Sex Tales for the New Millennium Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This ending seemed rather abrupt and I felt confused. I waited behind a corner on the next floor and saw a cleaning crew go in a minute later. And then after another minute she rushed off with a small package held closely. Her walk was energetic, and sexy, and perhaps a bit nervous.

I went back to straighten up my work area, and started by resting on my couch. Then a another woman with a big smile popped in, to quickly put a new envelope on my desk, marked "Next."

She left and I opened it immediately. It contained a new design task and the instruction "never too late to begin preparing for tomorrow." It was another engaging challenge. I read it, thought about, and even sketched some ideas. But I was also tired and did a lot of that on the sofa. I straightened up my work area and decided it was time to go. As I left cleaning crews were starting to deploy all over the business. Many people had left and more were going. I walked back by the receptionist and waved as she eyed me up and down with admiration. She gave me a card for a restaurant where I could get free meals, and another card for a shop where I could "continue to develop my good taste in clothes."

She said "We want you to maintain your great health and your bright appearance. We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow."

I took the main stairway down; it provided great views of the offices. Along the way I ran into Selia.

Selia said "Hello, I hope you enjoyed your new job. We'll see you tomorrow, yes?"

"I did have a nice day here. Are you people always so..., welcoming?"

Selia smiled. "We can be, but it all depends. 'Recruits' can have a strong response, as you might guess."

I smiled.

"Even though we try to read them before putting out an invitation, there is still a lot of variability. So we have to watch recruits from the start. Some are uncomfortable, perhaps because of our openness, perhaps because they feel vulnerable, perhaps because of our energy. When we see any of that, they get a boring one-day task in a windowless office. Other recruits become aggressive. Mostly men but not all. They act like hungry wolves with weak egos, thinking they deserve all the steak they see just because they have an appetite."

Selia raised an eyebrow and continued, "One attacked Boss and learned about her marshal arts skills. He left on a stretcher."

I appreciated the power coming from Selia, and there was a compliment in what she said.

"Yes, you responded well," Selia said. "You handled vulnerability, and you did not presume. You caught Boss's attention, right from the start. Very few see the Boss, ever. Boss went so far as to say you were special."

Selia advised me to keep being myself, and to maintain my responsiveness and sensitivity. And to come in energetic and rested every morning. "No hangovers allowed," as she waved a friendly finger. "And don't ever use those empty pills."

"Ha, never needed, never will."

"Good." said Selia.

She reached over and squezzed my ass and left as she said goodbye. I laughed; my pants were tight again as I continued down the stairs and out of the building.

I went to the restaurant and the food was terrific. Fresh, tasty, and healthy. The small berry desert was divine. During dinner I thought about my next day's task and I though about boss. It was all very stimulating and my mind was whirling as I left.

I walked dark streets and realized I was still processing the day. I saw a nameless bar and wondered if I could get a good beer. I looked inside and it wasn't smokey. There were a few intimate groups, and guys scattered along the bar. I took the easiest route to a seat at the bar. Two taps were piss but the third was a local brew with just enough spunk. I sipped my brew and struck up a superficial conversation with the guy next door. He was friendly so I started offering pieces of real thoughts. And then asked him what he thought about businesses based on sex. He liked the idea and started to rattle off his favorite stripper joints. He started to get filthy from there, and I sighed in relief after I steered him back to a more reasonable line. Then I asked if there could be other types of businesses, more appreciative?

He didn't understand and I couldn't really explain beyond repeating "appreciative." But I did happen to mention that a woman was the boss.

He snorted loudly, and said something like, "women must be controlled." He was angry and held up his hand and flipped it back and forth like he was hitting someone.

I gulped. I'd spent my time in the locker room, and I could do man talk. But I hadn't heard a hateful perspective for some time, and I didn't like it. I gulped the rest of my beer and put a tip down for the bartender. I pondered a life-tip for my neighbor but he seemed set in his ways. I said "goodbye" as I thought "asshole." I stumbled out the door and onto the sidewalk. My axes had been twisted and I wanted to get back to that good direction.

As the rhythm of my walk set in again I started to relax. My thoughts returned to the new job and possible designs sprang to mind. I started to feel the strong breeze of possibility that followed me from her business. But I was also tired and it felt good when I entered my familiar neighborhood. I unlocked my door and quickly prepared for bed. Once safely there I closed my eyes and thought of Boss. A fire lit and I was again warm and hard.

12