Shifting Hearts Ch. 06

Story Info
Dealing with pain, and mysteries.
7.4k words
4.46
22.4k
34

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/02/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A/N:Let me just say thanks to Rex, he is awesome. And if it seems like I am jumping the shark a bit, let me say sorry, cause sometimes my fingers seem to have a mind of their own.LOL. But other than that,enjoy, and happy reading.


The kiss that he forced upon her, stilled her where she lay, pinned down underneath him on the bed. She'd tried so desperately to not give in to the kiss, but his advances were just too damned hard to resist. With a little additional persuasion, she had become lost.

A sensation of warmth grew within her as he deepened the kiss. She arched into him, her chest rising up off the mattress, and the tingle of arousal flooded her breasts where her skin pressed against him. She felt a light nudge against her inner thigh and heard a deep growl which, when mixed with the sound of quiet whimpering, forced her back to present reality.

She turned her head to the side fiercely, hoping to avoid any further intrusion, yelping when she felt a light nip at the nape of her neck. "Get off me, now. Please get off ... offfafafafa of me," she said, her voice less adamant, tinged with weariness from her internal struggles. His fangs and bearded kisses continued to consume her. Whatever he was doing, it was hard for her to say no.

Luckily, she got a break when a scary, deep, dark voice boomed throughout the room....

***

Xavier was in heaven: pure, absolute, heaven. He could never have imagined in a million years that kissing his mate would feel this wonderful; especially after having discovered she was a witch – and a human one, at that. When it came to discovering and accepting his mate, all of his prejudices against witches and humans dissolved.

He deepened the kiss after hearing her moan, and could smell her arousal growing. When she had turned her head to resist, it had only excited him more. He licked and nibbled at her neck knowing she'd soon stop all resistance, despite the contradiction of her mouth expressing one thing while her body said another. They'd arrived at a truce; he had finally succeeded in stopping her protests and she'd begun succumbing to the enjoyment of what he was doing to her, when his cousin's booming voice had suddenly interrupted them.

He raised himself up and looked back in the direction of the presence that had suddenly appeared. "Damn it, Mannie."

"Ha! Maybe, instead of a 'damn it Mannie' ... maybe a 'thank you' is in store. After all, I did fetch your mate; you should be grateful." He stepped into the room and affected a cocky posture, grinning.

"Hold the fuck up. You are the cause for that thing that was chasing me? You are one sick bastard," Sallie turned her furious gaze to her boss, "and you allowed this?"

"Why yes, of course, how else would I get you? What else do you expect me to do?"

"Ummm.... I don't know; how about not get your stupid, scary friend to send nasty-smelling dogs after me? And by the way, what type of dog was that anyways?"

"What type of dog it was should not matter. You are here, now, and we have some things to work out."

"That dog was a hell-hound," Mannie informed her. "If he roughed you up a bit, and scared you, then that's your fault, and not my problem. Anyways X, I would stick around and see you and your mate bicker like catty bitches, but sadly I have business to attend to in the Abyss."

Xavier's exasperation changed to concern, having finally realized that Ermanno was dressed in his general's uniform.

"Why? What happened? Is everything okay?"

"I don't know, exactly, but apparently some warlocks are attacking the King's Gate."

"I thought you have handled those sons of bitches before! What's going now?"

"I had ... well, the warlocks' rebel's original leader: I killed him, along with his right-hand men; but now the warlocks have a new leader that goes by the name of Carlos ... some shit anyways, I don't know," he averted his gaze and tried to sound off-hand, then sighed. "But anyways, I have to go and handle it. The King and the leaders are demanding that I show up immediately." He turned to go. "So you are on your own for now. See ya."

"Wait! How in the hell are we supposed to get back home? You teleported us here, remember?"

It was Mannie's turn to look exasperated. Rolling his eyes, he turned back to look at his cousin. "Oh X, stop being a baby. I have three garages full of cars, hogs, and more. Take your pick and drive yourself home. Anyways that mate of yours talks too damn much; you better tame that mouth of hers. I am out." With that, Ermanno vanished right before their very eyes.

Long moments of silence had filled the room, before Sallie finally spoke.

"That man gives me the creeps."

"He gives everyone the creeps. But enough about Mannie, let's talk about us."

"There is no us, you fuck-wit."

"Oh honey, yes, there is. It will take some time for you to see, but you will love me, just like I love you."

"You don't love, Mr. Russo. You just think you do because of your stupid goddess Luna. What you are feeling for me is not real. So please let me go and live my life the way I see fit, without your presence."

"Listen, darling I know you have a very low opinion on me especially since the way I have treated you, and for that I am trying to cope, but the truth remains: you are my mate, whether you like it or not. I refuse to let you go; wolves never let their mates go. Never. So I am telling you this now: you need to get adjusted to your circumstances."

"Circumstances?! Dude, are you serious? Look – mmmmmmph – "

In the midst of giving him a piece of her mind he stopped her with a sensual kiss. She tried to fight at first, but Xavier could feel her relenting into his embrace. This made his wolf howl.

Once he sensed that she had calmed down a little, he gave his final directive, "Now, let's go home, my darling."

}*{

Sallie sat in the passenger side of the car, feeling dazed. She looked out the window blankly, watching tree after tree go by at a rapid pace as Xavier sped down the deserted highway. He had chosen one of his cousin's fancy sports cars for the drive. She felt a rough hand come to rest on her thigh, and turned to meet his gaze.

"Ugh," was all she said before yanking her leg away.

"Ha ha. You will not be saying that for long, doll; trust me."

She let out a pissed off sigh, and rolled her eyes, rage boiling inside her. She wanted to hurt him so badly, but she could feel her magic all over the place. Just give me a spark, Isis, just one spark of power, she prayed. Feeling no response from Isis, she grew disillusioned.

Xavier spoke up. "I know you are praying to your goddess for the power to kill me, love, but I am glad to say my cousin put a little damper on that."

"He did what? What the fuck did he do?"

"How the hell should I know? I don't get into his demon business that much."

"Ugh!" was all she could muster in response, turning to look out the window and resume watching the parade of trees. They had been driving for what felt like forever.

His deep, husky voice broke into her daydreams. "We are here. Welcome back to your new home, mate." He slid out the car and walked around to her side with what looked like a wolfish smirk on his face.

The inside of her tummy was doing flips and her skin crawled at the thought of being back at the place she hated the most.

"Please stop calling me that, and I refuse to get out of this car," she huffed, folding her arms across her chest.

"Well ... fine, I guess I will snatch you out."

"You ain't going to do – Ahhhhh! Put me down, you sick bastard! Put me down!"

"No can do sweetheart, not with that attitude of yours. Upsie-daisy," he threw her over his shoulder like the cave man that he was, and walked up the shallow hill of the driveway. He could smell the acrid scent of her anger raging inside of her.

"Put me the fuck down, you fucking dog!"

"Watch your fucking mouth. If my father or any of the pack hears you talking like this, I am going have to chop off heads. So please, calm the hell down."


"Who gives a shit about your pack, and your damn daddy, asshole? Put me the fuck down now!" She started flailing against his backside. When his wolf suddenly growled, she stopped, and then stood swaying dizzily where she'd landed after being snatched off his shoulder and set down on her feet.

"Well, since you refuse to shut the hell up, let me just shut you up."

Before she could find a rebuttal, Xavier placed his strong arm around her, and covered her mouth as he lifted her up once again, this time positioning her in a carry not unlike a parent with a crying baby at the supermarket. "Shut the hell up. Now come on."

}*{

Thus he reached the great doors to the entrance, Sallie tucked firmly under his arm, muted and goggle-eyed. A young Omega opened it, bowing his head. Xavier looked down at him and spoke forbiddingly, "If you have something worthy to say, you may speak up, pup." He strode briskly through the halls of his home.

The Omega struggled to keep up with him. "Alpha Russo, you are back!" he managed to say; then jabbered on excitedly, unable to keep quiet despite his Alpha's prohibition, "the pack has been worried sick about you, and was curious about your whereabouts, and your father is extremely pissed if I do say so myself."

"About what?"

"Well, you leaving of course. All the while you were gone, your father has taken on the Alpha duties again, and Helen has been going crazy with finding a new witch to replace the one you just fired." As the Omega had said this last, he'd glanced over at Sallie.

"Uh huh. Well, did he have any trouble while I was gone? I have only been gone for a few days."

"Actually, my Alpha, you have been gone a whole week. But, regardless of which, everything seems to be fine."

"Well then, why are you bothering me?"

Xavier got his answer when a booming voice shouted within his head, Xavier, meet me in my office now.

"Aw, fuck." The high level of aggression in his tone echoed in Xavier's mind; it was a very bad omen just before meeting with him.

"Take her to my room immediately, and close the door." He set Sallie down in front of his Omega, one hand still over her mouth. "Don't piss me off, darling. I will be right back. So set tight, and be a good little girl until I return. Okay?"

She returned his stare, huffed, and rolled her eyes.

"I take that as a yes, then." Turning to the Omega, he commanded, "Remember: watch her, and don't try anything funny."

"Will do, sir."

}*{

Damn ... have I really been gone for a whole week? It seemed like it was only a few days,

Xavier wondered, as he made his way through the mansion. Finally, he came in sight of his father's office door and approached it with a sense of purpose combined with dread: part of him wanted to run and leave, while another part wanted to prove to his father that he was not just some fuck up.

"Xavier, stop hovering around the door and get in here."

Giving way to the inevitable, he opened the door. He stepped inside and closed the door, then turned to his father who was seated by a curtained window in his favorite armchair, a cigarette in his right hand, and a graphic novel in the other.

"You yelled, father?"

His father shifted his gaze away from the novel and looked up into his son's face.

"Don't get sassy with me, boy. You fucked up. Now sit down, I have something to tell you."

"Not until I tell you something first." He slipped into the chair opposite his father, then sat up straight and tall, and looked him dead in the eye; his wolf, too, stood at attention.

"Oho! Little Alpha going up against the elder. Are you challenging me, my boy?" he asked, as he took a drag from his cigarette.


"No father, I am not challenging you. I am standing my ground just in case what I'm about to tell you leads us into a duel." Xavier leaned forward, never breaking eye contact. "I found my mate: my human, witch, mate." And there it was, out on the table. He watched his father's expression change from that of 'grumpy asshole' to 'mean ole grumpy asshole'.

His father took a longer drag of his cigarette, then leaned forward and blew the smoke in his face. "Boy, are you fucking with me?"

Xavier did the best he could to hold his wolf at bay.

"No. No I am not, sir."

His father eased back into his chair, pulling smoke out of his mouth.

"Oh boy, you have to be fucking with me in order for you come here, after all the shit you just pulled on me. Are you lying, my little pup?"

"No sir, I am not. She's a human witch, and I have her in my room as we speak. I am telling you this because at first I could not believe it either; in fact, part of me is still in denial, and hates myself, but Luna apparently likes to play practical jokes. The fact remains, she's my mate. My one and only, true mate."

"Oh god, you are fucking serious, aren't you? I mean, you are actually serious with this human mate shit!" Suddenly, he shot up onto his feet and began pacing around his chair, stopping to stomp on his cigarette after throwing it on the floor.

Xavier eyed his father warily. "I am, father. I am dead serious. As much as I hate to admit it, she's my mate, and will become the future alpha bitch of this pack."

"No! She will not be. No shit-infested human will ever become a member of this pack, let alone Alpha bitch. Boy, you are out of your fucking mind if you think this is right."

"I don't think this is right; Luna did, when I got a whiff of her scent. Please Dad, you have to understand what I am going through right now."

"I don't have to understand shit, and I certainly I do not have to accept that disgusting human of yours that you call a mate. Just the thought of you, my only son, shacking up with a human, and not only a human, but a witch at that, is making me sick to my damn stomach. It's disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Get out. I cannot even look at you right now."

"But Dad, please."

"But nothing! Get the hell out of my office! Now!"

Xavier sensed his father's wolf raging and wanting out. He had known the news of his mate's characteristics would disappoint his father, but never have imagined he would be angry to the point of wanting to hurt him.

He quickly got to his feet, his eyes glowing grayish blue in hatred and despair. He now wanted so badly to give him what for, as did his wolf; however the son in him – and Alpha in him – could not allow the initiation of such aggression. Instead, he walked out of his father's office.

}*{

"Ugh; I seriously cannot believe this shit. I am stuck back at the place I hate the most, with people I hate the most. This is sick, and so is that asshole," Sallie fumed, pacing the room angrily.

"Well, hey ... you witches ain't so great either."

She stopped pacing and looked at the Omega standing the corner by the door. "Of course 'us witches' ain't so great to you fucking dogs. Y'all made my life a living hell ever since I stepped foot through those doors. As far as I am concerned, we are on even ground, so shut the hell up, talking Fido. And by the way, don't you have Omega shit to take care of? Run along pup, while I figure out a way to escape."

"My name is not 'pup', or 'dog'. It's Mario."

"Dog, pup, Mario. I could really care less, and neither should you since I am a witch. You are nothing to me. So please get the hell out of this room."

"My alpha ordered me to stay, and I only do as he commands. So you are stuck with me."

"Oh god, you wolves can be so pathetic, to the point it's almost sickening. If your alpha tells you to jump off a cliff would you do it?"

"You know, I am getting kind of tired of your insults."

"Well I am getting tired of your presence. Have you dogs ever thought about how awful you guys are towards us witches and humans? And now you have the nerve to be a jackass to me."

"Hey. You cannot fault me for whatever my alpha does, or whatever else the werewolves you have encountered, have done over the years. I know us werewolves and witches have our tensions, but right now you are just being a major bitch for some unknown reason, and I know what I am about to say will fall on deaf ears, but werewolves are not evil racist assholes; some of us have no problems with witches or humans, until one of them opens her damn mouth."

Sallie stopped dead in her tracks, and looked at the Omega with an arched eyebrow.

"What the hell did you just say to me?"

"You heard me, I am saying more or less that you are acting like a real brat, right now."

"Ha!, Oh my god, I cannot believe you actually just said that. How the fuck else do you expect me to act, after I have just been kidnapped by that overgrown asshole who tried to force me to be his mate?"

To say the look on his face registered pure shock, was an understatement.

"Oh don't give me that look. I will do everything in my power to prevent that from happening. Ain't no way in hell I could be mated to someone like him, and forever live in this hell-hole."

"And why not?"

"Oh!" Sallie jumped at the sound of the deep, husky voice behind her.

"Damn, could you please stop doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Sneaking up on me. That shit ain't cool, man."

"Well, if I don't, I cannot eavesdrop on my mate like a proper mate should, just in case she might be bad-mouthing me," Xavier drawled. "Mario, you may now leave."

"As you wish, my Alpha." He bowed and walked briskly out of the room.


He turned back to face her, with a questioning look on is face. "So answer the question."

"Answer what question?"

"Why? Why don't you want to be my mate?"

"Are you serious? You damn well know why I am not going to be your mate. You just expect me to forget all the shit you put me through all those years, working as your harpy witch. No. I can't, buddy boy. Until you do right by me, and crawl, and grovel at my feet, and you beg for my forgiveness, even then I may consider you as a strange associate."

"Hmmm." He pretended to scratch his chin in thought. "Crawling, and begging huh? Alright then, I can do that," he said with a chuckle. He slid down on his knees, and folded his hands in cuffed like fashion.

"Please oh please, forgive me. I have been nothing but, a big bully to my sexy chocolate mate for all these years. Even though it's kind of your fault, to begin with, but baby please let me show how much of a wuss I can be."

"God, even when you ask for forgiveness you are still a jackass. Are sure you are a Werewolf, instead of a Weredonkey?" When those words flew out of her mouth, Sallie had expected Xavier to be upset, but he only laughed.

"A Weredonkey? Ha! That's a good one."

"Oh you think that's so damn funny, do you? I guess laughing at my expense could be a Broadway show."

Xavier shook his head and grinned, clearing his throat to stifle more laughter, trying to regain a little composure. "I am not laughing at your expense, I am laughing at your commentary, and it makes me think I cannot wait to see how our future together will be."

"Oh god, again with this future deal. There will be no us, lunatic, no matter how hard you try."

"Are you sure about that? I can be pretty damn persuasive at times."

"Persuasive? I don't see how that is possible."

"Oh, it is. Here, let me show you."

"No no no, don't – " before she could object further, Xavier had already shifted into his wolf. Catching her off-balance as she backed away, he playfully herded her and then pounced on Sallie like she was his prey.

She landed on the bed, with Xavier in his wolf form on top of her, staring right back at her with those stormy bluish-gray eyes.

"Wh ... wha ... what are you doing?" she said, heart pounding, as fear plagued her voice.

She had not expected to get a verbal response, and got a shock when she heard the growl he gave her, clearly in response to her question. It was not menacing or scary; it was clearly lustful instead.

12