Shattered Dreams Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers

"You have pretty eyes. Anyone ever tell you that?" Adam asked.

"Been told something along those lines." Janey admitted faintly.

Adam laughed softly and without thinking reached out to grasp her ankle and squeeze it gently.

Janey gave a startled gasp and jerked her leg away as she rolled to face the threat.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you!" Adam rushed to apologise.

"Just let me know when you're going to grab me next time!" Janey said as she rolled back onto her stomach and repositioned the pillow to help keep most of her weight off of her stomach. She squirmed uncomfortably as she realised that the sensitivity in her breasts was only partly to do with the pregnancy and a lot to do with the fact that she was in the same room as Adam whom she was attracted to. She squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to understand how she could be sexually attracted to some guy after what she had gone through.

Adam watched as she settled herself once again. When he realised what he had done in touching her he expected her to be upset with him. He wondered if by her remark she was just as interested in him as he was in her.

"So does that mean that I can grab you again?" Adam asked after a few moments.

Janey glanced his way startled at his direct question and blushed as she met his gaze, then she looked back at the TV program hurriedly. She took another bite of her pizza and ate it before answering.

"Don't take it the wrong way but don't just grab me like that. Speak to me before you touch me." Janey said with a quick nervous glance.

"And preferably don't touch you?" Adam asked very softly.

Janey didn't answer his question and after several minutes during which she finished her pizza and drank the chocolate milk she rolled onto her side to look over at him.

How could she broche the subject of her interest in him? That she found she liked him mentally and quite likely sexually as well? How would she explain to him that one thing she had discovered surprisingly was that she missed sex. And she often woke through the night after some dream she couldn't remember and found that her body was aroused and took a long time to calm down. Several times she had resorted to masturbation so she could get back to sleep quickly.

Adam glanced at her then pointed at the box containing another slice of pizza. "You can have that if you're still hungry." He said.

"I'm full thanks." Janey said as she watched him.

"Okay then, how about I see what movies I got." Adam said as he got to his feet and moved around to the end of the bed and squatted beside the TV cabinet to look through his DVD collection for a movie that might interest Janey.

"What do you think of martial arts films?" Adam asked as he glanced towards Janey.

"Who are the actors?" She asked with interest. Ren had loved action films with Van Damme and Chuck Norris in them, and he had often watched a movie with one or the other of the actors in them. Janey had quite enjoyed the movies as well.

"What about Blade or the Longest Yard?" Adam asked "Or there is The Matrix," he said as he looked at her where she was hanging over the edge of the bed trying to see the cases he had put aside. He put a hand over them as he put them in the cabinet. He shut the door on them and handed the three cases he had picked out to Janey.

"What are those other dvd's?" Janey asked curiously as she took the offered cases.

"Movies I don't think you would like," Adam said as he tapped the cases she held. "Like any of them?"

Janey handed him the case containing The Matrix and watched as he put the disc into the player.

"Hand me your plate and I'll take it out to the kitchen." Adam said as he collected the pizza box, his plate and his empty beer can.

Janey passed him her empty plate and the empty flavoured milk bottle then watched him walk from the room. She moved to the head of the bed and sat with her back against the headboard leaving one side empty for Adam to sit when he came back into the room. She heard him moving around for a few minutes before he returned to the room.

"Getting uncomfortable were you?" Adam asked when he noticed that Janey was sitting up with her back against the headboard.

"I just thought you might want to make yourself comfortable and it would be quite rude of me to have my feet up near your head." Janey said faintly.

"Oh gee! And here I was hoping that maybe you wanted me to sit up with you." Adam said lightly.

Janey darted a quick look at his face then looked away when she found he was watching her. She felt her face start to burn with embarrassment as she realised he suspected she was interested in him. It was so difficult actually wanting a man to pay that sort of attention to her especially after what she had gone through with Hawk.

"Yeah, well maybe that too." Janey muttered under her breath.

"Well I wouldn't want to disappoint the lady now would I?" Adam said softly, soothingly as he moved to the side of the bed and sat down on the bed.

Janey turned her head to watch him as he sat on the bed and slowly swung his legs up onto the bed and moved to rest against the headboard. She glanced up to meet his eyes only to find him watching her steadily.

"It's okay. If something is going to develop between us I am happy to go at your pace." Adam said, his voice rich with understanding.

Janey turned back towards the start of the movie shakily. He would understand how hard it was for her she realised. After all he dealt with the victims of sexual abuse and rape in his work nearly all the time as he was in the sex crimes department.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,327 Followers
12