Shifting Sands

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kala smiled and said, "I wish I could have seen your face right then."

"I'd like to think I was calm and cool, but I don't know."

"But she wasn't flustered?"

"Not at all. She was in her glory I think."

"Like maybe she did that sort of thing a lot?"

"I don't know. They've been coming here for years and that's a first for me, but like I said she also teased the guy in room five."

"I'll bet you were so cute standing here looking at her and trying to be calm."

He started to say more but stopped and said, "I guess we better go down to lunch." With her leading they made their way to the kitchen and sat at the table while Grace served them. Kala asked her, "Aren't you joining us, Grace?"

"Not this time. I ate a few minutes ago, so I can get my chores done. Lee doesn't know, I'm leaving a little early today." Lee just shook his head and smiled at Grace.

Kala then said, "Well thank you for lunch, Grace it's perfect."

"You're welcome, Kala. Will Gil be back before dinner?"

"I wish I knew."

"Well if not, I've made enough for both of you and it's in the fridge."

"Thank you again for taking such good care of me." Grace smiled and then left them alone as she went to change the bedding or make the beds.

They ate in silence for a minute and then smiling at him Kala asked, "Did I make you uncomfortable asking you about the almost naked lady?"

He returned her smile and said, "No, not at all. Actually it was fun remembering that event. It was awkward for me, and yet it was fun and I really do remember

myself as keeping my cool. I even sat down next to her to say something."

"I'm impressed that you had so much control."

"Like I said she was a number of years older than me, but she still looked very nice and she made my day."

They finished their lunch and were rinsing the dishes when she asked him, "Do you ever get a chance to use the pool or the tennis courts?"

"Not very often."

"That's too bad."

"It wouldn't be right to be in the pool when guests are here and the same for the tennis courts."

"Sad, but I can see your point. Besides I'm sure it's better watching naked women play tennis anyway."

"Too bad it happens so rarely."

She smiled gave his arm a squeeze saying, "You poor thing. I hope you charged them a lot for teasing you."

"On the contrary I was tempted to give them a discount" and they both laughed.

"Okay Lee, if we get a chance when no guests are around I'll either challenge you to a game of tennis, or a dip in the pool, or even both. A quick try at tennis and then cool down in the pool."

"I accept. Now with that I better go tend to my chores." Kala kissed his cheek and said, "Thank you, Lee."

"My pleasure. I'll plan on dinner about, say six o'clock ,and if Gil is still among the missing please join me."

"If Gil doesn't reappear before then, you can count on me."


Chapter Six


Gil didn't reappear and in fact called about four to tell Kala that he wouldn't be back before eight or later, so Kala found Lee and told him the news. "Lee, are all of the guests out?"

"As far as I know they are. I know the couple from room one are at the national seashore and I believe two other couples went up toward the Outer Banks. You are here with me and that's it for a few days."

"Okay then, I challenge you to tennis and a swim." He couldn't help but smile.

"I better warn you, I'm totally useless at tennis, but I'll try."

"Then we should be a good match. Meet you on the court in fifteen minutes." They each raced to their rooms to change into light cool shorts and tops and headed to the tennis court meeting on the path. She looked at Lee's legs and said, "Pretty sexy."

He returned the look and said, "Now, you are totally sexy. How am I to keep my eye on a tennis ball."

"I will need that advantage." For the next half an hour the two of them tried to play tennis, but spent more time laughing and chasing the ball.

Lee finally gave up and joined her saying, "Damn, I was worse than I thought I would be."

"It was like I said, we were a good match."

As they walked back toward the house Kala said, "Now had I been smart I would have brought my suit with me and changed down here."

"Let's stop at the pool and check the water temperature." It was a set up right from the start and as soon as Kala was near the water he pushed her in. She squealed until she hit the water and then he jumped in next to her.

They came up together and she splashed him as she laughed and said, "You had that planned."

"Only since after our game."

"That was so sneaky."

"But it saved us from having to change." She looked down and then smiled at Lee.

"Yes, I guess it did." She checked her top to be sure the water hadn't rendered her top too invisible but all that could be seen was her white bra. Looking down she saw her tennis skirt floating out in a flare so she didn't worry about that either.

Lee peeled his shirt off and did a quick lap to the end of the pool and back to her, not to show off, but to get his mind away from where it was going. She watched him move in the water and then stepped in front of him at the last second causing him to bump into her. His hand only touched her lower belly, but he stopped abruptly and stood up saying, "Sorry."

"You swim pretty well."

"But not very far. That shows you how out of shape I am."

"I think you looked very virile and handsome."

"Thank you for that. I like you best in your red bikini, but you look very sexy as you are too."

"You know we have a problem now."

"What's that?"

"How will be get in the house now that we're soaking wet?"

"I have a plan. Shall we go in?"

"Maybe we better." When they reached the backdoor near the kitchen she stopped and asked, "So what is your plan?" He didn't really have one so thinking quickly he picked her up in his arms and pulled her close to him. "I'll carry you in."

She put her arms around his neck then and said, "But we'll still drip all over the kitchen floor."

"I guess I don't really care now" and they looked at each other as they stood there sharing the bond through what few wet clothes they were wearing. As she looked at him closely he carried her through the door and into the kitchen, stopping about mid way.

"Okay now what?"

"Well, I could get us towels or we could dine in a couple of my dry robes."

"Dry robes would be wonderful but...what if some of the others return and pop into the kitchen."

"Good point. I guess dining naked, which was going to be the third option is totally out then."

She laughed and said, "Yes, I'm sure that could cause an awkward moment or two." He let her slip until her feet were on the floor, but her skirt was now pulled up well above her waist. They looked down and her tennis panties were fairly transparent causing both of them to stare for a moment before she tugged her skirt down. "Oops, I guess tennis outfits weren't designed for the pool." He was speechless. He hadn't really seen anything he shouldn't but at the same time it had given the illusion of her being naked under her skirt. She stepped back quickly then and said, "I better go change. I'll be right back." When she returned he had changed as well and had music playing softly in the background. It wasn't anything that he hadn't done a number of times in the past, but under their current circumstances the music took on a different meaning. The two of them had a private dinner at the kitchen table with that soft music continuing to play while the other guests were out and talked about at one restaurant or another...and they still had the house to themselves. Lee poured some wine without asking and handed her a glass before sitting down again. "Lee, you take such good care of me."

"I feel so lucky that you're here and that we have time to spend with each other." Kala felt suddenly nervous and awkward and even caught herself chewing her lower lip a little. She quickly took a long drink of wine, but her eyes kept going back to his. Lee knew it wasn't smart for him to make that last comment. It seemed right in his mind and he meant it, but when he actually spoke it sounded so much different, so much more powerful. He could have just held her and kissed her, and it wouldn't have been much more significant.

Both of them knew they were walking on thin ice, but both of them knew that they didn't want the moment to end either. Kala said almost too quickly, "I guess the rains didn't come after all."

Lee straightened up and said, "I guess we were lucky."

"Lee, I've felt lucky ever since I got here." Now she had done the same thing and wanted to bite her tongue and take back what she had just said. "I mean..."

Almost jumping up Lee said, "Kala, let's pick up this mess and...I don't know go to the solarium or something." As they stood next to each other at the sink she stopped what she was doing and turned to Lee.

"I'm sorry I said what... and," he put a finger over her lips.

"Shhh. Kala don't apologize for what you said please, it meant so much to me."

"It just didn't...I mean I can't..."

"I know, you don't have to explain."

"I can't explain."

"I know what you mean. I think we must have been caught up in the moment or something."

"Yes, that must be it" and she turned back to the sink. They dried their hands then and went to the solarium but Kala said, "I think I better go read or something."

Kala..." She turned to face him and he looked at her for several seconds. "Thank you. For the...well, for everything. Thank you for being here."

"Thank you for being you, Lee. I'll see you tomorrow." After Kala left, Lee wandered around until the other guests started to filter in from town. He didn't feel like it, but he joined them in the solarium and carried on mindless conversation for the next hour before disappearing into his room for the night.

Lee was up early and went down for breakfast in the kitchen while Grace served the guests in the dining room. As usual Lee ate quickly and then went in to circulate and say good morning to the guests. He made it a point to go to the tables of people that had never been there before and see that they were having a good experience, moved on to the table where Calvin and Bonnie were sitting and talked to them for a few minutes, thanking them for coming back to stay at the Sand Castle. Then he moved to where Kala and Gil were sitting. "Good morning you two."

"Morning", Gil said. "I wanted to thank you for taking such good care of Kala yesterday. She said you saw to her every need."

"I did my best and it was my pleasure. Kala makes it very easy to want to please her of course."

"The two of us are off to see the sights today."

"Wonderful, have a good day then. Kala, make him buy you something nice, you deserve it."

They all smiled and before Lee left them Kala said, "I want to add my thanks as well, Lee. I really enjoyed yesterday."

"It was my pleasure, Kala." He was afraid he might say something out of context or inappropriate so he stepped away saying, "I have some errands to run but I'll see you back here for a drink later perhaps."

Lee retreated to the kitchen and poured himself another cup of coffee and went to his bedroom. He wasn't even sure what he was going to do with his day and that wasn't like him. He drank his coffee quickly and went back to Grace to say, "I'm going to Morehead City do you need anything?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Call me if you need me but I'll be back by three."

"Oh, an all day trip?"

"Yes, I need to check on some things." He had nothing to check on and he had no idea what he was going to do to pass the time, but he did know he had to get out of the house for a few hours.

As soon as he got to town he found a place to get a custom tee shirt made, placed his order and left. He spent most of the day just wandering through stores that he cared nothing about, picked up a few things for the two of them to share at lunch and dinner, and then went back to the tee shirt shop. The clerk held it up for Lee's inspection and then put it in a bag. With that purchase made Lee headed back, arriving right at three as Grace was preparing to leave.

"I wondered if you would make it before three o'clock."

"Everything okay?"

"You tell me. You feeling okay?"

"I'm feeling fine."

"Well none of the guests are here so it's quiet as a tomb."

"Good. I bought a few groceries so don't be surprised when you see them."

"Well leave me a list if you want me to do anything special with them."

"Okay, see you tomorrow Grace." None of the guests were back when six o'clock rolled around so Lee ate dinner alone and then when the guests returned he spent part of the evening visiting with them off and on. Kala and Gil appeared about eight o'clock and Lee talked to them for ten or fifteen minutes and then they went to their room.


Chapter Seven


In the morning, Lee made his usual breakfast rounds and learned that Gil planned on being with Kala all day again. Lee was disappointed but also knew that wasn't all bad. He was almost afraid to be alone with her again in fact. The rains that had been predicted for the last couple of days finally appeared in the form of light drizzle and dull half foggy skies. About all a person could do was sit around and read, play cards, or go to Morehead City shopping. For Lee it was a good time to do some paper work and get caught up on his financial records. When he came out for yet another cup of coffee Grace was sitting at the table working on menus so he asked her, "Anybody still here?"

"Kala and Gil are in the solarium, but that's all."

"They didn't go anyplace?"

"Nope."

"I'm surprised." He wandered in and found Kala reading and Gil on his laptop. He was going to just slip away and not disturb them but Kala saw him and asked him, "Is it supposed to rain all day, Lee?"

"I think it's supposed to stop before noon actually and clear off."

"Good, I'd like to get some more sun."

"I think you'll get your chance. It could actually get pretty steamy before the end of the day." Before anything more could be said Gil's cell phone rang.

He answered it and listened for a minute and then said, "That can't be, are you sure? But I thought..." Gil closed his laptop as he listened and then said, "Yes okay damn it I'll be there" and hung up.

"Sorry Kala, I have to go to Raleigh."

"Raleigh?"

"Yes and I won't likely be back until late tomorrow."

"But Gil..."

"I know, but it can't be helped."

"What's going on?"

"Oh...a very dissatisfied customer."

"But that's why you have people to take care of those things."

"Yes, well this customer could cause trouble so I better be in on it."

"But for that long?"

"It will take me three or four hours just to get to the other side of Raleigh and it's almost noon now. I'll be lucky to be back here by bedtime tomorrow night."

"Will you call me?"

"I'll call you tonight before you go to bed."

"I'll go up with you and help you pack a bag."

Lee could say nothing, so he just went back to the kitchen, got a fresh cup of coffee and went back to his room. Two couples would be checking out in the morning, so that left just one other couple in room one and Kala in room six. This

situation was turning into a perfect storm of temptation for him now and it scared him. Even now he worried because the other couples were out exploring, so he and Kala would be there alone except for Grace and she would be gone at three as usual. Then not long after he had gone to his room, Grace came to him and said, "Lee, I'm done with everything so I'll leave now okay."

"Really?"

"Well yes unless you want me to stay for some reason."

"Well...no, I guess not."

"After the guests check out in the morning I'll thoroughly clean those rooms of course, but right now there's nothing for me to do."

"Okay Grace."

"I overheard Gil, so I made lunch and dinner for you and Kala and it's in the fridge as usual."

"Thank you."

"Listen, call me if something comes up and I'll come back."

"No, don't worry Grace, go home and enjoy the time off."

"Yeah, some time off, now I'll go home and clean my own house."

When Gil came back down Lee said, "Good luck, Gil."

"Thanks. Damn what a mess," and left. By noon Lee was done with his office work and came out of his room to find the place empty and silent. After looking around he went upstairs and knocked on Kala's door and waited. "I'm coming" and Kala opened the door. She was standing there in her bikini. Lee's eyes were all over her before he could catch himself.

"Sorry Lee, I was getting started with my sunning."

"I was going to tell you that lunch is ready if you're hungry."

"That sounds great. Let me get my cover up." He watched her ass as she moved away and then she returned as she tossed a short terry jacket affair over her shoulders. "Will this be okay, Lee?"

"It's fine. It's just you and me anyway."

"And Grace."

"No, she left early today."

"Oh. And the other guests?"

"Out doing whatever."

"Oh." The two of them went down and Lee pulled two taco salads out of the fridge, grabbed a couple of sodas and that was their lunch.

"I hope this is okay."

"This is wonderful, Lee." They were unusually quiet as they ate.

Lee made a comment about Gil's mess and Kala said, "I think he's overreacting. My God, you'd think he held the future of the world in his hands, but it's his call to make."

"You doing okay?"

"I'm doing okay." With lunch over they rinsed their dishes as usual but this time he kept catching glimpses of her bikini as she moved. Even as they ate her cover up didn't cover much and his eyes wouldn't behave.

As she turned around she held her wrap about half closed and asked him, "What are you up to this afternoon?"

"I haven't decided yet. I finally got my office things done and most of my repair chores are caught up, at least for the moment, and it's getting hot out so I can't see me doing much outside. You going back to sunning?"

"I guess for a while anyway."

"Don't go away I'll be right back." When he returned she was standing there with her cover up gaping open. He stopped and said, "I have to say it again Kala you take my breath away."

"I'm glad you approve, Lee." He handed her the tee shirt and said, "I had this made for you yesterday."

"Oh Lee, thank you." She held it up and it said, The Sand Castle, where friends and lovers meet. She held it up to her and then smiled at him. "Which are we?"

His voice changed a little as he said, "Well friends, to say the least."

"But not lovers."

"I wish we were Kala." She stepped forward then and his arms went inside of her cover up as they came together. A moment later they were sharing their first kiss. His hands felt nothing but the warm soft skin of her back, butt, and shoulders, and the thin string that held her bra in place was barely noticeable. The kiss lasted a long time. Not a frantic lip bruising kiss, but an exploring all consuming kiss. When he could talk Lee said, "Oh God what are we doing, Kala?"

"I'm sorry Lee, I just couldn't help it."

"I want you so much" and they kissed again. Kala stepped back then and said, "This is all my fault Lee, but I love to feel your arms around me. And now I love to feel us kiss, and I love to feel you press against me. I'm sorry I better go back to my room."

"Kala, you can't just stay hidden up there."

"Lee, why don't you come up in about an hour. We can sit on the deck and talk."

"I'll be up." The next hour seemed to drag on forever. Lee changed into shorts and sandals and put on a shirt. It was in the upper eighties outside, and even with some shade on one area of the deck, it was going to be warm. He checked the time yet again and then retrieving a bottle of wine and two glasses, he headed upstairs. He knocked on her door she told him to come out to the deck. She was still in a bikini, but a different one. A hot pink one that was no larger than the red one, if as large.