Shade's Destiny Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Back in the condo, rather jelly legged and a silly smile on my face, I kissed Kim and Honey goodnight. They thanked us for dinner and wonderful night. After our bathroom routines and undressing, we lay in bed.

"Did you hear what Kim whispered to me?"

"Yup, sure did."

"Any thoughts?"

"I love you." I laughed.

"This I know!"

"I'm not sure if she really would have Destiny. Plus, she knows I wasn't ready to let that part of me out in the open. And I'm not sure if I could handle my little sister in that role."

Yeah, I'd had that last part in my head as well. "Well I guess things happen the way they do for a reason. Now will you please make love to me?"

She did.

The only notable thing we did over the weekend was select the pictures we wanted from the fabulous photo shoot. Shade shocked me when she said she wanted the picture of me in the wing back chair and the rest to be our family Christmas card. Yeah, Christmas was last Tuesday. But it showed her in what could not be mistaken as a submissive pose.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Shade smiled and nodded. "Absolutely! I've given it quite a bit of thought." So much for knowing what's on the mind of the woman I love!

"Well, aside from you being a jerk for not sharing earlier ..." I grinned, "if you're okay with it I am too."

Oh my god those eyes. "Does my miss wish to discipline her naughty pet?" Uh, yeah! And she liked it.

New Years Eve -- finally!! After waking up the usual way (eye roll) we pretty much lounged around. I don't know what they do but Kim and Honey laughed at us when we finally made our way out of the bedroom. Kim had Honey pour my coffee and make Shade's tea.

Once I had some caffeine in my system I asked, "So what do you two have planned for tonight?"

Kim giggled and said, "Since you two are going to be downtown overnight we're having a par-tae! Just about any and everyone we know who's in town will be here. We're gonna tear it UP!"

I looked at Shade and said, "Are there locks on our bedroom door?" Laughter filled the room.

Honey said, "Can we at least drag your mattress out here?"

Shade glared at her sister, saying, "If you bitches break anything there will be hell to pay."

Never one to back down, Kim rolled her eyes. "Oooh, big talkin' big sister. Did you get permission from your miss?"

Busted!

We had our dresses and the rest in a travel bag and makeup and sundries in another. The kisses and goodbyes were warm.

It puzzled me that Shade had the doorman hail a cab but whatever. We checked in without a problem. The room was fabulous ... fireplace, a California King, walk-in shower and a gigantic hot tub. If I didn't know better I'd have thought it was a honeymoon suite.

I just know you'll be shocked that my honey wanted some play time before dinner and the rest of the night. I teased her that I was a cheap appetizer before the main course. She laughed but it didn't stop her from doing what she was doing.

You can probably guess how our hot tub thing went. I love this woman and she wears me out! I needed a nap.

Instead we got dressed and headed to dinner.

"I wonder if our waiter dude is going to be here tonight."

Shade laughed and said, "Why do you think I made the reservation in your name?"

We'd really gone all out with our choice of outfits for the night. Mine was a strapless luxe bandage design that came to mid-thigh and showed no cleavage. Never fear! The girls were on display in the gorgeous red dress covered in red sequins that added to the eye catching effect. I loved the way the form-fitting bodice helped hold my glories at attention, for attention. Shade really liked the back zipper that would allow for a quick escape later. Imagine that! I wore three inch red patent leather pumps with silver heels and silver studs on the toes. Silly, but Shade liked them.

Shade chose a sleeveless color block dress, black on the left side and white on the right, with a low V-neck and a hem that fell to mid-thigh. It had a black on black and white on white belt with two silver reverse 'U' buckles. Sexy, but not sexual, she looked fabulous, especially with her black and white heels and silver bracelets that made the silver buckle pop. The dress had a hidden zipper. I knew where it was! It's supposed to be cool in the shade; my Shade looked smokin' hot!

When we bought the dresses Shade tried telling me the colors and design were a perfect symbolism for what she was and who she had become. I told her that she was retarded. She pouted; I laughed. I knew what she meant. She needed to learn she could trust ... trust herself and who she gave her heart to. I'm proud of her and I love her!

The idiot host looked like he recognized us. At least that's what I told Shade when we were seated. "So if the Chuckster is here you can be sure he won't be taking care of us." Well, well ... apparently he wanted another crack at us.

"Good evening ladies. You both look smashing." Not a bad start. So go for the jugular.

"Well thank you Chucky; how was your Christmas?" The smile froze and disappeared. I smiled. "Let's start with a dirty martini for my honey and a vodka gimlet for me. Shade, would you like an appetizer?" She lifted her eyes to meet mine. I was biting my lip; I'd said it that way on purpose. Yup, it looked like it was gonna be one of those nights!

Shade said, "I'll have the poki salad." Huh? I looked at the menu. Oh my god. It was steamed octopus and ogo seaweed in sesame oil. No, no, no ... we're not sharing!

I think I trumped her very nicely! "I'll have the steamed clams." Shade's eyes sparkled with mirth. The Chuckster thanked us and left.

"Steamed clams? Really?"

"What? You're eating seaweed so shut up."

"No, that's not what I meant. Do you think he got the joke?"

"That goof; are you kidding?" Apparently even our Charles has 'people.' A young black lady and an older dude brought our drinks and appetizers. Shade smirked as my eyes followed her swaying hips.

"Have you ever wondered how I knew so many of your little secrets Destiny?" I was puzzled. "I found your diary."

"You what?" I know I nearly screamed that. Heads turned.

"I can't believe you haven't figured it out, smart as you are. The tattoo, the belly button ring, and yes, Etienette were all courtesy of your diary." I know my jaw dropped. I suppose I should have guessed. She'd had people go through my apartment. Someone must have found it.

I shrugged. "I suppose I ought to be angry with you Shade but it's pretty much water under the bridge now." I thought I'd drop my own little bomb shell. "I want you to let the apartment go when the lease is up. I want to live with you."

"Really?"

"Well yeah; I mean, Kim's gonna graduate in the spring. She'll find a job with no problem. Honey's going to start with you soon after the first of the year. They're a couple just like us. Let's plan on finding a place just for the two of us. The only thing we don't have that I'd like is a balcony. A place nearby that has a balcony. What do you think?"

"I, uh, I ... okay."

I laughed. "Well said." Irritating as ever, Charles intruded. "Give us a few minutes." I didn't even look at him.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Hell yeah I'm sure. This isn't how my life was supposed to go but whatever. We're a couple remember?"

"Can we get our dinners to go?" I laughed long and sorta loud.

As we ate our appetizers I thought about just how crazy life can be. New Years Eve was when the idea of writing about this crazy life of ours first entered my non-writer's mind. How's that for a confession! I told Shade.

She laughed, "Are you nuts? You want to write a story about the two of us? Who'd believe it?"

"Hell if I know. I'm hardly a writer, though that's just a detail." I had a thought. "Hey, do you want to really mess with Chucky and order the exact same thing we did last time? You know ... the trout and duck." Shade did. I laughed.

"Okay, but let's switch. You order the duck and I'll order the fish." Perfect!!

The mother Chucker was appalled when I ordered the Malbec. My eyes told him to shut the fuck up. He slinked away.

When the entrees were presented we switched, as planned. The light conversation continued.

"Are we going to this New Years Eve party and staying till midnight?"

I laughed. "You're insatiable."

"It's Chicago. We can turn on the television and watch the New Year come in. I want to be with my ... Destiny."

"Good catch! Okay, that sounds fine to me."

Dinner was fabulous. My Shade was mouth watering.

Oh sure, we danced a little. The band really was very good. They did a bunch of old favorites and some hot new stuff. It seemed most of the crowd was around our age so there was some decent energy in the ballroom. Most of the room was for dancing and the celebration. Tables were scattered along the walls on two sides. There had to be a half dozen bars.

We both knew it was time to head upstairs after another slow dance. The elevator was quite crowded. I wasn't sure if it was late arrivals or others, like us, who wanted to ring in the New Year in private. Most likely both.

By mutual agreement neither of us had worn a bra or panties so undressing was a formality. Shade was beneath me, our bodies as close as our mouths. So many 'new' things since July -- this was another. After we had teased and pleased each other, the dance began in earnest. Whispers became moans became cries of ecstasy.

The details don't matter. You know how we make love. Tonight? A little extra spark added to the pleasure. I know I was ready to give as well as take any and everything she had to offer.

After a potty break and splashing cold water on our faces and each other, Shade turned on the television. She moved to the door and picked up a little white envelope I hadn't seen. Without comment she slipped it into her purse, took a couple of things from it and set them on the table.

We sat on a bench in front of the bed, arm in arm, as the year turned. "I love you babe," I purred after the kiss.

Shade had tears. She swallowed hard and said, "You really are my Destiny!" I smiled.

She stood, took my hand, and led me to the fireplace. She reached for and handed me the paper she'd taken from her purse. I looked at it. Holy crap, it was the contract I'd signed that awful Friday. I looked at her, confused.

"Let's celebrate by burning this waste of time Destiny. There's no need for that nonsense. Not now, not with the woman I love." She tore the pages in half and handed me mine. Flicks of wrists sent the paper into the flames.

We both had tears. The kisses were warm. She pulled away, went to the table and brought one last item. My diary!

"This is yours; do with it as you wish." Her eyes were warm and wet. Kokomo? A lifetime ago. Into the flames it went.

We loved each other long into the night. Toys? None were needed this night. Shade had her Destiny and I had my Shade. Absolutely, positively everything we both needed.

No reason not to start the New Year off with a 'bang' right? That was written with teeth on lip. Eventually we got around to ordering breakfast. And eventually we got around to eating it. And eventually we needed to check out. The phone was a persistent reminder we were way past checkout time. See this finger in the air? Check that out!

In the elevator I asked, "How are we getting home?" Shade smiled. As we exited the elevator she ripped open the little white envelope. I watched, confused, as she handed the little slip to the valet dude. Off he scampered. I looked; she smiled. What on earth is going on? A green Lexus pulled up a few minutes later.

The dude held the driver's door. Shade said, "I believe that's your car." It's what? She smiled that smile. "Yup. My lease was up. Not only did I get the 2013 version for me but I sold your car, got a fabulous deal and got you one too."

"You what?"

She laughed. "You don't remember? You signed the title over to me. I've been paying the garage fees and insurance. Kim has taken it out for a spin now and then to keep it in good working order. The salesman just about cried I beat him up so bad but I had a trade in and was leasing two new vehicles. Do you like it?" A green Lexus GS350. I'll be damned.

Epilogue

Well, there ya go! Six of the craziest months a woman could ever have. A life turned upside down and inside out. An unknown cocoon ripped to shreds. A life and love, unthinkable such a short time ago, emerges in its fabulous brilliance. Those words could have been written about either one of us.

In no particular order, here are some of the tidbits that are noteworthy from January to today ... mid-July.

Honey attended the first sales meeting in January. Tasha didn't. It seems Tasha just up and left. Nobody has heard from or seen her. An interesting note -- we talked about our collars and work. Shade wanted to wear hers. I offered to wear mine as well. It was, after all, more about us than about either one of us. While there was some back and forth about my wearing mine, in the end I agreed not to. If Shade wanted to show off her new self to those who work for her I would do as I've always done. Support her fully! She asked and Honey shrugged when I looked at her, so I led her into the meeting on her leash. You could have heard a pin drop. She also wore her butt plug (in public) for the first time. Wink!

Honey is doing very well. She and Kim both graduated with honors. As her classmates began to get jobs and get about the business of the rest of their lives she's begun to bring in her share of new business.

I'm learning more about Shade's business. A few companies Shade has a certain kind of contract with have what are called 'orphans.' They are clients whose agent is no longer with the company. Shade gave Honey a bunch of them to jump start her. She didn't throw Honey to the wolves. Experienced agents accompanied her early on. She's persistent, personable, and beginning to understand the value of getting referrals. Shade's very pleased with her progress to date.

Kim? She had more job offers than fingers. She had two that were especially appealing -- one in Silicon Valley and one in Austin, Texas. We all urged her to take the one that gave her the best career choices. She chose to stay in Chicago so Honey could begin her career with Shade.

"If I'm as good as everybody is telling me I am I'll have offers in a year or two." She looked at Honey with a look Shade and I recognized. "We'll be just fine here and we'll be with family."

Kelly? Well, Shade announced at the January meeting that I was going to be in charge of all things administrative. Kelly, after the meeting, asked me if that meant I was her boss. Uh, yeah.

"Does that mean I'll be under your desk too?" I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Shade, Shade, Shade!

"When was the last time you did that?"

She shrugged and said, "It's been a while I guess." Her eyes showed her confusion.

I took her hand and led her to the couch. "Kelly, you're married with a family. You're a valued member of this Agency. You're my friend. No one will be treated that way again in this Agency. Is that clear?" Eyes filling, she nodded.

Shade and Kim's family came to Chicago for graduation. Hello Mom, hello Dad, hello controversy. Her parents were, as Shade told me before they came, very old school. That both daughters were gay and that the four of us were living under one roof was more than a mild shock. To their credit, they seemed to sense that both daughters were very happy and that each couple was genuinely in love. The weekend, which could have been a firestorm, was little more than a brush fire.

I'm doing what Shade and I talked about -- taking a more active role in the day-to-day of her business. Her production and income have risen dramatically. Vicki McCutcheon? Spectacular! She jumped in with both feet; she's got a shot at top producer if she keeps up the pace. Shade's only at one Monday meeting -- at the beginning of the month. She also has lunch every month with one of her agents. The office is humming along rather nicely.

Stacy. Are you're wondering? Think 'out of sight, out of mind.' So it seemed - for her. The part of me that is her friend was happy that she and Matt found what they thought was their 'dream home.' She was so excited about being pregnant again. She asked about us. I gave her the most vanilla answer I could. Sigh. She'll always have a piece of my heart.

What else is there? Oh, Christy and her Brandi got married in late spring!! They were radiant, the picture of joy. Hmm!

Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't mention this earlier. Martine surprised me when, late in February, she asked me to come to Shade's appointment. She said she was releasing Shade as a client, saying that she thought she had made enough progress to manage on her own. She looked at me and said, pointedly, "With your continuing help."

I'm guessing you know how I let Shade know how happy I was for her!

Shade listed the condo late May. We figured the housing market would carry us through September. That meant that Kim and Honey could take over the lease on my old apartment. That it was furnished would save the kids some money.

We had found what we wanted fairly quickly -- not a mile away from where we were. The shocker was how quickly our, uh, Shade's place, sold! She had the agent set a closing date in early September.

Shade asked where I wanted to go for that special date, July 13th, which happened to fall on a Saturday.

I hemmed and hawed with no real clue. Besides, after what she'd done to me the night she asked, I could barely breathe, let along have something resembling a cogent thought.

Why, after all this time, didn't I know what was coming from my fabulous minx! She suggested a certain clothing optional island. In July? Are you freakin' kidding me??

We spent a delightful, romantic weekend at Martha's Vineyard.

We left Friday, arriving in Providence, Rhode Island late afternoon. A limo took us to the ferry at Quonset Point, which took us through Narragansett Bay to what is actually an island. A rental car, a couple blocks away; took us to our hotel.

It was small, it was very old, it was pricey and it was absolutely exquisite in every detail. Features included colonial-style furnishings, a two hundred plus gallon hot tub and a screened porch (both covered by awnings) that could be accessed directly from the room. There was a refrigerator that may have been bigger than what we had in the condo. Shade 'teased' that we might never have to leave the room. My icy glare, which only I knew was a tease, silenced her.

Do any of you know of those commercials for a 'personal-size pool' where you swim against water jets that keep you in the middle of the pool? Does that help paint a picture of how big the hot tub was? Except we didn't swim.

After Ms. Insatiable had her way with me we headed to find food for the fridge. I know you're surprised. We asked at the front desk for a really nice restaurant. They recommended a place called Detente, gave us a phone number, and strongly suggested we book a reservation for Saturday. One pair of eyes rolled; one pair gleamed.

We found a local market. Shade hummed as we shopped. I had a feeling I was gonna need a vacation after our vacation.

She was not amused when I teased we could drive to New Jersey. But I did like how she got even!!

When we got back to the hotel I asked where we might go for dinner tonight, not paying any attention to an obviously miffed Shade. They recommended Sharky's Cantina. It was a wonderful choice. I laughed like only I can when I saw 'slow cooked St. Louis ribs' on the menu. How can a place in Massachusetts do justice to St. Louis ribs? Whatever. We had a blast. The menu was loads of fun, the food fabulous, the joint was jumpin.'