Schemes of the Unknown Unknown Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Resale value," suggested Gidding.

"Maybe," said Iliescu. "But more likely you just wanted to add it to the largest private collection of space cruisers, titanium tanks and firearms, both ancient and modern, that anyone has ever amassed. It is this death star of yours that I want in exchange for the patents I am willing to offer. I want full ownership. That includes the secret codes that enable you to launch this fearsome arsenal."

"Why do you want something like that?" wondered Gidding.

"You really don't need to know why I want your little death star," said Iliescu. "Maybe it's a hobby of mine, as it is of yours, to collect military hardware. Maybe I would prefer to be the one who has ownership of such a lethal device rather than you or one of the more errant colonies in the one tenth of the Solar System that refuses to be governed by international law. Maybe I just like the idea of being the most powerful man in the Solar System. I would prefer you didn't know and I will ensure that should you tell anyone of this conversation that it will probably be the last thing you'll ever do."

"Have I got a choice in this transaction?" Gidding asked.

"Not really," Iliescu admitted. "I'm not a man accustomed to having my offers rebuffed. But I much prefer the taste of carrot to the application of a stick. Although I'm not so sure that you mightn't have other preferences."

"When would I have access to the patents you mentioned?" asked Gidding.

"As soon as one of my assistants, maybe Daphne here," Iliescu tilted his head towards his assistant who was still carrying her head in her arm and looking none the worse for it, "enters on board the death star or doomsday device or whatever you wish to call it and reports back to me that all is in order."

"That would take at least six months space travel," said Gidding.

"It'll be rather less with the technology to which I'm willing to let you have access," said Iliescu. "I'm not a patient man. I have many other items on my business agenda to attend to. I would urge that you agree now. And I would add that should you not consent as readily as I expect you to, your sojourn in Almond Grove, while still very agreeable, may last for a very long time."

Gidding was not used to such blatant blackmail, but Iliescu was only applying to him much the same business etiquette that Gidding also applied in his more lucrative commercial transactions. This was particularly so with the government of Pallas who were initially far from accommodating.

"I'll need to examine the fine print," said Gidding at last.

"I'm sure you'll find it all in order," said Iliescu. "I'm convinced that you will be very impressed of the extent to which I am willing to enrich the shareholders of the Gidding Corporation."

12