got up and walked away.

He was very surprised when Sara kissed his hair. The soft kiss was so unlike the usual hard, sassy persona she showed the world.

The first time he'd seen her was on the first day of school. When she'd taken off her helmet, he'd been thunderstruck by her sheer beauty. And her body! He knew guys got hard just looking at it. Her impossibly long legs and more than enough curves in all the right places, she was a knock-out!

When Blake heckled her, he wanted to come to her rescue until he saw that she was more than able to take care of herself.

That was the trouble with Sara. She was brilliant and drop dead gorgeous. She knew she was good and didn't mind showing it off. That bitchy, know-it-all attitude and sharp tongue made most people hate her.

Lucien had actually fallen in love with Sara from the first moment he saw her. At first it was her beauty he was attracted to but the more he got to know of her, the more he loved her. Her brilliant mind, her daring, her fighting skills, even her bitchy attitude.

He always thought that her attitude was just a front, no one could have been born so hard and spiteful. He pitied her when he saw her walking alone around the campus, and wondered what had happened that made her push people away, despite her many gifts.

Well, at least, his theory about her was correct.

He got up and walked to her room. Outside her door he hesitated. What could he possibly say to her?

Oh, what the hell! He knocked softly on her door.

I was startled to hear the knock. Helen couldn't be back yet, it was too early, besides, I hadn't heard voices. It must be Lucien, what could he possibly want?

I opened the door a crack. "What?" I inquired rudely when I saw Lucien standing there.

Blue eyes, he had dreamy blue eyes.

"Um... ah... um... are you okay?"

"Of course I'm okay. Why shouldn't I be?" I said glaring at him.

"Uh, of course. Sorry, just asking." He turned and started to walk away.

I opened the door wide and leaned against the doorframe. "Why were you sleeping on the sofa anyway? I thought you'd gone with the others."

Lucien turned back towards me. Damn, those blue eyes again! Get a grip on yourself girl!

Lucien could feel himself hardening as he looked at Sara. She was dressed for bed in short silk shorts with matching sleeveless top which bared her midriff. He could see her nipples poking through the soft material. Damn! Down boy. He hoped Sara wouldn't notice his hard on.

"Sorry. I really felt too tired to go with them tonight but Mike and Barry insisted I come along. When I heard you weren't joining, I asked Helen whether I could just crash on your sofa. I stayed up all last night and all day today finishing the paper Professor Atkins gave us. That the same paper you were working on?"

"Yeah."

"And you finished it, in what, two hours?" he shook his head in amazement.

"More like three. Tonight I was just compiling all the data, I'd done my research earlier."

"You're still amazing Sara."

"Of course I am." I gave him my usual cocky grin, the one that irritated the hell out of people.

"Um.. Sara, could we talk?"

"'Course we could. We're talking aren't we?"

"I mean seriously."

"Oh, you mean you telling me I'm amazing is not serious talk? Okay, I guess I could live with that" I said shrugging my shoulders, still grinning.

Lucien sighed. It was his usual sigh whenever I was being impossible. I grinned wider at that.

"Why did you kiss me just now?" he asked softly.

My grin abruptly disappeared and I started to blush. I couldn't meet his eyes.

"I didn't kiss you," I protested.

"Okay, you want to be technical about it, I'll rephrase my question. Why did you kiss my hair while I was sleeping on the sofa just now? Clear enough?"

"Except you weren't sleeping, were you? You were playing possum. Why? Were you hoping I'd go further and maybe kiss you somewhere else? So that if anything happened, you could say you were innocent and accuse me of seducing you? Is that it?" I was almost yelling at him but the anger was mostly directed at myself. I was horribly embarrassed.

"You are unbelievable," he muttered angrily, glaring at me. He turned and walked away.

"What?! What's so unbelievable?" I chased after Lucien. "I'm unbelievable because I refuse to be like the other silly girls and swallow the bullshit you guys constantly feed us? Unbelievable because I refuse to fall into the beds of all you high and mighty guys when you show us a little attention? Unbelievable bec-- umph!" Lucien had stopped abruptly and in my anger I hadn't noticed and bumped into him.

Lucien turned, one hand pulling me tight against him, the other at the back of my head and brought my mouth to his and kissed me! He was grinding his hips into me and I could feel his hardness through his jeans while his mouth plundered mine. He kissed me hungrily, his tongue mating with mine. I was so shocked I didn't do anything but just let him kiss me.

My god, he was hot! Who would have thought he had it in him? He was making me wet. I clutched his shirt trying to pull him closer and wound my arms around his neck, playing with his gorgeous hair.

Lucien's mouth slowly released mine. I opened my eyes and stared into his twinkling ones. Raising his eyebrows he asked, "So, are you ready to fall into my bed?"

Bastard!

I pushed him away and yelled, "No! Not even in your dreams buster!"

"Too late, you're already in my dreams" he grinned.

"Well you can just stop dreaming then 'cause it ain't gonna happen!" I glared at him.

His hands reached for me but I slapped them away. "Don't Lucien. I'm warning you, I can and will break every bone in you body!"

Lucien sighed and looked sadly at me. "Why does every situation have to be a fight with you Sara? You liked my kiss just now, don't lie and tell me you didn't. With all your faults, I've always found you to be honest, brutally so sometimes. Let's have a little honesty now."

"Fine, let's be honest. Why did you want to kiss me anyway, with all my 'faults'?" I sneered.

"Why wouldn't any man want to kiss you Sara? You know what you look like. Even if you were covered up like a nun, men would still want you. Dressed the way you are now..." he shook his head slowly, his eyes dark with desire.

Damn! That was not the answer I needed. I crossed my arms across my chest and looked down, I couldn't bring myself to meet his eyes. Tonight is not a good night for me, my throat was closing up and I could feel my tears starting.

Taking a deep breath, I blinked back my tears. I still couldn't meet his eyes. "Please leave Lucien. It's late and I'm tired. Just... please go" I said quietly.

I suddenly felt Lucien's arms surrounding me, pulling me gently onto his chest. Oh, it was so tempting to just let go and accept his embrace, but I couldn't. To him and any other man, I was just a sexy body, to be used and discarded. I will not let myself be used that way!

I stiffened and pushed him away. "Don't touch me!" I said through gritted teeth, looking at him. "Just because I liked your kiss doesn't mean I'm ready to fall into bed with you. Get out Lucien, just get out!"

He sighed again. "Stop sighing!" I yelled at him. "You think just because you sigh and look sad, I'll take pity on you and just do what you want?"

"Is that why you think I sigh?" he asked softly.

"I don't know and I don't want to know!" I said angrily and turned my back on him. I was hoping he'd take the hint and leave.

When I didn't hear any sound from him, I peeked quickly behind. He was sitting on the sofa looking down at his hands clasped together on his knees and he looked dejected. Why should he look so sad? I'm the one who's sad! I was getting angry again. Why won't he just leave?

I started to stalk back to my room. Lucien wanted to sit there the whole night then I won't stop him!

"Sara," he called softly. His voice sounded strained. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry what I said hurt you and I'm sorry I forced myself on you. I'm usually more tactful than this. There's nothing I can say to excuse my behaviour tonight."

I had stopped when he started speaking but still had my back to him. I didn't know how to respond.

I was getting cold though so I walked quickly to my room and grabbed my robe. By the time I got back to the sitting room, Lucien was at the front door about the step out.

"Lucien wait!"

He turned to look at me uncertainly.

"Why don't you have a seat and let's try and talk like two rational adults rather than spoilt kids yelling at each other?"

He looked relieved and walked back.

"Would you like some coffee?" I offered.

"Coffee would be great" he replied smiling.

I brought coffee for Lucien and tea for myself then sat across from him. I noticed that he couldn't quite meet my eyes either. We both sipped our drinks, neither one quite sure how to start.

After a rather long uncomfortable silence, both of us started talking at once. It relieved the tension and we both laughed.

"Why don't you go first," Lucien offered.

"Actually, I don't really know what to say. I'm not even sure what tonight was about."

"Fine then. Let's go back to how all this started. I asked you why you kissed me, you haven't answered."

MarsAres
MarsAres
33 Followers
12