Scent of Ginger Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Case21
Case21
247 Followers

"As you can see, the subject is now in full possession of her faculties. Having experienced release, she is capable of restraint. Hannah, please stand up and introduce yourself."

It was the first time he had spoken my name or given me a direct order. This, I realized, was my test, my public examination. Having experienced such intense physical and emotional sensations, could I still stand before a room of respectable men of medicine and conduct myself like a proper woman?

Slowly, I sat up on the table. My skirts had already been arranged. I slipped down off the edge carefully, stood, and curtseyed.

"Welcome to all our honored and esteemed guests." I said in my mildest tones. "My name is Hannah. I was once a maid-servant at Ravenscourt Manor. I had difficulties there with speaking and acting out in my sleep, which disturbed the household staff. Now, I am a grateful patient of the Doctor—" (here I sought and obtained his permission with a glance) "—Theophilus of Ravenscourt. Under his care, I have improved a great deal. I ask that you please support his continued efforts. I wish you all a good evening."

I curtseyed again. I nearly fell. Seeing this, the Doctor motioned to one of the younger, stronger interns, who took me from the theatre back into the antechamber. The Doctor did not touch me, nor guide me out of the room himself. He had not even a glance at me. It was clear: he was finished with me.

The instant I was out, my tears began to flow.

"How could he be so cold?" I whispered. Then, more loudly, "How could he?!" I lashed out at a table, upsetting it. The intern stepped forward to grip my shoulder.

"The Doctor requires you to lie down and calm yourself now. Come with me."

"No! I must see him, now!"
"He has ordered it. I don't wish to call the night-watchman, but I will."

I struggled half-heartedly, knowing there was no way for me to resist the intern's strength but still trying to make things difficult. He lock-stepped me to a ward room with many empty identical beds and strapped me down to the one nearest the door. I heard his footsteps echo as he left me.

Then, against all expectation, he paused and returned.

"He will come for you after the reception, miss. I swear it."

There was a surprising compassion in his voice. I looked up and saw before me the horrified face of a young country man, not much out of his boyhood. But I didn't want a country boy. I wanted my Doctor.

"Send for him now. Please. Please."

"He will come. You must wait."

What choice did I have? It was always my part to wait.

Case21
Case21
247 Followers
12