Shadowed Guardian

Story Info
A dutiful guardian's charge.
970 words
3.95
8.5k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It is dark, and cold. I don't know what time it is, to my eyes it is merely dim. Adjusting the swords at my sides I sigh quietly. Guard duty is so very boring, especially compared to my usual duties: stalking and assassination. However I am the best at what I do hence the guard duty.

I am known simply as Shadow Guard. The only thing that distinguishes me from the other shadow guards is that I am the captain of the guards. The other is my malady, I am a vampire, not the kind from books and T.V. I can go out in daylight it merely hurts my eyes, to protect them I wear special goggles that essentially block out the sun.

The main reason I dislike my particular guard assignment is that I may only give instruction and mustn't have any other interaction, that however makes this job harder. The only fun thing about this assignment is that I cannot be seen. So far this assignment has been relatively uneventful, having only had to deal with one threat against my charge, when the threat was terminated everyone ran in a panic. (insert evil laugh here if you wish)

No one is allowed into my charge's chamber, she is called a charge as I do not have a name by which to call her. I guard her chamber from without.

"something is wrong" I mutter softly in the dark. Hearing a very faint noise near the door to my charges room I calmly draw symbols on the floor in my blood causing a faint pulse, and the lights flash on freezing all beings in the room in place. Low and behold my charge is attempting to sneak out. 'so this may get interesting after all' I think.

" what are you doing? You know you are supposed to tell me if you wish to go somewhere. " I said in disappointment.

" I do not have to tell you anything guard. Now release me and guard my chamber. " she hisses in outrage.

" I cannot do that, I do not take your orders ma'am. The only orders I follow are from the king or the royal family." I say sternly.

"I can and will give you orders, now move or I will make you." She says vehemently glaring at me.

" I cannot, I must wait for orders. They should be here momentarily." I nearly whisper gravely with a hint of a sigh.

" YOU drew Runes of evil in my room! You will be executed for this Demon!" she all but shrieks in rage.

I calmly explain, "these runes prevent you from leaving and power some of my spells, the Runes you refer to are drawn in human blood. Not something that I use as I am not human."

" you BASTARD! I'll kill you!" she shouts yanking my sword out of its sheath and strikes at me. I calmly grab the blade and yank it way, and with a flourish I sheath it again. I use spell blades, blades that cannot be used to kill the rightful owner as the spell prevents it. Seconds after resheathing my sword there is a sharp rap at the door. Calmly and swiftly I open the door to admit the king.

Kneeling I say, " my lord, she attempted to escape, I thought she was a threat or I wouldn't have waked you. She has however ordered me to remain and guard her chambers while she is out. What are your orders?"

The king things for a moment before saying," you are to follow her orders however she must be safe" he looks at me with a stern expression before continuing, " her safety takes precedence over her orders."

Nodding I say' "yes, sire" then am interrupted by my charge.

"Father, he used Runes in my rooms! I want him executed, now!" she demanded giving me a triumphant smile.

The king chuckles saying, " nonsense daughter, these runes are dhampire. Runes require human lifeblood if my education is correct where as dhampire runes need multiple runes drawn in the writers blood to do even the simplest things." Then he states sternly, " now stop giving the captain of the shadow guards trouble or you will feed him."

I urgently state, "my lord, I couldn't do that to one of yours, she may turn and there is no telling if she will berserk or not." I was hoping he was jesting, nearly showing the alarm and panic on my ever passive face.

"perhaps it would make your job easier if she was a vampire..... I shall consider this" the king said thoughtfully.

I look at him with a very serious expression and say; "her willingness may offset the risk of berserking, however if she does and I cannot control her I must destroy her, lest she make you king of a nation of crazed vampires. Her giving herself willingly is the only way I will change her."

My charge vehemently shrieks, "I will Never feed Him!"

"all it takes is one slip and you are hooked daughter," the king says softly.

"do you not like his appearance? Is he not pleasing to the eye?" the king toyed.

She smirks, "to a cow or tavern maiden perhaps. He looks dead."

"now daughter it is not nice to lie or slander." The king says sternly.

With all the authority I dare muster against the king I say, "my lord, I think my charge should return to her chambers and try to salvage the rest of her sleep."

With a soft sigh the king says, "right you are Shadow Guard, to bed with you daughter." After a moment's pause the king then says," Captain of Shadows, guard her from inside her chambers hence forth."