Second Chances Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers

To my dearest Sarah on your eighteenth birthday. May this book bring you joy, as you have made my life joyful. With all my love, Y.L.F. Thomas Martin

Brian swallowed hard, reading the inscription again. The handwriting looked masculine, and he could picture the man in the photo carefully penning the message. He was obviously someone who loved Sarah very much, but was Sarah the same woman as his angel? The fact that he had begun to think of her as not just an angel, but his angel, made it difficult to accept that another man had given her a book of love sonnets. And what did Y.L.F. stand for -- your loving friend - your loving fiancé?

Brian replaced the photo in the book and bundled it back with the others, just as he had found them. He closed the suitcase and took a deep, calming breath. He didn't want to admit it, but it looked as if there was likely another man with some claim to his angel's affection, at least if she was Sarah.

Although Brian searched, he didn't find any other clues to her identity. He tied the suitcase on his saddle and turned his horse toward home. He didn't want to think about it. He didn't like to think about it. But if what he suspected was true, he owed it to Sarah to help her rediscover her past and find the man in the photo.

Brian shook his head, pondering the strange workings of the human heart. It had been less than a day since he had rescued his angel. That was hardly any time, in the grand scheme of things. And yet, in that brief span of time, he had gone from being completely satisfied with his life to being deeply troubled by the prospect of losing a girl he barely knew.

********

Brian arrived home to find his angel, once again asleep on his bed. However, this time, she was fully dressed and lying on top of the quilts. He watched her for a few minutes, enjoying the sight of her. Giving in to temptation, he slipped his boots off and stretched out beside her, hugging her spoon like against his chest.

She sighed in her sleep, and snuggled closer, pulling his arm tight around her. Brian sucked in a silent breath as his hand landed on her soft breast. His needs waged a war with his conscience. The allure of her lush body begged him to make love to her. The cold reality that she might belong to another man made him pause. He was on the verge of deciding to do the right thing, when she arched her back, pressing her hardened nipple against his palm.

"Brian," she sighed softly.

His heart pounded as she writhed in her sleep, her lovely brow knitting in concentration as she licked her lips and moaned.

"Don't leave me, Brian," she breathed, frowning in her sleep.

Her entreaty, combined with such sumptuous womanly fare, was more than he could resist. His body had been in agony all night and most of the day just remembering how she had looked and felt in his arms. His heart had been aching since he had discovered the book and the photo. Holding her against him was like a soothing balm to both his body and heart. He might burn in hell for the sin, but there was no way he was walking away from her. He thrust the man in the photo from his mind and reached to claim his love.

"Wake up, my angel," he murmured near her ear. He nuzzled her neck and kneaded her breast. "Wake up, my love. I need you."

haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers
12