Seriously Inconvenienced Ch. 03

Story Info
Strange doings in the County, and a fiery crash...
8.7k words
4.78
15.1k
4

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 11/18/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The chronological order of my stories is as follows:

Todd & Melina series, Interludes 1-5, Sperm Wars series, Russian Roulette series, Case of the Murdered Lovers series, Case of the Murdered Chessplayer series, The Swap series, Interludes 6-10, The Murdered Football Player Series, Case of the Black Widow series, Teresa's Christmas Story, The Case of the Black Badge series, A Case of Revenge series, Teresa's Summer Race, The Trilogy series, Dark Side Of The Force series, Caught In The Act series, Case of the Murdered Bride series, The Credit Card Caper series, The Hot Wives Investment Club series.

Seriously Inconvenienced, Ch. 1-3.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, extreme language, and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial or racist language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Part 10 - The County Badass

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" said the redhead reporter at 7:00am on Monday, November 17th. "Channel Two News has learned that the fallout of the drug raid last Friday night, which resulted in local police officers and the SBI's Narcotics Task Force exchanging gunfire with each other, is having ramifications across the State. Tensions between the SBI and various local law enforcement agencies is reaching a boiling point, which is causing many experts to believe that unless something is done, the effectiveness of law enforcement in the State will be negatively impacted."

"In other news, it is believed that the criminals that robbed the Second National Bank and kidnapped Luisa Gomez may be part of a larger criminal organization. Commander Donald Troy of the Town & County Police Department has confirmed that the FBI is now working with the local police, as the criminals may have crossed over the State line to our West. Luisa Gomez continues to undergo rehabilitation at University Hospital as she recovers from her grievous injuries."

Tanya Perlman said "I heard that Dr. P. Harvey Eckhart from that 'Vision' cult in Coltrane County brought a couple of psychologists to help Luisa, and that they're doing a lot for her. The hospital staff isn't thrilled about it, but Dr. Fredricson stepped in and suggested the psychologists be allowed to continue working with her."

"Oh really?" I said. "First I'm hearing of that. Cindy, you're not the only person who doesn't get told things." I was needling my partner very hard.

"Stoppit." was all Ross said as she sipped her coffee, but I noted that her rugged but pretty face remained unperturbed.

Chief Griswold came up as we watched in the MCD room and growled at me "Crowbar, why in the world did you give that woman that confirmation that the FBI is working with us?"

"Case of 'damned if I do, damned if I don't', Chief." I said. "Bettina already had the info, and denying it would just cause the reporting to be more intense and hostile. Jack Muscone said it was okay to confirm it, as well... he wants the bastards to know the FBI is on their tails, hoping to get some cell phone chatter to start up, I guess."

"In that case--" started the Chief, but we were interrupted as Lt. Teresa Croyle came into the room. She was not alone.

"Look who's back from the Police Academy, everyone!" Teresa said. It was Detective Theo Washington, the 'movie star handsome' black Detective, whose brother Franklin was one of the ADAs at the Courthouse. Theo was dressed in a suit that rivaled Martin Nash's for the 'GQ look'.

"About time you got back, Washington." growled the Chief in a friendly way as he shook Theo's hand.

"How was Detective School?" I asked. Theo had attended the course at the Police Academy that I'd felt the need to re-write for them.

"It was good." said Theo. "But I think I learn a lot more from the Iron Crowbar and Lt. Perlman's hands-on training."

"Glad to see they taught you how to kiss ass properly." said Chief Griswold, getting a good laugh out of everyone in the room. After more small talk, the Chief told us all to get to work and left the room.

"I'm glad I graduated Friday." Theo said. "My cell phone lit up over the weekend about that shoot-out you guys had with the SBI. Just about the only thing anyone was talking about the whole time was what's going to happen in January in the State Legislature. There's a lot of tension, some people favoring the SBI and some dead-set against them."

"That's interesting to hear." I said. "Okay, Perlman, get Theo up to speed on what's going on around here. I'm going to follow the Chief's orders and try to get some work done." I left the MCD room for my office. I was not surprised that Cindy Ross followed me in.

"How was your weekend?" I asked as I pointed at a seat for Cindy to sit in.

"Exhausting." Cindy said, settling into the seat and crossing her well-toned, shapely legs. "I now have full carnal knowledge of why your married life is so happy."

"I think my wife enjoyed herself with you and Jenna, as well." I said. "But she's also very good at keeping secrets, and she didn't tell me a thing except that she had an exhausting evening herself. What happened with y'all stays with y'all, and I don't wanna know the details." I had no idea just what secrets my wife and my partner were keeping from me, and in not knowing what I didn't know, I'd made a remark Cindy thought was unintentionally funny. But after a brief smile, she turned serious.

"Well, that's not what I came to talk about." said Cindy, stiffening in her chair a bit. "Sir, may I speak frankly?"

"By all means." I said, getting an idea of what was coming.

Cindy said "I just wanted you to know that I talked to Jenna about her punk Gor-don using the other office. Jenna wasn't happy about it-- about your complaint, that is. And I felt like I was put between a rock and a hard place. I talked to her, but that's the last time I mix business with my personal relationship with her, Don. I will not be your unofficial go-between with the D.A.'s office, particularly with Jenna, again."

"I understand." I said. "And while we're speaking frankly, privately and the ranks are off: a superior officer normally never apologizes to a a junior officer, but I do owe you an apology for putting you in that position. I was thinking about it over the weekend, and I regret having made that suggestion to you. I won't do that to you again."

"Thank you." Cindy said. I could see in her eyes that my apology meant a lot to her.

"All right, ranks back on, let's get back to work." I said. "While I'm downstairs making Myron and Mary work their asses off about the bank robbery, I want you to consolidate the Vice raid. I need expedited reports from everyone that went on it. Definitely about the SBI shooting at them, but also about the perps and the haul that we captured..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dr. Laura Fredricson sat at her desk in her office in the University's Psychology Building, typing away at her laptop computer. But it was not School business she was doing on the computer and the heavily secured internet line to it. It was 'Company' business.

She called her assistant Gayle Roberts into the office. "Let's sweep for bugs." Laura ordered. Both beautiful women got out their bug detection devices and began sweeping the room, their high heels clicking on the floor as they walked around. Laura also went into her nursery room behind the office, checked on Carole and Jim, and swept that room for bugs also, knowing that the audio/video baby monitors might transmit voices if they weren't careful.

"It's clean." Gayle said. She then brought up a chair very near to Laura's desk so that they could talk in low tones. "You must have something important to discuss." she said as Laura sat down.

"Overabundance of caution." Laura replied. "I've been doing some research since we walked in on that bastard Wargrave sitting in my nursery last October 6th, as has Jack Muscone and his FBI team. My husband believes that Wargrave is connected to the recent string of murders and suicides in this County, and the Muscone Team has been following up on that. Jack has reported to his boss that he thinks he's found a couple of leads that might tie in to Wargrave."

"That's great!" Gayle said, then saw Laura's face. "Er... isn't it?"

"I'm seeing something different." said Laura. "The NSA has picked up on increased communications chatter in this area recently. My Director has been told about it, but the FBI has not. Wargrave has contacts at the highest levels of Government, in the State Department, Homeland Security and Defense Departments, and we are concerned he has contacts inside the NSA, as well, so only a very few people are being informed of this."

"What is the different thing you're seeing?" Gayle asked.

"I think Wargrave is on to Muscone, and he's laying a trail of bread crumbs for Muscone to follow, a trail that will lead to nowhere... or into a trap."

"I understand the 'need-to-know' aspect of this," said Gayle Roberts, "but don't we need to let Mr. Muscone or someone know? Not only to keep him and his team safe, but so he doesn't waste his time?"

"Certainly." said Laura. "But this may also be an opportunity to trap Wargrave, get him to commit to something we can act upon. Then I can unleash the 'Huntress' upon him." Laura did not say out loud that 'Huntress' was the Company's code name for one of the best 'wet boy' snipers they'd ever had... the sniper who had so skillfully eliminated the evil Rev. Jonas Oldeeds. "It is not my intention, nor my Director's, to arrest Wargrave nor bring him into a Courtroom."

"So what are we going to do?" Gayle asked, knowing that Laura Fredricson already had a plan.

"Well, I'm certainly not going to go to the local constabulary about this." Laura said. "But my husband will have to know some of it, to cover for us. And we need to act fast, beginning tonight." Laura then detailed her plan to Gayle.

As Gayle was about to leave to send out the orders to implement Laura's plan, she turned and said "Laura, can I ask you a question?"

"Certainly." said Laura.

"Why do you think Wargrave was in your nursery room that morning?" Gayle asked. "I never was convinced he was just there to scare you and deliver that warning to your husband."

"I've been thinking about that, as has my husband, for weeks now." replied Laura. "Don thinks Wargrave was here for another reason and we surprised him, so he had to go into the nursery but got caught there anyway. We did a super-sweep for bugs and found none, and I keep no Agency files here at all. Nothing was taken, and he left no notes, pictures, or paintings, either; apparently those are saved for my husband. So we're not sure."

At that moment, the baby monitor emitted that most beautiful of sounds: Laura's daughter was awake and singing to herself in her crib. As Gayle went to send out the orders for the plan, Laura went into the nursery.

Carole was in her crib, looking up at the ceiling when her mother's lovely face appeared. "Mama." she said, holding up her arms in a gesture asking to be picked up. Laura did so.

"Hi Carole, how's my girl?" Laura said, holding her daughter at face-to-face level. "You're so pretty today! Are you ready for lunch?"

"Yeh." Carole said, and Laura didn't know if Carole was really answering or just making a noise to hear herself talk...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Thank you for calling, sir. I'll definitely take action, and let you know of my plans." said Henry R. Wargrave. Hanging up the phone after the call ended, he turned in his chair and looked out the windows of his office, thinking as he looked at the view of the City. He reached for his cell phone and made a call, summoning his friend Austin R. Murphy. Murphy arrived within fifteen minutes.

"Have a seat, Austin." Wargrave said as the secretary ushered Murphy into the office. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No thank you, I just had lunch." Austin said, sitting down. "What can I do for you, Hank?" Austin R. Murphy was one of the few people in the world that had been invited to address the billionaire by his nickname.

"First, let me make sure we're not being overheard." said Wargrave. His security man Josh came in with two other men. They swept the room for bugs, including a 'wipedown' of Austin R. Murphy.

"Room is clean, sir." said Josh.

"Thank you, Josh." Wargrave said. After the men left, Wargrave said "I've gotten word that the FBI is trying to track me. It seems they think I'm involved in some sort of industrial espionage in the Iron Crowbar's County. I've left false trails for them to follow, but Muscone sidestepped them... looks like he was warned by the Iron Crowbar, and now Muscone may be getting onto the right track. The Iron Crowbar is seriously inconveniencing me again."

"Are you suggesting we take steps to stop him?" asked Murphy. His words were understood to mean assassinating the Iron Crowbar.

"No, at least not yet." said Wargrave. "I've been told to leave him be. But I think we can take a more effective action, eliminate the FBI threat, and let the Iron Crowbar know that he's in over his head and needs to stick to being a policeman in his County." He told Murphy his plan.

"Sounds good, but it'll bring down heat from Washington." said Murphy.

"Leave that to me." said Wargrave. "No point in having expensive contacts in Washington and within the Federal Government if I can't make use of them."

"Speaking of contacts, Hank," said Murphy, "our new deep cover operative in the County is set up. The police there have no idea."

"Good, but tell him to be damn sure to be careful around the Iron Crowbar. That man..." Wargrave said, going into his own version of a reverie. "Well, let's just say that man is just a wee bit too active for us to continue to mess with. We need to make sure that there continues to be... distractions... for him while we make our move, and while we set up in another location, and with our new partners."

"Yes, sir." said Murphy, wondering who the new partners were, but not asking out loud.

"By the way, has anyone spoken to Katherine Woodburn? To... 'congratulate' her, of course."

"That's being handled over there." said Murphy. "He wants to handle that himself, so I was told." Murphy did not need to say who 'he' was; Wargrave was all too aware. In fact, 'he' was the one who had just phoned Wargrave.

"All right." said Wargrave. "By the way, the big game against our in-state rival, State Tech, is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and it's a home game for us. Do you want to go with me in my plane?"

"Sure, thank you." said Murphy. The State Technical Institute, the University's in-state rival, was northeast of Midtown on the way towards the City. While a conference member, State Tech was an inferior opponent for most teams, and it was imperative for Interim Coach Bronson to defeat them and continue the six-year winning streak against them. Failure to do so would mean that University Trustees Wargrave, Murphy and the others would have to find new coaching.

"It's Nick Eastwood's last game, I hope he'll do well for the NFL scouts that will be there. He's been our badass for several years. He deserves a good pro career." said Wargrave...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"This drug case is a big one, and the SBI really threw a wrench into the works with their illegal raid." said District Attorney Gil Krasney. "So Jenna, I want you to use Paulina's help to get us through it and get the convictions. And that case Sharples brought... might as well decline to prosecute it; his sloppiness in making the arrest is so bad that even Judge Watts would throw it out. I'm going to talk to the Chief and the Commander about it; they really need to do something about that guy."

"I've already talked to Lieutenants Croyle and Ross, sir." said Jenna Stiles. "The Police Union is a big problem in them getting Sharples out of the way, but Internal Affairs is trying to get something solid. But the fat guy is slippery as an eel."

"I'll see what I can do." said Krasney. "Okay, that should wrap it up." said Krasney, sitting at the head of the table in the main conference room in the Courthouse building. Present at the mid-afternoon meeting with him and Jenna were ADAs Paulina Patterson, Franklin Washington, Dwayne Gregory, newly-elected Solicitor Miriam Walters, and ADA Savannah Fineman, who was now the Deputy Solicitor at the appointment of Walters and Krasney.

"Sir," said Jenna, "I have one more issue to bring up. The Police Commander has been complaining about my assistant Gor-don using the extra office from time to time. I think it's our office and Gor-don should be able to use if if one of the other ADAs isn't there--"

"Yes, Jenna," Krasney said, cutting Jenna off, and also seeing Paulina roll her eyes, "I've already heard from the Police Chief himself about it. Guys, I want you over there to work with the Police, not develop adversarial relationships with them. The offices aren't really ours; we're there at the courtesy of Chief Griswold and the Police Department. I told the Chief I would speak to all of you about it, and I also told him that Gor-don using the desk space didn't bother me if ADA Stiles has him doing something needing the space. Jenna, keep it circumspect, and don't annoy the Iron Crowbar. Yeah, he's the Department's badass, and he's earned the title-- in both good and bad ways."

"Yes sir." Jenna said, not mollified at all, but not taking the argument further in the public decorum of the meeting.

"Okay, guys, let's get back to work." said Krasney. "Franklin, can you stay a moment?" The room emptied except for Franklin Washington and D.A. Krasney.

"Franklin, I don't normally want to exploit the fact you're the brother of one of the Police Detectives," said Krasney, "but is there anything you can tell me about this business with Jenna's assistant and the Commander?"

Franklin replied "My brother Theo said that Jenna's assistant is using that office all the time, and some of the Detectives, who are in cubicles or offices so small they're worthless, are complaining to the Commander about it. Word is that the Commander and Jenna are at odds about it, and it may come to a head soon. And when things come to a head with the Iron Crowbar..." Washington did not finish the sentence.

"I see." said Krasney. "Okay. I think Jenna is a really great ADA, but she's headstrong, and I definitely don't want Commander Troy getting pissed at us when he's about to be Acting Chief of the Police Force. So here's what I'd like you to do to set the table for me..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hi Aunt Laura!" said Todd as Dr. Fredricson entered his office at BOW Enterprises. "You wanted to talk to Barry Oliver? I'll take you right to him. By the way, this is my assistant, Mariko." Todd was referring to a pretty young Asian woman with a very shapely body. Her cheekbones were very high and her eyes very slanted, even for Asian woman, and her legs were exceptionally gorgeous in the very high heels she was wearing. Laura did not need the Iron Crowbar's skills to observe that Todd was fucking and depositing his sperm into this gorgeous woman at least once a day.

The three went through the factory, Todd pointing out some features and equipment, until they reached the research labs. Todd's capacity as company CEO was the only reason Laura was admitted into the area.

"Hey Barry, you remember Dr. Fredricson, my lucky Uncle Don's wife?"

"Sure." said Barry Oliver. "Dr. Fredricson, this is Takaki Taichi, surname 'Takaki'. We call him 'Taro'."