Second Chances

Story Info
Long time co-workers finally get together.
21k words
4.78
48.3k
46

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 01/15/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a story co-written with a woman who I like to refer to as my favorite GILF. This story, which may or may not be a one-off, is strongly based on our actual first time together. Our story will be told from alternating points of view. Keep in mind, just as there was a long build-up to our actually getting together, so there is in this story. Please be kind in your comments, as this is my GILFs first attempt at writing.

**********

Kurt

Teri and I had known each other for about 10 years, having worked for the same company starting when we were both in our early 30's. We worked for different departments, but quite often had to work on projects together. Over that time, as we progressed up the ladder at work we got to know each other quite well, and as often happens, we would talk about our personal lives.

As the years progressed, we both grew unhappy in our home lives. Both of our marriages started to sour, and we used each other to vent about our respective spouses.

As time went on, we eventually began joking about how we should just dump our partners and have them get together, since they seemed so similar, and that would leave us alone to explore other options, including each other.

I had always considered Teri to be a beautiful woman. Just an inch or so shorter than me, she is very curvy, with a large chest and what seemed like a nice ass. She would often wear skirts to work, and I knew that she had a great set of legs, especially when she wore short heels. Quite often, I thought that she caught me looking her body over, but she never said anything to me about it. Her silence always made me wonder if she didn't actually enjoy the attention. From what she told me, especially after the semi-regular Friday after-work drinks with a few other co-workers, her husband never seemed to pay any attention to her.

*****

Teri

I really enjoy my position as head of office projects. As the "go to" person when new projects come into the company, I get to see everyone in the company at one time or another. I meet with the different teams and together we go over the plans, get the proper equipment and permits, etc. in place and get the ball rolling. I have one favorite co-worker Kurt. When certain projects come through I need to work closer with him and those are the times that work gets more interesting.

Over the years Kurt has not only been a wonderful co-worker who helps me with the things I am not the best with on some projects, but he has turned into a great friend who, when I had a really bad weekend would sense it and would get me to talk about what was on my mind. He is someone who has that shoulder to lean on that everyone needs to have, that one special friend that you know you can just open up to and not be judged. In turn he would rarely open up on how things were in his marriage.

Lately on those occasions, I would find myself dreaming of fantasies that involved Kurt and me.

I have always admired his bright blue eyes and cheerful hellos. He would often stop for an extra few minutes for a short catch-up conversation on how things were going. I admired his strong physique as he would lean against the wall of my cubical and talk to me. It was sometimes hard to make a conversation with him when my mind would drift off into fantasyland, thinking how wonderful those well-built arms would feel getting a hug from him. Wondering if the way his jeans hung on him was as "manly" as his upper body seemed to look through his shirts.

It was always harder to concentrate on matters at hand in the conference room when Kurt, myself, and a few others would be working on a project and had to work out a new project's plans. Getting that close to him, to be able to smell his cologne and see his muscles flex as he leaned on the table across from me with his hands... Those were the days that made going home to what I was living with a lot easier. Kurt was always the flirt, and I always flirted right back. He always lifted my spirits. Even though I felt he could never really feel anything for me, I liked to think that he liked me more than just a co-worker.

*****

Teri and I had been working together so long, some of our co-workers referred to us as "work married." I was her "work husband," and she was my "work wife." Hearing comments like that did nothing to calm my growing desires for her.

When I went through my divorce, I think that she was more surprised than any one. I rarely spoke about my marriage at work, and especially not to her. I knew that she was going through a tough time with her asshole of a husband and really didn't want to burden her with my problems.

One night shortly after my divorce was final, she asked what I was planning on doing with myself now that I was free. She looked stunned, and then laughed softly when I told her that now I was just going to have to wait for her.

"Yeah, right," she replied after taking a sip of her drink. "Like you're not going to have a line of women in and out of your new bachelor pad."

"Nope," was my only reply. Secretly, I thought to myself that I would be happy if I could get her there, even once.

I knew that Teri was at least as unhappy in her marriage as I was in mine, and I tried being subtle on our Friday after-work drink sessions when our co-workers would ask about being single again. I wanted her to know how much better life could be when it wasn't spent in turmoil.

*****

Monday morning. It's been 2 weeks since I've been back to work. I took some unexpected, unannounced personal time off. Mid-morning, Kurt came down the hall where my cubicle was like he does every day since I've been working here.

"Hey beautiful," was his usual line when he popped his head in to say 'hello' on passing.

"You doing ok? Where have you been the last 2 weeks? Office hasn't been the same without you around."

In response to his questions all I said was, "I needed some time to take care of a few things," and left it at that.

As the week went on, Kurt kept pressing me with, "Is everything ok?" comments due to the fact that I was more buried into my work and quieter than I have been in the past. I always answered back with a simple "Yes, all's fine," and he would shrug his shoulders and remind me that his shoulders were strong enough to lean on IF I needed to vent again. Thanking him, I would go back to my work and he moved onto his.

Friday was finally here, and Kurt asked me if I was joining the gang for our usual end of week drinks before heading home. I said "Yes, I'll join everyone shortly," as I had to wrap up a project file before I could leave.

On joining everyone already on their 2nd drinks, Kurt asked me if I was ready for my usual glass of wine. I said, "Nope, I need something stronger," and ordered a Captain & coke. Kurt, looking surprised, took my order, bought me my drink, and placed it in front of me.

"Ok, lady spill the beans," he told me firmly. "Why the quiet week, and now the hard stuff?"

I glanced at everyone around the table downed my drink, asking for a second one as everyone looked on in surprise. I usually nurse my wine, one glass to their two.

I took a deep breath and told them all the reason that I was gone for the last 2 weeks. I had finally moved out and was getting a divorce.

I looked across the table at Kurt to see his reaction and it was hard to tell if he was glad to hear the news or not. We always would tease each other when we were flirting about how we wish we were out of our marriages, and what would happen.

The others had their comments of comfort to make me feel better but Kurt didn't say a word he just sipped on his beer. We toasted to better, happier times, and as we clanked bottles and glasses my mind started drifting off back to some of the comments said between Kurt and I when flirting at the office.

**********

'Holy crap!' I thought to myself. 'That was a shocker!'

My next set of thoughts included things like, how much time do I give her before I make a move? SHOULD I make a move? Was she serious in her flirting, or was it just harmless playing?

Fortunately, I had the weekend to think about the sudden change of events. I decided to try and play things cool, and to see what Teri did.

Monday morning was our usual staff meeting. The first thing that I noticed as I walked in to the conference room was Teri. Sitting in her customary seat toward the far end of the table, with my normal seat next to her still empty, she almost had a glow to her.

In all of the years that I had worked with her, I don't think that I had ever seen a smile on Teri's face like the one that I saw that morning. She was laughing at something as I walked in, and then made a crack about how I was 'late,' and not my usual fifteen minutes early.

I just smiled and nodded as I sat down, also noticing that Teri was dressed a lot differently than usual as she said hi to me. Soon after, the owner of the company, known to everyone simply as 'the old man', walked in and our meeting started.

A couple of times during the meeting, as we both turned to face whomever was speaking, I noticed that her leg bumped or brushed against mine. That immediately distracted me with thoughts of, 'Did she do that on purpose, or was I just imagining things?'

As the meeting broke up, Teri smiled at me and told me that she needed to talk to me about an upcoming project that our departments would be working on together. Returning her smile, I asked, "Your office, or mine?"

*****

While finishing some notes before I forgot my thoughts I said, "Yours, since you have the bigger desk for the plans. How about we brown bag it and have a working lunch so we can get out of here on time? This meeting went longer then I had hoped, and I still have piles of files and forms to go through."

Kurt shrugged his shoulders, saying, "Sure if you bring lunch."

I turned in my chair to face him. "Ok, I guess, since I am imposing on your office. Let's say one o'clock."

As I stood to leave the conference table my heel hooked on the rim of my chair and I fell forward into Kurt's face. His hands reached out to grab me and I came inches from smacking my face right into his. Our eyes meet closely for the first time ever. It seemed like I was staring into those baby blues for hours but it was only seconds. His warm sweet breath was caressing my neck.

His hands gripped my forearms and pushed me up saying, "Wow...what was in that coffee? I think I want some next meeting!"

I smoothed out my skirt trying to gather my composure, my face feeling very flushed. I responded, "Oh hush! See you at 1." I turned and walked out of the room before I could make more of a fool of myself.

As I walked down the hall back to my office I couldn't stop thinking about the deep gaze into Kurt's eyes. It was like being on a deserted beach looking into the deep blue ocean with awe of the spectacular view.

I sat in my chair, looked at the clock and saw I had 2 hours before my lunch meeting in Kurt's office.

Blushing again, I wondered if he noticed me all flushed over my little mishap. Wondering if he is going to have anything to say. Did he think it was intentional? Was it subconscious? Oh my, my heart took a jump with that thought. WAS I subconsciously flirting more physically now that I cut my ties loose and knew he was also available?

Biting on my pencil in a daze of wrong thoughts considering the work piled on my desk I hear a voice at my doorway saying "Stuck on an issue? You look deep in thought."

I looked over and saw Shirley from across the way. I smiled and said "I'm good, just looking at this pile wondering which one to tackle first. You know how that is!"

Shirley said "Sorta. I am glad I don't have your job, although I wouldn't mind working close to Kurt like you get to."

Hearing that didn't settle too well with my ears. I felt something I haven't felt before when hearing his name. I said "Shirley, you think Kurt is hot?"

She says back, "HOT? Hell I have been flirting with him ever since I heard through the grapevine that he was back on the market, and he doesn't seem to notice. A few of the other girls at lunch also said they have tried to get his attention but all he does is smile and say hello, nothing more. Not what one would think a new man on the market would do, but then again we are all at work so maybe he isn't wanting to risk his position flirting on job."

I said maybe, and left it at that. I excused myself, saying I had to hit the piles so I could get out on time today.

At 12:30, I ran to the building next door to grabbed some soup and sandwiches from Panera and was back up to Kurt's office promptly at 1.

"Knock knock," I said as entering his office. I often wondered why he had this massive office with the sweet view of the city behind his contractor's desk, and I am the go to person in the cubicle. I saw he was on the phone with one of the crews. Some big issue must have been happening because his tone of voice was one I never heard.

He waved me in and pointed to a smaller desk on the other wall. He had it set with 2 bottles of water, ready for our lunch.

I walked carefully over to the table and set out lunch while he finished his call. I didn't notice he was on the cell phone because as I turned back around he was right there behind me and for the second time today I smacked right into him. This time his chest!

His tight muscular chest bump hard against my breasts. I felt an instant reaction when my nipples grew firmer. I was hoping he didn't notice my reactions to my body touching his like that, but for the moments I was there, I was going to cherish the new feelings brewing inside me.

My arms reached out, this time grabbing his forearms. I had those strong arms in my hands finally. After all those times just admiring them, I actually had a hold of them. They felt exactly as I had always dreamed.

He didn't seem to mind the extra closeness because he made no move. He did seem to enjoy the pressure of my breasts against his chest just as much as I did.

His hands were on my hips holding me steady. Not sure how much more of this I could handle, all I could muster up to say, as my eyes were once more staring into those baby blues was, "Hi again!"

Kurt laughed and said in that flirty tone that he uses on me once in a while, "Let's eat lunch before we have dessert. Even though it looks tasty, it's not as tasty looking as you are today."

Again, I could felt my face blushing, and was lost for a comeback. All I could do was just turn and sit in my chair and say "Let's eat."

'What just happened?' I thought to myself as we sat semi-quietly for a few minutes eating our lunches. 'What was he thinking? Was he thinking I was coming on to him too strong, too fast?' even though I really wasn't intentionally doing those things today.

Was I going to end up putting distance between two friends, after all this time of being there for each other? I was finding myself getting scared. I had to get off of this train of thought. I was being ridiculous.

I started a small casual conversation in between bites but we weren't as chatty as we have been in past length of times together. This was different for some reason.

Once done with lunch Kurt didn't waste any time, saying, "Let's hit the plans so you can get out of here on time today."

I looked at him saying, "OK."

He stood and stepped over to my chair and said "Let's not have a 3rd encounter of the close kind today. Let me help you up. I may not survive the next one without injury!"

Taking his hand as I stood I said, "Would that be such a bad thing?"

He smiled, not letting go of my hand and walked me over to where the project plans were laid out, getting right to business.

While we were working, our hands brushed against each other as we pointed at different things on the plans. Our elbows and shoulders kept touching as well. I started to notice these things happening and I started thinking back to other work sessions like this, wondering if the same things happened and I never noticed, or was this a first and my body is like a magnet drawing his to me?

Am I really subconsciously wanting to feel a man's touch after all this time? I can't be. This is crazy. I didn't even have my court date yet for the divorce. After all I just moved out not that long ago.

As I pointed to an area that didn't look right to me I asked Kurt about it. Getting no response, I turned my head to look at him and noticed him looking down toward the plans, but like he's lost in space.

"Earth to Kurt. Did you hear me?"

Kurt popped his eyes up to mine, looked at me with a stammering voice and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry. What? Yeah... Ok, let me look that over."

I stood up and chuckled, saying "Are my planning sessions boring you today?"

As I stretched my back after being bent over the desk for an hour, I said, "Maybe we better call it quits for now. I have other things to finish up yet."

I gathered my notes and as I was heading to the door he just stared at me as he leaned on the table and said "Ok."

*****

'Holy crap!' I thought to myself as I watched Teri's ass sway out of my office. 'What the hell is going on?'

It was bad enough that I was having all sorts of thoughts about what I wanted to do to her, now we had to work very closely on what could be a year-long long project together. Was all of that contact intentional, or was it a happy accident?

'For fuck sake, man, get your shit together!' I told myself. 'You're 43 years old, and you're acting like a damn hormone-addled thirteen year-old!'

Over the next few months, Teri and I talked daily about our project. The sexual tension seemed to stay the way it had been, and now I was doubting whether it was intentional or not. I still joked and teased with her, but I didn't notice any change in her demeanor.

I eventually talked her into taking over the smaller desk in my office, as she was spending so much time with me anyway. Spending that much time together, we soon started talking about the progress of her divorce.

Her soon-to-be-ex was delaying matters because it seemed that he didn't want to lose his insurance coverage that he was getting through Teri. He even missed more than half of the meetings with their lawyers. She had all of her belongings, and was even getting comfortable in her new condo. He was the only thing holding up progress, and I knew that was starting to annoy her.

It wasn't long before the company Christmas party was fast approaching. The annual party was the biggest social event of the year for our company. The 'old man' was cheap and sexist (which was the reason that I had the big office and Teri, whose department was easily as important as mine, was stuck in a cubicle) but he went all out for the Christmas party.

The party was always a catered event, held in a ballroom of one of the biggest hotels downtown. The old man also made arrangements with the hotel to rent out rooms to anyone that wanted to spend the night instead of driving home after the party, something that I had taken advantage of the past few years.

This would also be the first year that Teri and I would both be going solo. In the couple of years following my divorce, I went to the party alone, and while I managed to have a good time, enjoying some of the attention that I got from Teri's friend Shirley and her main partner-in-crime, Barb, I wasn't looking for a hook-up, especially one that was work related.

As the day approached, our conversations naturally gravitated toward the party. We both had rented rooms at the hotel, and the only other thing that I knew was that Teri had apparently found a nice dress to wear.

The party was on a Friday night, about a week and a half before Christmas. That morning, I talked to Teri for a little while before I went out to our remote job sites and handed out the Christmas bonus checks. As I left, I told her that I would see her for a couple of pre-party drinks, and she joked about how I would need them to warm up, if I was going out in the sub-freezing temps that morning.