Silver Eyes Ch. 03

Story Info
A romance between a vampire and a supernatural woman.
3.4k words
4.76
28k
27
6
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The bar was heaving with suited bodies and loud drum and bass music. Annette strained to hear orders shouted by a fat red-faced man who looked like he should pack in the alcohol and sleep soundly. It was the fourth time the man had come up to the bar to order drinks for him and his friends and it was not eleven o' clock yet. This would definitely be a problem as the bar closed by three on Fridays, so she made a mental note to inform David, or the other male bartender Alex to keep an eye on him. As before, he ordered five Heinekens and two straight whiskeys. Seeing as there were only four of them, Annette was sure one of the lagers was for him as well as the whiskeys. She shook her head to herself as saw him down them straight the moment he sat with his friends. She turned round to get more orders tended to and immediately felt the hairs on the back of her neck prickle as the door to the bar opened to let three men in. She immediately heard the hush that descended on everyone.

It lasted about a second then continued immediately, this time on a higher scale than before. The guys were posturing in a macho way and the girls were giggling and curling strands of their hair or pouting sexily as the men walked towards a full table. Annette smirked to herself disbelievingly. Did they actually expect to get a table in a bar this packed? However, to her amazement, the men who were sat there, quietly got up and moved to stand with the rest of the crowd. Annette almost gasped in surprise. This was truly stunning. No one ever gave up their seats, especially if they were not booked in advance, or paid for so it was a 'come-first, sit-till-the-end' unwritten rule. She looked at the men who stood up again, this time closely, and saw that they had a bit of a glazed look in their eyes. She narrowed her own eyes wondering if this was merely as a result of over drinking or if they had been threatened to move. Hot or not, no bullying was to be condoned in this bar. She looked back at the new comers and her gaze widened for one of them was staring at her intently. She quickly averted her gaze and proceeded to serve as many people as possible without looking back there.

All three of them were truly gorgeous. Two of them were twins with matching cropped dark hair, large topaz coloured eyes and cheekbones to die for. They were also rather tall about six four, give or take an inch, and had bodies as honed as granite. She acknowledged their gorgeousness but she could not very well say she was attracted to them as they looked a bit too muscular for her, like bodybuilders. It was the third one who made her uneasy, and not in an unpleasant way. He was tall too, probably the same height as the others, and in any case, far taller than her five six height. But instead of being as muscular as his friends, he was more lean and wiry, like a runner or a swimmer. He had long wavy golden blond hair which swept the neck line of his shirt and those eyes, God those eyes. As they had stared at her so piercingly, for that second she had felt that she could drown in that green gaze. She could not tell if his eyes were all green or more hazel as he was too far, but they definitely looked purely green, eyes that she could stare at all night long....

Annette shook herself hard and resumed serving drinks. She saw Melissa sidle over to her and whisper under her breath excitedly, 'Oh my God! Eye Candy!' Annette stared back at her shocked. This was the first time Melissa had said anything to her that did not include a slur or a sly dig. She had to be overly excited about the new comers or maybe she had been tipping some liquor down her throat on the sly as it was forbidden for them to drink whilst working. Not that that stopped quite a few of them, Annette included. Sometimes, of course.

There was a lull in orders and she looked at her wrist watch. Ah, time for the party-boppers to move to the basement and shake what the good Lord gave them. She sighed to herself and rubbed her aching wrists. Suddenly, she felt Melissa vibrate to attention next to her and squeak in an unnaturally high voice, 'What would you like to drink?' She looked up and saw that the twins were at the bar. One of them stared at her and something must have been in her gaze because his eyes clouded with, was that disbelief? And his nostrils flared before he looked back at Melissa. As her attention was occupied and there did not seem to be anyone clamouring for drinks, she mimed the sign of going outside to David and grabbed her coat. She did not see the third man's gaze follow her. All she could think of at that moment was her naughty vice, Marlboro Lights.

Once she got outside she lit a stick and inhaled deeply. One of the many perks of healing instantly; she was safe from lung cancer and could go through as many packs as she wanted. Olivia envied her for this as she had given up smoking claiming she did not want to die young, but Annette had no such qualms of dying anytime soon. Not from smoking anyway. She was so lost in her non-guilty pleasure that she jumped and shrieked rather loudly, dropping her cigarette when she heard a deliciously husky voice whisper, 'You do realise cigarettes kill don't you?'

She whirled round to see the third man from the bar staring at her from underneath hooded eyelids. She was so shocked she answered without thinking, 'Not me it won't.'

The man's eyes widened a bit at this and she gasped inwardly thinking, stupid git why on earth did you say that? She slowly shook out another stick as the one she had been smoking had fallen into a puddle and she bent to look for her lighter but a lighter emerged in front of her, cupped in the man's long fingered hands.

'Oh,' she whispered shakily then quickly cleared her throat. 'Err, thanks.' Ye gods, he was much fitter up close. She felt a curl of desire whip its way down her belly to her nether regions.

As if the man had noticed this as well, his nostrils flared widely and he narrowed his gaze at her. He smiled slowly at her then brought out a pack of Camels. She narrowed her own gaze at him and said accusingly, 'Yet you berate me for smoking. Hypocritical, no?'

He chuckled softly at this, 'I never berated you, I just asked if you were aware of the consequences of smoking.'

She noticed that he had an American drawl, sort of like the cast of Gossip Girl, all elite and Upper East Side. 'Hmm, well are you aware of the consequences of smoking then, or you just don't care?'

'Like you, not me it won't.' He repeated her words back to her.

She scowled at him. Was he mocking her? Ah well, see how he felt ten or twenty years down the line when he wheezed from a hospital bed, a tube dangling from his rather perfect throat. If the powers-that-be could just be on her side at that fateful moment, she was word perfect on what she was going to say to him, 'Now do you believe me when I say not me it won't?' and she would laugh sarcastically and...

He gave a little chuckle and she raised her head up quickly and stared at him. He seemed to be laughing at her. Had she thought out loud? No she didn't think so. What was the smug American laughing at? Smug, sexy American, she thought rather dreamily and quickly snapped out of it as she saw his gaze narrow then fall on her lips. She licked them nervously and dragged quickly on her cigarette before stubbing it out. 'Err, was really nice meeting you, Mr...err, anyway, have to go back in. Duty calls.' She chirped and made to go round him back to the bar.

He, quick as lightning, snaked out an arm and grabbed hers. 'You never told me your name.' He said softly.

'That's 'cause you didn't ask. Same as I didn't ask you yours. Now please let go of my arm.' Beautiful or not, she hated people touching her without her permission. It had taken her months to drop her guard around Olivia and not flinch when she touched her. Now she was used to it, but only to Olivia's. She glared at the man coolly and snatched her arm back. 'Now if you don't want me to get you thrown out of the bar, I suggest you don't try that little stunt with me again. Good evening.' With that she walked back into the bar, leaving the man to stare at her thoughtfully.

***

Sebastian Jean-Pierre Beaumont stared at the beautiful dark skinned girl as she served and chatted with customers. He had been staring at her as surreptitiously and intently as possible. When he had entered the bar with his best friends, nay brothers, he had noticed her because he thought her extraordinarily beautiful. Then his gaze had turned to observation as he saw she was not just a pretty face. She was also incredibly astute. She had been the only person to wonder why those men had stood up so abruptly from their table. He had caught her staring at them, trying to decipher what made them move. Of course she would never know the real reason, no one would. Even if they did, they would never believe, but still, she had noticed. Then he had spoken to her outside and read her thoughts. God, she was funny. He had successfully stifled loud laughter at her thoughts, only letting out a chuckle which had caused her to question if he was reading her thoughts. At that he had stilled himself, but relaxed as he realised it was just a rhetorical question not a real searching quest. Her comment on not being killed by lung cancer had been rather serious as he had gathered from her thoughts of her strolling in twenty years down the line and laughing at him. Why was she so certain she could evade such a disease? And why was she so scared of being touched? And who was Olivia? It was definitely a girl's name but the thought of it being a man made him scowl so ferociously his friends looked at him puzzled. He quickly tempered his countenance. Who was this girl that made him react so quickly? It had been years, since he felt this way about anyone and he was determined to pursue it to the very last. This girl was going to be his. How, he did not know, but he was most assured of it.

He stayed there till the very end of the night and would have sat there still if one of the men did not call out, 'Last Drinks.' He gazed rather dispassionately at the stick thin blonde girl who had been throwing their table increasingly smouldering looks all through the night.

One of his friends, Dante, twin brother of the other Damien smirked, 'I asked her if she was down with double teaming and she said yeah.'

Damien choked on his drink as Sebastian shook his head in disgust. Damien whistled, 'Score, bro. Tonight then?'

Sebastian muttered, low enough that no one but the twins could hear, 'You guys really need to grow up. Double teaming at your ages, really?'

'Hey man, don't be jealous 'cuz we're like, centuries younger than you. And you shouldn't be saying anything, what with all the stuff I heard you got up to back in the God knows what year BC.' Dante chortled and Damien laughed along.

Sebastian looked round sharply to make sure no one had heard their conversation. Not like it mattered because no one would truly believe the three men sat there were anything older than twenty six or seven when in actuality, the twins were three hundred and fifty five years and Sebastian, well, suffice to say he had stopped counting when he passed his second millennia on the earth.

He sighed and downed his drink in one gulp. 'I'll drive the car back as you know alcohol does nothing to me, unlike you two who are definitely drunk and should take a cab.'

'Yes father.' Damien giggled.

'No! No! Yes great-grand ancestor.' Dante added.

'Nice,' Sebastian rolled his eyes at them, they were like overgrown children. Always playful, but loyal and honest friends. Being dangerous in battle was a definitely plus of course. 'And you truly expect that blonde to look at you with anything other than utter revulsion at your antics?'

This sobered them up quickly, or rather made them act sober as they were determined to take her home and fuck her all night long. Damien looked up and caught the eyes of the girl, Melissa she said her name was, and mimicked going outside to wait for her. She nodded brightly and winked at them.

Sebastian rolled his eyes once more and looked for the other girl. He saw her staring at Melissa with the same expression he had had on his face when Dante had told him about their plans with the blondie. He smiled inwardly, then outwardly as he saw her look at him. He grinned widely when she averted her gaze immediately. Then he frowned; he had not seen any cars parked outside which meant she was going to take the bus or a cab home. He was going to wait outside and if he did not see her hailing any cab then he was driving her home whether she liked it or not. There was no way in hell he was going to see her risk her lovely human body on a potentially dangerous Friday night in the city.

***

Annette rolled her neck as she shut the door to the bar. She was bone tired with cleaning up. Melissa had hardly done anything before rushing out, no doubt to meet those twins. She sighed out loud to herself. It was almost four and she had a feeling she was going to have to wait for an hour for the bus if she did not get to the bus stop before four o' clock. She considered taking a taxi briefly, but discarded the thought just as quickly. There was no point wasting money on a taxi especially when she knew nothing could hurt her. As she walked quickly towards the bus stop, she had a feeling she was being followed. She looked around but did not see anybody. She quickened her footsteps, partly because she preferred not getting involved in any brawl (in two consecutive nights) and partly because she could hear the distinct rumble of the bus making its way towards its stop. As she turned the corner into the main street someone grabbed her arm and she instinctively whirled round punching with all of her considerable strength. She heard a loud crunch as whoever it was sailed past her and landed against the side of the adjacent building. She winced as she remembered she was stronger than the average man, hell, stronger than the average giant. She rushed towards whoever it was forgetting the bus at that moment; there was no point worrying about the bus anyway since she was surely going to miss it now. She looked at the body and gasped when she saw that it was the third man from the bar. He did not look hurt. In fact, he looked shocked as hell.

'Are you okay? Oh God, I don't know what happened. I did warn you not to grab me. Oh dear, let me help you up.' She gabbled bending towards him. He rose in a scarily fluid motion to his feet. Clearly he was not hurt, nor did he need her help. She gulped at the fierce scowl on his face which was directed towards her.

'Err, I see you're okay. So I guess, I'll be leaving now, although I've missed the bus.' She forced out a laugh and backed away slowly.

'You pack quite a punch, little girl.' The man said in a very quiet tone.

'Oh, adrenaline you know. Was really shocked, I mean, one shouldn't scare people in the middle of the night. That's when everyone's at their most alert.' She answered quickly, looking round out the corner of her eyes if there was anybody coming towards them. As usual, where were people when you need them?

He circled her slowly and she realised that she was being backed against the wall. She narrowed her eyes now. She was tired and really wanted her bed. This guy, no matter how stunning, was turning out to be a bit of a psycho. He had obviously waited outside for her to come out because the bar had shut over an hour ago. 'Look, I don't have time for this. I've apologised for hitting you and you seem alright although why you would still be able to stand after that, I don't know and right now I don't even care. Now, I'm tired and hungry as hell and I just wanna go home. So please get the fuck out of my way.'

He tilted his head to one side as if contemplating letting her go, then he smiled. 'No I don't think so. You see, it takes a lot to knock me down let alone across over twenty feet. And that puzzles me. So you see, I'm afraid I can't let you go till you tell me what exactly you are. Then I will gladly drop you at your place. You should not be alone at this time of the night anyway.'

Annette wanted to pull her hair out and scream in frustration, 'Look, I've said many times over that I'm sorry. And I told you, adrenaline. Now whether you want to believe me or not I don't care. Let me go, I can take care of myself as you have clearly realised. And do you honestly think I'd get into the same car with a creep like you?'

The moment she yelled this last question, she realised the mistake she had made. His face darkened and his eyes...glittered? She let out a scared whimper as he somehow appeared in front of her without moving and pushed her somewhat roughly against the wall.

'Don't call me a creep, ma cherie. That is a word I abhor more than anything.' He whispered against her neck.

Then he licked her.

That was the last straw, her temper snapped and it was as if everything happened in slow motion. Her eyes seemed to blaze through her contacts and she could feel them disintegrating letting her silver eyes shine through. The man's hand relaxed as he stared at her in disbelief. She gripped his arm with one hand and slowly unclenched his fingers from her neck, and with her other harm, she made a fist and punched him solidly in his solar plexus. She barely heard the grunt he made as he flew across to the other side of the street. She walked over towards him, murder blazing in her eyes as they grew brighter and brighter.

He looked up and mouthed silently, 'What are you?'

She smiled evilly at him and replied, 'Someone you wish you never messed with pretty boy.'

She grabbed him by his coat and lifted him up roughly till he was practically on tiptoes. 'Now I don't want to kill you, I really don't. So stay the hell away from this bar and stay as far away from me as you possibly can. Understood?'

To her surprise, he smiled down at her and then, he did something that would forever remain branded in her memory. He whispered, 'I will never stay away from you, little girl.' He kissed the hand closest to his lips then disappeared.

It was a wonder Annette did not faint.