Second Chance? Ch. 02

Story Info
Could this be love?
1.2k words
3.89
8.1k
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/25/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers

The rest of the week just seemed to fly by. I woke up Friday morning and was a bundle of nervous energy. I know this was only a drink but maybe just maybe this could be a new beginning for Roberto and I. Don't rush things I kept saying to myself as I got dressed for work. I had made the mistake of rushing things back when we were in high school and look where that had gotten us.

As I drove to work that day, I was planning out what I was going to wear that night. Finnegan's was a little hole in the wall Irish pub so it did require anything too fancy when it came to clothes. Yet I don't want to dress to casual because I want make a good impression. Maybe I should wear my tight tan slacks with the zipper on the side . Yeah those would definitely work. They were just tight enough to show off my ass but not so tight that they were bursting at the seams. Now what the heck am I going to wear with them . I wanted to wear my black sandals but did I have time paint my nails when I got home. If I didn't have time then there was no way I could even think about open toed shoes. My feet looked horrendous. Now let's see the shirt has to be sexy but not too sexy I don't want him stripping me naked right then and there. The black and white floral print that I had gotten the garage sale last weekend would be perfect. It showed just enough cleavage but not so much that I looked like a hooker.

I pulled into work and seriously wish I could skip working all together. All I could think about was tonight . I had not spent any time with him in years. Was the chemistry still there or was I imagining things? While the rest of the week had flown by today seemed to drag. Eight hours felt fifteen and I could not wait for four o'clock to arrive. When the clock struck four, I bolted for the door.

I drove home, I had to remind myself not to speed . It would not help me have time to get ready if I got stop by a police officer. In my mind , I started a check list of everything I had to do in order to get ready.

As I opened the door to my apartment, I reminded myself to breath. You have an hour and a half. Finnegan's is only ten minutes away. First thing I did was to grab a brand new razor . It might be funny but even though I had no intention of letting him touch me down there I just never feel comfortable going on a date without being completely smooth. Next I started the shower, I made sure it was nice and hot. After regulating it to the perfect temperature, I jumped in. It felt so good to have the warn water cascading down my body. If I had not had some place to go, I could have stayed there forever.

After I got out of the shower , I went over to my closet and pulled out what I was going to wear. Oh and of course, the pants are a wrinkled mess, I quickly grab the iron. This was just what I needed. Thankfully it did not take long for me to get the creases out. I finished getting ready to go.

It was five forty as I pulled out of my driveway, I figured I would give myself a bit of extra time just in case I ran into traffic on the way there. As I drove, I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. Ten minutes later , I pulled into the Finnegan's parking lot. So much for the two tons of traffic, you prepared for I said to myself. Now you are here ten minutes earlier and your lucky is that he is going to be late . Might as well go inside and wait instead of sitting in the car and looking like an idiot. I got out of the car, locked it, and set the alarm.

As I walked towards the building, I could feel my heart beating almost out of my chest. He may not even be here yet and you are getting this nervous calm down you moron I said to myself. As soon as I opened the doors, I saw Roberto. He was sitting at the very end of the bar farthest away from the door. I walked over to him.

"I guess I wasn't the only one who was eager to get here," he said with his trademark grin on his face.

"I thought I might hit traffic," I said.

"Yeah right, you just couldn't wait to see your old pal, Roberto."

"Okay maybe you are a little right. It has been way too long."

"That's for sure. Why haven't you called?"

"I could ask you the same thing. If I remember our last conversation correctly, you told me to lose your number so that's exactly what I did."

"I was just angry. You should have known I did not mean it."

"Yeah, well you could have called me. I never told you to lose my number."

"I know and I should have. I feel like a complete jerk for that."

"It's all water under the bridge, We can't change the past."

"Put the past in the past and look forward to the future. So what are you drinking?"

"Blue Moon Ale with no orange please."

"Can we have one Blue Moon Ale hold the orange for the lady and a Yuenling for me?"

"Coming right up." The bartender handed us our drinks.

"Let's toast."

"To what?"

"To the renewal of a wonderful friendship." Roberto raised his glass.

"To new beginnings and second chances." As our glasses clinked, I thought to myself. Maybe even a second chance at romance. As the night rolled on I wished it would never end. After our third beers, we both switched to soda that we would be sober enough to drive home. It felt like old times . We laughed so much my side started to hurt.

"I can't believe that we waited this long for a reunion," Roberto said.

"Me neither." I seriously was regretting losing his number years earlier. I took a look at my watch. It was almost midnight. "Sadly this reunion must come to an end because I have to be up early for work in the morning."

"Let me walk you to your car." He paid the bill. "This has been a wonderful night."

"Yes it truly has." In the back of my head I kept saying please ask me to hang out again but I kept my mouth shut. We walked through the parking lot hand in hand. "Well this is me," I said. Before I could open the car door, he leaned in and kissed me. "We should definitely do this again some time."

"Do you mean the date or the kiss?"

"Both. How does Wednesday sound?"

"I would really like that but we would have to make it an early night because I have to be up for work at six."

"That's fine. Maybe we could have dinner."

"Sounds good." He leaned in for one more kiss. "Good night."

"Good night." As I drove off I could not help but get this incredibly warm feeling in my heart.

elphaba69
elphaba69
24 Followers