She Wolf Ch. 03

Story Info
Life goes on.
7k words
4.68
33.2k
32

Part 3 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 03/17/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers

Chapter 3. Thank you for reading. I hope you're enjoying this tale. Please vote and comment. I present chapter 3.

Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb but how well you bounce. ~Vivian Komori

*

Instantly on alert, Nina shifted. Although her wolf wanted to claim her mate, there was no way of knowing if this person was dangerous or not. She prowled outside of her cabin and looked around. He saw her leave the cabin and she amazed him. He'd watched over her for twenty years. He knew who and what she was the first time she entered the Loess compound. As he pondered, he marveled at her in wolf form. She was a beautiful russet golden wolf. Soon after searching the perimeter of her cabin, she walked back inside.

Nina searched around the cabin. She saw no one, but she knew he was out there. Deciding there was nothing she could do about him tonight, she'd make sure she locked herself in just in case he proved to be menacing. She secured her doors and windows. He could no longer inhale her scent, so he waited until she fell asleep, walked to her bedroom window, looked inside and watched her while she slept.

Thaddeus stood outside the window of the retreat and watched Nina sleep. In all of the years he walked this earth, he'd never seen a more beautiful female. He'd long given up on finding his mate, but fate intervened and twenty years ago, she came into town. At first, she seemed human, and had no scent and then one day, he watched as she entered the compound and ask to see the Alpha. He knew she was a she-wolf and that she was his mate. Her ability to hide her scent fascinated him . He also loved the fact that she never caused problems and stayed to herself. Her children were polite, well mannered, and with the help of her oldest daughter, watched closely. Even as they grew older, they never got involved in any actions that drew attention to their Mom.

He attended the graduation. Actually, he attended all three of the kids' graduations, and shed tears of pride as they received their diplomas. This one was special. The youngest girl finished, and he knew that Nina would leave for good. He had to claim her now or lose her forever. Then the vampire came, and greeted her as an old friend would. Finally, it made sense, her and the children's strange abilities. How they could mask their natural scent. The vampire must have told them. If she could hide her scent, then what kept her from slipping away one night as he slept. Nothing, so he knew, he had to claim her before he lost her.

Nina was having a fitful sleep. She felt as if she was being watched. She had been awake for a while and using her natural vision as a wolf, she saw the shadow of her stalker outside of the bedroom window. Her wolf preened, finally she didn't have to be alone anymore. Her mate had come for her. Rising in bed, she pinned him and he could not move. Using her mental voice, one only heard by her pups. Don't move. Why are you here?

Thaddeus was frozen, not from fear, but in awe. His mate spoke to him with her mental voice. They hadn't mated. This was not possible. Stunned, he wondered, How? How can you talk to me like this? No answer because she was too far away to hear the query.

Nina simply stood from the bed and walked into the forest to find the intruder. She knew he was; had known all along. As she approached him, he asked again, "How did you speak to me? We aren't pack members, nor have we mated.

"I don't have to answer that and I won't. I ask again. Why are you here?" Nina demanded. But she knew the answer already. He was her mate and the pull was strong.

Thaddeus looked in her gorgeous brown eyes, "You know why, Nina. Don't play with me girl." he smiled. She was even more magnificent up close. His heart hammered in his chest. He forgot to breathe, then she looked at him. Something, a flash of pain, flashed through her eyes and she shut down. He reached for her, but she pulled away.

"I know why you are here, but no. I don't want a mate. I lost my mate. Please leave me in peace." She pleaded. Then she turned to walk away.

Hearing the words she said crushed Thaddeus. He knew a little of her history, yet he wanted to know it all. So he followed her. Nina turned and stared at him. "Thaddeus, I don't want to hurt you. I want you to go. Please, leave me in peace." Nina demanded.

Thaddeus looked at the woman before him and realized that if he walked away, he'd lose her forever. He had to stand and fight for her, convince her that she was worth everything and more. He had to make her understand. He could not leave her now, because for twenty years he'd waited. Now it was time. She was his.

"Nina, you're mine. You're it for me. For twenty-two years, I've waited for you. When we met, you pushed me away, and I understood why. I've tried to earn your trust and favor. I've made myself known to you in every way I can, don't ask this of me. Don't ask me to walk away this time. I cannot. If you need time, then you can have it. But don't ask me to leave for good or to go away. It's taken me this long to approach you, so I don't mind waiting. So baby, I'll back off, but I'm not giving you up." Thaddeus explained.

Nina was stunned speechless. She didn't want to hurt this man, but she didn't want another mate. When Benson died, she lost a part of her soul. She would have found a way to end her life if her pups didn't need her. But they did and she fought and they survived. She didn't deserve a new mate, because the Alpha and the others were right, she caused Benson's death. She turned from him but not before the pain flashed in her eyes, a pain so strong that Thaddeus had to hold her. Gathering her in his arms, he held her close, past her struggles and resistance. He held her in the cool forest that night as she cried for the man she had loved so long ago. Only when her struggles ceased, did he lift her and carry her inside the cabin.

Holding her, he pulled her body against his and kissed her temple. He showed her his love. She was his and she was not alone anymore. He wasn't leaving and she was not going to push him away.

"Thaddeus, you don't know what I've done. I don't deserve..." sobbing she continued. "He died because of me. My children lost their father because of me." Thaddeus held her tighter. He had heard the stories, but after observing her and seeing how compassionate she was, he dismissed the rumors. She had to tell him what happened all those years ago. She needed to release this burden.

"Nina, please tell me, talk to me. I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving." He swore.

She began to struggle again, trying to escape the comfort of his embrace, as the memories of the fight returned. She relived watching Isaac attacking her love. Finally, she had to stop him. No one else would move. She ran and rammed Isaac away from Benson. Isaac fell from Benson's body and she ran to him and lay on top of him hoping to save his life. In a rage, Isaac charged and Benson saw him coming for her. Mustering his last strength, Benson leaped in front of her and Isaac hit him. She heard his neck snap and knew he wouldn't survive. If she hadn't angered Isaac, maybe he would have ended his assault and let Benson live, but she had interfered, and her impulsiveness caused her the love of her life.

"I'm sorry, Benson. I'm sorry," she cried as Thaddeus held her. He felt the intensity of her pain as she cried for another. Holding her shivering, pain-stricken body, caressed her body, and kissed her, soothing her as only a wolf could. He wished he could take the memories away, but she hadn't told him anything. Nina cried for hours until she fell asleep. Thaddeus held her close the entire night, falling asleep with her in his arms.

The next morning, he was called by Javon to report in. Never one to disobey a command, he sent back a request for permission to stay with his mate.

Javon, surprised to learn that he'd found his mate, granted a temporary reprieve. Thaddeus awoke before Nina and prepared a quick breakfast for them. Nina awoke to the smell of coffee, eggs, and bacon. She rose and saw Thaddeus in the small kitchen. She took a moment and admired him. He was a good-looking male. Tall and muscular, he'd make some woman a great mate, just not her. Her wolf whined. She subdued her once more but she resisted. No, Nina. We have been alone for too many years. I miss Benson too, but he would want us to be happy. He would want us to find love. Look at him, He is perfect, please don't deny him. Don't deny us.

"Ah. You're awake." Thaddeus greeted her, completely unaware of her inner conflict as he brought her a nicely prepared breakfast tray.

"I don't get it Thaddeus. I have ignored you for twenty-two years. I never speak to you. I would not accept anything from you unless we had a dire need. I've even told you to find another woman. Yet, you refuse to move on." Nina observed. "Are you just into pain or rejection?"

Thaddeus was awed by her honesty and frankness. For one hundred and thirty-four years, he'd waited for her and if she didn't want him. If she denied him, his heart hurt, for fear of her not accepting him. He paused; his next words had to be carefully constructed. To strong and he might cause her to reject him for good , and too soft, she might see him as a weakling.

"I've been alone many years Nina. I never thought I'd find my mate. Then one day I saw you and I realized I wasn't alone anymore." He smiled. "I approached you the first day you came into town, but you didn't notice me. I had no idea who you were and yet you fascinated me."

Lost in the memory of when he first saw her, he smiled even more. "I was at the compound the first day you and your kids were presented to the Alphas. I recognized you as my mate then, but I knew you needed time to adjust."

Nina frowned, but then she could not be angry. He had come to her and she asked to be left alone. He respected her wishes and let her be. Over the years he had popped up every now and again, but was never intrusive.

"Thaddeus, I interfered in a challenge." Nina started to tell him, but then she froze because she never told anyone what happened that day,

Thaddeus sat on the bed beside her, "It's okay. I know you, Nina. If you stopped the fight, you had a reason. You don't have to tell me today, but I'll listen when you are ready. You're my mate and I will never leave you for any reason. Tell me when you are ready." Leaning into her, he inhaled her scent. For the first time since losing Benson, Nina felt safe.

Thaddeus held her close as she cried softly in his arms. Soon she embraced him back. They lay on the bed, him holding her for hours. Breathing heavily, Nina debated on whether she could tell him. Yes, she knew he was her mate. She had known for years, what Thaddeus was, but chose to not act on it. If she refused him, he might go on and chose a companion, or he could go rogue. She feared the latter. She knew that he waited patiently before approaching her. He gave her time. Not one time in the past twenty years had this man pressured her, but she didn't deserve a new mate. Benson's death was truly her fault.

"Nina, tell me. Did you think your mate couldn't protect you and the kids? Did you doubt him as a provider?" Thaddeus asked snapping her from her thoughts.

She shoved away from him. "Benson was the most loving, most protective wolf. He would do anything to keep us safe. Even die...." She stopped, remembering that Benson died protecting her. But if she hadn't interfered he wouldn't have had to protect her.

Thaddeus held her. "He loved you Nina. Don't keep punishing yourself for something that happened so long ago. I wish you trusted me enough to let me share your burden and one day you will, but just know. I love you and need you in my life. I will do and be anything you need me to in order to earn your trust. You are my life, Nina."

Tell him. Please, he's our mate. He will care for us. Tell him. her wolf demanded.

"Thaddeus, I interfered in a fight that caused my mate his life. Because of my actions, we were banished from the pack and had to go that night. I lost my mate and home in one night. I had to protect my kids. We traveled for months until we found a pack that allowed us to stay at their compound. I worked for months and the men used me. At first I fought, then I realized if I just did what they wanted they'd finish and go. There was no limit to the level of depravity they sank to, but my kids had a place to stay and food. So I did what I had to do." She stopped and looked at him. She expected to see disgust, but she saw anger. He was furious, not at her but at the people who hurt her.

"One day, I saw them watching Celia. She was a child, but we weren't under pack protection, Ralph grabbed her. He was killed but, ... Joe killed him. He was the first one that used me and he told me we'd be mated. I couldn't stay there and be mated to that man. I didn't trust them anymore. I started to go to Madam Alpha, but they made it clear that we weren't members of that pack, and she'd expect me to take my place as the Beta mate. So I decided to take my kids and run.

The night after he killed Ralph the pack had a run, we could not go because we weren't pack members. There were others with us, but they knew I was running with my kids and they knew why. The ones there gave me all the money they had to help me and I bribed the gate keeper. He looked the other way as my pups and I crawled beneath the gate and ran. We made it to the road and hitched a ride to town. I hid in an alley for the first few days. We managed to smuggle dried fruits from the compound and ate on that for a few days. Finally I needed money, so I tried to find work, any kind." Nina stopped. She pulled away from Thaddeus.

He stood growling, pacing , wanting to kill someone. "Who, who hurt you? I want his name." he demanded. The thought of these men and wolves forcing her was enough to make him snap. He wanted to exact revenge against the pack that banned her, the pack that allowed men to hurt defenseless women and children, and now some despicable human. Heaving Thaddeus grabbed a chair and flung it across the room into the wall smashing it. Nina yelped,. She didn't want to continue. Realizing he was terrorizing her, Thaddeus apologized and went to comfort her; she backed away, and he shifted and lay down, showing he submitted to her. He wanted her to know she didn't need to fear him. He waited for her to come to him.

It was then he realized that is mate had gone through so much, earning her trust would not be easy. But she did trust him to a degree, because she told him of her past.

"Nina, forgive me. It angers me the thought of someone hurting you or our children. I will not let anyone hurt you or them again. I promise. Please, can you tell me the rest?" He implored.

Nina nodded because despite everything she trusted Thaddeus. She knew him. He'd watched over her and her pups for the last twenty years. Not openly, but covertly. He made sure they had all their needs met. When times were hard, he'd bring fresh kills to her, under the guise of being neighborly. He even made sure to spend time with BJ during his formative years. Although Nina explained to him it was not necessary. He always said, "It's my pleasure. I've always wanted a son." Then he'd smile that crooked little smile and be on his way.

Nina inhaled, "There isn't much more. After the man at the shop, I saw four men attacking a girl and went to help her. That was when I met Nicolette and we became friends. She saved my life and we lived with her for a while, before I decided to find our own place and we moved here." She stopped and looked at him.

Nina waited; she knew once he learned of her past he might not want her after all. But her story made Thaddeus want her more.

"Nina, you are truly an amazing she wolf. You have survived so much. I am honored to be your mate. I know you are not ready to fully mate with me, but get to know me. Spend time with me and then you can decide if you will mate with me." Thaddeus suggested.

Nina's heart was racing, but she was happy for the first time in years. He didn't reject her. Even after she told him of her past, he still wanted to be with her. So Nina relaxed, and for the first time in a long time, she was content. Thaddeus stayed at the cabin with her for the next few days and they talked. She learned that he was a Beta in the pack. His brother, The Alpha, wanted to elevate him to a higher position, but he liked simply being a protector. Nina was fascinated by him.

They decided not to rush, so over the next few months she and Thaddeus got to know each other. He would often invite her to meals at the compound and she'd prepare meals for them in her small home. One night, after they'd been dating for six months, Thaddeus wanted to take her dancing. They had dinner at a local steak house. It was owned by the pack and many members frequented there. They shared everything. Nina got to see Thaddeus's fun side. And he got to see her really smile.

Several months had passed, and it was time for Nina to report back to the Alpha pair and let them know if she was joining the pack. When she entered the compound, Thaddeus was the first to greet her. He accompanied her to her meeting and requested permission to stand in. He prayed she decided to stay, because although they'd gotten close, she never said to him what her intentions were.

"Alpha Javon and Madam Alpha Elise," Nina greeted the Alpha pair. "First I want to thank you for accepting me and my children all those years ago. You saved our lives and I will forever be grateful. You have provided a safe haven for all of us, and I want you to know that I did not make my decision lightly."

Thaddeus' heart slammed in his chest. She could not leave. It didn't matter, if she left, so did he. He would not be without his mate. B.J. stood, also worried; he'd joined this pack last year and loved them. He wanted his mother to simply join so he could protect her. No one would dare hurt her again, if she stayed. However if she chose to leave, he couldn't keep her safe.

Nina looked at her son, and then she looked at her new mate. Then she continued speaking, "You said I could stay if I found a mate. I have. I can't give him up, so yes, I am requesting to become a member of the Loess pack." Cheers erupted, but Nina didn't hear them, because before she finished her last word Thaddeus had her in his arms and kissed her, stealing her breath away.

"Welcome Nina, you are welcomed." Elise said as she moved to embrace their newest member. Javon cheered loudly, happy that his brother found a woman that was so special to cherish. He knew there pack would be stronger because of the new additions. Now, he had to get the girls to come home somehow. He looked over at his son, Malcolm. He believed Kyra was his mate, but it wasn't his job to interfere. Celia was a different story, she was the oldest and had left years earlier. He prayed that she'd come home and find her mate in the pack. His other brother Blaine walked in, and he shook his thoughts off as wishful thinking. But for now they'd celebrate . The pack had a new member.

Thaddeus held her tight, "I'll never let you go. You're mine as I'm yours."

BJ waited for Thaddeus to release his mate before he hugged his Mom and welcomed her to the pack. He wanted to call his sisters and share the news, but his Mom had to call them. He was glad that his Mom had finally come home.

After Nina's meeting with the Alpha pair, the news spread quickly. Everyone was jubilant that Nina had decided to join the pack. Thaddeus had to spend a moment alone with his mate and wanted to show her their home, so he took her to his house. It wasn't as grand as the Alpha house but equally impressive.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,296 Followers
12