Self-Realization

Story Info
Now knowing that Clark is Superman, Lois struggles to adjust.
8.2k words
4.6
49k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Croctden
Croctden
80 Followers

A sequel to “Caught in the Act,” published a long, long, LONG, time ago

Lois slammed her door shut and ran to her refrigerator. Where was it? Ah there, thank god she still had some Rocky Road left. She grabbed a spoon and flopped down on her couch. She started to cry even before she had opened it. God, how could she have been so stupid? She stuck a spoon of ice cream into her mouth.

She tried to avoid thinking about this afternoon, but Clark’s hurt face kept coming back to her. Why couldn’t she have controlled her temper?

“Fine Clark, go save the world, I guess know where I rank with you!!” Her words echoed back to her.

She remembered looking up as she stormed away, leaving an obviously injured Clark behind. When she found out about his alter ego she had been furious. Time had calmed her, but it was a still festering in their relationship. Nor was the situation helped by the fact they had not made love again. That one amazing night seemed almost to be a fantasy now. It was a terrible memory to try to keep under control.

The sensations of that night started floating back to her. Him carrying her into her bedroom, their tit-fucking. Almost without thinking Lois Lane, prize winning career girl reporter, did something she had almost never done until these last couple of weeks. Undoing the button of her jeans and easing down the zipper she lay back on the couch and furtively pressed her small hand inside. Graceful fingers ran over her panty clad lips, which instantly let out a small trickle of moisture. She wished they were Clark’s strong fingers, for someone who had never been a woman before he found the right spot quickly. Heat growing, frustrated, she pulled aside her panties and rubbed her nether lips. They flushed as they filled with blood and expanded. Picturing Clark’s impressive cock she pressed a single finger into her pussy. She was shocked at how wet she was. In a blink another finger was inside her, a soft slurping sound radiated. She cupped one of her tits as she started to pump her hips. She was on fire quickly, she had been denied since that night with Clark. Her fingers were no substitute for Clark’s piece. She moaned and groaned, it was as though he was there fucking her. Her climax struck her with force and speed. “Fuck Clark!” Spent she sank down in her couch. It was frustrating to have to rely on self-pleasure when she knew what a great lover he was.

It had not been a big deal, she did not need to yell at him she reflected as she came down. She had because she was frustrated. Which was not fair to Clark either, he had to go. Still, it irritated her for no good reason. Lois groaned and ate some more ice cream. Why she had done that was a better question. She still was not sure. The situation had scared her; she was still adjusting to this new side of Clark. How do you cope with finding out you’ve just fucked Superman without knowing it? No one could just find out, say “oh” and move on. But she had hurt him. Lois grimaced, he deserved better. He put up with her on a regular basis and Lois knew that was not easy. She loved him for being so patient with her.

Maybe she was worried about the marriage. No, they had seen each other practically every day for over two years. She sat back into the couch and smiled. She was closer to Clark than she had ever been to anyone else. She needed to tell Clark! She couldn’t tell him now he was off god knows where licking his wounds. She sat back down on her couch. Tears started to well up in her eyes. She had made such a mess of everything. Stupid Lane, really stupid. Lois started to cry. She had the perfect man and then let him get away. Maybe she could get him back she needed to talk to…Clark. Great she couldn’t talk to her best friend, because he was the problem, or the answer. Either way she had to go it alone. Well, the first step was to put the ice cream away. If she wanted to get Clark she needed to keep herself looking good. Lois frowned, she was not exactly sure how to win a man. She giggled, that was one on which even Clark could not help her. She considered what to do.

Suddenly a light dawned: she could call Roni! She was stripper who Lois had once worked with on a story. SHE would know how to help Lois win Clark back. She hurried to her desk to find her number. “Look out Superman,” she mumbled under her breath.

******************************

Lois came in fifteen minutes late and wondering if she looked as uncomfortable as she felt. Roni had been more than willing to help, actually coming by for a visit. So now she was wearing a skirt that hung at mid thigh, much shorter than she normally wore. Roni had insisted, claiming she had the best legs the stripper had ever seen. Lois objected at first, but then figured she knew what she was talking about, it was quite a compliment really. Add to that the fact she was wearing a shear shirt (and that was all) under her jacket, with several buttons open, and Lois felt almost naked. She feared her nipples were surely visible pressing against the fabric.

Clark though, was nowhere to be seen. She asked Jimmy, who told her he left suddenly, saying he had to water his plants. She stifled a laugh to herself at the foolish excuse, she would have to tell her husband to be to come up with better lies. Then she remembered how she was dressed, cursed inwardly, and hurried off to get the change of clothes she kept at the Planet.

She had lost herself in her story when she looked up and saw Clark working diligently away at his computer. She stood and walked over, trying to remember to sway her hips the way Roni suggested. “How was your weekend Clark?”

“It was good, he replied, not looking up from his screen

She leaned against his desk, purposely letting her skirt inch upwards. “Well, what did you do?” Her heart rate started to pick up.

Clark looked up and Lois was gratified to see his gaze catch at her leg. “Nothing special, just relaxed at bit, you know.”

“Then why was it good?”

“Ahh…” Clark stammered. “I was getting a little worn down, I was just happy to loaf around for a couple of days.” Which was true, Superman had been in high demand last week, but the world had seemed to take care of itself for the weekend.

“What? Clark Kent, what would your parents say? You should be up with the chickens. Where is that farmers’ spirit?”

Clark looked mildly surprised. “Well even farmers need a day off. I was down there with them anyway. What’s with all these questions?”

“I want to apologize.”

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not. We’re getting married Clark! I don’t even know why I lost my temper like that. I’m sorry, you deserve better. I just keep falling back into the old me, but I’m trying to get better.” Lois felt terrible. She wondered if Clark felt as uneasy right now as she did.

“Baby, don’t be so upset,” he slipped and arm around her. “You have a quick temper, I know. That’s part of who you are, and who I fell in love with. I asked the old Lois to marry me remember.”

She felt immensely better, but stopped him when he pulled her close. He looked up questioningly. “I remember the last time I was on your lap here very well Mr. Kent. I’m not making that mistake again.”

His laughter burst forth in a thunderous peel. Lois jumped back in surprise, as several heads turned. He laughed for a while before finally getting control of himself.

He leaned in close to her. “Tell me Lois, are you wearing any panties?” Panicked, she quickly moved away to her own desk.

Clark watched her go. He was a little confused. He had expected for her to still be upset with him or at least shy after how they part terms last night. He twinged slightly at the memory. He still did not know what had angered Lois. He smiled, thinking that, even as well as he knew her, there was still so much mystery to her.

“Clark?” He heard her faintly whisper. He turned towards her, so she would know he could hear. “How about I take you out to dinner tonight to make up for it?” But at that same moment he heard a familiar siren going off. Lois did not miss a beat, “Good luck, be careful” she said so softly only Superhearing could catch as she watching him hurry away.

*************************

Shortly after he had left, a story came in about a boat accident at the docks. A freighter had pushed a cruise ship into a warehouse. A fire had broken out, but by the time Lois and the rest of the press had arrived Superman had already gotten everyone to safety. Still Lois had to stay around to hear why the crash had occurred.

Superman also flew around to make sure the warehouse would not collapse and boats would not sink. Then he gave a quick interview. It was standard fair, everyone was used to him by now. He probably would not even be the first story on the local news.

Clark was about to fly away when saw Lois. He lingered around until she broke from the pack. “Are you okay Lois?” He kept his voice even, he was playing Superman now.

He pulled Lois out of her thoughts. There was her boyfriend, in blue spandex, floating above her. “Huh?”

“This is the first time you’ve covered me.” They had not discussed how they would handle meeting with him in the suit. Judging by how angry she had been before, it was an issue they needed to address.

“Oh that,” she waved her hand, “it’s nothing.” Somehow it wasn’t. It was odd, and would certainly take a while to become used to, but she loved him. When you are in love you look past a person’s faults she told herself. And being a superhero was hardly as bad as leaving the seat up. He was not sure, but she gave him a look to say it was fine.

She truly was beautiful. “Okay then, I’ll see you later.” He rocketed away. He would ask her about it later.

“Yes you will.” Her mischievous final line carried to him.

Lois was feeling confident when she got back to the Planet. She had filed her story over the phone and taken a late lunch with Roni. Well, a sort of lunch, she had eaten take out while Roni had washed some skimpy outfits for the evening of work she had ahead of her. The stripper had encouraged her to be more forward.

To her surprise Clark was not at his desk yet. She turned on her computer and checked her email. No Clark. She called a few sources and got some coffee. Still no Clark. She wondered what crisis was keeping him, and what off the wall excuse he was going to give for being so late.

The man in questions was having a long day. He had spent all morning picking up muggers, pickpockets, and other small time hoods. It was after lunch already and he had been working all day. He was probably going to hear it back at the office. He could not even remember the excuse he gave to leave this morning. Did he say he had to buy some gum?

Lois was getting a little frustrated. Clark was never around. She wondered if it was going to always be this way – him off and her alone. It would be an issue, there was no avoiding it, but love was not meant to be easy. It didn’t help that she had plenty of time to stew.

It had been a slow news day. She ended up doing a follow-up piece. She frowned, Superman was busy today she knew, but Clark was of course covering that. She wondered if being in love with Clark was costing her her edge. No, loving Clark was fine, not being able to talk to him was driving her up a wall. She sat at her computer working on her romance novel. She finished a chapter and realized she was still waiting for Clark to come back.

The Planet was beginning was to empty. She wondered where Clark was, it was almost five. She saw Perry lock up his office.

“You’re going? What about Clark’s Superman story?”

“He called that in two hours ago.”

Lois fought the urge to scream. It was not easy. She checked her watch, it was almost six, she could go over to his place, maybe order a pizza if he had not eaten yet. Lois was hurriedly getting her act together when her fiancé came loping down the ramp to the elevator.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine, why wouldn’t I be? It’s been a little crazy, I-” Clark’s phone ringing cut him off. He turned, “do you want to get together for dinner to catch up with each other?”

“Yes!” Lois half-shouted for joy. She caught herself. “That sounds great. Pick me at 8:00?”

Clark sounded a little surprised, “Sure, 8:00 it is.” Lois had completely turned around from the day before, anger had given way to acceptance. He had been off all day and the only result seemed to be she wanted to go out tonight to make out for missed time together.

“Yes!” Lois whispered to herself. Now she had to think of what to wear. Maybe she could call Roni she decided as she left to get ready. Once she was safely away from the Planet she whipped out her cell and called the stripper. She breathed a sigh of relief when she heard the familiar voice on the other end of the line. “Roni where can I find a dress to knock Clark’s eyes out?”

Clark could not believe his luck as he hung up the phone on a source. He had been mentally crossing his fingers that Lois would want to go out on “friends” date, figuring that since she had blown up at him early maybe she would want to take it a little slow. After all they had gotten engaged, shared a night of incredible fucking, and then the bomb of him being Superman had been dropped on her. Happily, although surprisingly, she had made just a casual dinner into a real date. His Superhearing had even picked up her saying “yes” as he walked away. She was not used to him being able to hear her all the time he mused. He quickly put that off to think about a more pressing worry, where was he going to take Lois to dinner. He thought about whom he knew in the restaurant industry that could get him a table on such short notice. He called a friend of his who owned an upper scale restaurant in Chinatown and got lucky. No problem for a table for two, it was Monday night after all. Now he could turn his mind on to what to wear.

Lois checked the clock, 7:45. She had been rushing none stop since getting home, but now she was ready, with plenty of time to spare. Her apartment was clean (hopefully for when Clark came in after dinner), and she had a great dress.

Roni had recommended a little place. The dresses there had certainly filled the description Lois had made, but more so than she was willing to wear. Serious searching led Lois to one of the most conservative dresses in the place, although Lois was not sure if she could wear it. She‘d taken a deep breath and followed Roni’s advice: you can always go one step more extreme than you think without upsetting a man.

Now she was wearing a black sequined dress. It hung just below her right knee, but on the left it was so high up her thigh she was afraid to bend much. She did not have much leeway up top either; it was so low cut she worried about popping out of it. There was no back the dress at all, it wrapped around her neck and only covered the very front of her body above the waist. She felt nearly naked and wondered if the fact she was wasn’t wearing anything else would be as noticeable to Clark as it was to her. Well he could hardly not notice. Every time she moved air raced over her chest, causing certain parts of her to harden prominently. Clark was going to have no trouble knowing where her nipples were at all times tonight.

She hoped he liked it. Now that everything had been done, she was able to pause for the first time since she had returned to her apartment. Without the busy work of getting ready to distract her, she had time to reflect, and to worry. She had no idea what Clark was thinking. Was he angry with her? Hurt? He hadn’t asked for a real date, she had made it one out of her own excitement. Maybe it was too much, too soon. Her own emotions had been a rollercoaster, his could not be any better. He should have told her he was Superman earlier, but she understood why he had hesitated. It was his biggest, deepest, darkest secret. For all his physical invulnerability, he could still be hurt. She was used to Superman being perfect, unreachable in every way. In truth, while she did not want remember it, she knew she had wounded him. It must have been terrifying to open up about who, what he really was, and she lashed out in anger. She wanted to heal that rift. Clark Kent was what she needed with all her soul. She loved him, and was desperate for their dinner to go well. Thankfully all that success required for was him to get the message that she wanted him.

She looked at the dress in a mirror.If this doesn’t make it clear to him that I still love him, need him, he will never get the message, she mused. What if the dress was too much for him? He was a country boy, would he think that she being too forward and throwing herself at him? She felt uncomfortable in this dress...surely Clark would think it was outrageous. Lois panicked; she needed to find another dress. There was a knock at the door. Lois wanted to scream, no going back now. She opened the door.

She wasn’t surprised to see Clark standing in her hallway, looking good in an off-gray suit holding flowers and a small box of chocolates. Lois smiled slightly at his gentlemanliness, but was still nervous. He looked gorgeous, reminding her of the feel of his body against hers, getting her flustered all over again.

“Hi Lois, I reserved a table at the Great Mountain…” His voice trailed off as his eyes, none too subtly, ran over her dress. “WOW!

Lois felt mortified as she stood there watching his eyes lingeringly trail over her figure. “You look magnificent,” he added

Lois finally let out her breath. The idea of going out in public half naked still terrified her, but that Clark liked the dress made it worth it.Thank you Roni!

Clark deliberately shifted to keep his erection under wraps as he helped Lois into her jacket. Even without his Supersenses he would have been able to easily smell her alluring perfume this close. She was having quite and effect on him. He had never seen her dress so sexily, her body was amazing. He’d seen her naked, touched her even, but seeing her charms accentuated in this dress was the most enticing vision he had ever seen. From behind he watched her perfect ass, he thought he could see just the tiniest sliver of ass cheek. He wondered if she was wearing a thong, the very idea sent more blood rushing to his crotch. He knew he would be struggling not to stare all night.

Their relationship situation was certainly looking better. Whatever unresolved issues had caused her to blow up were evidently no longer as important to her. There might be more to discuss in the future, but they would be together.

Clark was able to relax during their cab ride to and let go of the tension that had gripped him since he’d caught sight of Lois in that outstanding dress. They had slipped naturally into a natural conversation born of years of friendship. He was not used to this new, sensual, Lois yet, but they could always fall back on their familiarity with each other. He had settled somewhat by the time they got to the restaurant, but once Lois’ coat came off his temperature rose again. He had always known she was good looking, but the dress made her look stunning. Every step she took caused her milky globes to swing in a tantalizing low arch. Nothing had ever turned him so much on before in his life. She was having a huge effect on him without knowing it. He was still thankful even, as he was uncomfortable thinking about forcing himself to be cool and not letting on the effect she was having on him all night. Lois’ dress was sending a clear message.

Lois shivered, in part from the unusual breeze on her naked back, and from the looks she was getting. She was thrilled though, their date had started well, and even though he was trying to hide it she caught Clark looking over her body. It made her self-conscious, but she enjoyed the attention. Once they took their seats and ordered, Clark seemed to return to normal, provided she ignored the occasional distracted air and absentminded stares. They made pleasant conversation and the tension of Lois’ worries slowly eased away.

Croctden
Croctden
80 Followers