She's Special Ch. 02

Story Info
Katherine is even more confused the next day.
4.1k words
4.71
28.3k
9

Part 2 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 04/28/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Katherine didn't know what to think. She tried to hide her shock, really, she did. But, she was completely out of her league. How on earth could a man as outrageous and forward as Clint be so good with kids?

It just wasn't fair.

Not only is he sexy as hell with his dark hair and clear blue eyes, but he looked to be in pretty good shape, too. And we can't forget about that kiss. Any man that can kiss a woman like he did, well, it's just not fair.

Too bad I've sworn off men like him, she thought to herself. Been there, done that, got the divorce papers to prove it. A man like Clint would have a string of women that he bounces to and from.

Sean was showing Clint his new trading cards, explaining how to play the game and Clint was actually listening. He was even asking questions and commenting on how 'cool' the characters looked. Jake, Sean's dad, didn't even do that.

Clint looked over at her and raised an eyebrow, asking, "You ok?"

She nodded and told Sean, "Sean, can you get your stuff together while Mr. Davis and I talk about work for a few minutes?"

She could tell by the look on Sean's face that he wasn't happy with that idea. Clint picked up on it, too. Clint cupped Sean's arm, "Maybe the next time I see you, we can play the game. How does that sound?"

Sean's face lit up like a Christmas tree. When Clint looked her way, she mouthed the words, "THANK YOU."

The look he gave back almost took her breath. His eyes seemed to be able to touch her, because every part of her body tingled in response, which, evidently, he knew. He grinned widely and winked at her.

That wink helped to reaffirm her decision to avoid men like Clinton Davis. Mentally, she told herself, he doesn't affect me.

Too bad her body wasn't on the same page as her mind.

Quickly, she made her way to her desk. Once she was seated behind the safety of said desk, she asked, "Will you be ready to start work in the morning?"

He nodded saying, "If you have the plans for the renovation, I can go over them this evening."

"I have an extra set for you. Tomorrow the guys we hired for your crew will be here as well. If you'd rather hire your own men, that's up to you. Most of them seem ok, though."

"Do you have information on the men and what their strong points are on the job? That way I'll have an idea of who I have to work with."

Katherine smiled and handed him the plans, file on his crew, and also her preliminary estimate for the job. She pointed out, "This estimate is what I thought we'd need, but I'm sure you'll have more to add."

Clint smiled, "You're good at this. Most people wouldn't have had that much put together already."

Shrugging her shoulders, "I like my job and it helps to have the info available."

Sitting down he asked, "From what I understood, if this job goes well, I'll be taking over in place of your uncle. Correct?"

"Yes, he's had to retire because of health reasons."

He asked, "So, you're the office manager?"

Katherine laughed, "Yes and the interior decorator."

"Ok."

Katherine tidied up her desk, "If you have any questions, just let me know."

He watched her for a moment and asked, "Do you have a business card?"

She handed it to him, "See you in the morning, Mr. Davis."

Clint smiled, "I can't wait."

* * * * * *

Katherine was headed into the office the following morning, talking to herself, "I will not let Clint get to me. He is, and will remain, a business associate."

Thankfully, no one else was around the office, yet, or they would have thought she was insane. She rolled her eyes, "Damn. I definitely need coffee."

Once she had the coffee made, she sat in the blissful silence inhaling the aroma. She took a sip, savoring the taste. That first sip was her little form of ambrosia.

"I never thought that drinking coffee could be erotic, until this moment."

Katherine's eyes popped open. Clint's husky voice sent little jolts of awareness through her. More than the caffeine in her precious coffee ever could.

She eyed him almost wearily as he leaned against her office door. Today he was wearing a pair of jeans that hugged his body lovingly and a t-shirt that fit his shoulders and biceps like a glove.

Why him? Why now? She couldn't help but wonder.

Finally, she mumbled, "Good morning."

He nodded, "The guys are pulling in the parking lot now. Do you want to go over the plans for the job before I meet with them?"

Before she could say yes or no, three members of the crew walked in the office. All three greeted her with, "Hey, Katie!"

She smiled, "Morning guys." Nodding towards Clint, "Guys, this is Clinton Davis. He's the new contractor you'll be working with."

All three men walked to Clint and shook his hand, introducing themselves. The last guy, Darrell, turned to Katherine, "Is Sean ready for his game tonight?"

Katherine laughed, "Oh yeah. He can't wait."

Clint asked, "Game?"

Darrel pointed out, "T-Ball. Sean and my son are playing their first game tonight." He looked back at Katherine, "Is Jake going to show?"

Katherine shrugged her shoulders, "I doubt it, but I wish he would for Sean."

"Who's Jake?" Clint asked.

"Katie's ex." Darrell told him, "I hate to run, but I need to make sure of what inventory we have."

Clint nodded, "Thanks. I'll be out to help and maybe you can show me around in a few?"

After Darrell agree and left the office, Clint asked, "Katie, huh?"

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Darrell's called me that since we were kids."

"Why wouldn't Jake show up to Sean's first game?"

She hesitated to answer, "He might, you just never know with Jake."

Clint watched her for a minute, wanting to ask a million questions, but the one that popped out of his mouth even shocked him. "Can I come?"

Katherine looked up in shock, "Why would you want to?"

"Sean is a great kid. Besides, how often does a kid experience his first T-Ball game?"

Katherine was saved from answering when her uncle walked in the office, "Do I smell leaded coffee?"

* * * * * *

Clint watched in amusement as she jumped up, trying to run interference between a big burly guy and the coffee pot. She sternly told the guy, "You know you can't have coffee!"

Must be her uncle, Clint thought to himself as the guy glanced at him, "Can you believe she won't let a man have his caffeine?"

Clint chuckled as Katherine crossed her arms over her chest, "If you want decaf...that MIGHT be ok."

Seeing the grown man towering over Katherine by at least a foot look like a chastised child was an interesting sight to behold. He asked, "I guess this is the big shot replacing me?"

Clint spoke up, "Big shot? I don't know about all that."

"Todd Himes, this is Clinton Davis. Clint, meet my uncle Todd."

Clint shook Todd's hand, "It's nice to meet you, sir."

"Likewise, if you need anything, let me know." He gestured towards Katherine, "Don't let her fool ya'. Our Katie is actually a softie under all that bluster."

Clint laughed and Katherine rolled her eyes, "Don't encourage him, Clint."

* * * * * *

Katherine's phone rang, so she left her uncle and Clint to talk. She assured Mrs. Dawson over the phone that they'd have an estimate to her by tomorrow morning. Mrs. Dawson was chatting away and she could feel Clint watching her. She glanced up at him and he was only a few feet away, but her uncle was no where in sight.

She felt heat bloom across her face. Her heart rate sky rocketed. She licked her suddenly parched lips. It took every bit of will power she had to concentrate on what Mrs. Dawson was saying.

Dear God, I'm screwed if he comes closer. I'll probably beg him to take me right here on this desk. She wanted to give in at that moment.

* * * * * *

Clint wanted to kiss her again. He wanted to feel those lush lips against his again to convince himself that the chemistry from last night was all in his head. He knew it was still there, but that was as good of an excuse as any. There was just something about Katherine that made him want more.

In her eyes he could see the banked desire she tried to hide from him. He wanted to see those eyes staring up at him while she was in the throws of an orgasm that rocked her world. He wanted to be the one to give it to her. He wanted to hear her cry out his name in the throws of a passion so intense she wouldn't know where she began or he ended.

Watching her pink tongue lick her lips put images in his head that he couldn't ignore. Clint felt his cock lengthen and harden against the fly of his jeans. He could just imagine that pink tongue licking the length of him, then feeling those lush lips wrapping around his cock.

Why in the hell would she want to deny the chemistry between them? For the first time in his life he wanted, no NEEDED, to figure out this woman. From the second he saw her curled up to her son, wild thoughts ran through his head. Yes, there was no denying that he wanted to fuck her, but he also wanted to make love to her for hours...maybe even days.

Clint also wanted to hear her laugh and see her face light up with joy. Clint could even imagine what it would feel like to wake up to her curvy petite body curled into his every morning. WHOA!!!

No. He told himself. His ex-wife had cured him of those insane notions. Even though he wanted to have a couple of kids someday, he was only thirty-four. There was still time for that. He reminded himself, I don't have to be married to anyone for that.

As he looked at Katherine, he had no doubt she was the marrying kind. Did that thought bother him? Hell yes. Was he planning to change her way of thinking? Fucking-A.

Clint heard someone enter the office behind him as Katherine finished her call. He turned around to see a guy in an expensive suit walking towards Katherine's desk. Katherine looked irritated by whoever the guy was when she said, "Why are you here?"

Mr. Suit said, "I need to talk to you, baby."

"About Sean?"

The man chuckled, "No. We need to talk about us."

Clint felt like a third wheel, but refused to leave. Glancing at Katherine, he asked, "Is there a problem here?"

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Always." Then she told suit guy, "Jake, the only thing we have to talk about is Sean. If you aren't here for that, then you need to leave."

Jake's cell phone rang and Clint laughed as Katherine rolled her eyes again. Leaning on her desk, Clint asked, "I take it that he's Sean's dad?"

To him, it sounded like she mumbled, "Unfortunately." Of course Clint laughed which had Jake scowling at him and ending his call.

Jake told Katherine, "I won't be able to pick Sean up this weekend. I'll be out of town."

"Dammit, Jake, why do you keep doing this? You can't keep ignoring you're son!"

"Need I remind you that you are the one who filed for divorce?"

Their voices kept getting louder and louder, so Clint spoke up, "That's enough!"

Katherine jerked at Clint raising his voice, "You're right, Clint. This isn't the time or place to have this conversation."

Jake's voice was hateful, "You know what? File the forms with your lawyer. I don't want anything to do with Sean. If you and he aren't a package deal, then I'm done."

"Jake, you know we aren't a package deal." Katherine sighed, "You are right, though. I'll go to my lawyer's office today. I have never pressed for any type of child support, but if you don't sign away your rights...I will."

Jake stormed out of the office, slamming doors as he went. Clint looked at Katherine and saw how badly her hands were shaking as she picked up the phone. Kneeling down beside her, Clint asked, "What can I do?"

Katherine shook her head, "Nothing. I have to call Sean's school and babysitter."

Clint was lost on how to help, but when her voice began to tremble as she talked to the school he grabbed her hand. When she clutched his hand tight, he realized that if nothing else, he'd be there for her.

He listened while she explained to the school and babysitter that Jake Hardy, Sean's father, was no longer allowed to pick Sean up. The school must have made a comment about him being Sean's father, because she had to explain that she was awarded sole custody when they divorced. She also told them that she would send a copy of the paperwork by fax within twenty minutes.

Clint was still holding her hand when her uncle walked in her office. He asked, "What the hell's going on?"

By that point, Katherine was on the phone with her lawyer. Clint squeezed her hand and motioned for her uncle to follow him. "Jake came in the office giving Katherine hell."

Todd shook his head, "What did he do this time?"

For some reason, Clint was pissed off by the 'this time' comment, "He told her that if she and Sean weren't a package deal then he wanted nothing to do with Sean."

"That dumb son-of-a-bitch!"

Clint asked, "He won't try to take Sean will he?"

Todd hesitated, "Probably, if only to hurt Katie."

Trying to tell his self not to get involved was pointless and Clint knew it. He walked back into Katherine's office and saw how upset she was. Her big brown eyes looked like they were swimming in a pool of tears. Clint closed the door to her office telling Todd, "Give us a minute."

Her voice was filled with pain as she said, "It's my fault that Sean won't have his father."

Clint felt torn apart at her words, "No, honey. It's Jake's fault." She shook her head as Clint wrapped his arms around her, "Sean should come first, but your ex doesn't see it that way."

Feeling her against him needing his comfort was a heady experience. He'd never really felt needed like this before. Clint couldn't remember a time when anyone had felt so right in his arms and the need to protect her shocked him. He held her as she curled into him, sniffling. Stroking her hair, trying to soothe her, "Baby, don't cry."

Slowly she pulled back to look up at him, "You aren't supposed to be this nice. What happened to the obnoxious, arrogant, and outrageous Clint?"

Clint winked at her, "I'm like an onion...peel away my layers, baby." When she half-heartedly chuckled, he gently wiped the tears from her face. "Beside, it looks like you could use a friend this morning."

Katherine suddenly wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face against him. She sighed as his arms tightened around her. For the first time in a long while, she felt safe. Without thinking, she softly kissed his cheek right next to his ear, whispering, "Thank you, Clint."

Clint groaned as he felt her lips give him the sweetest, most chaste kiss he'd ever received. Her husky voice whispering against his ear was like a live wire surging through his veins. Sliding his hand to the nape of her neck, he pulled back to look into her eyes. His gaze slid to her mouth and he all but growled as he watched her teeth sink into her bottom lip.

Even though he knew he shouldn't, he couldn't stop himself. His lips settled over hers. He watched her eyes widen in shock, but felt like he'd won the lottery as she melted into him. Clint tried to keep the kiss gentle, but when he felt her hands sift through his hair he licked the seam of her lips. She opened her moth and Clint was lost in her. I could kiss here forever and it wouldn't be enough.

That thought pulled him from his sensual haze. Abruptly he jerked back, breaking the kiss. Stepping away form what he wanted more than his next breath, he ran his hands through his hair and turned away from her to keep from grabbing her. He took a couple of deep breaths, willing his boner to go away before he looked at her.

She looked shell-shocked. Her face was flushed and her lips slightly puffy. Katherine had her hand covering her lips and he noticed the slight tremble there.

He knew his voice was harsh, "Don't, Katherine. You can't look at me like that and expect me not to take what your eyes are offering."

"Clint..."

Katherine looked almost as irritated as he felt as her uncle barged into her office. Clint clenched his fists and cleared his throat, "I'll be back in a few. I need to go talk to the crew," as he reached the door, "Give me an hour and we'll start on the estimate for Mrs. Dawson."

* * * * * *

Telling herself to ignore it, wasn't working. After working side by side with Clint all day, she was drained. Every time he spoke she had to stifle a groan and tell her hormones to back off. After that kiss, he didn't even hint at a repeat performance. That was the worst part, knowing that he was able to just walk away as if nothing happened between them, when it had shaken her to her very core. The way he had kissed and held her made her feel safe and cherished...and wanted. But, his cold indifference cut like a knife.

She checked the clock on the wall and decided to call it a day. After shutting everything down and locking up the office, she took a deep breath and started across the parking lot to her car. Most of the guys were leaving and she waved at them as she passed. Of course, Darrell was talking to Clint on the other side of the parking lot, so she ignored them.

She heard Darrel holler, "See ya' tonight, Katie!"

Nodding at him, she quickly got into her car wanting to get away from there as soon as possible. Katherine had just turned out of the lot as her cell phone rang, "Katherine Hardy."

"You didn't tell me bye."

Clint's deep baritone voice sent goose bumps across her skin. She was at a red light and closed her eyes, "Sorry."

He chuckled, "The light just turned green, baby."

Her eyes flew open and she looked into her rear view mirror. A black pick-up was behind her and sure enough, Clint was behind the wheel. As she accelerated she asked, "Are you following me?"

"Yes."

She gasped, "Why?"

His voice dropped even lower, "I'm driving you and Sean to his first T-Ball game."

"Clint, really, I'm fine. You don't have to."

"I want to." Katherine bit her lip at his words and she blushed when he told her, "You are biting your lip again, baby."

Ignoring his comment, "You probably have plans tonight. It's a Friday after all...don't you have a date or something?"

"My only plans for tonight are to go to Sean's game and take him and his mom for pizza afterwards. There's a place that has an arcade and serves some great pizza. What do you say?"

Katherine was about a block from her house and knew she should tell him no, but found herself saying, "OK."

* * * * * *

Clint wondered for the millionth time today about what in the hell was he doing. He parked behind Katherine in her driveway, and opened her car door for her, helping her stand. His heart beat ratcheted up as he cupped her face in his hands and pressed his lips to hers. He had her pinned in between him and her car while his lips devoured hers. He loved how her body seemed to melt into his, her soft curves into his hard unyielding presence.

Clint gripped her hips and slowly eased out of their embrace, "I've been waiting to do that for six hours."

Katherine's fingers clutched his shirt as she nestled her head against his chest. Her eyes and the heat he saw in them laid him low. She licked her lips as she looked up at him. Blushing, she admitted, "Me, too."

He found himself assuring her, "We'll take this as slow as you need to." What in the hell am I saying?

She nodded, "Thank you. I need to get in there and change my clothes. Sean is probably chomping at the bit to get to the park."

Clint followed her into the house and couldn't help but smile as Sean ran to the door in his uniform. Why on earth would Jake want to miss this? Sean was so excited that he was a bundle of energy bouncing around and actually was jumping up and down when he realized Clint was there.

12