SIW: Adam & Bronwille Ch. 12

Story Info
Endings that lead to new beginnings.
8k words
4.78
14.9k
17
22

Part 12 of the 13 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 09/08/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mokkelke
mokkelke
880 Followers

SIW : Adam and Bronwille.

Hi all, I know it's been a while. Sadly real life has its ups and downs that are out of our control. Writing and the focus were clearly not there and is still not as I want it to be. I can't give an ETA for the next chapter, I have started it but it needs some detailing and some more though put into it.

For the genuine anons, for you few I am sorry that I have turned off anon comments, but if people can't be constructive with their comments and prefer to jump to conclusions, without even looking further than the story page and prefer to treat us a bit like slaves, demanding stories and chapters... well over time I brushed things off like that and mostly ignored those people. But enough is enough. Those who care can hop onto my blog or twitter and know I am around and responding whenever I can, pretty fast in most cases. However I no longer will put up with the few anons thinking they can dictate what "I" should be doing according to them. I write cause I like to write, I write when I can, I try my best to stay consistent, though I am aware those attempts have failed, but I tried. If postings take longer you can be sure it is real life/family related and not because "I gave up the story", "forgot about it". Not once did I put a definite time measure on SIW and I never will.

I know I'm having a bit of a rant here but please dear anons, realize most of us here on Lit write because we like to write, not because it's a 9 to 5 job that we get paid for. In that case complain away, though I don't see you lot sending the same comments to the big writers out there "where is my sequel!!!". Waiting for something is always hard, especially when you love the story, but being rude about it never serves you well. Plain and simple : treat another like you want to be treaded!

Now I'll apologize for my little rant, but I had to get it of my chest one last time. Anons you can still leave private feedback, I'll read it right away and if you attach an e-mail I will reply.

Now sit on the edge of your seat with the next chapters. Many thinks to Mazuri, Nulli and Evilsnoman for their support. Mikothebaby: an excellent piece of editing again!

Chapter Twelve : Endings that lead to new beginnings.

John and Gabriella were pacing anxiously, waiting for Merlin to arrive again. He had dropped off Rupert not long ago, together with an unconscious Ed. They had made sure Rupert was shackled up and had no way of escaping. Merlin eased their mind that Ed wouldn't cause a problem since he was holding him in a deep sleep until they were able to deal with his rogue wolf.

It left them waiting now. They had comforted each other, knowing that tonight they would have to make a decision neither of them liked, yet knew it had to be made and carried out.

Finally, they got the signal they were waiting for. Impatiently, they waited outside for a few seconds until they saw Merlin come out of the cell.

"Chasey is locked up next door and Derrick is shackled up. He's furious that his mumbo jumbo ain't working on me," Merlin shared with an evil glint in his eyes. "I gave him a feeling of what I can do, so he isn't so cocky anymore." He waited a bit before going on, "When you're ready, I'll unblock his powers so you can do your thing Gabriella. I had a poke around myself, he's quite unique with his skills, but still no match for me."

Gabriella looked up at John, "Best get this going. You know I'll be trying to see what his powers exactly are. I'm not gonna pretend it's going to be easy, so promise me already that even when it looks bad, you won't interfere?"

"Define 'not interfere'? If he hurts you, I'll have him hanging upside down by his nuts!"

"I'm sure he will not enjoy that," Merlin jumped in, "I'll make sure it will not come that far during her search. As said, I already had a peek at him but I fully understand Gabriella wanting to understand what made it all possible for him always being a step ahead and always avoiding you at all costs."

John shot him an angry look, "It's my job to protect her, I'm her mate not you!"

"And I respect that, John, I truly do, but I'm afraid that if he has full control over his powers he'll destroy the both of you. I'm not sure how it was even possible but since you both sired him, you really gave him unique powers that combined can be, and have been, very dangerous. Because I know you need revenge and closure, I haven't ended this. I could do that, you know. It would take me less time to do it than to explain how but I don't want to take away what you need to move on," Merlin said pleadingly, before he went on.

"Please, let me make sure you both have the outcome you want. That just means that I control his powers while Gabriella reaches into his mind and does whatever she needs to and we both heed her words of warning and don't interrupt her. It's hard to feel helpless, I know the feeling, but she has to do her thing knowing we won't interfere and make things worse. Ok?"

"I will not risk her life!" John kept raging on. "I don't need you or anyone else protecting her."

"My friend, do calm down. I understand the feeling, you have no idea how much. Sometimes it is out of your control of what you're able to do or not do. I will keep her safe. The moment he even makes a wrong move, I'll bound his powers so tightly he'll wish he was dead instead. Things are a bit different with vampires I assume, but basically Gabriella sees herself as his mother," Merlin gave the woman in question a sympathetic look, "She just needs to know, to understand that she tried her best. She'll need you more than she ever needed you before. This will hurt, even with all the bad thing he did, for you two it will hurt and she needs you to keep a grip on things. That's not likely to happen if you go in there and try to keep her safe. No matter what you'll promise, you will step in to keep her safe. Please John, listen to me, let me handle this and you'll have her in your arms before you know it."

"Why, Merlin, why are you so adamant about this?" John queried.

"As fast as I may be, Derrick is capable of doing a lot of damage in a short amount of time if he sets his mind to it. If you're in there playing guardian you won't be as focused as you should be, you'll be watching Gabriella like a hawk making sure she's ok, giving Derrick ample of time to do whatever he might have up his sleeve. Me, on the other hand, I have easy control over him. I trust Gabriella if she says it will hurt to search his mind but that it is a necessary evil to get to the bottom of it. All I have to do is watch Derrick and his reactions. Should I step in and control Derrick, we still have you to then take care of her and get her out of the room. I already said he ain't no match for me, but if he tries anything at all, I have to be sure I can trust in you too do what is needed."

"That is your reasoning now and I think I get it, but you still haven't answered why. Why don't you want me to protect my mate in there? What makes you so sure this is the right way to go?" John pushed for an answer now.

Merlin took a few deep breaths. This wasn't easy for him, not now, not after all the centuries he spent alone.

"I do not wish for you to have a remote chance of losing your life mate as I have lost mine. The situation is different, the outcome may be the same. I feel the same level of connection between you two that I had with mine. I do not wish it upon anyone to feel the loss it brings should you lose her. Will you heed my words now?" Merlin kept a steady gaze on John now, making sure the tall vampire understood the true and raw meaning of his words and revelation.

John was silent and Gabriella had snuggled up tightly.

"Ok, I'll stand back. It'll be hard for me to stand there idle but I'll be back up. She must have meant the world to you." John sounded a lot more calmer now with Gabriella hugging him tight, her silent plea for him to listen to reason.

"She always will be my world." Merlin was silent after those words, letting the meaning sink in for all of them.

"Let me do a last check up on Ed and Rupert and then we'll go deal with Derrick. Don't want to interrupt anything should anything occur with either of them, not that I expect anything to happen. Rather be safe than sorry," Merlin suggested.

"That's OK, don't think we're going anywhere," John said, eying the door to Derrick's cell.

Gabriella had stayed rather silent, gathering her courage to be able to do one of the hardest things she ever had to do.

+ + + +

Derrick tested the chains but was unable to move or break them. His inner beast was close, his eyes glowing angrily. He didn't like being tied down like a helpless pup. He mentally tried to reach out to his own fledglings but his clouded mind simply wasn't working. He got even more angry at the man he briefly saw when he got here. Derrick had tried to overpower him, blasting him with all his power but the man simply laughed.

"Tssk tssk, you should know when to play and when to be a good little boy. Luckily for you I'm not here to play, I'm just the back-up. I am not sure what you were trying to do but let me show you only a fraction of what I can do to you, if I wished," Merlin taunted him.

That's when his mind went completely blank and all he could see was blackness, endless blackness. Then he felt like he was choking. He knew that couldn't be possible. Vampires only pretended to breath, they didn't need the precious air like the humans did. Yet here he hung, fighting and struggling to stay alive like a human. It was humiliating!

"Didn't like that, did you? I just used your own power against you, made you feel like a human, so reacted like a human and there was nothing you could do about it. So what say you? Going to behave a little? Not that you'll be able to do much. They provided a nice pair of shackles," he said pointing up, "If you dig deep you may remember what is so special about them. Just to be safe, I'll leave something of myself behind too. Don't want you to get all cocky and thinking you can escape from here."

Derrick hadn't spoken a single word, he couldn't, even if he wanted to. That bastard in front of him had muted him. All he knew now, was that the man before him scared the shit out of him, HIM, the big boss of it all. He was angry all right but smart enough to know he was outmatched, he just had to bid his time. He didn't have to pretend too much to look scared shitless but it seemed to do the trick as the other one just smiled and vanished in a blink of an eye. What the hell is this man? Who is he? How did they get to me? Who is behind all this?

He tried to curse when it became clear that it had to be those two that Chasey brought. It just had to be them, he just didn't know how. He yanked the chains but they didn't budge. Aware that his mental powers had been shut down, the same as for his speech, he didn't expect him to have him completely powerless.

The fear that absorbed him first was slowly being overtaken by a rage he never felt before. He wanted to escape and rip apart whoever it was that put him here. A scraping sound made him focus on the door.

His eyes grew wide when he saw who entered.

"Hello, my child. Time you came home again, don't you agree?" said Gabriella as she slowly walked to him.

Derrick fought against the restraints.

"Tssk tssk, you should know better, my child. You can't break those chains. Remember your lessons, or have you really become that careless and dumb? Seeing how you always stayed one step ahead of us I doubt that. Silver covered titanium, try and remember." Her tone stayed flat as she paced in front of him.

Only now he saw that the one dude had entered too and was eying him like a watchdog. John was there too. His inner beast roared with anger.

"Cool down, my child. Nothing you will do can change the outcome of tonight. You fooled and tricked us, misled us for so long just so we both would make you our child. We broke the most sacred of rules in the vampire world for you and this is how you repay us? I'm not even going to start to make a list of what you did, just let me tell you it ends now, permanently." Gabriella was visibly shaking, just being reminded of all the bad things.

"Did we really mean so little to you? Did we do something that caused you to be like this?" she looked him dead in the eyes, sadly all she saw was anger.

Turning around she gave Merlin a quick nod.

"You can talk if you want to, even try to use your powers but head the lessons we taught you. All I'm going to do now is look into your mind and figure out exactly what kind of powers you have gained. How much it will hurt depends on yourself, fight me and you'll hurt, wishing you were already dead." She paused a few seconds but the angry glare didn't leave his eyes.

"Who's that dude?" were the first words Derrick growled.

"That is our new friend, Merlin. Let's just say he's complicated." Gabriella moved closer so she could whisper into his ear. "He's older than me and his powers are godlike, think twice before pushing his buttons. Now, let us begin, shall we?"

Derrick fought against the shackles, his fangs dropping. He wasn't even aware they pierced his lower lip.

"It's your choice, I will find out one way or another," she said before she grabbed his head in a tight hold and put their heads together.

The initial contact was fine but as she tried to look deeper into his mind it became harder for her. Derrick was throwing up wall after wall and it was draining her, much faster than she anticipated he could. Her own beast jumped in, making her stronger and more resilient as she tore down all the mental walls.

Close, so close she thought as she noticed a black abyss getting closer. Gabriella cried out at the sudden stabs of pain she felt in her own brain.

You're not the only one who can mind walk, bitch. You may have me shackled up but that is all you'll ever be able to do, but not for much longer. I'm gonna enjoy when you'll slaughter your mate in a few.

Gabriella gasped. She never would have thought another could be such a strong mind walker, a rare a gift it already was, it was so open for abuse. Her control slipped just a little bit as she realized this must have been the main reason why he was able to get to the top spot so fast. Suddenly, her mind felt clouded, her own power and will slipping away.

John watched with mixed feelings, his fangs already low from the moment he had heard her scream. He looked on as Gabriella stood and turned, her eyes as black as the night. He looked behind her and saw Derrick still in the same position as when they started. John wasn't sure what was going on but something inside of him warned him that something was amiss.

"Merlin?" He hoped he at least could make sure if anything was wrong.

Before he could even answer Gabriella flew towards John, fangs low, nails at full length. Only her age made her faster than John. She got in a few punches and slashed before she went for his throat.

John struggled against her, he didn't want to hurt his mate, but he had to get the upper hand on the situation. The only option he saw was holding on to her and restrain her as much as he could and keep her head where it was now. She could drain him but it would take a lot of effort and he hoped by then that Merlin would have done something.

Those thoughts had barely passed or Gabriella went limp in his arms. He felt his blood flow down, soaking his shirt.

"Gabriella, my Queen, say something! Do something!" John was frantic now, not sure what had happened to her.

Merlin spoke up than. "She's out for a short while. He," Merlin pointed behind, "is a lot stronger with his mental powers than I gave him credit for, I have a huge apology to make to you both."

"Apologies ain't gonna help you now! What did you do to Gabriella? Tell me now or so help me, I will gut you this instant!!" John was seeing red, holding a still Gabriella in his arms, holding her close to his heart.

"She's asleep. It was the only way I could break the link Derrick had made with her mind. Gabriella will wake up in a few minutes and she'll remember it all. Their powers are quite similar. What I gather from the connection is, that Derrick is able to tap into her mind and take it over, but the person needs to be awake. Gabriella can only do the mind walking, not take over their minds. She can do it when they're awake or asleep." Merlin waited a bit after his explanation.

"She's going to be fine?" John sounded a bit calmer but his eyes were still a crimson red.

"Yes, she'll be weak but she'll be fine after she feeds. What do you want to do about him?" Merlin was pointing to the slumped body of Derrick behind him.

"I want to shred him to pieces, slowly. I wish he'd feel every cut I make, hear every bone shatter as I break them." John held Gabriella tighter. "But it's not going to change what he did to my Queen; I've done many things that shouldn't see the light of day and I had made peace with the fact we would end his sorry life. I can't, I simply can't. I'd lose myself to much and I have to be strong for her." He gazed down to Gabriella, tenderly stroking her cheek, his thumb trailing her soft lips.

Merlin understood his predicament. "Don't worry, you take care of her and I'll make sure Derrick is put to rest."

There wasn't a reply from John, he simply picked up Gabriella, turned towards Derrick and shook his head in defeat, "I'm sorry for what has become of you, my son. Goodbye."

With a soft click the door closed behind them as Merlin turned towards Derrick.

"Now what to do with you? End this quietly and without much fuss or give you to the big bad wolf next door?" Merlin stalked in front of Derrick for a while, contemplating his decision. "Think it's going to be the big bad wolf; he needs a toy to play with when he wakes up." Merlin stepped closer, touching Derrick's temple with a single finger. He squinted his eyes at what he found in his most recent memories.

"Definitely big bad wolf material. You been rather the coward using your power, it won't help you now. You see, I'll be blocking them all so all you have left is your strength and speed. Level the odds, just a little."

Derrick fought against his restraint, furious at the taunting tone that was used by the man in front of him. He had no clue where he kept all this rage. He knew damn well he should be scared big time, that the blond man was someone he wished he never had met.

Merlin saw the ray of emotions ran over Derrick's face and smiled.

"You're curious as to what I am, aren't you? I'm an Ancient. One of the very few left. We are those who stood at the cradle of humankind and all others. You know there is more to this world then vampires and werewolves. The rest don't really need us anymore. They have found a balance with the humans they live with. It's just a few like yourself that give all the non-humans a bad reputation. It's in situations like this that I really don't mind giving a helping hand getting rid of the bad apples."

Merlin crouched in front of him.

"You get the enormity of what I just told you? A nod will suffice, I don't have the need to listen to your whiny voice any longer."

Derrick looked him straight in the eyes, pulling and tugging at the shackles.

"Tssk tssk. That's not the answer I wanted. Gabriella told you. You should have taken her stories more seriously. Even with your powers in full force you couldn't use them at their full capabilities, the titanium would take care of that. If her concentration wouldn't have dropped, you wouldn't have had a way inside her mind. I'll give you that, it was a sneaky move. One I'm glad you'll never be able to use ever again."

He stood again and this time he grabbed hold of Derricks head and blocked him as tight as he could, only leaving behind the basic strength and speed of a vampire.

mokkelke
mokkelke
880 Followers