Shifting Fortunes Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She didn't know what shocked her the most - the fact that things were floating around the kitchen, or the fact that Earl Rutherford was boiling over as he thunderously smashed cups down out of the air on the kitchen floor where they broke into a million pieces. It took a moment for Sam to understand. Earl was a telepath. He could move things with his mind - obviously it wasn't in his control - but Sam couldn't understand. He absolutely loathed the dual natured, loathed them with all his heart, she had seen the deep hatred in his eyes whenever he spoke of them, if he deigned to let them pass his lips.

No wonder he hated them so much - he hated himself. She watched as he grasped a floating plate and threw it at the cupboard where several other plates were hovering. Then she was ducking for cover as he spotted the tabby cat staring in, and with a roar of fury he launched a coffee mug at her, smashing through the window, narrowly missing her and shattering the cup against the letter box.

Adrenalin pumping through her veins, Sam raced back to where her clothes were stashed. A week after that, her life had never been the same.

**********

"And you know the rest," Sam told Jake dully, hunching closer to the fire. Jake was frowning, lost in thought.

She was unable to complete the story - it was only the next week that Sam had witnessed her mother's death, when she had shown him who she really was and when he'd locked her up out of spite and anger.

She'd never once revealed to him that she knew what he was, she had valued her life a little more than that. There was no telling what he could have done to her if he knew. And then she shuddered to think what he would do if he actually wanted to use his powers.

Jake had been patiently quiet throughout her tale. He'd winced when she'd winced, had burned for her when she spoke of her mother's ill treatment and had felt the excitement of discovering all the things she had about herself. But he had let her tell her story uninterrupted. Now all he could think about was how broken she looked right now. He wanted desperately to take that away, wanted to mend the hurt.

The depth of his feelings for her suddenly surged out of his soul and sent his head awash with them, reaching almost dizzying heights as he struggled to control them, his heart leaping uncontrollably in his chest. Powerless to beat them down this time, his breath shortened as his pulse quickened.

The next thing he knew, he was leaning across, a hand steady on the floor either side of her, pressing his lips to her startled, luscious ones. He watched her green eyes flicker wide open, and then his heart leapt as her pupils dilated and they started to smolder. Heart racing, he kissed her harder until she was responding with equal desperation.

He heard her happy sigh as she leant in toward him and he felt a surge of triumph as he plundered her mouth. He wanted her to forget the past, to focus on how good right now could be with him, knew she wanted this if she would only let him in. Her little moan as he gently pushed her back onto the floor set his pulse thudding. He knew she could feel how hard he was through his grey sweats. They hid nothing. His cock was pressing into her stomach as he pressed her onto the floor.

The blanket wrapped over her shoulders had fallen back and now she was only protected by the wrap she'd tucked in at her breasts. Jake pulled away for a moment, to make sure this was what she wanted but she just determinedly wiggled closer. He groaned as she pulled his mouth back down to hers. This was no time for games.

In a second he'd pulled the blanket away from her breasts, his hands finding what his eyes could not yet see. Jake's mouth quirked upwards in a predatory smile against hers at her little gasp of surprise right before his mouth took hers again. She immediately molded back into him, back arching up, legs parting as he drove his knee in between them.

His left hand molded her left breast and kneaded gently while his other hand stroked the side of the other. He started tweaking and pinching the nipples like he'd seen her do to herself the night he'd caught her masturbating, knowing she liked it; the thought set another wave of fire clawing through him. He was rewarded with loud moans and gasps, her body starting to writhe under his. Her fingers gripped and bit into his arms.

"Jake," she gasped as he pulled his mouth away so he could see what his hands knew. Two gorgeous breasts, dusky pink nipples, little hard buds ready for his tongue to lave them, the firelight bathing them in warmth and flickers. Too mouth watering for words, perfect. He lowered his head to them.

Sam saw Jake's dark eyes stare at her breasts and watched through the heavy haze of desire as his mouth came slowly down. The anticipation almost killed her, but when he finally took a nipple in his mouth, Sam lost it. She bucked, unable to stand how hot he was making her until his other hand steadied her hip, then stroked her concave belly. The feeling of skin on skin contact was incredible, his rough hands on her smooth belly and then breast...Oh God. She moaned his name and gasped as his hand moved up and started tweaking and twisting her other nipple, sweat starting to shine on her skin.

Head thrashing now against the floorboards as his hands now worked their way down to her waist as his mouth set to work on the other breast. Totally out of control, Sam felt his hands slide around her hips and she didn't care. She wanted him to. Her lust was out of control, and as he raised his head from her breasts, she whimpered, naked under him and desperate for more. Her fingers which had been occupied with the back of his head and twisted in his hair now frustratedly scratched over his chest and down to his waist band. He chuckled darkly before pulling away.

"Is this what you want, kitten?" he asked, kneeling away from her, taking in her naked body. Bathed in fire light she was a vision of beauty. It made him ache to see how vulnerable she looked. He nudged his other knee between her legs so he was kneeling at the apex of her thighs. His vision swam as he took her in.

Sam reached out for him in her desire filled haze. Why had he stopped? She needed to feel his naked chest on hers again; she'd dreamt of it. Her vision cleared and she froze the second he started lowering his sweats down over his hips. Breathless, she watched as his cock sprang free. It stood proud and tall, nestled in dark curls. God he was gorgeous. And big, she mentally gulped. How would he fit? Dazed, she watched him kneel a little closer, his impossibly hard cock bouncing gently as he began to lean back over her.

"Is this what you want?" he repeated, halting his progress, his hands once again supporting himself either side of her shoulders, just out of reach. His cock teasingly hung an inch away from her soft belly and now exposed pussy. Mesmerized, Sam hesitantly reached out to touch him. Her eyes flicked up to his for assurance as she traced a couple fingers from the base of his cock up to the tip. She watched his eyes closed and his jaw clenched in pleasure. She marveled that she had given him that pleasure. It made her feel powerful.

A little more confident and feeling a bit more in control, she wrapped her hand around his cock and slowly pulled it down then back up again, experimenting. So silky but so hard, she wondered in lusty fascination. She heard him growl and before she could blink she was flat on her back again; he hooked one of her legs around his hip and leaned over her.

She was driving him crazy! Jake squeezed his eyes shut again as he guided his cock tip against her slick opening. Fuck she was wet. He'd wanted to prepare her more, to lick and suck on her juices until she screamed his name while his face was between her legs, but there was no time any more, he couldn't wait. He wanted her so much. Dammit! he screamed inwardly at the first wet touch of her pussy against his cock. He pressed his cock tip against her a little harder and opened his eyes to look intensely down at her.

Heart skipping a beat, Sam felt the head of his cock against her wetness. It made her heart hammer even louder. Surely he could hear it. She raised her emerald orbs to lock with his and her heart skipped into overdrive, a new rush of wetness dampening her thighs. With his eyes staring into hers, he shifted a little and the head of his cock pushed inside her. Sam bucked again under him, stunned at how he filled her.

God she was tight, Jake thought as he pushed inside her slick passage. He could feel it clenching and trembling around the head of his cock already as her hips bucked against him. He watched her face, wide, innocent green eyes staring into his in wonder. She was biting her pouty bottom lip. Jesus that was sexy. He wanted more. He nudged himself in a little further, inch by inch, gently rocking back and forth to ease into her tightness. He felt the sweat slide down his temple as he looked deep in those gorgeous eyes, now nearly black with lust for him, a ring of blazing green around them.

The triumphant feeling hit him again. Unable to control himself any longer, he thrust hard, sheathing himself completely within her. With his final thrust, he felt his cock push past and break a frail barrier and was stunned as he heard her pained gasp.

Instantly he was still. What the fuck? She was a virgin! Christ! What have I done? His first instinct was to get the hell out of her, but the second one said that would cause her more pain. He stayed still, frantically whispering to her softly that he hadn't known, he was sorry. Her eyes were squeezed shut, teeth clenched. Jake felt her trembling around him and he struggled to keep his control in check.

She felt so damn good, the animal in him wanted to take his pleasure from her anyway, but he fought against it. He watched her open her eyes as he kissed her jaw, apologizing over and over. He cringed and shut his eyes; she must hate him, and he cursed himself for not putting her needs ahead of his own urges. He wished he'd taken the time to suck her swollen lips into his mouth and make her rise to orgasm first.

He didn't know exactly when it all suddenly changed.

He felt the leg he'd slung around his hip curl into him tighter. In fact, it pressed down on his lower back encouraging him in further. Decisively.

"Sam?" he asked questioningly, his voice quavering. Green-black eyes met his, golden hair piled on the floor around her head like a halo. He felt her deliberately pull her hips away from him, then push back up. He hissed out a breath, the walls of her pussy caressing his pulsing cock. The fire flickered suddenly and sparks flew out onto the floorboards next to them.

"I want this, Jake," she breathed as she tried to wriggle her hips into him again.

He stilled her hips with a hand and looked down at her. Then he carefully pulled out of her.

"No, Jake! I want-" she was cut off, all her breath expelled from her body as he thrust back in. None too gentle, either. It was incredible. Fuck! she screamed inwardly. He didn't pause again this time, he withdrew and thrust once more, a little more firmly. He smiled in pleasure at the little expelling of air she made from her mouth at the pressure. He felt her leg press him tighter and the other raised to his other hip, encouraging him further.

Sam moaned; loudly now as his cock filled her over and over again, the sharp pain a distant memory as new emotions and sensations snaked through her body, all beginning and ending at the point between her legs. She clawed at his back with her fingernails, drawing him closer, she was so deliciously full.

Jake gathered her to him, breasts crushing against his chest as he began to drive himself in earnest into her over and over again, sweat slicking both their bodies. The pace quickened, she heard his breath coming faster in her ear as his tongue flicked deliciously against it. Her desire was making her delirious, it was the most excruciatingly wonderful sensation she'd ever experienced; she clenched her pussy harder on him and heard him groan as she hit her orgasm quickly.

He couldn't hold out, he felt her climax on his cock like he'd never felt another woman do - her hot passage was quivering and spasming and sucking on his cock with abandon; his cock erupted and he felt his seed shoot deep into her, her pussy still milking him for all he had. ChristI Jake thought blearily, his world tumbling and crashing around him; she was all around him, it was all he could think of, all he could see, touch, smell, taste. Her skin on his was all he could think about.

Then she was slowly releasing her death grip around his neck, her mouth coming away from where she'd been making mewling, gasping noises in his ear as she came on his cock. His breath still coming fast, he lowered her back onto the blanket, holding himself above her as he slipped his now softening member out of her. Panting, he lay next to her, pulling her to lie on top of him, dragging a blanket over them both in the same movement.

Sam was in awe as she looked tiredly down at Jake. They'd just had sex...glorious, incredible, fucking amazing sex! She giggled suddenly, it was just so maddeningly brilliant. He looked up at her, heart still pounding, still sweaty.

"What?" Jake asked, twirling a lock of her golden hair and tucking it behind her ear. God she was beautiful. She'd been so responsive to him, it made him want to do more things to her just so he could see how she'd react. He felt his cock stir again at the thought.

She blushed at the way he was looking at her. "Just...that was amazing," she said into his chest, green eyes flickering downwards while she traced a pattern around his nipple with a finger. He tipped her chin back up to look in her eyes again.

"Better, kitten," he said simply with a crooked smile and leant up to kiss her soft lips. Sam smiled back shyly and cuddled into him. She felt a delicious soreness between her legs as she felt his seed slowly seep out of her pussy and down onto his belly. She clenched her legs together to stop it, but he nudged them back apart again by raising a knee. "I like knowing that I came so hard in you," he whispered in her ear with a sexy smile. Sam blushed at his loaded words and placed her cheek on his chest to avoid looking in his eyes. It was then she saw it, and a shocked gasp escaped her.

"Jake!" she cried, propping herself up on his chest and staring at his left arm. She saw his confused look as he followed her gaze, then instantly clammed up, the long, wicked scar disappearing in a heartbeat. He gently slid her off his chest and sat up in front of the fire, his back to her. Shit. He hadn't wanted her to see that.

Sam didn't know what to say, she reached an arm out to him but the second her hand touched his back, he stood up. So that's what he was hiding from her. Hurt, but heart aching for him, she pulled the blanket up around her, acutely embarrassed to see a blaze of red blood in the midst of them. She sat up and curled her knees into her chest, hugging them to her with the sheet. "Jake?" she whispered.

He was still beautifully naked, standing with his back to her, cast in silhouette. He let out a sigh and all the tension in his shoulders evaporated. Suddenly the red, gnarling scar reappeared over his shoulder, but he still didn't turn toward her. "I didn't want you to see it. I...was...ashamed," he struggled to explain, his voice catching for a second. "There's things you don't know about me either." His fists curled into balls then relaxed, his muscles tightening and relaxing with the movement.

Sam instantly rose from the ground and wrapped her arms shyly around his waist, pressing her soft form into his back. Her lips brushed the part of the scar she could reach and he shuddered. Finally he turned to her and cradled her, resting his chin on her head as her hand now explored the horrible length of the scar from wrist to shoulder. Sam felt sick that someone could do this to him - for she had no illusions about how he had go it; she understood why it had been done. Anger built in her and threatened to envelope her.

Jake felt her shaking and looked down at her, shocked when his eyes met her empty ones. They were black and filled with hatred. What-?

"They can't get away with this, Jake," she said quietly, anger laced in each word. "They won't."

Jake looked down at her, all her own scars suddenly back on show too, his heart unable to stop racing as he felt how soft and warm her naked body was pressed against his own. At once he understood how she felt, as his own anger reached for the surface at the treatment she'd suffered. He drew her into his chest again, and kissed her sweet smelling hair. No one would be laying another finger on her. Ever. "No, they won't."

12