Shattered Dreams Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers

The time passed quickly as Marina looked for the fancy decorated stationary paper she favoured while Janey quickly found a magazine she wanted. They went to a popular coffee shop that served good cappuccino coffee and they both had a cup before heading to the local hospital and the clinic that was run in one of the suites.

Janey was nervous as she and her mother sat in the waiting room. She kept twisting her hands together and glancing towards the office door nervously.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Marina asked quietly.

Janey shook her head hurriedly and looked towards her mother worriedly. If the doctor was going to ask more questions about what had happened to her she didn't want her mother hearing anything she said.

"I'll be alright." Janey forced the words from her dry throat.

The wait seemed to take for eternity but was actually only a few minutes before Dr Michaels opened the door and looked around the waiting room. She spotted Janey and smiled at her as she beckoned her towards the door. "You're next Janey. Please come in and take a seat. Would you like your mother to come in as well?"

"I'll be fine," Janey rushed to say with an uneasy glance towards her mother before walking past the doctor.

Dr Michaels shut the door behind Janey and walked towards where some scales stood near one of the walls. "How about you hop onto these so we can see if you have put on any of the weight you lost," She coaxed in a gentle tone.

Janey hesitated for a few moments then walked over and stepped onto the scales. She watched as the needle moved around the dial and finally bounced between several markings before settling on one.

"Okay. You can sit down now." Dr Michaels said with a smile before taking her seat behind the desk. She looked at the computer screen and tapped several keys before typing briefly.

"That's good. You have gained a kilo and I must say your colour is looking much better. Now let me set your mind at rest. The tests for STD's, Hepatitis and HIV have come back negative. It usually takes longer for results but I had the results rushed through. Your blood work results need some monitoring; you're low in iron and your electrolytes showed that you were close to becoming dehydrated. Now I removed that contraceptive implant, can you remember when it was implanted?" Dr Michaels asked.

"Yes." Janey said softly.

"Can you tell me? Was it before or after the men started forcing you to have sex with them?" Dr Michaels asked gently.

Janey looked down at her hands as she twisted them with anxiety. She gave slight shrug without saying anything.

"Janey? Is it you can't remember or you don't want to remember?" Dr Michaels asked in a kind voice.

"I don't want to think about what happened!" Janey protested as she looked away from both the doctor and her own hands.

"Janey, I really need you to answer the question," The doctor coaxed.

"The sex came first," Janey finally admitted in a faint voice.

"That's what I thought," Dr Michaels said as she quickly typed something into the computer again.

Janey glanced at the doctor before looking around the room at the diplomas displayed on the wall.

"Janey, I want you to listen to me okay? The device that was implanted is highly successful at preventing pregnancy; it works by stopping the release of the egg. The device can't work when it is implanted after ovulation, unfortunately. I believe this is what happened in your case. You got pregnant before the device was implanted. Your hormone levels are all over the place but it looks like you still are pregnant," Dr Michaels said gently.

Janey turned shocked eyes towards the doctor and moved her head from side to side slowly. "I can't be!"

"I want you to have an ultra sound and another blood test to check your hormone levels. We need to find out if the implant compromised the pregnancy. When we find out how things stand then we can discuss your options," The doctor said sympathetically.

Janey looked away from Dr Michaels as what she was saying tried to sink in. Janey was having trouble grasping the concept of what had been said.

"Would you like me to explain what has happened to your mother?"

"You can't! You can't!" Janey rushed to say.

"It's okay. I won't say anything if that is what you prefer. Now about the ultra sound and blood test. An emergency appointment was made for you for in... " The doctor looked at her watch before resuming speaking. "...Just over an hour. My receptionist has the instructions for the ultra sound for you."

Janey sat there too stunned to speak as what she had been told started to sink in. She listened vaguely as Dr Michaels explained that she could go away for nearly an hour; maybe have something to eat before returning and going to the blood and x-ray departments. She found herself ushered to the door and out into the waiting room as Dr Michaels admonished her to remember to continue drinking plenty of fluids and to eat healthy so that she would continue to regain a healthy weight. Janey found herself in front of the reception desk beside her mother as the receptionist handed over two forms and a piece of paper with instructions.

"Remember to go to your appointment in an hour and get the blood taken so the doctor can keep an eye on your health." The receptionist told her with a smile.

Janey knodded her agreement and walked from the doctor's suite with her mother by her side.

"How about we have an early lunch since you have to get the blood test? Or do you have to not eat before hand?" Marina asked.

Janey turned her attention to the leaflet of instructions and read it quickly. There was nothing that said not to eat but it was advised to only eat lightly before the test. But it did state she had to go to the toilet, empty her bladder and then not go again until after the test.

"I can eat. But I really need to use a toilet." Janey said with a grimace.

"We can eat in the courtyard café here and there are amenities nearby." Marina said as she began to lead the way through the hallways.

* * * * *

Janey lay on her bed looking at the ceiling above her. The day so far had been very exhausting and it was only 4pm. She rolled onto her side and looked at the white paper bag on her bedside drawers that contained the iron tablets Dr Michaels had prescribed for her. Janey closed her eyes tightly as she tried not to think about the news Dr Michaels had given her. She didn't want to think about the life that had been forced into her body against her will. She heard footsteps approach her door and stop, then someone knocked on the door.

"Janey, I'm heading to the beach for half and hour. Want to come?" James called through the door.

Janey sat up; surely at the beach she would be able to get her mind away from the frightening fact that the pregnancy had been confirmed by the ultra sound.

"Give me a minute to change!" Janey called as she opened a drawer and pulled a pair of shorts out.

Five minutes later Janey was in her brother's car as they headed towards the strip of beach that was not far up the road. When they arrived there were no other people on the beach and the two of them walked down to the waters edge easily.

James pulled his shirt off over his head and dropped it onto the dry sand along with his towel and sandals. He turned his head to look at Janey as he asked "You coming in too?"

"I'll just wade along the beach." Janey said and headed towards the water line. She walked knee deep into the water and watched her brother as he went out deeper and finally dove beneath the white cap of a wave. She saw his head come to the surface on the far side before he began swimming strongly.

After a few moments of watching her brother swimming she began to walk along the waterline splashing in the frothy water as the waves receded. The events of the past weeks faded to the back of her mind as she jumped the incoming waves and played in the water as she always had. The knowledge of her pregnancy had the feeling of not being real, it was still too new to absorb mentally and subconsciously she had pushed it to the back of her mind where she did not have to deal with it for now.

She paused in her play for a few moments as she looked to where her brother was now making his way out of the surf. With a start Janey realised that it would take time but she would be able to pick up the strands of her life and put them back together again. She had had her innocence stolen and her life disrupted in a most cruel way. Her life would never return to how it was but she knew that she would be able to gradually move forward from here.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers
12