Shame, Shame, Shame...My Ending

Story Info
Not happily ever after for all.
11k words
4.16
98.4k
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have gained stangstar06's permission to write my own ending using his characters from his "Shame, Shame, Shame" story. I pick up where he left off. If you didn't find the story that hints at what happens with Danny, he married Rhonda, the next woman in his life like most of stangstar06's stories. That's not what happens here. Hope you enjoy!

*

Danny:

It was a little after 2 P.M. on the Thursday that Betty's and my divorce was final and we'd had lunch together. I was filled with a myriad of emotions as I sat in my Mustang in the cool of the lower level of the parking garage I was in. I had seen Betty's pain as our marriage was finally ended, had a brief moment of weakness remembering all the good things we'd had during our marriage, and asked her out to eat. I had sat and listened to her explanation of why she'd done what she'd done with Greg and gotten angry all over again. If she'd wanted to start doing that kind of sex again, why hadn't she come to me with it? I might not have been able to do all the disgusting things I'd seen them do together, but we could have tried some of the tamer yet kinkier than we'd ever indulged in stuff. I had loved her with all my heart once and would have done almost anything to keep her happy. I had hidden my anger from Betty well enough that she'd gotten the idea we could be friends with benefits like the one I'd had with Amanda.

I wasn't going to tell her that the previous day's late afternoon tryst Amanda and I had shared was the last. I had explained to Amanda after we'd finished that there was no future for the two of us as a couple and we needed to end our sexual relationship. She hadn't been happy and left my house angry and hurt, vowing never to speak to me again. That memory had made me a little sad and before I could stop her, Betty had ran over me with the idea that there was a chance for us to get back together.

I didn't have the guts to tell her straight up that was never going to happen. After seeing her lay there and let Greg urinate on her, I'd vowed never to go near her naked body with any of my body parts and I was going to keep that vow. How could she think I'd be able to be intimate with her after seeing that? Yes, soap and water had removed his urine from her body long ago, but nothing short of a stroke or death was going to erase that image from my head. I also couldn't tell Betty that after the way I had publicly embarrassed her there was no way we could get back together and remain in the small town we lived in. Getting back together with her would make me look as bad as they had and no one would respect me in that town again.

I was confused, sad, angry, frustrated, and excited all at the same time. I didn't know how my date with Rhonda the next night would go, but I was excited by the thought of seeing her. I had seen that she wanted me sexually when she'd asked me out to celebrate my divorce being final. Betty may have still shown it to me when we were still together, but if she had; I'd not noticed it or had been so used to seeing it that it hadn't excited me the way seeing it in Rhonda's face had. I was ready to get on with my life without Betty in it and maybe Rhonda would be the woman that I could begin the next phase of my life with.

Thinking of my new life made me realize I needed to begin securing mine and Jordy's futures so I called Judy, my assistant at work, and asked her to call Mr. Slaton's secretary to set up an appointment for me to see him the next morning at his earliest convenience. He had assured me the Monday following Betty's birthday dinner that no matter what happened between me and his daughter; I had a future in his company and I was too valuable for him to lose.

I had accepted the responsibility of two jobs without the monetary compensation because I was his son in-law and had anticipated being his son in-law for the rest of my life. I wasn't his son in-law anymore and it was time to find out how valuable I really was to him and his company.

The one clause I was adamant about in our divorce was the one that set Betty's alimony at my present salary and any increase in salary couldn't be used to increase her alimony. Her lawyer had initially balked at the clause being included in the final divorce papers, but Betty had insisted that it be left in for some unknown to me reason after resisting everything about the divorce for so long. I told Judy that I wouldn't be in for the rest of the day and she could call if anything came up that needed my attention at the plant. I decided to drive over to the high school and see if Jordy would like to spend the afternoon with his dear old dad while hoping to see Rhonda and confirm our date for the next day.

I arrived at the school at 2:45 and stopped at the office to let them know I was in the building before walking toward the area I thought Jordy's locker was in. I had to pass Betty's and now Rhonda's classroom and remembered Jordy saying he had a class that Rhonda taught, but couldn't remember what period it was. I stopped and looked in to see if Jordy was in the room when I reached it. Rhonda must have seen me because she excused herself to the students and came to the door.

"Hello handsome, looking for me?"

"No, I was looking for Jordan; I thought he might be in your class right now."

"No, he's in one of my earlier classes. Last bell is about to ring so if you wait a few minutes, I can take you to where his locker is and maybe he'll still be close by."

Rhonda closed the door and went back to her seat in front of the class. She hadn't gotten completely settled before the last bell rang and all of her students made a mad dash for the door. I stood as close to the wall as I could so I wouldn't be crushed by them or the rest of the frenzied horde of teenagers trying to leave the building for the beginning of a rare three day weekend with Friday being the extra day instead of Monday. I walked into Rhonda's room and saw that look of wanting I'd seen when she'd asked me out and couldn't resist kissing her and caressing her left breast. Her moan of desire brought me back to my senses.

"I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry, Rhonda, and I promise it won't happen again." I exclaimed

"Listen up, Daniel Martin. It had better happen again and many more times after. Now, let's go find Jordan before he gets out of the building." She excitedly replied back at me.

I walked out into the corridor and as soon as we were out into the wide hall, Rhonda grabbed my hand in hers with a firm grip. We had only gone a few feet down the hall before I saw Jordan and Selena coming towards us. Jordy was nuzzling Selena's neck as she held his head to her shoulder. He turned red with embarrassment when he saw Rhonda and me there in the corridor. I felt my face get hot and knew I was turning red also.

"I see my little talk with Selena's parents seemed to help. I'm glad to see you two back together. Don't worry about them forcing Selena into going to another school after graduation. I think they'll see that it'll be better if they let things work out for themselves."

"Uhm, thanks Dad! We didn't know why they'd changed their minds about us being together. What are you doing here; shouldn't you be at work?" My still red faced son asked me.

"The divorce was final today so I took the rest of the day off. I thought you and I could do something together this afternoon."

"Well, Selena and I were going to go to the house and study, Dad. Can we maybe do something together this weekend?"

"Sure, no problem. I guess I'll see you at the house in a couple of hours."

I watched as my son and his girlfriend walked past Rhonda and I down the corridor toward the front door. Rhonda hadn't let go of my hand the entire time we'd been standing there. She squeezed my hand to get my attention.

"I think if we go back to my apartment and "study" what they'll be studying, it'll take longer than a couple of hours."

"What do you think we can study that they'll be studying?"

"Human anatomy and sex education are the two that come to mind. Although from what I've heard, you're fairly proficient in both of those already. Come on, Danny; let's go back to my apartment. I want you, you want me, and we're not a couple of teenagers who are still trying to figure out the whole sex thing. I'll make you forget about that disgusting, cheater of an ex-wife you have."

I don't know why it bother me as much as it did, but what Rhonda said made me angry enough that I wanted to hit her and I'd never ever had that feeling before toward a woman not even Betty. I grabbed her wrist with my right hand after stepping back away from her and squeezed it hard enough to bring a yelp of pain from her and for her to let go of my hand.

"OOW! WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR?"

"She may have hurt me more than she'll every know and I'll deny it till my last day on this planet if you repeat it, but I still have a small bit of love for Betty and probably always will. Don't you ever say anything like that about her to me again or you can forget about us having any future together. I'll see you tomorrow at 6:45, okay?"

"Yes Danny and I'm sorry. I'll never mention her again, I swear."

I stomped down the corridor out to the one female in my life that hadn't let me down or hurt me, yet. I started her engine and revved it up before yanking the gear shift into drive and tromping the gas, leaving a twin set of black streaks on the pavement as I fishtailed out of the school's parking lot. I decided to drive out to the curve heavy state road not far from town. Driving through them at speed required concentration and would take my mind off of everything for a short while and had always relaxed me in the past.

********************

Betty:

I should have been feeling lower than a snake's belly after my divorce from the only man I ever loved and would ever love was final, but instead I was elated. That same man had given me hope that we could be friends with benefits and I knew once I had him back naked in my arms, I could win his heart like I had our senior year of college. I would do anything and everything he wanted sexually and might be able to introduce him to some of the lighter things that Greg and I had indulged in. Even the brief panic I'd felt when he'd told me of his upcoming date with that little bitch, Rhonda, couldn't ruin the mood I was in. She might have those 34 D boobs that looked so big on that tiny frame of hers, but she wasn't me and I knew she wouldn't be able to win Danny's heart. I decided that I also needed to repair the damage my affair had done to my son, Jordy, and my relationship so I headed to the high school to see if he'd spend the afternoon with his dear old mom.

No one tried to stop me as I entered the school right at last bell. I pressed myself against the wall as the classroom doors burst open and the stampede of teenagers who wanted to exit the building as quickly as possible swarmed past me. I watched to see if Jordy was among the throng, but didn't see him and when the wave of humanity had past me, I headed toward his locker hoping he'd still be close to it or we'd meet in the corridor between where I was and it.

I had to pass my old classroom and couldn't help but look into it through the open door. What I saw inside made me stop dead in my tracks. Danny, my Danny, was in a clinch with that bitch that had taken over my class and was kissing her with a passion he used to kiss me with when we were married and which had not diminished until the last couple of weeks we were together. I saw his right hand massaging her left breast and heard her moan of desire as they kissed and he caressed her breast.

I turned and ran back the way I'd came as the tears began to run down my cheeks and I struggled not to scream in anguish. I didn't stop until I was in my car where I finally let all of the pain out in a bout of uncontrollable sobbing and yelling of obscenities. The elated state I'd been in before had been completely shattered and the realization that I might not be able to win my husband back hit me like the punch I'd seen him land on Greg at the restaurant that fateful Friday night. I finally managed to get enough control of myself to start my car and leave the school property.

I drove to my parents' house and called Danny's cell as soon as I was in my old room. I left a message on his voicemail to call me then called my old house and left a message on that machine as well. I picked at the food my mom had fixed for supper and went back to my room to wait on his call. I cried myself to sleep after realizing he wasn't going to call when 11 P.M. came and went; Danny's usual bedtime. When I awoke the next day, I started to call him again, but decided I wasn't going to act like a teenage girl who kept calling her old boyfriend after they'd broken up and vowed I'd wait on his call or for two weeks whichever came first. I began sending resumes to school systems one hundred miles from my present home. It'd be a hell'va a commute, but I needed to find a job before my father kicked me out of his and my mother's home.

******************

Danny:

I was going through the first set of curves when my phone rang. A quick glance showed that it was Betty calling so I ignored it. I was in the third set of curves when it rang again; but my glance that time showed that it was Jordy so at the next turn out, I pulled over and retrieved my voice mails, erasing Betty's without listening to it.

"Jordy, I can't help it if your mother got upset seeing me kissing Ms. Barbie. I'm single, Ms. Barbie's single, and if we want to kiss each other, we can. Your mother and I are divorced now so I don't care if she gets upset by anything I might do or not do. She caused the divorce and now she has to live with it. I'm not married to her anymore so I don't have to call her if I don't want to, don't have to explain myself to her anymore, and don't have to have anything to do with her if I don't want to, which I don't. If she calls again, don't call to let me know what she said, I'll get it off the answering machine when I get home. Bye son."

I finished driving to the top of the hill, turned around, and headed home. I had no intentions of calling Betty when I got there or at any time in the foreseeable future.

I was in my office at 7:30 A.M. the next morning like I always was. My appointment with Mr. Slaton was at 9 A.M. and I knew what I wanted to say. Everything that I had to say would be the truth and I hoped at the end of the meeting, mine and Jordan's futures would be secured. I arrived in the outer office where Mrs. Slaughter held the keys to the big man's inner sanctum with an iron fist at five minutes to 9 A.M. No one knew her exact age only that it was in the sixties and she'd been with Mr. Slaton from the very beginning of the company's start and was very protective of him. She looked at me with that look that everyone in the company had seen and got her the nickname "Mean Old Sourpuss Slaughter". She buzzed my boss and told him I was there for my appointment and was told to let me in.

"Danny my man, you don't have to make an appointment to see me. Let's have a seat over in the corner where we can be more comfortable."

"No Mr. Slaton, this is a business meeting and not a social one. Would you have Mrs. Slaughter come in here and take notes so that there won't be any misunderstandings later?"

"Danny, what's this about? I told you that Monday after Betty's birthday dinner that you'd not have to worry about your status around here after the divorce."

"Yes, and I appreciate everything you've done for me, but I need some changes for me to stay here. Please have Mrs. Slaughter come in here."

Mr. Slaton did as I asked and tried to get me to tell him what I needed before she got into the room. I kept stalling him until she was seated in the chair beside his desk then sat in the one in front of him.

"Mr. Slaton, we both know I've been doing two jobs here in the factory. I'm doing the director of Quality Control's duties as well as my own as director of Manufacturing. I've also been doing them for less than the normal salary for one. That was fine when I was your son in-law and the possibility of me becoming the next CEO was almost a sure thing."

"But Danny, that possibility is still there. The divorce hasn't changed that. Besides Betty talked like there might be reconciliation for you two in the future."

"Everything we say stays in this room unless it's about my staying here, Mr. Slaton. Will you agree to that?"

"Yes Danny, but..."

"No buts and I think you need to start addressing me as Mr. Martin. I didn't have the guts to tell Betty when we had lunch that we would never be together again the way she wants. I can't depend on verbal and vague reassurances from you as to mine and Jordan's futures. I'm here today to either get definite, solid, written, and notarized documentation of our futures or I'm leaving the company and taking another job at one of the other factories not in direct competition with yours. I've had numerous offers in the last six months and can start Monday with the same benefits and bigger salary than I have here."

"What do you need to stay, Mr. Martin? I told you money wasn't a problem the night you tried to resign. Whatever you need, I'll do it."

"I need an immediate $100,000.00 a year raise, last year's bonus that I turned down for the good of the company, and a company car with the company picking up the insurance and maintenance on it. That's the easy part. Here's the one you might have trouble with. I know you have 41% of the company stock, your wife, Mildred, has 10%, Betty has five and because of the divorce I have five. Through proxy, you have the control of Millie's and Betty's so in all honesty you have the majority of the stock. I need you to will 21% of yours and all of Millie's stock to Jordan and to sell me the remainder of your 20% at a dollar a share to be concluded by end of business a week from today. You will have control of 36% of the stock until you retire or die and I'll have 25%. If I agree with what you're doing with the company during stockholders meetings, I swear I'll vote my shares with yours. If I don't agree, then I'll vote them the way I see fit. Those are my terms and there is no room for discussion.

"You'll have to hire two guys to take my place and you won't know how good of a job they'll do for six months to a year, but if you think your company can survive while they get up to speed, turn me down and I'll wish you good luck and be on my way. I'll give you until 1 P.M. to make your decision. I'll be in my office or on the factory floor for the rest of the day. Remember, not a word about what I said about me and Betty leaves this room. Good bye and have a nice day!"

I arose from my chair and left his office before my former father in-law had a chance to recover from the shock that had hit him after hearing my terms. I fully expected to be out of a job by 5 P.M. that day. I did have other offers, but my being at work on Monday in one of them was a bluff. I knew it would take a couple of weeks to get situated in a new job and Mr. Slaton probably knew that too.

I went back to my office and began tying up as many loose ends as I could before security came to escort me from the building. I ate lunch at my desk then wondered down to the shop floor to talk to some of the people I'd gotten close to down there over the years. I was surprised to hear my name being announced over the PA system and being directed to Mr. Slaton's office. I walked right in when I found Mrs. Slaughter missing from her post. I saw why when I noticed her sitting in the same chair she'd been sitting in when I'd left. I sat back down in the chair in front of the big man's desk and braced myself for the bad news.