Second Chance? Ch. 01

Story Info
A second chance on love.
816 words
3.68
9.1k
2

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/25/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers

I can still remember how his hands felt on my body the first time he touched me. I can still remember the taste of his kisses.

It had been ten years since I had seen Roberto and yet when I ran into him last week it felt as if all of my old feelings came flooding back. When he brushed my arm, it felt as if I was a live wire. How after this much time could I still have feelings for him?

Now as I sit in my room late at night, I cannot help but think about what could have been. What if I begged him to stay on the day he had walked out on me? Would I still be alone or would the two of us still be together? I could say what if until I turned blue in the face. I would not change a damn thing. Yet now as I sit here in my room, I wonder if God had brought Roberto back into my life for a reason. Is this meant to be my second chance at a relationship with him? Should I take the chance on him again or will I just end up just crying into my pillow like I had ten years earlier? I take the little piece of paper that he had given me . I turned it around in my hand.

I finally picked up my cell phone and decided to take a chance. I decide to take a leap. My hands shake as I dial the phone. Am I really doing this? The phone rang twice before Roberto answered. "Hello."

"Hi," I said. I can picture his face on the other side of the phone line.

"It has been a long time. How have you been?"

"I've been good. I have just been incredibly busy."

"What you have been up to the last ten years?

"Let's see. After I finished high school I went to college and studied education."

"So you are a teacher that's great. What do you teach?"

"No I am not a teacher."

"Why not?"

"To make a long story short I let one jackass crush a dream I had since I was ten years old."

"You should not let one asshole stop you from accomplishing something that you truly wanted to do."

"That is what everyone I talk to tells me but that task is easier said than done." I sigh. "Some days I feel like she is a ghost who is going to haunt me for the rest of my life."

"You need to exorcise that ghost from your life. Put her in the past where she belongs. Do you know what we should do?"

"No what should we do?"

"We need to go out and celebrate your decision to move on from the horrible memory of your past."

Instead my head, I was thinking am going to celebrate the exorcism of one ghost with another ghost? "Hey come on it is not like I am asking you to sleep with me. It is only a drink," Roberto joked.

"Okay fine you twisted my arm." I was probably opening up a huge can of worms but at this moment I really did not give a damn. "Where do you want to meet?"

"Do you know of a place called Finnegan's?

"Yeah I've heard it."

"How about we meet there on Friday at around 6pm?"

"Sounds like a plan. I will see you on Friday." As I hung up the phone, I let my breath. Was I really going out with him? Had I lost my mind? My head seemed to be spinning in circles. I need to talk to someone immediately. I quickly punched in Denise's number.

"Hey stranger! Where the heck have you been hiding yourself?"

"Sorry I have been super busy. I should have called a hell of a lot sooner but you will never guess who I ran into last week."

"Who?"

"You remember Roberto from high school."

"Do you mean the guy you dated almost all of your junior year?"

"One and the same."

"What the hell did he want?"

"Just to catch up, we have not talked in ten years, Denise. I'm going to meet him at Finnegan's on Friday for a drink."

"Be careful."

"It is only a drink, Denise . It is not like I am going to sleep with him or anything."

"Just be careful. He hurt you once I would hate it to happen again."

"Thanks for looking out for me but I'll be fine. I will call you afterward and tell you how it went."

"You'd better. I want details." As I hung up the phone, I realized that she had every reason in the world to be concerned . When it came to Roberto, it was as if he had some sort of magically hold on me.

elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers