Silver Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,327 Followers

At the apartment, Regina liked Sholto no more than Rayner or Theophilus, but only gave them glaring looks when Tristam's attention was focused elsewhere. The three watched Tristam and Regina out on the small balcony. He held her hands and their heads angled together. They looked like two halves of a whole.

Theophilus looked back at Rayner who looked lost and hurt. It was obvious to the Dregan that his brother needed comfort and love even more than the rescued woman and he gave a frown at Tristam who seemed too embroiled with her to realise Rayner was being neglected.

"I'll just get Regina settled in her room, love," Tristam smiled as the couple came inside the room.

Theophilus gave a mental sigh of relief. Tristam needed to put distance between himself and his rescued prisoner. The blond hoped that Tristam was just being overly-protective and things would get back to normal quickly once their Papa took charge of Regina. He glanced at the direction they had taken. He still felt ill-at-ease about the woman. He wished his husband was home. He felt out of his depth to voice his concerns or how to approach the man who was both his leader and Protector if his behaviour continued in the same vein.

****

In their bed, Tristam caressed Rayner's face tenderly.

"Regina suffers from severe headaches from auditory overloading," he said. "Her eyesight fluctuates and hasn't taken well; I think that will fade to normal. Her sense of smell is well-developed..."

"Tristam, I don't want to discuss her in our bed," Rayner said, his eyes reflecting his hurt that even here there was no escaping her influence on his husband.

For a moment Tristam stared at his husband, surprised by the outburst, and then he had the grace to blush.

"I'm sorry, angel," he whispered, his tone contrite. "She seems to push all my protective buttons. I remember what it was like to feel that everything was too close or too loud. But it's you I love, only ever you."

"Show me," Rayner moaned, pressing his erection into Tristam's hip. "Need to feel you." He desperately craved the physical and mental intimacy to banish the feelings of insecurity. He whimpered softly as Tristam scented him, the bigger man starting at his jaw, then each armpit and finally pressing his nose into the dark nest of curls at Rayner's groin. He was eased onto his side and Tristam's tongue slid over his body, across his hip, bathing each cheek before they were parted, for the slick muscle to tease over tightly furled flesh. Rayner rocked back, soft mewling sounds spilling from his lips.

Tristam rumbled his pleasure. He was surrounded by the sight, sound, feel, taste and scent of his mate and the gentle mental caress that ebbed and flowed effortlessly between them filled the cold, empty places Tristam had tried to ignore when separated from his beloved husband. He slid back up Rayner's body. He slipped one arm under the brunette's head and the other stroked Rayner's hard, damp flesh. His own erection pushed between smooth, warm thighs. Rayner's hand covered his as he stroked, feeling his lover's spiralling arousal.

"Love you, Tristam," Rayner moaned, his voice low and husky.

"Love you, angel," Tristam groaned. "Let it go, baby. Let me feel you come."

Even as Tristam felt Rayner's shaft throb in prelude to its release, his own pulsed in sympathy. Both men came together, each softly calling the name of the other. Rayner finally sagging against his bigger mate as Tristam wrapped his arms protectively around the slender body.

Rayner felt loved and safe and the intimacy of both mind and body dispelled the doubts that had plagued him. He pushed back as close as he could get to the broad, fur-dusted chest, inhaling the scent of warmth, love and completion.

"Love you," he murmured sleepily at the kiss to his temple.

"Love you, baby."

The words registered dimly as Rayner's eyes closed, a smile of contentment on his lips.

****

Rayner awoke alone and the coolness of Tristam's side of the bed told him his lover had been gone awhile. He gave a sigh. He could understand Regina's need for someone who understood what she was going through and who could teach her how to bring wayward senses under control. He just wished she was not so antagonistic towards himself, Sholto and Theophilus. He knew Tristam would feel it necessary to be involved with her until satisfied she was coping, but her unfriendliness was making it almost impossible for him and the others to remain sympathetic towards her.

After breakfast, Theophilus suggested they go across to the park. It was the blond's hope that the beauty and freedom would make Regina less clingy to Tristam, but he huffed his frustration to find she was no different outside to in. She seemed oblivious to the tranquil greenery or the sparkling blue lake, her eyes fixed on Tristam, fascinated with the man rather than nature. Theophilus, Rayner and Sholto sat on a very slowly revolving roundabout and Theophilus' heart ached to see his brother so saddened. Tristam seemed unconscious of his husband's need for attention. As Regina reluctantly left Tristam to make use of a rest facility, Theophilus waited a moment or two, took a deep breath and, leaving the other two, approached Tristam.

"I understand how protective you must feel towards Regina, Tristam," he said, carefully choosing his words. "But you have scarcely left her side since you returned here. Can you not see how much your husband needs you, too?" The furious look on Tristam's face took the Dregan by surprise, as did the tight grip to his forearm.

"Are you suggesting there is something between Regina and me?" Tristam growled, his nose flaring. "Perhaps it is I that should be concerned. You seem keen enough to 'comfort' Rayner."

Even as the hurtful words fell from Tristam's lips, the bigger man regretted them. He knew he had been deliberately cruel and watched with a sickening sensation in his stomach as Theophilus turned away from him, shoulders slumping and body trembling. He knew Theophilus had mated for life with Xavier and had nothing but deep, abiding, brotherly love for Rayner. He reached out with a shaking hand, hoping to find the words to beg for the blond's forgiveness, but it was shoved aside by a small, solid and angry younger man.

"How dare you? How *dare* you?" Sholto growled furiously. It made no difference to Sholto that he was the smallest of the group. He fought to protect those he loved. He shoved Tristam hard enough for the bigger man to take a backward step. "You're supposed to be our Protector. We're supposed to feel safe enough with you to speak freely, about anything. If that's the way you behave then perhaps you're not suitable for that role. You *know* Theophilus loves us as brothers."

"I...I didn't mean it. I don't know what made me so angry. I do know Theophilus' love is pure."

"I'll keep Regina away," Sholto said, as he saw the woman watching the proceedings. She wore a smirk on her face and Sholto felt his hackles rise. "Sort it, Tristam," he growled, as he stalked away.

"Theophilus, please," Tristam said, tentatively touching a slim shoulder. "I'm sorry, so sorry. Forgive me, please?" He was glad the blond did not resist his attempts to turn him around, but the sight of the tears on sculptured cheeks had the bigger male's heart almost breaking. "I'm so sorry," he repeated, pulling the slender body into his arms. He scented Theophilus as he held him tight. There was just a lingering fear and distress. There was no challenge to him; no aggression, lust or arousal.

"I...I would n ...not..." Theophilus whispered brokenly, but was stopped by Tristam's shaking fingers on his lips. He glanced up at the bigger man and could see the genuine remorse in the normally clear blue eyes that were now darkened with pain.

"I know, beautiful. I know. I don't know what possessed me. I felt threatened, struck out and hurt one who didn't deserve my anger. Please forgive me, Theophilus?"

"You did hurt me, very much," Theophilus said, not wanting there to be anything hidden between him and Tristam. "But I know you. I know that outburst was not like you. I would not have our relationship fester because of it. I love Rayner and I love you. You're my brothers, my family. Of course I forgive you."

At Theophilus' words, Tristam crushed him to his chest, burying his face in the long blond hair and inhaling deeply. Now he could scent Theophilus' normal sweetness and he felt an inexplicable unease lift from him.

"Tristam, Theophilus, is everything ok?" Rayner's anxious voice had Tristam release the blond to gaze at his husband.

"It is nothing," Theophilus assured. "All is well."

"It was not *nothing*," Tristam said honestly. "Theophilus spoke openly to me and I was hurtful in return."

"And I have forgiven you and it is over," the blond nodded emphatically. He kissed Tristam softly on the cheek and repeated the action with Rayner. "I will join Sholto and we will take Regina home. Spend some time together. Take a boat to the little island out there, enjoy one another," he smiled as he walked away.

Tristam hugged Rayner tight as he watched the retreating figure and gave a mental prayer of thanks that Theophilus was naturally compassionate and forgiving.

"Are you ok?" Rayner asked, picking up on the lingering mental distress of his mate.

"I'm sorry, love," the bigger man said in response. "I was neglecting you and I don't know what it is about Regina that makes me become so wrapped up in her. I don't remember anything of my time as a prisoner in the labs. Jameson thinks I purposely blocked it because it was painful and unhappy. I just want to show Regina that once they're controlled, she can enjoy her senses. I needed Jameson and Aurora and although it was difficult, I wouldn't be without my enhancements now. They're a part of me and make me who I am. But nothing should make me ignore you, nor make me hurt one whose only crime was to point out you needed me."

"I love you, Tristam," Rayner said, entwining his arms around his husband's neck. He felt the bigger man nuzzle into him and hugged him tightly.

"Let's do as Theophilus suggested," Tristam smiled as they broke apart. "Just you and me on the lake's little island."

Rayner grinned and nodded enthusiastically.

****

The two men spent an idyllic afternoon. They visited the island where they lay together, touching, kissing, letting themselves enjoy the simple pleasures of gentle intimacy and the beauty around them. The time flew past and it was getting dark as they returned to their apartment. They gasped at the sight of Sholto nursing a bruised cheek and swollen eye.

"What happened?" Tristam demanded. "Are Theophilus and Regina ok?"

"Regina did this," Sholto said angrily.

Close up, the two men could see the signs that Sholto had been suffering from his pregnancy sickness in addition to the spectacular bruising.

"What do you mean?" Tristam asked. "Was it an accident?"

"No. It was deliberate. And if it hadn't been for Theophilus' speed, even in his condition, she would have kicked me despite knowing I was carrying."

"I don't understand," Tristam shook his head disbelievingly, yet the evidence was before him.

"I felt sick when we got home. When I came back into the room, I heard Theophilus explaining he and I, as well as Rayner, were pregnant. She got angry when she realised you weren't following right behind us and angrier as the time went on. Theophilus went to the kitchen to make us some drinks and I thought Regina was following him. She stood up as I got to my feet and lashed out at me. She packs a solid punch and I dropped to my knees. She was readying herself to kick me when Theophilus flew back in. He all but threw her into her room, but didn't dare leave her alone."

Rayner gave a reassuring hug to the red-head as Sholto's shoulders slumped.

"I've been of little use to Theophilus. There's a strange smell in the apartment that keeps making me feel ill and so he's had to stay in Regina's room alone. I know he's exhausted, because I keep checking on him, but I can't take his place to let him rest."

"Tristam, you have to do something," Rayner said desperately. "We need to get her to Papa and let others care for her."

"Let me relieve Theophilus. You contact Jameson, see what can be done," Tristam said. He emerged a moment later, almost carrying the exhausted Dregan. Sholto was right about the smell in the apartment; it seemed more noticeable in Regina's bedroom, although the sobbing woman was apparently oblivious thanks to her crying.

Rayner and Sholto immediately began fussing over the blond as Tristam went back into Regina's room. Rayner glanced up briefly at the sounds of hysterical sobbing. He sighed, hoping the woman's apparent vulnerability would not sway Tristam's resolve. As Sholto cared for Theophilus, Rayner tried to contact Jameson, but his Papa's private line was constantly engaged and he did not dare use a more public line. He was sure that the morning would be time enough to deal with getting rid of Regina. Sholto and Theophilus were tired and needed rest.

"Are you well, my brother?" Theophilus asked, concerned by Rayner's quiet contemplation.

"I can't get hold of Papa. We'll need to try again in the morning. I was just wondering if perhaps Regina suffers from some kind of psychological reaction to her senses. Tristam's reactions were always physical, but he doesn't remember if there were any others in the lab."

"Perhaps even a hormonal problem," Sholto offered.

"Whatever it is, I suppose we should be grateful that she doesn't react badly to Tristam. He would have had incredible difficulties rescuing her if she'd reacted to him as she does to us," Rayner added. "Let's get some rest. Listening to Regina, Tristam isn't going to be leaving her alone anytime soon."

The three men busied themselves looking after each other and the sleeping arrangements, finally settling on all three sharing the large bed in the second master bedroom. Rayner arranged a plate of food each for Tristam and Regina which he advised his husband would be in the kitchen. He took snacks and drinks for himself, Sholto and Theophilus; for once purposely pandering to their more unhealthy cravings. Pushing any unkind thoughts about Regina from his mind, he focused on enjoying the company of his friends, his hand occasionally brushing where his growing child lay.

****

Tristam was aware that it was daylight and gave a soft moan of appreciation at the tiny, soft kisses that were scattered across his face and the knowing hand that kneaded at his groin.

"Don't open your eyes," was husked in his ear. Smiling he breathed in the sweet scent of his aroused mate. It seemed subtly different, but Rayner's hormones were shifting daily, altering the scent he knew and loved. He was straddled and he gave a slight frown as a part of him felt *something* was amiss. The body astride him rocked into his erection, but it felt...wrong. He reached out to caress his mate's mind, to assure himself all was well with Rayner and encountered only a wall of mental anguish.

His eyes flew open, just as Regina's lips possessed his. For a moment he was frozen in shock and then he shoved the startled woman roughly from his lap. His mind sought out his mate. But was it was refused the refuge it sought. With a cry of Rayner's name he staggered from Regina's room, but found the door to the apartment open and knew instinctively the other men had gone. He flew down the stairs, hoping to catch his mate, but as he emerged into the garage, their vehicle was already pulling away, his hearing picking up on the anguished sobbing from his distraught husband. Unable to make sense of what had happened, Tristam returned to the apartment. Regina appeared, looking warily at him.

"Tristam?" Her hand reached to him, but fell at the shake of Tristam's head and the raised hand that warned her not to come closer.

"I don't know what happened, Regina," he said carefully. "I genuinely thought I was with my husband. I have no desire for you. I'm sorry, Regina. Please, please just go to your room. I need to get things sorted." He ignored the sob that preceded the woman running into her room. His real concern was reaching Rayner.

He tried twice to get through to Jameson, his temper fraying further with each unsuccessful attempt. Before he could try a third time, the machine showed an incoming call. The image was not displayed, nor was the caller's number and the voice was mechanical. It spoke Dregan, a language almost unspoken off its homeworld. The instructions were terse and to the point. 'Stay. Make no calls. Ten minutes. Be ready.'

Tristam's eyes flicked to the room in which Regina still sobbed. As unhappy as he was he had hurt the woman he had rescued, his greater concern was the hurt to his husband. He had no way to explain his behaviour to his mate and wondered just how he could ever earn Rayner's forgiveness and regain his trust.

****

Tristam had recognised the heartbeat and scent of Uist before the cat-man entered the apartment. He stared silently at the other man. Uist's demeanour was that of a warrior ready for battle. His body fur was thickened and his claws were extended. His amber eyes flicked briefly at Tristam as he tilted his head. Tristam nodded and took his place at Uist's side at the door to Regina's room. As surprised as he had been by Uist's behaviour, he was stunned by Regina's.

As they opened her door, she barrelled out, striking at the cat-man. She kicked, screamed and tried to gouge, but as a trained fighter, Uist had little trouble subduing her.

"Regina, please don't struggle. Uist won't hurt you if you don't struggle."

"Don't let him take me, please don't let him take me," she begged.

"You drive," Uist said curtly. "Home."

Tristam had no need to ask the destination. Only one place on Earth was called home and that was the house where he and Rayner had grown up. He noted the increased security as he drove through the electric gates. Personnel, human and otherwise, patrolled the grounds and his ears picked up the unmistakable sounds of electronic surveillance devices. They had been here just a couple of days ago and none of this security had been in place then. Work must have gone on round the clock for it to be so well organised.

As they entered the house, Aurora stood just inside. She gave Tristam a sympathetic smile.

"Bedroom," she said softly.

The big man took off at a run. There was only one room she could be referring to; the bedroom he and Rayner had shared as children. He hesitated outside the room, his body trembling. He tapped nervously on the door and entered slowly. He stood, not extending his senses or his mind, waiting for Rayner to make the decision as to whether it was acceptable for him to approach. He released a sob he had not realised was building as Rayner simply opened his arms.

Tristam refused to rush. He moved swiftly to the bed, but then slowed his movements to allow his young husband to change his mind if so desired. Instead he was almost pulled to Rayner's chest, the brunette throwing apart his shirt so Tristam could be skin-to-skin. The bigger man whimpered softly, pleadingly as he buried his face into Rayner's neck, covering the lithe body with his own. He felt the loving mental caress and wept into Rayner's shoulder as love washed over him.

Rayner knew there would be no need for words. He felt his husband holding back, waiting for acceptance and let all his love for Tristam flow into the link they shared. He carded his hand through Tristam's hair and rubbed tense shoulders as the bigger man sobbed silently.

"It's ok, love," Rayner whispered. "It wasn't your fault. We've all been deceived."

"I don't understand," Tristam husked.

"It was a set-up. Regina wasn't a prisoner. It was all conceived to bring you and her together. We weren't meant to access the space station. That's why the rescue was easy and Xavier and Uist ran into difficulties. But if they hadn't..."

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,327 Followers