Silver Eyes Ch. 06

Story Info
A romance between a vampire and a supernatural woman.
3.1k words
4.72
25.4k
18
6

Part 7 of the 17 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 08/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Yay, it's the weekend! No work for me. Glorious weekend, whoop-de-doop!' Olivia ran round the living room waving Annette's bra over her head.

Annette scowled at her angrily from the depths of her duvet. She was near comatose on the living room sofa. Friday night had been awfully busy as per usual and all she wanted to do was laze around on the sofa, watch TV all day long and eat Walkers Cheese and Onion crisps, bag after bag. Listening to Olivia's off-key singing voice and watching her run about like a mad harpy with her bra was not part of the plan.

'Hush you crazy whore and give me back my bra! Your voice is horrendous.' Annette hissed at her, glaring as evilly as she could. Without her contacts she was doing a pretty good job.

'You can't scare me, superwoman. So stop with the evil glare.' Olivia jiggled her bum right in Annette's face and ran off giggling when Annette lunged at her. 'Come on. It's a glorious day. Well as glorious as any winter day could be especially in this shitty country. Let's go for a walk in the park. Kick all the dead leaves at annoying perky kids. Come on, I know you want to. You hate kids. Plus it's been a very long time since you went out in the day, you've become a night creature. Like your mystery vampire guy.'

Annette hit her head with the flat of her hand groaning loudly. Olivia was going to whinge non-stop if she did not get her way. And she really did not want to hear anything about her vampire right now. She blushed to herself softly as she realised she was actually referring to him as her vampire. She got off the sofa stretching. 'Fine. We'll go for a walk. But...' she raised up a hand to stop Olivia's mad shriek of victory, 'But you have to promise me something. A few things actually.'

'Anything! Your wish is my command baby.' Olivia crowed.

'Firstly, no talking about the vampire. Not a single word for the whole journey. Secondly, you are going to leave me alone in peace when we get back. I intend to be a bum today and there's no way you are going to interfere. And lastly, you are going to buy a massive tub of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food as a gift for my loving friendship to you.'

Olivia rolled her eyes, 'More like bribery. Yeah, whatever. But I can talk to you about him when we get back. You did say the whole journey, nothing about when we get back home.'

'Indeed I did. But I also said you have to leave me alone when we get back. And that includes talking about him. For the entire day.' Annette replied with a sly smirk.

'Whatever. Go get your coat, killjoy.' Olivia mock sulked.

A few minutes later, they were strolling towards Hyde Park all wrapped up in thick scarves, ear muffs, beanie hats and large coats.

'Isn't this glorious? The sun shining, crisp fresh air, taking in the deliciously wintery air...aah, divine.' Olivia inhaled happily.

'Glorious? Hmm, let's see. The sun is shining, definitely. But it doesn't really matter does it because it's more like a fucking blinding glare in my eyes. It's not doing anything to prevent how sodding cold it is. And taking in the air, ha! More like inhaling shards of glass down your nostrils straight to your lungs.' Annette complained bitterly.

'Stop spoiling everything, Netta. You've been sulking around the flat this whole week like your favourite toy was stolen from you and I've been trying my best to cheer you up and frankly you're getting on my last tits. I get back from work tired as hell but I push it aside so you see a cheerful face before you go to the bar. Still you don't show me any form of gratitude or whatnot. I don't even care about that 'cuz you're my friend and it's my job to get you out of your funk but trying to ruin the only free day I have in a week, spent on cheering you up again nonetheless...no, I won't have that. So stop it or just go back home. I don't want you ruining my mood any further.' Olivia had stopped in the middle of the park pavement with her fists on either side of her waist.

Annette thought to herself darkly, well I didn't ask you for your help now did I? I was perfectly happy being in my so-called funk and you just had to be little miss fucking sunshine. Well that's what you get for being a bloody Good Samaritan. She half felt like saying just as much to Olivia but she relented almost immediately. It really wasn't Olivia's fault that she was in a bad mood. The whole week had been shitty what with her vampire not turning up at all and the fact that although she had been the one to drive him away, she was still wishing he was around. It was mostly self disgust that filled her for wanting her stalker back. She snorted at herself in anger then looked up. Olivia was still staring at her with her eyes flashing. Annette sighed, 'I'm sorry, okay. Sorry I'm taking out my annoyance on you especially when I know you truly are trying to get me out of this stupid, self-inflicted mood I'm in. Don't worry, I won't say anything depressing again. I'll even talk about the joy of the birds chirping and the bees buzzing if you like.'

That elicited a reluctant smile from Olivia. 'Well, you don't have to go that far of course. But just smiling and nodding will be alright.'

'Okay. Smile and nod. Got it.' Annette grinned at her and linked arms once more as the girls continued their walk.

***

Angus stared at the two girls as they resumed their now joyful jaunt across the park. With his enhanced hearing, he had listened in as they argued. He smiled to himself. He was definitely going to enjoy getting to know the one called Olivia better. She seemed very fiery especially after being a witness to her little display of temper. He thought of a plan on how to attract their attention. He had to make sure it came across as genuinely accidental. There was no way they would believe otherwise as they struck him as very intelligent and suspicious characters. He let out a soft chuckle; he was going to enjoy this bit of challenge. His eyes narrowed once more as he stared at the girls, Olivia in particular. She was quite delectable, he mused to himself. She had been too far away for him to notice the colour of her eyes or how her body was with it all wrapped up in those ugly winter clothing. But the bit of hair he had spotted, all wavy and full the colour of a rich sable and the delicious looking full lower lip she had chewed on as Annette apologised to her; he felt himself begin to harden.

Yes, it was truly going to be a very enjoyable task, getting Olivia to trust him.

***

'Bloody Hell, why do they allow dogs as massive as that to run about the park leash-less?' Olivia muttered angrily as they watched a big Rottweiler run around, it's owners oblivious to its activities.

Annette laughed out loud, 'Oh my God, forgot about your completely irrational fear of dogs. Really Livvy, they are delightful creatures. And are completely lovely and tame. Why on earth is anyone scared of dogs?'

'Why wouldn't they be?' Olivia retorted, 'Dreadful, snarling creatures. And they've become baby eaters too. Or have you forgotten the story about that horrid dog that ate a baby?'

Annette rolled her eyes, 'Oh please, Livvy. Ate a baby? It bit a baby, yes but it's a pit bull terrier. Those dogs are crazy animals. And don't even go saying 'I told you so'. Just because one dog, or maybe a particular type of dog can be a bit mental doesn't mean all dogs are horrible creatures. It's the same way humans have serial killers and you know, child molesters...'

'Oh Annette. Comparing dogs to human beings, that fucking takes the cake.' Olivia shook her head vigorously as Annette opened her mouth ready to argue, 'No, nope, nada. We are simply going to agree to disagree. You like dogs and think the world of them and I hate dogs and think they should all be gassed. Okay. Fine. Moving on rather swiftly...' A large shriek of horror cut off her words and both girls turned round hurriedly to see the topic of their conversation crouched over a skinny dark-haired little boy and snarling at him viciously.

Olivia stood still in shock and terror. She could not be propelled towards the screaming boy as all her fears rose to the surface. Her face turned white and she saw black spots fill her vision as she slowly sank to the ground.

Annette, on the other hand, had run towards the boy and the dog who truly looked scary as it snarled and growled at the obviously petrified child. As she tiptoed closer dog, she began cooing softly, 'Here boy, down boy. Come on, big fella, you don't want to hurt the young 'un now, do ya?'

The dog turned towards the voice and snarled at her angrily. She quickly looked round and saw that its owners, although rushing towards them, were still far away. She didn't notice anyone else near them so she quickly ran to the dog and stuck her arm quickly in front of its frothing muzzle as it lunged towards the white-faced, mewling little boy. She did not feel the bite of the dog but she certainly heard its loud snap and thought to herself, that it definitely did not sound good at all. She used her bitten arm to raise the dog off the boy who immediately fainted at this unbelievable sight. She used her other arm to pry the dog's sharp teeth off her mutilated arm and winced as she heard a wet ripping sound. She closed her eyes as she also heard the scarier sound of footsteps running towards her. Oh crap, witnesses were coming closer. She looked at her arm and almost sobbed in relief as it healed rapidly and looked up at the dog as it gobbled down the little bits of her flesh. She had no idea what she was going to do about the smears of blood on its snout however.

Just as she thought this, a hysterical woman rushed towards her screaming, 'Ben! My baby, Ben!'

Annette quickly grabbed the collar of the dog as it went almost mental, barking and straining towards the woman. The woman paid no attention to the snarling animal, so intent was she on getting to her son. She rushed to him and scooped him in her arms sobbing loudly.

Annette quickly said, 'Best you get your boy out of here to the nearest hospital. I can't hold this dog for too long.'

'Oh thank you. Thank you so much.' The woman sobbed as she ran the opposite way towards her car, Annette presumed. She turned around and saw the owners of the dog, a young man and woman run towards her.

The man quickly grabbed the collar from her as the woman turned towards her with widened eyes, 'Oh my God I'm so sorry. It's never behaved like that before. I'm really sorry. Did it hurt you?' She did not wait for an answer as she looked at the dog's snout and noticed a tiny smear of red. Luckily Annette thought, it had licked off most of the blood.

'Oh no! It did. It did hurt you. Oh, it doesn't have rabies I assure you. Do you need a doctor? I will pay I swear.' The woman babbled as tears ran down her face.

Annette rushed to placate her. 'Oh no, don't worry about that. It was a tiny scratch, honest. Just keep your dog away from the park for a while, I think. If that poor boy's mother wasn't so anxious about her son, she would have gone bonkers. She still might if she suddenly realises that she's not sued you to heaven and back and comes back here so best you scoot with the dog now.'

'Oh thank you. You are so incredibly nice. Thank you ever so much.' Both man and woman gushed as they leashed their dog and walked off, turning every step or so to mouth 'Thank you.'

Annette rolled her neck hearing the ever soothing clicks. All she had wanted was a lazy day on the sofa but what did she get? A fucking adventure, that's what!

She turned back to see Olivia being held by a large red-haired man who seemed to be talking in a calming manner to her. Both of them stared at her as she approached them cautiously.

'Oh my God, Netta.' Olivia half-sobbed as she hurled herself in Annette's arms. 'I was so worried, I mean. I thought that dog was going to rip your arm off, I mean I know it probably didn't...' Annette quickly cleared her throat halting Olivia mid-speech. She did not want Olivia blurting out her secret in front of a stranger, or anyone for that matter. Olivia quickly understood and shut it, content to hug Annette as tightly as she could.

Annette in turn stared suspiciously at the red-haired chap. He looked back at her albeit with concern in his hazel eyes. 'Are you okay?' He asked. 'I could have sworn I saw that dog clamp down on your arm.'

'You saw wrong. All it got was my coat. Thank God for winter and its incredibly thick coats, hunh?' She replied not caring if the excuse came out weak or not.

Olivia noted the flat tone of Annette's voice and quickly unglued herself from her explaining as she did so, 'This man was so lovely to me. You know my fear, now understandable thank you very much, about dogs? Well apparently, I fainted and this guy caught me. And he's been here with me as you wrestled that demon spawn of a dog. Oh Netta, I felt so helpless 'cuz I couldn't do absolutely anything to help you. And he wanted to go on and help but I thought I would faint again and he stayed to make sure. Hope that wasn't selfish of me, babe?' She looked at Annette who snorted inwardly.

Selfish my arse, Annette thought. She knew that look in Olivia's eyes. Olivia clearly knew that Annette could take care of herself and although she might have been worried at first, the attraction she could spot in Livvy's devious wide blue eyes was what had kept the red-haired guy by her side, Annette was certain. 'No it wasn't darling. I totally understand. But as we can all see, I am perfectly alright. Probably best if we cut this walk short and head on home. Think I've had enough excitement for today.'

She started walking off leaving Olivia and the stranger behind.

***

Angus stared after Annette as she walked off. Well, Seb was right after all. She truly was extraordinary. She smelt completely human yet acted differently especially after what he had seen with the dog. Her coat sleeve wasn't long enough to cover the end of her arm close to her wrist and he had clearly seen the dog bite and even rip off some of her skin. Immediately, her skin had knitted itself together and the blood had bubbled and sank back into it as it healed. Even vampires did not heal that neatly. They usually lost some blood from their cuts or wounds but she, it was as if her body was jealously guarding all her precious blood and did not want any of it to waste. She truly was different and he could not wait to report this interesting bit of sighting to Sebastian. He focused back on the beautiful brown-haired blue eyed girl stood in front of him. She was definitely gorgeous and he knew that he was going to take her to his bed. All he could hope for was that she was ready to take all that he had to offer because their first coupling was not going to be a gentle affair.

'I'm sorry about my friend. She just had a frightening experience so isn't as friendly as she usually is.' Olivia apologised on behalf of Annette.

Angus almost snorted. Frightening his arse. More like routine for her he was sure. Instead, what came out his mouth was, 'I completely understand. She even took it stronger than any person I've ever seen, man or woman.'

Olivia smiled at this, 'Well, I guess I have to get going. Thanks again for catching my fall. How hideously embarrassing. Guess I'll see you around.' She said this airily but Angus caught the hidden question and smiled to himself.

'I hope I do see you around. Here's my card.' He handed her a card from his wallet. It had his name and phone number of his office. He was the head of a private investigation company.

How apt and ironic, he thought to himself for the umpteenth time.

She took it and read it, 'Angus, hunh? How Scottish.'

'Olivia, hunh? How upper middle class.'

The both laughed at this. Olivia looked round and noticed that Annette had walked quite a long way off, 'Oh shit. I really have to go now. I'll give you a call sometime.'

He stared deeply into her eyes and said huskily, 'I'll be waiting.'

She blushed and ducked her head quickly muttering a 'Good bye,' as she ran off towards Annette in a hurried manner.

Angus grinned to himself. How fortuitous it was that Olivia was scared of dogs. He felt a smidgen of regret that he had had to 'push' the dog to lose control and set it on a kid, but he had made sure that the dog wouldn't harm anybody. Annette putting out her arm like that had startled him and he had lost control of the dog for that split second that it bit her. But at least it had made him see firsthand her non-human abilities. Especially as Sebastian had no idea that she could heal too. All he knew was that she was exceptionally strong.

Hmm, maybe telling him this would alleviate the roar of anger that Seb was certain to emit once he heard that Annette was bitten in the first place. He chuckled once more to himself as he walked away, whistling as he did so.