Semper Fi Pt. 05

Story Info
Hot chocolate!
3.9k words
4.67
12.5k
7

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 12/08/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright @ calibeachgirl and shuttlepilot
All rights reserved, 2011


Chapter 24 Love Me To Sleep

Humming, Barbara climbed the stairs to the second floor offices as she finally returned to duty and smiled at everyone she met.

"It's about time you got back," Frank said, smiling. "Hey, really, though, I've missed you. Working by myself isn't much fun."

"Thanks, I think." Barbara put her automatic into her desk drawer and locked it. "I'm still a little..." She couldn't express herself, it was still too new and too vivid.

"Yeah, I know... me, too. Amazing, isn't it? You can love someone, make love with someone, live with someone... but, when you marry, it's totally different."

For the rest of the morning, Barbara sat there, thinking about what Frank had said.


That evening, she came home to find the dining room lit with candles, the table set with a lace cloth and their wedding china and the most wonderful smell was coming from the kitchen.

"Honey, I'm home," she called, giggling like the school-girl Garrett made her feel like. Time and time again she wished she had met him at least ten years earlier. So much time lost... so much of her life, lost.

From the kitchen came Garrett, a white towel wrapped around his waist, a large wooden spoon in his hand. "You're just in time. I've some appetizers coming out of the oven in about ten minutes and baked orange chicken for dinner with salad and for dessert, freshly baked cookies."

"What's that?" she asked, pointing to a light, brown shape on the counter.

"Fresh country-style bread... I put it together this morning and just baked it now."

Shocked, she went and washed the day's grime away, slipped on a dress and then returned to the dining table and sitting down, she watched as he put the rest of dinner on the table. Garrett brought over two glasses and a bottle of Fetzer Gewurztraminer. When he handed her one of the now filled glasses, she accepted it with a shaking hand. It was still so new for her, living with him, loving him.

The golden bubbles tickled her nose as she raised her glass in salute, savoring the sparkling taste in her mouth.

"God bless you, Garrett... and, thank you."


"This chicken is delicious, Garrett. Where did you learn to cook like this?"

"Well, when you're a bachelor as long as I was, you learn to cook. You can't eat out all the time and pizza every night gets old. Here, try this."

"But, the bread..." She spread some butter on the bread and took another small bite of the home-baked crust.

"Pretty neat, huh? When I was in high school, my biology teacher had us each bake a loaf of bread as part of studying fermentation. He said we couldn't make beer so the bread was the next best thing." Garrett smiled, remembering the man who had been like a father to him during those hard years he was growing up.

"You have no idea. When we studied mollusks, he brought in a couple hundred pounds of squid and served up calamari. We had never had it before but by the end of the day, the whole school had dropped by to get something to eat. He used to take us out to the desert to see the volcanoes and collect rocks and we even went on a whale watch. I had the greatest time in that class but he was a tough taskmaster, too. He always expected the best from each of us. You should have seen it... on the first day of class he handed out this, must have been fifty page handout with all the assignments for the year... every homework, every test, every lab, every film. No excuses, he told us."

"So, you really enjoyed high school."

"I really enjoyed that class... some of the other stuff, not so much. Here... have some more chicken."

"It's unbelievable how good it tastes. I'll have to thank him if I ever meet him."

"Would you like to go to a reunion? My twentieth is coming up next year."

"I'd love to. He sounds like a fun guy." She smiled, now looking forward to the reunion.

"I want some more of that bread. You're going to spoil me, Garrett, and make me fat. You know... after dessert, there's dessert."

"I've always liked chocolate." He laughed. "I can't wait."

She spread some more butter on the bread, watching it melt into the heat. "Mmmmm..."

"There's been a rash of convenience store robberies while we've been gone. Fortunately, no one got hurt but it seems like it's only a matter of time before it happens." Garret passed the chicken over. "More?"

"This economy is killing everyone. No clues, huh?" she asked.

"No... you'd think those places would have security cameras that actually work. What'd he look like? Oh, he was five feet, no six feet, maybe seven feet tall and he was black, Mexican, white, who knows wearing a hoodie, baseball cap. Damn, you can't get a straight answer from some of these people and I wonder if there really was a robbery in the first place." Garrett filled his glass, again.

Barbara took another sip. "You're probably right. There aren't any robberies, it's just a tax scam."


She got up to help clear the table but he motioned her back. "I've got it, honey, why don't you relax?"

As he took away the dishes, she went into the living room and turned on the stereo and jacked in her I-pod, bringing up The Temptations' 'My Girl'. She felt, more than heard, the opening riff... the ascending guitar notes moving from one octave to the next, and as the beat filled the room, she began to sway with the music, left foot forward, the other up and then to the right, then feet together and fingers snapping.

"Dance with me," she said, quietly, and waited until he had returned from the kitchen, then turned and moved smoothly into his open arms. The first contact with his body was still incredible and she realized she had been waiting for this moment ever since they had returned from Cancun.

His arms circled her waist and he pulled her close. She needed little coaxing to tuck her head against his shoulder. Their bodies swayed together with the rhythm. Her arms circled his shoulders, her fingers moving into his hair as she breathed in the now familiar scent of him, his warm skin and the smell of his soap.

She felt intoxicated. Her head spun from his nearness, his firm body moving against her own, the magic of the music and her own powerful longing.

When she felt his mouth moving against the skin of her neck, her head dropped to the side, giving him freer access.

"You taste delicious," he said as his hands moved firmly over her back and hips, molding her slim form under his touch to his body.

Barbara turned her head, seeking and finding his with hers. She tilted to kiss him fully, conveying the desire she felt more clearly than any words she could possibly say.

"Take me to bed..." she whispered.

She felt his grip on her body tighten as he pressed her closer. His arousal at her closeness excited her as she felt it push strongly against her.

"I could make love to you, right here on the rug," he admitted in a low voice in her ear, "but I won't. This is going to be as perfect as I can make it."

She pulled back and stared into his eyes as she lovingly touched his face with her hand, her fingertips tracing the line from his cheek to his jaw. "If I'm in your arms, I don't know how it could be anything else."

His head dipped toward her full, light-peach lips. Their mouths met and merged and then he felt her eager response as the kiss quickly deepened to a passionate need.

Finally, he drew away from her, his hands sliding to cup her shoulders to him and he pressed his cheek against her dark curls, caught his breath and inhaled her flowery scent.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and dropped a kiss into her hair as she led him into their bedroom. Her legs, even after all this time, still felt rubbery when she knew they were going to make love and this time, she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to make it all the way to the bed or not.

He went to close the door, knowing that she preferred the small sense of privacy that it afforded, and then he returned closer and her heart pounded wildly. She moved smoothly back into his embrace, her arms looping around his body, her soft, full breasts pressed to his chest.

His hands moved over the cloth between her thighs to her curly hair, slowly pulled up her dress and felt the tiny frizziness against his palms. He dug his fingers deeper into her hair; it felt like cotton candy, dropped soft kisses onto her shoulder and lifted her face to his.

He opened his arms to her and she moved into the circle of his strong embrace. As she settled beside him, he turned toward her and she curled against him. Barbara dropped her head, and then rested her cheek on his chest. She felt Garrett's chin graze the top of her head and his hand came up to stroke her curls.

She closed her eyes and savored the moment, utterly at peace and totally complete, here in the dark of the night, listening to his steady heartbeat and slow, deep breaths. She felt his hand in her hair again and wondered what he was thinking.

They lay together silently for what seemed to her a long time. She wondered if he was falling asleep yet his hand moved through her hair and down her back.

The warm, steady pressure of his touch was tender and soothing, lulling her into a sleepy state. This isn't going to do, she thought. Sleep is the last thing I want right now.

"You make me feel so alive," he finally said. "I never thought I'd fall in love again. Before I met you, I was... angry." He lifted her face to his. His eyes were bright and full of passion that both thrilled and terrified her. She ran her hands along his back and tipped her had, unable to stop looking at his face. He made her feel alive... eager to please him and love him completely. She was sure he could see it in her eyes, feel it in her touch, taste it in her kiss.

Finally, their mouths met and merged and her hands glided over his chest and shoulders and then to his back again, boldly touching him. He answered her touch with a sweep of his warm hands down the curves of her body, from her shoulders to her hips and then up again, to gently cup her full breasts. His warm mouth pressed against the soft curves of her breasts, his fingers circling the hardening nipples. Her kiss was wild against his mouth for a moment before she softly moaned in pleasure, her body helpless against his as she felt his hand press against her flat stomach, his fingertips touching the edge of her panties.

Barbara's fingers moved restlessly though his hair as his mouth covered one dusky, sensitive nipple and then the other. She moaned and moved under him, pressing her hips against his, feeling his readiness for her, his throbbing arousal needing to love her.

Her eyes were half-closed, dazed with passion, her face flushed, her dark curls splayed around her head.

She pressed her mouth to his, kissing him, tasting him and felt his body shudder and heard him moan with pleasure as her caresses moved lower, her mouth tenderly exploring his thighs. She slipped her hand to his erection, stroking him until he groaned.

Garrett raised himself above her, his hand sliding up her smooth, strong leg, his fingertips finding the lacy edge of her panties and his fingers slipped inside, seeking and finding her wet warmth. Her hips arched into his touch and she knew he could feel she was ready for him.

She gripped his shoulders, her hips thrusting to meet the lovingly slow strokes of his hand. Finally, she couldn't bear it anymore and trembled and moaned and pressed her face into the hollow between his neck and shoulder. She took a deep, shuddering breath and pressed herself close to him.

With her hands on his hips, she gently guided his body to cover hers and then his mouth pressed passionately to hers and he shifted his body and settled between her thighs and then, feeling himself at the moist lips between, moved forward and inside.

She drew a sharp and ragged breath; her body tensed and then trembled in his arms. He held very still, kissing her hair until he felt her relax beneath him and then he began to move slowly inside her and she moaned deep and low at the back of her throat. He moved deeper, giving her even more.

Their bodies moved as one in an ancient rhythm until he was thrusting faster and deeper and she could barely meet him sigh for sigh, rising to meet him, driving him wild with passion.

She knew she would never love anyone more and never would, no matter how long she lived. As he brought her to a climax and she felt him reaching his own, she heard his muffled cry and felt him shudder again and again in her arms. Their mouths merged in a deep, devouring kiss as he moved within her with one last, powerful thrust and he exploded within her, adding to her slickness.

When he made a move to shift away, she held him tightly. "No... not yet. I like the way you feel on top of me," she whispered.

He pulled her long leg up to cover his hip and she felt his renewed arousal. His hand covered her breast and his mouth sought hers again and his slow, deep kisses kindled again her deepest desire.


That night, he lay in bed, his hand touching her waist, thinking. He recalled the feel of her, the tiny, gutteral sounds she had moaned into his mouth, the way she had fitted to him, tight and satisfying against his arousal, easing the hunger even as she intensified it beyond belief. She had encircled him tightly as he entered her, her thighs strongly locked around him. Once she had caught his rhythm, he wasn't gentle and she had matched him thrust for urgent thrust, glorying in the savage wonder of it all.

Thinking of it all, he was hard again and ready for her again. He lifted his thigh to be more comfortable under the covers and he heard her softly breathing in her sleep. Before, she had stared him with a sultry, wondering expression that had caused him to lift her up and throw her on her back to satisfy their growing lust. Once he had put his hands on her, there was nothing that was going to stop him from loving her.

As loud as she was in bed, her ability to resist him was nonexistent. Her touch aroused him and he knew his kisses made her moan. With just a few words, she could make him hotly desire her and that knowledge tore through him just as it had the first day he had met her months earlier.

It was love he wanted, not sex... well, not just sex. He fell asleep.

**********

Frank couldn't stop himself from kissing and holding her tight, from stealing a few moments of paradise in her arms. His head dropped and their lips met and then he felt Caitlyn relax and melt into his arms. Her mouth opened under the pressure of his and he heard a small sigh of satisfaction deep in her throat.

Their kiss went on and on as he felt the honeyed sweetness of her soft, warm mouth. His hands moved up and down her sleek body, stroking her breasts and then down to her hips and gently around her cheeks, pulling her against his growing arousal.

He heard her groan with desire as their bodies pressed tightly together, heat seeking heat. She was ready and he kissed her deeply, bending her head back as he robbed her of her breath, slipping his hand between her smooth, lean thighs and then touching her moist, intimate place. Her hips rising to meet his fingers and she shuddered with pleasure in his arms.


Frank woke... he was sure he had heard something and then turned to his side. He startled fully awake. Standing there was Kelly, her stuffed bear in the crook of her arm, one hand rubbing her eye.

"Daddy, I'm scared," she cried. "I heard a noise."

Shit! he thought. There's something going on. He picked her up, kissed her and slid her into the bed next to her mother. "Caitlyn, wake up. I think there's someone inside." As quietly as he could, he opened the top drawer of his dresser and pulled out his weapon, put in the magazine from the second drawer and chambered a round.

While the hallway was dark, there was still enough light for him to see and he checked each room in turn. Nothing... what had he heard? What had Kelly heard?

He opened the door to Maria's room and heard her lightly snoring. Unless someone was hiding under the bed on in the closet, the room was otherwise empty. Moving carefully, he cleared each room in turn and finally turned on the lights.

"What did you hear?" Caitlyn asked, holding her own weapon pointed at the floor.

"I don't know, but Kelly heard it, too. Maybe... it must have been outside. I'll check outside in the morning."


Two hours later, he was dressed and walking around the building, wondering what had happened until he came behind the condo and found a large branch lying on the drive. He looked up and saw their bedroom window and a long scrape against the paint.

"Well..." he said to himself, "that beats having someone in the place."

**********

Two days later, Barbara and Garrett moved into Unit 223 and after everything had been brought in, they went to Frank and Caitlyn's for a bar-be-que.

While Kelly watched the Muppets, Maria was busy in the kitchen, preparing the pico de gallo, chopping the tomatoes and white onions. The jalapeños would be next, she thought, along with the lime juice and cilantro. Frank was outside, grilling the steaks for the fajitas while Caitlyn finished setting the table.

There was a knock on the open door. "Hello," Garrett said, while Barbara just walked in, carrying a teddy bear which she gave to Kelly.

"Hey! Where can a girl get something to drink around here?"

"Margaritas are in the fridge and pina coladas... but, you have to wait for those 'till Frank comes back."

"I'm going to check on the steaks," said Garrett, walking out of the condo to see Frank.

Barbara put her purse down on the sofa, thought better of it because of the gun inside and asked Caitlyn to lock it up in her bedroom. She poured herself a large margarita and went into the living room.

"Thank you, Aunt Barbara," said Kelly, clutching her new bear. "I'm going to name him Bobo..."

"Bobo, you say."

"Yes, he's funny."

"Well, whatever floats your boat, kid."

"You're silly... I don't have a boat. Mommy, Aunt Barbara says I should have a boat. Can I have a boat?"

Barbara took a long sip of her drink. "Kids..."


"Pass the chips, will you? por favor..." said Frank, moving his pico de gallo over to the side of his plate. "¿Maria, tiene más fajitas?"

"Sí, Señor Frank, un momento, por favor." Maria rose from the table, taking several of the empty serving plates with her.

"This has been delicious. Thank you, so much, Maria, muy delicioso." Barbara got up and started clearing some of the other dishes. "I can't let her do all the work. What?"

Caitlyn laughed, delighted to just sit there and let her do most of the work. From the kitchen came the sounds of rinsing dishes clattering in the sink and being put into the dishwasher.

"Señor Frank, here are your fajitas. Anyone else?"

"Oh, no," said Garrett, 'I'm stuffed. Gracias, Maria."

"De nada, Señor Garrett." Maria sat down and finished her pina colada. Someday, she thought, someday she would have a man to love her, she just didn't know when or how.


"Well," said Frank, "that was fun. But, you know, you spend all day with people and then you spend more afterwards and you end up talking shop. It's like you never left work."

"Are you saying you don't want to have dinner with them, anymore?"

"Not so much that as... well, maybe not so often, from now on." How could he explain the mixed feelings he had seeing Barbara with Garrett... feelings he shouldn't have. He was married to Caitlyn, now and should act accordingly. Maybe he still was angry about the five years they had lost when she had sent him away, afraid of commitment. Maybe he should talk to someone and get his feelings straightened out.

12