Shackled Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was still one thing on his mind and Carl articulated it.

"What about Simon's family?" he said. "Are we sure they're safe?"

Hansen looked towards Mrs. Chan.

"I was hoping...."

The old woman waved her hand at him and smiled. She turned to Victor and her son nodded.

"It's done," she said.

"Thank you," he said. "I'll send someone else too from one of the rebel groups, they owe me a lot of favors, but we don't need to tell them what we're doing. I'll trust you to sort it out."

Victor nodded. "Yes, Liam."

Mrs. Chan's hand quickly slapped him on the back of the head and he winced.

"Er....yes, Mr. Hansen."

Everyone laughed.

You're spreading yourself thin, mate.

I know.

Looking after the scientists, the scientist's family. Going after the drug corporations and you also have to create distractions.

We are the best, you should know that by know.

Even the best lose when they bite off more than they can chew.

Scaredy cat.


"So," said Hansen, "do we involve other rebels to help us cause the distractions or do we keep it in house?"

Laura shook her head. "I don't trust anyone else. I say we keep it in house."

Most of the others shook their heads. They wanted it kept to them. Hansen understood. They only trusted each other.

Bonnie shifted from her stance leaning against the wall.

"The fact that you're asking that," she said, "means you don't think we're up to this or you've gone soft? Which is it?"

He looked at her. There was a collective intake of breath and the room became quiet.

Gone soft?

His brow furrowed and then he noticed her lips twitch. She was almost turning the corners of her mouth up. She was about to smile.

"Gone soft?" he said.

This time she did smile and the atmosphere in the room instantly became lighter.

He didn't know why he did it, but in front of everyone, he walked over to Bonnie and leaned down and gave her a light kiss on the lips.

"Thank you," he whispered through his lips and into her mouth.

He stepped back quickly and in the corners of her green eyes he could see small tears starting to build. She was blushing as she looked at him warmly with those intelligent eyes. Your welcome they said.

Hansen felt better.

That wasn't so hard was it?

It's Bonnie.

She's yours.

She's not anyone's.

You can't give back what you've been given.


Hansen looked at her quickly again. Her face had returned to normal.

"Let's eat," he said to the room, "and then my favorite doctor can explain how she's going to operate on Emma and me." He looked at Laura then back to Emma. "And I'm sure you're going to be happy to finally be unshackled from me. My snoring must be killing you!"

Hansen felt himself tingling. This was all finally going to go down and the only thing in doubt was the outcome.

Feels good doesn't it?

I guess.

I guess? You were made for this.

Made for this?

Stop repeating what I say. You were made for this.


Made for this.....?

12