Shelter in the Storm

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,412 Followers

************

Morgan stepped out of the shower after making sure all the sand was off her. She climbed into bed, shut off the lamp, and looked out the window. Replaying the events of the night, she tried to understand what went wrong. Then it dawned on her. Maybe Andy felt she was betraying the love she has for Katie? She has not gotten over her love’s death. So she’s not ready for a new relationship. Morgan felt bad, because she knew she was starting to fall for this tall raven hair goddess. She drifted off believing she should back off.

“Morgan? Morgan honey.”

Sea green eyes opened to see a white apparition standing at the edge of her bed. Startled, she quickly sat up.

“Don’t be frightened dear.” The figure softly smiled.

“Who…are you?” Morgan hesitantly asked.

“That question I cannot answer right now. But I do have a request.”

“Of me?” She questioned and pointed to herself.

“Yes, dear. I know how you feel about Andy, and I hope you will pursue a relationship with her.”

“Well, I want to, but…well she’s been through hell, and I don’t want to put anymore pressure….”

“I understand. But hear me. You and Andy are meant to be together. The two of you will complete each other, and you fit perfectly together like the yin yang. Do you understand?”

Morgan slowly nodded with wide eyes.

“You had believed you didn’t have another half, but you do, and Andy makes that fit.” She turned her head a moment, as if someone had called to her. “I must go now.”

Suddenly Morgan extended her hand. “Wait, why can’t I know who you are?”

The figure chuckled. “Next time I will give you the answer. I promise.”

“Okay then.” Morgan relented.

“Sleep well child.” The apparition then faded away.

***********

The grinding of the coffee beans emitted an intoxicating brew to Morgan’s nose. She badly needed some caffeine after the unpleasant night she experienced. She kept waking up every hour on the hour after that strange dream, and didn’t quite understand why. Part of her wished that Andy and her would’ve spoken about the incident, but she knew she couldn’t push the tall woman into it if she wasn’t ready.

The shelter was rather quiet today. There weren’t any visitors and no new cases. Maxx and Morgan were out in the yard for doggie recess. While Maxx made sure there was fresh water available and plenty of treats for the tricks that were learned, Morgan knelt in the grass roughhousing with whoever came near her.

Jaime sat at the front desk checking their web site’s email.

The front door opened and in stepped a tall figure.

“Can I help you?” Jaime asked before looking up. But when he made eye contact with the club owner, the surprise on his face was evident. He didn’t know how things were left that one night, and so felt a bit hesitant with this stranger here.

“Is Morgan available?”

“I’ll check.” He got up, and as soon as he entered the back room, he called out for Pugsley. The large Rottie came trotting by wagging his tail. “Pugsley, you go out to the front and keep an eye on that woman. We don’t know yet if she’s a friend. Okay?”

The big dog barked and went straight to the front desk area.

Andy sat in one of the chairs looking through the adoption brochure when she heard a panting. Looking up there sat a full size black and brown Rottweiler staring at her. She looked around to see no one and then back at him. “Hello.”

He continued to watch her.

“Are you friendly? Do you know any tricks?”

Suddenly he laid his head on her lap.

“I don’t have any biscuits.” She commented to him as if she could carry on a one way conversation with him and have him understand.

He jumped up right away and quickly trotted behind the counter. Hearing a shuffling sound, she saw him come back with a ziploc bag of treats and handed them to her.

Surprised that he did seem to understand her, she commented, “Well aren’t you sneaky. Or should I say smart?” She opened the bag and held one dog biscuit out. “Okay, let’s see. Um…rollover.”

He quickly complied and then barked once.

“I guess that means you want your well deserved treat. Good boy.” She tossed him the cookie.

“Pugsley, you are not supposed to be fraternizing with everyone you see.” Jaime called out from behind the counter. “You come here and bring back that bag of biscuits.”

The Rottie took the bag and trotted back to where he was called.

Morgan stood there, and blue and green eyes met.

“Hi.” Andy said and got up.

“Hi. What’s up?” Morgan asked.

“Could we talk for a moment? Alone?” She glanced at Jaime.

“Um…sure. We can go in my office.”

Andy followed and closed the door behind her. She gazed at the short woman who perched herself on the side of the desk. The room was small and simple. It had a couple of pictures of dogs and cats on the walls. There was also a plant next to the computer monitor. Finally settling her gaze on Morgan again, she started to talk. “Yesterday, when I kissed you…I…really wanted to…and…it felt great. I…my…um…sudden change was because I felt weird. Um…it’s been some years since I’ve…uh since Katie died so I thought I was betraying her --- like cheating on her.” She ran a hand through her hair and sighed. “So, I spent the night thinking and talking out loud and sorting through stuff. I thought, if…you would give me a second chance…”

“Come ‘ere.” Morgan said gently.

Andy walked the few steps and stood directly in front of the young woman.

A small hand reached up to stroke the chiseled features of a high cheekbone. “It’s okay. I can’t seem to stay mad at you anyway. I know there’s so much more to you than what you allow yourself to display. When you’re ready to start letting go, I’ll be here and look forward to seeing what’s inside.”

A single tear rolled down Andy’s cheek. She leaned forward and brushed the lips before hers. The kiss deepened when tongues joined the dance.

Morgan moaned.

When they broke for some much-needed air, Andy smiled. “I have to be at the club tonight, but I thought… if you’re interested in having an early breakfast, I’d like to take you out.”

Morgan’s nose scrunched as she smiled brightly. “Sure. I’ll go to bed early.”

“I’ll pick you up at 5am.”

**********

Andy flew out of the club at closing time. She sprinted up the stairs and into her apartment to take a quick shower. Donning the clean clothes she left out on the bed, she dressed, jumped on her Harley and sped to Morgan’s place.

The doorbell rang.

Morgan opened the door and there stood an over six foot tall handsome butch wearing black jeans, boots, a cobalt blue button shirt and black leather biker jacket. She held a single red rose between long fingers.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning to you.” Morgan responded and took the offered flower. She inhaled the sweet scent. “Thank you. Can I take it with me?”

“Sure.” She took her hand and pulled the woman in for a kiss. “Ready?”

“Yes.”

They had a huge breakfast at the local Denny’s with much fun and laughter. Morgan told humorous stories of the shelter and certain events with the animals and her staff. Andy began to understand that Morgan was the owner of the place, and Morgan found out that Andy was the owner of the club.

Andy filled her in on the adventures she’s had recently filling in as security for her injured friend.

As Morgan listened, she grew to see the big heart this beautiful woman in front of her had.

Out of the blue her cell phone buzzed. “Excuse me,” she directed at Andy. “Hello? What? Oh no. Are you sure? Okay, I’ll be there as fast I can.”

“What’s wrong?” Andy asked with concern.

“Maxx found a battered dog in the alley way on her way to the shelter this morning. I’m sorry. I’ve got to go.”

“I’ll take you, it’ll be faster that way.”

***********

The elevated heartbeat and growling coming from the medical table kept the others a bit hesitant about approaching quickly.

“What do we do? We can’t just leave her like that. Maxx, you’re the one who brought her. You put the muzzle on her!” Jaime yelped.

“Look she wasn’t like this when I found her.”

“Well she sure is moody now.” He responded.

The door flung open and in walked Morgan and Andy.

“Did someone call Dr. Fitzpatrick?” Morgan asked.

“Done. We just wanted to muzzle her to administer the sedative. She won’t let anyone near.” Maxx responded.

Blue and green eyes could hardly take in the sight of this poor animal. Large patches of fur were missing, exposed flesh had been burned, the rear legs were broken, and the face was swollen. Blood continued to seep out from various wounds.

Morgan held her hand over her mouth in aghast. “We’ve got to try something.”

“Let me do it,” the contralto voice said.

Everyone looked at Andy.

“You’re not insured by us. We shouldn’t be risking anything.” Maxx stated.

“If anything happens to me, I promise to not hold the shelter responsible. I’m doing it of my own free will. I have excellent insurance so I’m not worried.” She then looked to Morgan for confirmation.

The young woman nodded her approval.

“Okay, I need all of you to move out of sight from the dog’s vision. Where’s the muzzle?” Andy commanded softly.

“Here.” Jaime tossed it to her.

She approached the table slowly. “Hey girl.” She said very gently.

They could all hear the growling but Andy pressed on. Without showing her hands, she carefully leant over making whimpering noises.

The dog continued the low growl and watched Andy through frightened brown eyes.

Andy’s face came within inches of the dog’s face, and she just exhaled softly without making eye contact. Suddenly the growling died down. Andy exhaled again, but this time carefully opened her mouth over the dog’s snout. Brown and blue eyes connected for a brief moment before the dog exhaled loudly. Blood came out of her nose.

Andy whispered some unknown words into a furry ear and then slowly brought up the muzzle, a distance away, to show her.

The dog began to whimper, almost cry.

Andy whispered in her ear again, and then tossed the muzzle behind her. “Okay, sedate her.”

“What? You just threw the muzzle! You’re supposed to put it on her.” Jaime yelped.

Sapphire eyes pinned him to the wall. “She doesn’t want the muzzle. She’s afraid of it because it was probably used on her when she was being beaten. And your high pitched voice is making her nervous.”

“Well I…”

Jaime didn’t have a chance to finish before he was ushered out the door by Maxx.

Morgan approached the table. “I’ll give her the shot.”

“She won’t bite you. I swear it.” Andy stated.

“I trust you.”

A couple of hours later the two of them emerged from the room with the vet.

“Thank you Dr. Fitzpatrick. I appreciate you coming out so quickly.”

“No problem Morgan. And I thank the two of you for your assistance in there.” He adjusted his wire-rimmed glasses. “I believe as long as she’s got and appetite and a reason for living then she’ll be fine. It’ll take a couple of weeks for her legs to heal. I’ll send you a doggie wheelchair tomorrow. The burns were not severe so her hair should start growing back in week. And even though there appeared to be no swelling of the brain, I’d like you to monitor her carefully and bring her to the clinic for a CAT scan no later than the following day.”

“Sure thing, and thanks again.”

*********

Andy leaned against the front counter perusing a Dog Fancy magazine.

“Hey,” Morgan softly called out as she stepped around the counter. “Thank you so much for your help earlier. I appreciate all you’ve done. That thing you did in there with the dog was incredible.”

The tall woman smiled with some embarrassment showing on her cheeks. “Sure thing. I’ve always had an understanding with animals, so I try to do the best I can with it.”

“Well, it was definitely amazing.”

“Um…would you like to go to dinner?” Andy asked.

“I can’t. I need to stay at the shelter tonight for the sake of our new arrival.”

“Well, then…would you…mind if I stuck around tonight? I’d like to check on the new girl…and I can be good company.”

“Okay.” Morgan responded with a huge grin.

“I’ll go get us some food then. I’ll see you later.”

**********

Morgan rummaged through her spare overnight bag that she always kept in the locker. Finding a pair of sweatpants, she thought about the Shepherd and how Andy was able to communicate to her. She changed out of her jeans, and went to check on the cats in their playroom. Picking up a dark gray and white short hair kitten, she stroked him into a purr.

The shelter’s doorbell buzzed. “Oh, that must be Andy. I’ll see you little guys later.” Morgan announced to the kitties, and then went to the front. She first looked through the window and then opened the door. “Hi.”

“Hey.” Andy stepped in with two hot pies and a six-pack of pop. “I hope pizza is alright with you.”

“Mmm, definitely. Let’s eat in the yard, while the dogs have their final play time of the day.”

They headed out back with eight dogs following. The four-legged friends took off chasing each other while the two women settled down on the deck area with dinner.

At about midnight, Andy heard a whimpering sound. She rose from the cot and followed the noise into the recovery room. Approaching the crate that housed the injured Shepherd, she started talking to her. “Hey, girl. What’s wrong? Are you in pain?” She opened the crate and gently hoisted the dog out. Down the hall, she carried her to the carpeted recreation room and laid her down. Looking around for some water, she filled a small bowl, then dipping her cupped hand into it, she brought it to the Shepherd’s mouth.

The dog slowly lapped at the water until it was gone, and then she showered Andy’s face with kisses.

“I’m going to lay here with you, okay? That way this new place won’t seem so scary.” She stretched out behind the dog and draped an arm over the furry mid section. Not realizing how tired she had been, she fell asleep instantly. At some point later when she rolled over, she encountered something burrowing in the crook of her neck. She thought at first it may have been the dog but when she opened blue eyes, she saw the blonde crown of the small woman. Wrapping long arms around her, she drifted off again but with a smile on her face this time.

The early morning woke Andy in a terribly stiff state. She looked around and saw that she was alone.

“Morning,” Morgan called from the doorway.

“Hey. At least one of us had no problem getting up.” She tried to roll over and winced in pain.

“Oh no, are you stiff from the floor?” Morgan asked.

“Yeah, I think so. But I’m sure in a few minutes I’ll be okay.”

“Let me help.” She knelt next to Andy and rolled her onto her stomach. Straddling the woman’s buttocks, she began a slow firm massage.

Andy’s eyes rolled back into her head at the exquisite feeling. She tried to concentrate on not making any noise.

“I woke up last night and found you in here with the dog. It seemed she was ready for a change of scenery, so I let Maxx take her since he came in real early.”

“Mm, I figured something like that happened. I awoke to find you perched on my shoulder, and at first I thought it was the dog.” Andy commented with a chuckle.

A scarlet hue crept up Morgan’s cheeks for being caught in such a position. “How does this feel?” Morgan innocently asked.

Blue eyes rolled again. “Soooo g-o-o-d.” Andy chastised herself for how it sounded but she couldn’t help that this massage was turning her on.

Morgan closed her eyes a moment at realizing what this was starting to do to her libido.God, Andy, I want to fuck you so bad. Her hips involuntarily bore down on Andy’s ass, and the friction was delicious.

Another moan spilled forth from the bar owner’s mouth. “Gods be damned, I want you.”

Morgan stopped all motion and stared in surprise.

“Did…I say that out…loud?” Andy asked.

“Yes.” Morgan moved over and sat next to her.

Andy sat up. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. Were…you serious? Because I feel the same.”

Andy just nodded.

“Then as soon as Maxx and Kris get here, let’s go to my place.” Morgan commented with a naughty smirk.

***********

The women sat on the king size bed, having freshly showered, facing one another. Their knees touched as they sat Indian style. They both wore a long buttoned shirt and nothing else.

“Are you okay? We don’t need to rush anything if you’re not ready.” The small blonde softly said.

Andy shook her head. “I haven’t slept with anyone since…Katie.”

“It’s okay. What do you want to do?” She asked as she gazed into ocean blue eyes.

“Touch you…just feel…your skin beneath my hands.” Andy felt like a teenage virgin…excited and scared all at once.

Morgan took the large hands and placed them on her naked thighs. Very gently the hands stroked her flesh, and then moved up and began unbuttoning the shirt. As the material fell from her shoulders exposing her full nakedness, wide azure eyes stared in surprise.

“You have nipple rings and a bellybutton ring.” It was not a question, and the young blonde nodded with an impish smirk playing at the corners of her mouth.

“Do you…have any piercings?”

Andy smiled sheepishly. “I only have one --- my left nipple has a barbell. But I do have a few tattoos.”

“May I see?”

The dark woman nodded and removed her shirt. She had a tattoo on each arm, one was a labrys and the other was a Celtic knot around her upper arm. On her stomach, around her bellybutton, was the zodiac in all of its colorful detail.

“They’re beautiful.”

“Thanks. Yours are beautiful too. In fact, I find them very…sexy.” Blue eyes locked onto green as large hands lay upon smaller ones, then slowly and softly slid up her arms. At the shoulders, she paused before hesitantly moving, with Morgan’s encouragement, across her upper chest. Long fingers felt along the clavicle, then down the sternum. Ever so gently she spread her fingers and covered the full breasts in her palms. The sensations on her hands felt ticklish and exciting at the same time.

Morgan arched her back slightly as she felt Andy’s gentle caresses to her breasts. She closed her eyes to revel in the passionate feelings. Her breasts were quickly reacting with the hardening of the nipples, and she shivered at the sensation. A wetness was beginning to form between her legs.

Hands continued their journey down her stomach and around her waist. Upon reaching the cropped triangle of reddish gold curls, Andy stopped. She leaned forward taking an erect nipple into her mouth. Momentarily avoiding the silver ring through the taut flesh, she grabbed the tip of the nipple between her teeth and flicked it a couple times with the tip of a firm tongue.

“Aahhh.” Morgan exhaled loudly, as Andy’s mouth closed around the ring and gave it a few tugs. With her head back, and face scrunched, the small woman gripped the sheets tightly. She didn’t know how much more she could take of the sweet torture.

Long digits stroked the curls on her nether lips then dipped into her wet slit. Suddenly everything stopped. Morgan thought the worst and looked at the bar owner. But what she saw made her moan.

Andy inhaled deeply the scent of sexual arousal now on her hand before sucking the wetness off of her fingers. A groan that almost sounded like a growl issued forth from her chest. She gently pushed Morgan back onto the mattress. There was no turning back now. Her spirit was at peace, and it assured her that everything was going to be fine. Andy kissed her passionately, then began her trek down the small blonde’s body. She licked her way to Morgan’s pussy and suckled the engorged lips before burying her face into the center.

The shelter owner’s hips rose from the mattress at the onslaught. Her body was on fire, and didn’t want any of it to end.

The hard wet muscle moved up to her clit stroking it firmly as two strong fingers slid inside.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,412 Followers