Secound Chance at Great Love

Story Info
I get a secound chance to love again.
8.5k words
4.69
17.2k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I should start this story two and a half years ago.

On a warm bright June morning, surrounded by friends and family we laid my beautiful wife Kerry, to rest in the cold ground. The breast cancer that ravaged her body had finally taken her life. The two years before had been a series of doctors, hospitals, and hospice. My heart was broken, but I knew her suffering was over, which gave me peace. I knew she was in a better place.

We had married just out of High School, Kerry 17 and me 19, both just teenagers. At the time everyone told us we would never make it, the marriage was doomed to failure, but we knew better. We started with absolutely nothing but my Chevelle Super Sport and a couple of poor paying jobs in Washington State. Over the 33 years of our marriage, we raised two sons, both married with children of there own. We bought a small farm a couple of years after we were married and had built it into a large profitable enterprise that one of our sons helped to operate. Life had treated us well.

The next 6 months were difficult, but being busy at the farm kept my mind off being alone. I wasn't really alone, my sons and daughter in laws kept close track of me. After harvest was over I decided that I needed to get some alone time to sort out my feelings and think about how I wanted to spend the remainder of my life.

I loaded up my Harley and hit the road to the south and warmer weather. I traveled Arizona, California, and New Mexico that winter. I met a lot of nice people, even a few ladies, visited some friends, and generally had a good time, and headed back to the farm in the spring with the satisfaction knowing I would be Ok alone, without a mate.

The next summer and fall was busy as usual at the farm. My friends would invite me for various social events, and they always seamed to include someone's single lady friend they thought I needed to meet. I had dinner with a few, but there was no spark, connection, or chemistry, what ever you might call it.

I am in good shape for being fifty four years old. I have a full head of hair, although it has this funny gray color in places. I'm not a hard body by any means, but at 5 feet 11 and 175 pounds and I still wear the same size I have my whole adult life. My body still does everything brain tells it to, it just may hurt a bit the next day. I have a life to live yet. It's not that I don't have an interest in women, I do; I had always enjoyed the female form. Kerry had elbowed my ribs many times over the years for staring. I didn't need a woman, I wanted a mate, someone that didn't need me, but wanted me as much as I wanted her.

Kerry and I had spent several vacations in Hawaii and it was always a favorite of mine especially Maui. So I planned a couple of months during the winter to be spent in Maui. I reserved a place in Kehei on the south side of the island. It was a small 4 unit condo, 2 story, 2 upper and 2 lower a few blocks up the hill from the beach.

I had an upper unit that also included a roof top Lani with lounge chairs, and a table and chairs. It was very private and had a great view of the water, and sunsets. The lower units were empty but the other upper had a middle aged couple staying when I got there. I didn't see much of them as they were gone most of the time.

I settled in and was enjoying morning walks on the beach, driving around the island in my rented jeep, and watching the sun settle into the ocean in the evenings. I was at peace with the world and all was well.

I had been there a couple of weeks and had said good by to a couple of groups below and next door, and was the only one staying there for a few day's. I had gone fishing on a charter boat and had caught a nice sized Mahi-Mahi. It was late afternoon when I returned to the condo and I could tell someone had moved in next door. I figured it was another couple as that had been the norm so far.

I fixed up my fish and took it up on the roof to BBQ, with a baked potato, and a beer and was looking forward to another quiet evening watching the sunset. I heard a car drive into the parking lot but didn't really think much about it until I heard female voices come up the stairs to the other upper condo. They where talking and laughing as I heard them enter there condo.

My fish was nearly done and was smelling great when I heard them come up the stairs to there rooftop Lani. There was a wall about 5 feet high between our Lani's, so all I could see was the top of there heads as they came out on top. One was brunette; the other was blonde and shorter because I could just barely see the very top of her head. They made small talk while they looked over the various things they could see. "Something sure smells good" echoed through the air as the brunette's head popped up over the wall.

"Sorry I didn't know anyone was over there" she said, adding with a giggle "You're so quiet."

"No problem, you must be my new neighbors. My name is Dale." I said.

"My name is Sharon, and this is Angie" as the blondes head popped up over the wall. "What are you cooking it smells fantastic" Sharon asked.

"Just a fresh Mahi-Mahi I caught this afternoon. I have it topped with some onions, lemon and pepper" I said. "Are you girl's hungry? I've got plenty."

They looked at each other and Angie said "We would love to. What can we bring? We just got back from the store and have everything."

"Well I'm short on salad and fixings" I said.

"Got it covered" Sharon said "How about a bottle of wine to go with it?"

"That'll work. Come on over" I said.

Without a moments hesitation the girls came through the gate between our Lani's. Sharon was in front. She was about 5'6" nice average figure, maybe 125-130 lbs, dressed in shorts and a loose pull over top. Angie was behind her, shorter 5' maybe 5'2", small, thin, couldn't have weighed more than 100 lbs, dressed in shorts and a form fitting top. Both looked to be in there late 30's maybe early 40's. I stepped forward and shook hands with Sharon, and turned to do the same with Angie. That's when I saw her eyes. They were the prettiest bright blue eye's I had ever seen and she had a smile that could melt ice. "I'm glad to meet you both" as I smiled back at Angie. "Welcome to Hawaii."

"Thanks, this is heaven compared to Colorado. It was snowing and blowing when we left." Angie said.

The girls got the salad together and we sat down and had a great meal, good conversation, and great wine. Sharon came up with a second bottle of wine as we watched the sunset. She got louder and funnier as the wine disappeared. We told jokes, ribald and otherwise, and laughed until tears ran down our cheeks. Angie was quieter, but always right in the middle with a funny comment.

I have always been an early riser, not being able to sleep late even when on vacation. Over the time I had been in Hawaii, I got used to getting up with the sun, enjoying a cup of tea on the roof as I watched the people down on the beach come to life for another day. I heard someone moving around next door, when I saw Angie come up the stairs carrying a cup. Her hair was wet, no makeup, dressed in kind of a running outfit.

"Good morning" I said thinking how good she looked.

I startled her, but her smile was quick and she said "Good morning to you."

"Where's your partner in crime from last night?" I asked laughing.

Laughing she answered "We won't see her until at least noon. I think she drank that whole second bottle of wine all by her self last night. I know I didn't drink any of it, and I noticed you didn't either. Besides she's not a morning person. I love the mornings, my head is clear; the air is fresh, just the best part of the day."

We chatted about last night as we finished our drinks. "What are you drinking?" I asked.

"I'm a tea drinker, I don't like coffee much." Angie replied.

"Care for another cup?" I asked.

"No, I'm good for now; maybe I'll get some more when I have breakfast. What have you got planned for the day?" Angie asked with a smile and a twinkle in her eye.

"Well right now I'm going to take walk down to the beach. A little exercise before breakfast is a good thing. You're welcome to join me. There's a lady with a coffee stand down the beach a little way's that has the best warm banana bread, muffins, and such that make a great treat for breakfast."

"Sharon won't be up for a while so I was going to go for a run but why not. Let me get some shoes and I'll meet you out front."

We walked the beach, had some banana bread, and more tea. We talked about our lives. It turns out that Angie had married the high school football star right out of high school when she became pregnant. The marriage didn't last and after a couple of years he left her and their son and she hadn't seen him since. She had put herself through college and raised her son all alone. She had become a school teacher, but due to cutbacks was unemployed at the time. Her son was now married with a new baby daughter. Sharon had twisted her arm to come on this trip. Angie hadn't been on much of a vacation for years as life and responsibilities had kept her from it, and she still wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do with her job situation. But her son had bought her the plane ticket as a gift for her birthday and Sharon was celebrating her new divorce from her doctor husband who couldn't seem to resist the new young nurses. So here she was.

The walk on the beach turned into 2 hours, twice as long as usual. Angie was easy to talk with. The time just flew by that morning. Sharon and Angie were off to Lahina to shop for the day. I spent the day on the phone and computer taking care of some business at home. I was on the roof soaking up some sun when I heard the girl's car drive in.

"Hey Dale, are you up there? We need some help. We've been shopping and need an honest opinion." Sharon shouted from down below.

"Sure, what can I do to help?" I replied

"We'll be up as soon as we change." Angie called out.

Sharon was in front as they came up the stairs. I knew Sharon was a nice looking lady but I didn't realize her boobs were of such proportions. The top of her bikini strained to contain them. Her body had the curves of a woman, a nice round ass and long legs. Angie had small boobs, and was thin with a trim flat stomach, narrow at the hip, and not an extra pound anywhere.

I couldn't keep my eyes from Sharon's tits; I swear the tie in back would explode at any minute. Sharon's was bright red while Angie's was blue the same color as her eye's. As they walked towards me Sharon said "Ok what do you think?"

"Ok, just what am I supposed to say here? I think I should keep my mouth shut." I laughed.

"Good answer," Angie said. "We just want to work on our tan's a bit, the roof top is a great place for privacy."

"You don't need Bikini's to sunbath up here, promise I won't look. Well not much anyway." I said with a smile and a wink.

"Don't get your hopes up mister." Sharon laughed.

"Nobody wants tan lines." I chuckled.

"Ok show us those cheeks that way we'll know if you have any lines." As she patted my ass and walked away laughing.

"All right lets change the subject, we brought dinner tonight, can you BBQ it for us?" Angie said as she headed back down stairs laughing as she went. "You two behave yourselves until I get back."

"Not a problem, what ya got?" I answered. "Besides I thought turn about was fair play." As I turned toward Sharon with a wink and a nod and pretended I was going to grab her ass.

"Just some burgers, you just keep your mind on cooking the meat." Sharon said with a giggle, as Angie came back up the stairs with the hamburger patties.

I cooked up the burgers as the banter continued, while the girls got the other things set up. "Oh I forgot the margarita's" Sharon said as she ran back down stairs.

Now I am no engineer, but do know that the physical properties of various materials all have there limit. As Sharon came running up the stairs with a pitcher of margaritas in one hand and glasses in the other, the center strap of her bikini gave way. The cups flew to the sides, exposing her big beautiful tits into full view. With both hands full there was nothing she could do but keep moving. She screamed and set the pitcher and glasses on the table and covered both tits with her hands. Her face turned the same color as the bikini and she turned running for the stairs. Both Angie and I were in tears as we laughed at Sharon's situation.

"I told her that might happen" Angie shouted, laughing, "She wouldn't go for the next size, miss know it all bites it again."

Sharon came back up for dinner wearing a T shirt with the bikini bottom. You could see the twins wrestling around when she moved. Most of the margaritas were left in the pitcher after dinner, but Sharon kept working on them getting pretty silly and finally headed down to bed. I couldn't help but think that getting a handful of those monsters would be fun.

"That girl needs to lighten up on the drink." Angie said as she helped me cleanup the dishes. "She's usually pretty good but has her times when she gets pretty crazy. I'm a one drink girl myself, anymore and I just go to sleep."

"I know what you mean. There was a time when I imbibed more, but as I got older it just doesn't do anything good for me." I said.

"I know what you mean." said Angie. "I'm going down and see if Sharon is Ok, she's a good friend but does like to drink a bit too much. See you tomorrow. Do you want to walk again in the morning?"

"Bring your favorite tea bag and I'll have the water hot before we go." I said as she disappeared down the stairs.

"Good night." she says from down the stairs.

Sharon was a great looking gal, and fun to be around and my lower brain kept reminding my upper brain it would be fun to try that body out. But as the week went on I continued to be attracted to Angie. Our walks in the mornings were great. We were getting to know each other. She asked about me and my life, answered my questions about hers straight away. On occasion she would put her hand on my shoulder; her touch was like electricity to me. One morning it had rained a lot the night before and as we walked we came to a place where the water was running down the gutter. I reached my hand out to help her jump over it. She put here hand in mine and jumped, but didn't pull her hand away as we walked on down the street. I gave here hand a squeeze, which she returned. Some old feelings were coming alive in me again.

Sharon had gotten over her embarrassment, and was her self again. Angie and Sharon spent most days visiting all the attractions around Maui but I suspected they were catching some rays on the roof when I was gone as they were tanning up nicely with no visible lines. We still had dinner on occasion but other times they went to some of the clubs at night to listen to music.

I missed being able to ride my Harley and decide to rent one for a few days. I brought the bike home that afternoon, just when the girls were headed out to one of the large hotels to listen to a band.

"I didn't know you rode a bike." Angie said looking a little surprised.

"It keeps me sane; I'm going to ride out to Hana tomorrow on the other end of the island." I said with a smile.

"That sounds like fun, what time are you leaving, or am I walking alone in the morning?" Angie asked.

"No I'll be here; I'm not leaving until later in the morning. The back seat is open if either one of you are interested?" I said with a smile.

"I've never been on a motorcycle before. I wouldn't know what to do." Angie said. "Go for it girl," Sharon said with a big grin on her face. "There's nothing to it, just hold on tight and feel that 100hp vibrator between your legs."

Angie's face turned red and she laughed as they got into there car to leave. I didn't know if she was interested or not from what she said.

The next morning as we walked down to the beach to my surprise Angie said "So did your wife ride with you?"

"Nope," I answered with a chuckle. "Kerry thought I was just plain crazy to want to ride. She always wanted to buy more life insurance on me. I rode alone most of the time. Sometimes with other guy's, but she didn't like it at all." "I think I want to try it," as she put her hand in mine. Then rambled on, "What do I need to wear? Promise to bring me home if I don't like it?"

"Have you got some jeans, good sturdy shoes, and maybe long sleeves? The bugs don't hurt as bad then." I said with a big grin. "We'll have to run down and get you a helmet."

"I'll go change and let's go." Angie said.

We got a helmet for her and she got on behind me on the Harley softail. We took off North towards Kahului. Angie was hanging on with her hands on my sides. I could feel at the start she was a little tense on the corners, but by the time we got to Kahului and turned east towards the Hana highway all that was gone. I stopped at Paia just to check and see if she was doing Ok.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"This is so cool, I love It." was her reply. "I never would have dreamed it would be so much fun."

"Is your seat comfy?" I asked.

"It must be, because I haven't even noticed it." Angie laughed.

The road to Hana is only about 35 miles but is narrow with a lot of curves and turns. There are a lot of places to stop, great view places, water falls and sites to see. We stopped often, taking pictures, short hikes, enjoying the morning. It was afternoon when we reached Hana, We sat on the Lani of a small restaurant and had lunch.

We were sitting at the table after eating when Angie reached out across our lunch table and picked up my hand. "Your hands are so hard and strong, but they have scares all over them. Tell me about this one." She giggled as she pointed to a long one on the back of my thumb.

"Oh yes that one." I laughed. "It was surgery and three screws to put a broken thumb back together."

"How about this one?" as she pointed at my right index finger.

"Eleven stitches from an exploding grinding wheel." I grinned. "I've worked with my hands my whole life. I fix my own stuff. I built the house I live in, and look all the digits are still attached, maybe a little damaged but still work. I get tremendous satisfaction from fixing and building things."

"That's just amazing, how did you learn to do all that?" Angie asked as we walked on the beach after lunch.

"I learned by doing, on the job training." I laughed. Angie was quiet for a few minutes then said. "I can't remember a more perfect day."

"I know, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've always wanted a cute blonde on the back holding on tight." I said with a big grin.

We headed back towards home, making more stops along the way. When we got back to Paia it was evening. We stopped for dinner at small bar and restaurant. We were just finishing eating when a band showed up and started playing in the bar. There were only a few people around at the time so we moved to the bar and listened to a few songs. "Would you like to dance few?" I asked.

"Yes, I would love to." was the answer.

We danced a fast tune first then the band played a nice soft slow song. Angie melted into my arms, as we danced. She laid her head on my shoulder, her body tight to mine. After an hour or so of dancing, resting and talking Angie excused herself to the restroom. When she came back she seemed different, so I asked "Anything wrong?"

"Not really, I talked to Sharon, and she is all pissy because I've been gone all day." she answered.

It was dark when we left the bar and made our way back to the condo. Angie had been more quiet than usual after talking with Sharon. Sharon was gone when we got back and had locked there condo and Angie didn't have her key with her, it was locked inside. "No problem, you can stay over here until she gets back." I said.